1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Pink Blossom Quest IIIrd Strike

Discussion in 'Questing' started by Biigoh, Mar 22, 2013.

1. macdjord

macdjord Well worn.

... now I want to casually ask her what her opinion on reincarnation is.

2. Biigoh

Biigoh Primordial Tanuki Moderator

Kawarimi no Jutsu : This technique is the "quick escape" or "no, you did not hit me" technique as used by ninja. Typically, the ninja is hit, there is a puff of smoke and the ninja is nowhere near where he or she was.

This is a two part technique. One is an enhancement to speed, allowing one to simply move up to a certain distance from where they were. Movement that was almost like teleportation, given the speeds involved. The other is the creation of a substitution object using an extremely limited solid clone technique; every single variant of this technique has a single object embedded into the design of the clone, be it a log, bone, boulder or something, and it can not be changed without making a new Kawarimi variant technique.

This technique is D rank.

Shunshin no Jutsu : A variant of the Kawarimi no Jutsu technique is the Shunshin no Jutsu, otherwise known as the Body Flicker technique. Thie technique is a high-speed movement technique, allowing a ninja to move short to long distances at an almost untraceable speed. To someone watching the ninja, it is as if the ninja had simply teleported.

Occasionally, there is a puff of smoke or flutter of leaves to disguise the user's movements. This is more a customization of said technique, and sees variations based on the village said ninja is from.

Most genin figure out this technique on their own. For those who don't, their instructors tend to teach their genin this technique if they haven't figured it out by a certain point.

This technique is D rank. There are more powerful versions of this technique, one of which was claimed by some to have been used by the Fourth Hokage of Konoha to deadly effect, earning him the title of the Yellow Flash.

3. Happerry

Happerry The Song to the Flame

[X] Accept the challenge
    - - [X] Start out slow and test your cousin's limits and skills!
    - - [x] Skill verses skill, fist verses sword! Of course, if she starts using special techs, then retaliate in kind.

4. Biigoh

[​IMG]
    Click on image for larger version​

Sauce is not danbooru, but a certain Squirrel on the Questionable Quest forum

[X] Start out slow and test your cousin's limits and skills!
    - - [X] Don't underestimate her; she's been training, just like you have.

since Invisible Castle is down, no online dice rolls

You bounce in place and did some stretching. You did want to see just how much Softy had grown in skill. To compare your growth to hers.

Off to the other side, you see Youmu conscripting Naruto and having her hold her swords, while she tested out a pair of bokken. Satisfied with her weapons and slipping one into the side of her obi, she smiled at your blonde classmate before patting her on her head and calling her a good girl.

For some unknown reason, you found yourself twitching at that.

Her smile only grew at your twitching. "So, how about a little wager? If I win, I'll be the big sister of Naruto here."

At those words, something snapped inside you... and you find yourself not quite flying at your cousin, fist first and charged with chakra. Pointed straight at her tummy. Your speed wasn't that much greater than when you had last sparred with grandfather. The only difference was that back then, you had enhanced yourself... now, not so much.

Your cousin just smiled at your charge, and closed her eyes and calmly breathed in... that was the only warning you had that things were not going the way you would want it to.

A light tap against your fist, redirected your punch just so, and the follow up was your cousin shifting her stance just so as the wooden blade of her bokken glided up your forearm.

There was a light tap on the back of your neck as you stepped past her and she turned.

"You just lost your head," There was a not quite mocking tone in her voice.

You pause and twitch.

Spinning about, you start a flurry of kicks and punches at her. Swift! blows with sufficient power in them to stop one of your classmates cold.

And she stepped back a single step and lightly tapped your attacks away from her body. There wasn't any power in her defense, nor was she faster than you.

And yet.

And yet.

It was an inescapable truth that she was defeating your attacks. You were moving faster than she was, and you could feel that her skill at playing with swords wasn't overwhelmingly better than your skill at taijutsu.

And yet...

She saw past every single attack, and had her bokken placed just right where it could do the most to simply stop your punches and kicks.

It wasn't possible. It couldn't be.

It was insulting that she kept her eyes closed as she fought you.

As you battled your cousin, or attempted to hit her, you blinked as you caught sight of an entranced look on Sasuke's face for a moment, along with a worried look on Naruto, but only for a moment as your movement took you out of position to see more.

There was another pause as she lightly tapped your arms out of position before resting the tip of her weapon on your belly button. She smiled at you before taking a step forward and guided her weapon upwards over your tummy, between your breasts and stopping under your chin. "And you just got gutted...."

"Why, at this rate, you should be called Soft-chan, the softest of softs," She said with amusement and had a hand before her mouth as she lightly laughed. There was a malicious amusement in her eyes now as she opened them and looked at you. Wait, was she calling you the nickname that you had given her.

That.... that was insulting!

It was a perfectly good nickname that you spent time thinking up before giving it to her.

Very well, if she could stop your attacks as they were... clearly, it was time to kick it up a notch and go bam!

You stepped back and brought your hands together and flicked the seals for Ram, Boar, Ox, Dog, and Snake.

A brief poof of smoke and a log floated where you stood before falling.

You, on the other hand, had already moved into position not quite behind your cousin, but out of her peripheral vision. You charge at her again.

This time inside her blind spot. Not a very nice thing to do, but you are going to so tummy punch her with a shou'ouken. Youmu totally deserve...

Oh come on, this was bullshit. Completely and utterly bullshit was the only thing you could think of as you found that she had simply swung her sword over her shoulders to guide your punch away from her before turning to just look at you before placing her bokken under your chin and wagged a finger at you.

"And here, I thought you would have been a challenge," That mocking lilt in her voice was there again. "Very well, in light of this fight, I dub you Soft-chan, for you truly are the softest of softs."

Mother would completely wash your mouth with soap if she heard the words you were using in your head. They were not very polite or elegant, but they fit your feelings as tears didn't quite make it to your eyes. This... this wasn't fair, you were suppose to fight and there would be a spirit of bonding and stuff.

But she was so cold and mocking. And you were losing.

"Th... this isn't fair," You look at her, unsure of just how she could do this.

"Mmmmh... I believe that wasn't it you who said that life wasn't fair when last we sparred?" You breath in and out and calmed yourself. Anger wasn't a good thing to have in a fight, and she had been dictating the terms of the fight from the very start with her mocking words.

And yet... there was something in you that wanted to hit her face so very hard. Or at least her tummy.

So, you tried to do so, and your fist was met by her sword.

[You know, I get the feeling that she can somehow see more than she should, to be able to sense our attack,] your inner voice spoke up. [She has to be using some sort of sensing technique, and using that to predict your blows. It's annoying, but not unbeatable. Follow my lead.]

You mentally nod and attacked with the guidance of the inner you... and find yourself pushing your cousin back, as the edge of your strikes drew closer on her and she was unable to parry as she freely had.

Eventually, you find yourself using countless feigns and strikes at her within a single strike.

And she parries as you did, with a thousand and one parries, each guiding away your phantom blows.

Her final strike lands on your shoulder as you rest your elbow against her tummy in a perfect tummy elbow strike.

"So a draw?" "I guess, it's a draw... Soft-chan."

You twitch at the nickname she had given you but step back. For now...

- - -
    Pink Blossom Quest - Year 10 The Fight

What Do?
    [X] Watch in horror as Sasuke hits on your cousin and asks her to teach him....
    [X] Watch as a blushing Naruto gives your cousin her weapons before coming to patpat you on your back.
    [X] Oh, hey... it's time for dessert.
    [X] Talk to your two big sis and try not to whine about the fight.
    [X] Talk to grandfather and find out just what did... Youmu learn?!?!
    [X] Talk to your cousin [about what]?
    [X] Write in like a boss.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
  5. Inara Seraph

Inara Seraph Know what you're doing yet?

[X] Oh, hey... it's time for dessert.

Good food washes away all disappointment. It's clear she really wanted to beat us, but the reverse isn't really true. We don't even remember the provocation that started the duel. Seems to me like our cousin specifically came here to challenge us. It would be rather funny if after all that, we just brushed it off and went back to eating ice cream.

edit; and I have a suspicion whatever she learned isn't something we can also learn.

6. Felius

Felius Experienced.

I want some of this.

7. EnderofWorlds

EnderofWorlds Versed in the lewd.

We already did begin to learn it near the end so we could tie; Word of GM on SB says that any longer and we'd have learned it.

8. Inara Seraph

I see. I'm not really sure what the technique was; it wasn't really explained what was going on, but more techniques in our arsenal can't hurt. That said, I don't want to keep our rivalry with this girl going. It's obvious on our side we just want to have fun/make friends (even if it's not all that evident to the people around us..), but she seems to genuinely dislike us, and is fighting for revenge. Unless we can get both of us on the same page, I don't want to encourage this.

9. EnderofWorlds

Children are inherently cruel and heartless, and lack a solid grounding in morality and ethics; it's part of being a child. We had unintentionally hurt her by our teasing, and so she lashed out. She wanted us to make us hurt like she did, and so she did. Was it wrong? Yes. Was it cruel? Given our reaction, and how she responded; definitely. Did she understand this? I would say...no, not really.

Youmu's what; 10? 11? She's not that much older than us, and at that age the concept of 'morality' and 'right and wrong' aren't as grounded as they are in us as adults, or even teenagers. As far as a child's concerned, 'wrong' is 'what mommy and daddy says not to do' because 'I'll be punished'. They don't understand, or fully grasp, the actual consequences of their actions; not until they get older. I don't like it; but I understand it.

We hurt Youmu with our teasing; and while we meant no harm by it, Youmu probably couldn't tell that we weren't insulting her. She was hurt, so she lashed out once given the chance. The fact that we're family or that it was 'wrong' of her to do that to family hadn't crossed her mind because that sort of concept isn't in the mind of a 10 year old. They don't understand that kind of thing; maybe in a couple of years she would but not now.

10. Scia

Scia Not too sore, are you?

And we also hurt her while she was even younger and thus most likely based her self worth in part on her acomplishments which we rolled over as a "dirty shinobi"

11. Inara Seraph

I saw a write-in that I liked as well over on SB; the 'hey, new sparring partner!' one- that would help in showing we weren't trying to be mean when we fought her way back in whatever update.

12. Biigoh

Tally update​

13. Inara Seraph

The tally is confusing me. What's up with the +2, +4, +10s? Is that someone's name? Are the choices weighted?

14. Biigoh

They're basically the write-ins that carry part of the votes... ie lots of votes with things about desserts~

15. Balatro Philologus

Balatro Philologus Still finds own avatar hilarious

[X] Plan cokerpilot
    Finally someone that can CHALLENGE US, a peer WORTHY of our ATTENTION, This has the POTENTIAL to be A RIVALRY THAT WILL CARRY US THROUGHOUT OUR LIVES! No More shall we wallow without someone to push us, NO MORE shall we have that constant worry of having no one worthy to FIGHT, NO MORE shall we be lost in this sea of loneliness called Prodigy, having none among our peers to TRULY CHALLENGE US in our field of expertise. We will take this as an OPPORTUNITY, we will take these sparks and with them ignite a FIRE, a BEACON to act as INSPIRATION TO ALL!
    [/HAM mode disengage :)]
    (that was fun to come up with)
    It would be great if this wins, Sakura really needs peers in the martial arts closer to her skill level than Lily is.

16. fitzgerald

fitzgerald Experienced.

Wait I have a winning write in..... Sweet!

17. Jiven

Jiven Most Excellent Lurker

[X] Watch as a blushing Naruto gives your cousin her weapons before coming to patpat you on your back.

18. Fellgar

Fellgar Connoisseur.

19. Larekko12

Larekko12 Connoisseur.

You're talking about the preconventional morality of kids right boss?

20. EnderofWorlds

Pretty much, yeah.

21. Jans

Jans That which smiles.

[X] Plan fitzgerald

22. Biigoh

Updated the tally, the pluses are basically how many times, said vote was used as a component in another vote.

23. Biigoh

[​IMG]
    Click on picture for larger version

Sauce is an illustration on danbooru /posts/546930

[X] Watch in horror as Sasuke hits on your cousin and asks her to teach him....
    - - [X] Naturally, you had to respond.

It was when you were enjoying the cake that had been brought out after the spar that you discovered something horrifying; Sasuke chatting with your cousin.

Okay, talking wasn't so bad. Really.

No, it was the cheerful way that Youmu, you couldn't really call her Soft-chan when she had now passed the nickname to you, responded to the questions that Sasuke had for her.

Stupid Sasuke and his far too interested in your cousin, and looking cute and... stuff. You could admit that Sasuke could look cute and attractive for a boy. But still, it wasn't like he was Kasumi-sensei or that jounin Maito Gai or Lily...

For a moment, you pause in a far too active imaginary fight between the three of them. That would be something to watch and... and possibly join in, wouldn't it?

You had to shake your head to get rid of the blush that had formed at the thoughts you just had. You were a horrible pervert, you could tell... what with the way you want to slap your cheeks and wanted to go Kyaaaah~.

Still, you focus on what they were talking about. Yes, yes... he was praising her skill with a sword and... wait... was he actually asking her for tips as well as how she did that amazing thing... and... that... that stupid Sasuke. How could he do this to you?

He was asking her for help. He should ask you for help.

That was totally a horrible thing to see.

Still, it's clear that Youmu's superior... technique has won the heart of your wife Sasuke. You had to admit defeat. There was only one thing left to do.

Yield gracefully.

"Youmu..." You weren't sniffing or anything. You were going to have to defeat her and make her have the Soft-chan name again. "You goaded me this whole fight and I let myself charge in blindly. This was a loss for me. You have won the right to my wife. I hope..." You hold in your tears before placing a hand on Sasuke and Youmu's hands to clasp them together. "That you are very happy together."

Youmu smiled and patted you on your head in response. "Silly Soft-chan. Of course, I'll look after your Sasuke-chan."

"Next time. Next time," You look firmly at Youmu. "I'll beat you. Just wait.... next time, you'll be Soft-chan and I'll win back Sasuke-chan!"

"Hey!" The boy in question just looks at the two of you with irritation. "I'm... I'm not a prize to be fought over."

He gets a smile and a pat on the head by Youmu, asked to go sit down as the girls are talking.

At the looks from both you and Youmu, he's forced to go sit down.

"I'll be waiting for you Soft-chan," She smiled. "Try and catch up, if you can."

As you walk away from your cousin and Sasuke, you blink at the sight of your Big Sisters giggling and chatting with Lily and lady Uchiha... there is this vague suspicion that you're the subject of said conversation. At least you, your cousin and Sasuke.

And thus did your birthday end with cake, and assorted snacks.

- - -

And so did classes and your normal resume... what were you going to focus on.

And why did the girls in your classes giggle when they looked at you or Sasuke... well, outside of Naruto and Hyuuga-hime.

- - -
    Pink Blossom Quest - Year 10 Cake

What Do during school time?
    [X] Investigate the scurrilous rumours running rampant in class.
    [X] Try and help your classmates.
    [X] Focus on lessons, and pay no attention to those giggles. Nothing good can come of them.

What Do after school time?
    [X] Play some more with your little sister and mother.
    [X] Try and help your father at work.
    [X] Practice on the things your Big Sisters showed you after your birthday party.
    [X] Ask your father and mother for help with your school lessons and homework.

24. fitzgerald

fitzgerald Experienced.

Ffffffffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu........................

Gah so much hate. Bii as the writein that came close (last minute voyers are argh) any chance you could PM the results of what would have happened?

25. Larekko12

Larekko12 Connoisseur.

[x]Help your classmates finally.
    [x]Ask Momma and papa to help you with your school work and training.

26. Biigoh

Cake and tea, and then befriending... in short, the standard Gensoukyou fare after the protagonists win.

27. Selias

Selias Well worn.

[X] Focus on lessons, and pay no attention to those giggles. Nothing good can come of them.
    [X] Practice on the things your Big Sisters showed you after your birthday party.

28. Balatro Philologus

Balatro Philologus Still finds own avatar hilarious

(Because these are always neat)

29. Jans

Jans That which smiles.

[X] Try and help your father at work.

30. Biigoh

[​IMG]
    Click on picture for larger version

Sauce is Danbooru - /posts/1149774

Sakura Event - Naruto nee-san spotted~

Despite your attempts, you find yourself with little free time, but what free time you did have in school... you spend tutoring your classmates. Well, your classmates in your assorted classes.

Busy in school and busy afer school... there was no rule that stated that one could only study jutsu in school. Indeed, you and your classmates have always studied after school, secreted here and there in your little hideyholes or training grounds; woe awaits the student who ruins a classroom or worse their own bedroom at home.

But where your classmates played with the ninjutsu or genjutsu or even taijutsu taught at school or by their parents, you were playing with something more... potent.

Magan Sakarau no Akumu was the single technique your Big Sister taught you. A simple technique in application, it even had handseals unlike the Heart of Maya.

And yet, it was a technique designed to present a mirror, a reflection technique. Not to reflect a genjutsu technique or such, that would be too mundane. Rather, it was a simple illusion technique that allowed you to create an opponent for your opponent, one that was suited perfectly to face him; after all, what better opponent than themselves?

Naturally, you practiced it on Blanka. He could use with some fighting practice, given the way he kept losing to his own reflection.

As you practiced the Sakarau no Akumu technique, you discover to your delight that it was literally the simplest thing you had ever done. More than taijutsu that you lived and breathed. It was as if you could do it in your sleep.

Still, there was a single downside to this technique taught to you by your Big Sister. It was a technique that was based on finesse, and thus would be nearly useless against someone with more skill at genjutsu or was smart enough to realize they were in a genjutsu. As once someone knew they were in a genjutsu... it wasn't difficult to escape you.

That is, if you weren't layering a secondary level on top to keep them ensnared. But even this could be beaten, thus... you would need to practice until you were able to make an endless maze of genjutsu layers with your technique, such that it would take a prodigious amount of chakra to escape your techniques.

THAT was the true homework that she had provided you. The Heart of Maya required conceptual imaging, the endless maze of genjutsu took the skills you developed with the Heart of Maya and brought them higher another level, you would need to instinctively craft an infinite shell with every single genjutsu technique by reflex.

Then, there was Big Sis Merry Bell's gift, if such could be called it, was a single scroll with instructions on the basics of sealing techniques. There was even an example in it for practice; instructions on how to make low grade exploding tags, such as what was provided to students at the academy to practice with.

The theory was simple. The practice not so much as you had to develop a fine and careful eye and hand to write out the inscription, while ensuring you were channeling the correct amount of chakra down the brush and into the ink as you did so.

While the tag was inactive while being created, that didn't mean it wasn't nerve-wrecking as you practiced crafting exploding tags at home before taking them out to a training ground to... play with your results.

While your life after school was one of intense study, you noticed that at the academy that things were changing without you noticing. Such as the looks of pity and the occasional giggles by your female classmates. Or you eventually finding yourself being called Haruno-hime instead of the more familiar Big Sis Sakura or just Big Sis.

Given how busy you were, was it any surprise that you soon find yourself elevated to the position of the class "princess" as it were and thought of as the one likely to take the top spot when you graduate, or at least having a good chance to do so. It's just that you find yourself not interacting much with your classmates beyond your mutual classes and tutoring sessions.

You also find Naruto somehow ending up being the Big Sis to the younger classes, or at least the orphans in said classes. It was nice to see Naruto taking over your position and helping out the orphans.

You think you've even heard some odd rumors of mysterious donations to the Orphanage that made things easier for the orphans. At least beyond the normal magnanimity of the Hokage and the Daimyo.

Still, time slowly flies as you refine the techniques taught to you by your Big Sis. Your hand growing steadier at the art of calligraphy and seal making, while you find it gradually easier to add layers to the genjutsu taught to you. It is still a matter of thinking about it as you weave the genjutsu.

And thus, you find yourself nearing summer once more.

This time, however, there is a choice before you.

You had received a letter of invitation from the Hyuuga, well... more Hyuuga-hime had invited certain members of your classmates and you to join her at a summer getaway on the island of Goa located off the shores of the Fire Country in the Hanguri Gulf. Naturally, those invited would need to have their parents do the paperwork necessary.

Your mother also had an offer to do some light backpacking with her to visit various shrines for the summer. Something about ancient taijutsu and blessings for your baby sister.

Then, there was your father... who hinted that he might like it if you were to go on a little business trip with him.

And there was the small matter of the letter of invitation from your grandparents, to join them on a little vacation to the country of Hotsprings.

- - -
    Pink Blossom Quest - Year 10 Haruno-hi~me?

What do you pick?
    [X] Let's join Hyuuga-hime on the summer vacation to the southern shores of Fire Country.
    [X] Go backpacking with your mother and little sister across Fire Country.
    [X] Go on a business trip with your father? [If this vote wins, there will be a 2nd one for destination]
    [X] Go on a vacation with your grandparents to land of hotsprings~