1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

A Second Chance (Reincarnation/Crossover)

Discussion in 'Questing' started by Inara Seraph, Mar 26, 2013.

1. drake_azathoth

drake_azathoth Fabulously Evil

[x] Walk up to him, take off your gloves, and heal him.

2. MacroDaemon

MacroDaemon Know what you're doing yet?

[X] Walk up to him, take off your gloves, and heal him.

3. Larekko12

Larekko12 Connoisseur.

They're not unrelated seeing as the poisoning attempt that happened in canon with elvish medicine was precipitatedby our uncle and lead to Tabitha going child soldier. If I recall correctly of course.

Things aren't so close nit.

Altering our relationship with uncle as related to his familiar would have altered the circumstances under which that happened.

It would have also got us training alongside her in working on the inestigation precipitating many more level and well actually figuring out what happened. Conidering Shefields interest it's entirely possible that lo the murders were strange and supernatural Seeing as the Mind of God was handed to us instead of a Knight of the North Patierre. Ya know the actual black ops.

Pay Attention.

Healing BECOMES Healing AND Decay. The Mechanisms and magic are the same on different spectrums working by memory.

We always had the ability!

We 'discovered' read noticed or realized we had the ability after killing a cat on accident and not even noticing what we were doing to other people as well as having trouble controlling it. It's why we have a contact phobia.

It's entirely possible that it's been flaring up for months to years before we noticed and weakly opening up old and strange wounds ,particularly internal ones which are hard to detect, with out tutors who have the most contact with us outside mom.

It could like some sort of mystic scurvy causing them all to die of seeming mysterious natural causes or in a strange fashion that seemed magical seeing as the Mind of God was investigating when she's relatively new to the political scene instead of again gallian black ops.

Hell the scene read like the gm was snickering backhandedly at how... poor the choice was what with our non existant stealth, strange appearance and lack of friends.
    {X}Go up and offer healing.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
  4. Inara Seraph

Inara Seraph Know what you're doing yet?

I'm not that mean. :(

Any hidden snark was more like me wondering why you went to Joseph only to say 'er, nevermind.'

Also, votes locked, update soon.

5. Larekko12

Larekko12 Connoisseur.

Ah. Then I apologize for casting aspirations.

6. Plotvitalnpc

Plotvitalnpc Personification Personified

[X] I cast...HEALING SPELL!
    I almost never enter my votes as they appear on lists..

Anyways, I like this quest already

7. minuseven

minuseven low effort life

[X] Approach him cautiously, calling out to signal your presence. Ask if he wants healing.

8. Inara Seraph

BGM Set

[X] Walk up to him, take off your gloves, and heal him.

You don’t like seeing people hurt if you can help it. You have so very few opportunities to use your healing abilities for others, but you have a chance right now to do a good deed. You’re filled with trepidation at the thought of approaching him directly, but you can force yourself to do it. He’s obviously in pain, and you can use the motivation to ease his suffering to overcome your disinclination to touch a complete stranger.

You take off your gloves, and approach him steadily. You kneel down next to him and place your hands on his chest. He jerks violently, throwing you off and smacking you across the face.

“What do you want?! Go away!”

You massage your cheek tenderly. That hurt. “Owie..” You’re a little angry. What kind of reaction was that? You were just trying to help. You forget about his proximity entirely and stubbornly place your hands over his wounds again. He’s still hunched over for some reason, like he’s trying to mope or something. As his wounds start to reverse themselves, he jumps in surprise again, but he doesn’t throw you off this time.

“Wha-?” He starts squirming as the healing continues, but you overrule him.

“Sit still.”

He finally looks at you properly, and his eyes widen and his cheeks turn red in embarrassment and shame. He sits there speechless for a moment. “...”

You look back at him evenly, pointedly healing up your own bruise after you finish healing him. He seems properly contrite, but he’s doing a terrible job at showing it. You stare at him some more. Your expression says, ‘Well?’

Trait decreased: Contact Phobia E-

“..Thanks,” he says grudgingly. He looks sideways at you.

“How did you do that?”

You put a finger to your lips and smile enigmatically. “Not telling.”

That elicits a small smile from him. “I guess a girl’s got to have her secrets..”

There‘s another moment of silence that you‘re content to spend simply looking out over the practice yard. David speaks up, “You’re not going to ask anything?”

You tilt your head in thought. “Mm.. nope.”

“..It’s because I’m going to tell you anyway, isn’t it?”

He sighs. It looks like he wants to get something off his chest. “Haa..”

He begins his story, and you turn to listen. “Victor used to be like me. We were both from lower noble houses; we were always being looked down on. We were friends. But when lessons started..”

His gaze is far-off as he continues. “He was amazing. No one could match him. He’ll probably make Triangle before long. Suddenly, all the people who scorned him wanted to be his friend.”

His eyes turn hard, his expression angry. “He should’ve told them to stuff it. But instead he just forgot about it. Like it never happened..!” His hands are balled into fists as he looks fixedly at the ground.

“He left me behind. I can’t forgive that asshole.” He doesn’t seem to care to mind his language around you, but that’s fine. You’re smart enough not to go repeating words where they shouldn’t be said.

He‘s mostly engrossed in his retelling. This must have been eating him for a long time. “I thought if I could beat him.. his new ‘friends’ would leave him, and he’d be forced to realize how stupid he’s been.”

He sighs again, and turns his gaze to the sky. “But it’s hopeless. I’ll never be able to measure up to him.”

Turning to you, he asks, “What’s your name?”

Could it be he doesn‘t know who you are..? This boy is rather dense. You see no reason to clue him in. “I’m Charlotte.”

A full smile graces his features for the first time today. “And I’m David. Nice to meet you.”

He stands up, stretching. “Thanks for listening.. maybe I’ll come around again sometime. It’s nice to have someone to talk to.”

You wave to him as he exits the clearing. “Bye.."

His posture is devoid of the turmoil from earlier as he walks off. It seems like a load has been taken off his shoulders, simply from having a sympathetic ear to listen to him. You did a good thing.

--

On your way back from the practice yard, a surprise attack strikes without warning. Someone grabs you from behind, holding a hand over your mouth and nose, cutting off your air circulation. You can’t breathe at all. You're still not wearing your gloves, having taken them off previously. Your vision is beginning to go hazy..

[ ] Go limp, pretend to faint. Wait for a chance to escape.
    [ ] Activate decay, struggle to get free and land your hands onto your attacker.
    [ ] Make a bird, send it to the castle with orders to find your mother.
    [ ] Something else. (Write-in.)

Yeeeah, I couldn't really transition the end properly. It kind of comes across as 'Suddenly, ninjas' ..oh well!

Ayashi likes this.
  9. Robotninja

Robotninja Connoisseur.

[X]Decay.

10. Vindictus

Vindictus Experienced.

[X] Decay

11. Biigoh

Biigoh Primordial Tanuki Moderator

[X] Go limp, pretend to faint. Wait for a chance to escape.

12. Scope

Scope Versed in the lewd.

13. Pipeman

Pipeman Well worn.

[X] Activate decay, struggle to get free and land your hands onto your attacker.

14. thisisinsane

thisisinsane Not too sore, are you?

15. Robotninja

Robotninja Connoisseur.

We are already close to passing out, and we are just a kid. Faking passing out is the same thing as actually passing out.

16. useless101

useless101 Doing Nothing, Nothing Doing.

[X] Decay

Unless our attacker is wearing mail, we should be able to get at the hand he wrapped around our head. If he's wearing gloves, we can at least push back the sleeve to get at his wrist.

By the way, have we been drugged or hit with magic? It normally takes at least fifteen seconds of oxygen deprivation to even begin to feel the effects.

Or is the line about our vision going hazy just flavor text?

17. lostmagic564

lostmagic564 Your first time is always over so quickly, isn't it?

[X] Activate decay, struggle to get free and land your hands onto your attacker... ok i have been thinking even if whoever is holding us lets go we will still be unable to think we are light head but if we turn our power on our self's after we startled who ever if holding us would that help any?

we cant fake it we are likely to actually pass out.
    if we make a bird and sent it to your mom what are you going to say help im being kidnapped we are not well liked by the staff and the nobles see us as a pawn by the time it gets there we would of already passed out and helpless and moved into a hiding place.

is the safely on in this quest? i mean i know we can die but are we being kidnapped/ killed or sexually molested and if we do get our hands on whoever is holding us are we hurting/killing or going for sight out cruel mutilation? we are being stunned by non-magical means those that mean its a child noble or a staff commoner?

18. Cytokinesis

Cytokinesis Getting out there.

[X] Activate decay, struggle to get free and land your hands onto your attacker.

19. Biigoh

Smart. But theres a small problem. What if we don't want this person harmed?

20. Pipeman

Pipeman Well worn.

Then they shouldn't have tried to suffocate us?

21. Biigoh

Mind control is a thing....

22. Pipeman

Pipeman Well worn.

If our mother (the only person we really have contact with) is being mind controlled, we're all kinds of fucked anyways.
    If it's anyone else, they can just die and see, if we give a shit.

23. useless101

useless101 Doing Nothing, Nothing Doing.

Our decay effect did manage to kill a cat, but it struggled a bit before we finished it off. I'm not certain we've reached instantly lethal to humans levels on our decay since then, and we do have the ability to heal anything short of that if the technique works the way I think it does.

I'm more worried we can't pump out enough decay to stop them from overpowering us actually. Perhaps this is naive of me.

24. Robotninja

Robotninja Connoisseur.

They are going to be surprised at the sucker punch regardless.

25. Selias

Selias Well worn.

26. Jiven

Jiven Most Excellent Lurker

[X] Make a bird, send it to the castle with orders to find your mother.

27. Inara Seraph

BGM Set

You're being kidnapped. You count yourself lucky you have a chance to react at all. Surely a more competent assailant would've been able to incapacitate you before you could do anything. You fully activate your decay through your fingertips. A purplish glow emanates from your hands, and you grab onto their hands cupped over your face. Cuts, scrapes, and bruises appear all along your attacker’s arms; they jerk backward in surprise and pain, and you take the opportunity to follow up on your chance. Adrenaline courses through your veins, and there is a pounding in your ears as you fight for your life.

Turning around, you spot your attacker still reeling from your surprise attack. You can see his face- it’s one of the boys from earlier. He’s reaching for his wand, abandoning all pretense at taking you quietly. You react instinctively, jumping straight at him, trying to lay your hands on any part you can reach- his face, his arms, his legs. He can’t fight back effectively through the pain your wounds are causing him, but none of the injuries you’re inflicting are serious enough to incapacitate him.

He finally manages to push you off with a vicious kick to your stomach, winding you and causing you to double-up on the ground. You cringe, waiting for another attack, but it doesn’t come. You get up shakily and spot him kneeling on the ground, moaning in pain and clutching his face, blood seeping through his fingers. He spots you approaching slowly and stumbles backward onto the ground, inching away from you.

“What the hell..! Get away from me..!”

He points a shaking hand at you with his wand gripped tightly, squinting at you through puffy eyes. “F-fireball!” You don’t have to do anything. It misses about five yards to your left. He can’t see properly. He throws a few more fireballs blindly in your direction, but you keep on steadily advancing. When you see your chance, you dash in after another fireball and lay a faintly glowing hand over his chest.

Skill improved: Healing and Decay E

He twitches violently and flops over onto his side where he remains, unmoving. The pounding in your ears dies down, and you feel like you can breathe again. The immediate crisis has been solved, albeit rather messily. You raise his shirt to get a look at the final injury you dealt. You can see a nasty gash in his torso that is bleeding heavily. It seems likely he will die if you don't do anything.

[ ] Heal him enough so that he won't die, then run back to the castle.
    [ ] Run back to the castle as quickly as possible.
    [ ] Something else. (Write-in.)

Ayashi likes this.
  28. Jiven

Jiven Most Excellent Lurker

*sigh*

[X] Run back to the castle as quickly as possible.

29. Robotninja

Robotninja Connoisseur.

[X]Run back to the castle.

30. Vindictus

Vindictus Experienced.

[X] Heal him so he won't die, then drag him somewhere... Private. You have questions.
    -->[X] Bind him securely to a chair, so he can't escape. If he refuses to answer, use your skill at Decay to make him speak.
    -->[X] Once you finish, attempt to Decay him until he is unrecognisable.