1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

A Second Chance (Reincarnation/Crossover)

Discussion in 'Questing' started by Inara Seraph, Mar 26, 2013.

1. Selias

Selias Well worn.

[X] Stay put, burn the letter.

2. Solaris

Solaris Gone for Good

Nooo, Mom!

3. Terribly Fluffy

Terribly Fluffy Lewdly Lurking

4. hunter09

hunter09 Versed in the lewd.

5. Olive

Olive Getting sticky.

6. Emral282

Emral282 Touch Fluffy Tail

7. cyberswordsmen

cyberswordsmen I trust you know where the happy button is?

The people our mother is after are probably Sheffield's group, and Charlotte should realize that. Sheffield clearly works for the King so that means they are the absolute last people to tell about it.

8. Biigoh

Biigoh Primordial Tanuki Moderator

Of course, it is possible that it's NOT the King or Sheffield who are after Charlotte and her mother. Rather, it's possible that it's overzealous nobles out for power or some such.

Note that Sheffield ACCEPTED the commission from an unspecified noble.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
  9. minuseven

minuseven low effort life

10. Redon

Redon the baka nerbie

11. Pipeman

Pipeman Well worn.

12. Inara Seraph

Inara Seraph Know what you're doing yet?

BGM Set

There's nothing you can do now. The letter's been here for a while. Tempting as it might be to seek your mother out, you feel you would be erasing all of her efforts to secure your position here. There's no guarantee you'd even catch up with her. You have to swallow your anger and sadness for now. You compartmentalize it somewhere it can't touch you so you can deal with the fallout without breaking down.

You definitely agree with your mother on the liability this letter poses. You get rid of it posthaste, incinerating it in the nearest fireplace. Neither going to Sheffield nor the King are attractive options at this point. You just don't know enough about the situation as a whole or what they even think of it. Chances are you'll have an audience with your uncle at some point anyway.

A noble comes to your door while you're thinking on what to do. He tries to look kind and inviting, but he isn't doing a very good job. "Have you seen your mother today, Charlotte?"

You shake your head negatively. "No, I haven't seen her.. where is she?" You look up into his eyes with innocent curiosity. This kind of lying is the easiest kind for you. It's so odd- your eyes carry none of their customary brightness, but he can't tell at all.

The noble chuckles unpleasantly. "Oh, I'm sorry. I don't know either. It's why I asked, you know?"

He turns and leaves without a second glance, having achieved his objective. What an asshole. He didn't tell you anything. You bury your frustration and return to thinking on what to do from here.

You are getting older now. Irisviel never really had a childhood, having been a manufactured entity in the first place. Her initial time with Kiritsugu was full of discovery and wonder, but it wasn't the same thing. She still had all the faculties and wisdom of an adult. You've relished living without responsibilities and duties- taking pleasure and delight in whatever you could. You feel like you were mostly channeling Irisviel through that- the part of you that has nothing to do with Irisviel is a more serious person, you think.

You can sense that time has ended. Now that you've lived through your own childhood, you can put that to rest for both of you. You have things to do. A spark of determination ignites behind your eyes.

You receive the news the next day. The issue is brought up at a special court session. The facts come to light- a noble house was invaded and every person to a man slaughtered in their sleep. The lone witness that survived was a commoner peasant. He described the she-devil as a rather demonic portrayal of your mother. By itself, it's hardly evidence- the mage investigators have more to offer.

The victims all had their blood implode from the inside out. The vessels were pressurized to such an extent that the person hemorrhaged to death. All in all, it's a rather horrifying way to die. Everyone present understands that only someone with mastery over water and air- someone Line class at least, maybe Triangle- could have done this. Your mother just so happens to be a mage under that category. Not only that, her whereabouts that night are still unconfirmed by anyone, and no one has seen her since. Put together, it's enough for her to be condemned as guilty.

The general consensus amongst the nobles appears to be that she went mad with grief from the death of her husband. Really, it's a wonder it took her this long to snap, they say as they look meaningfully at you. You grind your teeth and keep your head down. The emotions are still raw. You'd just end up shouting at them if you said anything.

As for her sentence- it's execution. The King doesn't hesitate in handing down his judgement. She doesn't even need to be present for them to declare this verdict. They don't believe there's anything she could possibly say in her defense to overturn it. You're just glad they haven't found her. There will probably be a reward posted for information leading to her capture, but Gallia's reach doesn't extend too far beyond its borders. If she makes it out of the country, she should be fine. She will be fine, you think. There's no other option.

--

Staring at the ceiling in your room, you receive a summons from your uncle to head to the throne room immediately. After glancing quickly at the message again, you make yourself as presentable as possible- it couldn't hurt to look nice. You then exit your room and head over, trepidation filling your steps.

After an uninterrupted walk, you're standing before your uncle in the throne room. It is empty but for you, Sheffield, and him. You're grateful. You don't want this to be a spectacle. "Hmm." He scratches his chin thoughtfully, eyeing you.

"I'm left with what to do with you. Your guardianship passes to me as your closest remaining relative." You didn't know that, but it makes sense. It comes with a rather unfortunate implication that he sees you pick up on.

"And make no mistake, I am your closest remaining relative. You are officially an orphan- your mother is dead to this country."

He looks to see if you have anything to say, but you simply bow your head. Nothing you can say right now would do you any good. "Though you may fully inherit your title as Princess at the age of majority in less than three years, at the moment you are nothing but a liability." he says harshly.

"There are others that can fill your position. You are not unique in this regard." he continues. His eyes bore into yours.

"What use are you to the crown? Why should I take on your burdens?"

[ ] "I can prove my worth as a powerful mage."
    [ ] "I will be a worthy successor to the throne."
    [ ] Something else. (Write-in.)

I would actually prefer a write-in here. I just couldn't think of anything good. Seriously, the given options suck. Whatever happens here, this will have a serious impact on what you'll be doing for the next few years and the direction this story will go.

I went and added <BGM Set> to every update. At least, I'm in the process of doing so. 100% optional, I just like having BGM playing to ..everything. I wish I could have my own personal BGM following me around in life.

Ayashi and Student of Zelretch like this.
  13. Solaris

Solaris Gone for Good

Hmm, we could go canon route and aim to become a Chevalier. I'm not sure about trying to become heir though.

14. Biigoh

So very tempted to ask what happens if he should die. :3

15. Jiven

Jiven Most Excellent Lurker

Mmmmmh... a difficult answer to a difficult question. I have no idea what to do.

16. Inara Seraph

Your character already knows this, though I haven't said it in the narrative. The eleven most powerful nobles would rule as a council until you turned 14, at which point you would be crowned queen. By most powerful I mean owning the most land/the wealthiest.

Of course, that's all how it works according to the law- once those nobles have that power they will try their hardest to keep it, and influence/manipulate the hell out of you. Or try to. This only matters if Joseph actually dies somehow though. Remember, that dude is super hard to kill.

17. Solaris

Solaris Gone for Good

He's also ruthless and intelligent as all hell. After reading the wiki, dude's pretty intimidating.

18. ryune

ryune Experienced.

I wonder how long it would take to get alchemy to the point that we could materialize an enchanted sniper rifle with a dude made of wires perfectly capable of sniping Joseph. Because everything would eventually be turned to dust and the entire process is a method that they don't actually know is possible I wonder how they would take it.

19. Inara Seraph

You don't have more than a layman's understanding of how guns work. That is- point gun at target, pull trigger, bullet fires. You haven't the slightest clue how to recreate one, especially one with a bizarre wire-chamber. There are guns that exist in Halkegenia that you could study, but it would be pretty hard to find one.

That said, I find questers can be really devilishly creative when trying to think of ways to kill someone with the resources at their disposal. I wouldn't be surprised if you managed to assassinate him at some point, if that's your thing.

20. minuseven

minuseven low effort life

Going chevalier is my preferred path ('cause i can't roleplay politics, damn), and I feel it would give us more freedom of movement/action, and well as more immediate impact over the ZnT metaplot.

But I don't know how to frame this... Ugh.

21. ryune

ryune Experienced.

Ah, I meant a wire dude using a rifle made the same way we make those lumps of bronze. It doesn't really need to be the height of technology or anything. She was married to Kiritsugu so she should at least know about a rifled barrel (not what rifling is per say but that there is a spiral groove inside the barrel for whatever reason)and the shape of a rifle round. Everything else she can take care of with alchemy to make gunpowder or reinforcement and a single spark made by magic. Sure it would take quite a while and a lot of hard work but it is entirely possible I would think.

22. Inara Seraph

Option A would lead to something resembling this, if you can't think of a way you'd like to phrase it.

23. Biigoh

Actually, there IS a way for us to kill him right now while we're close to him.

Decay!

24. Selias

Selias Well worn.

Is there any real reason not to kill him other than Sheffield probably killing us right after? Could we actually manage to kill him?

25. Inara Seraph

It's not forbidden by the invisible plot gods, no. Decay might do the job if you can get close enough, though Sheffield would have something to say about that.

As far as a reason not to kill him goes, well.. knowing what you do from the show, you can say yeah sure off with his head, but as far as IC knowledge goes Charlotte doesn't have all that much reason to kill him, other than not really liking him as a leader.

26. Biigoh

[X] "There... there is nothing I can say that could or would change your mind. Not truly. I have tried to work out why you do things, but it's beyond me, and so, nothing I say could or would change your mind. Deliberately." You sigh. "But perhaps... I could show you what I can do. The rest... the rest would be up to you to decide if I truly am useless or not unique in my own way."
    - - [X] Wait for your uncle before demonstrating things that should be IMPOSSIBLE using Halkeganian Brimiric Magic; Decay and Healing.
    - - - - [X] If your uncle pretends it isn't impressive. Step up to the Next Level with REINFORCEMENT.

27. ryune

ryune Experienced.

Um... Bii? do you really want to show the guy who we will likely want to kill later that we have OCP skills?

28. Inara Seraph

Sheffield has likely told him everything she knows about you by this point.

29. Biigoh

Indeed.

30. Undead frog

Undead frog Getting sticky.

[X] "I can prove my worth as a powerful mage."
    Going closer to canon actually seems to be the best option this time around especially since I don't want to have him think up something on his own, or be anywhere near his turf like the current write in or political choice risks.