1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

A Second Chance (Reincarnation/Crossover)

Discussion in 'Questing' started by Inara Seraph, Mar 26, 2013.

1. Biigoh

Biigoh Primordial Tanuki Moderator

Here's the thing. HOW would you prove your worth? By BRIMIC standards, you have YET to manifest your magic and will NOT do so for years.

Look at my vote and see what it does. It explains that she can't work out the way that Joey thinks, BUT she has magic and will prove it. It is NOT the standard magics that Brimic Magic Users use. And Joey WOULD catch on.

2. Inara Seraph

Inara Seraph Know what you're doing yet?

I don't know what the ZnT canon on this is, but in this world, almost nobody your age can use magic yet. He doesn't expect you to be capable of much at this point. He's more asking about your future. If this started following canon he'd be like 'alright, you've got six months to become a combat capable mage. Go.'

3. Happerry

Happerry The Song to the Flame

[X] Bii

4. Biigoh

[​IMG]

Also, voting for I'll be a successor is asking for this MtG card to kick in. Your uncle isn't stupid.

5. Solaris

Solaris Gone for Good

Yea, I don't really like the thought of showing off our trump cards to this guy this soon. And the GM did say that he didn't expect anything of us Now, but what can we do in the future. So we should really think of what we want to do that can be useful and try and pitch it that way.

6. minuseven

minuseven low effort life

For the lack of a better write-in
    [X] "I can prove my worth as a powerful mage."

7. Jiven

Jiven Most Excellent Lurker

Temporary vote:
    [X] Bii

I think we are in trouble.
    Maybe we should put an emphasis on our intelligence and people skills ?

8. ryune

ryune Experienced.

Yeah, I really can't support Bii's write in. For lack of something better than it I'll go with:

9. Emral282

Emral282 Touch Fluffy Tail

10. hunter09

hunter09 Versed in the lewd.

11. overmind

overmind Ruler of the Swarm

12. Biigoh

Note that Sheffield would have told Joesph that you can HEAL people. So he KNOWS you can do something.

13. Inara Seraph

Locking votes in an hour. Here's a tally, holler if I messed up.

14. Biigoh

Why people, why won't you guys vote for showing off stuff. For once, to show off skills.... this isn't SB. There's no need to be super paranoid when they already know that something... strange is going on.

15. mc2rpg

mc2rpg Versed in the lewd.

[X] Plan Bii

16. Pipeman

Pipeman Well worn.

[X] Plan Bii

17. Solaris

Solaris Gone for Good

18. mc2rpg

mc2rpg Versed in the lewd.

When the GM tells us that the two offered choices are bad ones, why would you vote for one of them? At least Biigoh's is an attempt to get a decent response.

19. overmind

overmind Ruler of the Swarm

He didn't say that they were bad ones, he said that he prefered a write-in, there is a difference. Plus showing any of our abilities to Joseph is not a good idea, yes he could already know about them, but maybe he doesn't and in that case we should have an ace up our sleeve.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
  20. Inara Seraph

Locked, writing nao--

21. Robotninja

Robotninja Connoisseur.

Giving Joseph info is just asking for a bad thing to happen. Sheff has no idea what we can do is unusual. She didn't report it.

I just hope we summon Seibah somehow. That will be fun. If broken as hell, as she makes Gandalfr cry and stomps even Elves.

22. Biigoh

Well... it's not like he might ASK for a demonstration, "Miss will be powerful mage", right?

You HOPE she didn't report it.

23. Solaris

Solaris Gone for Good

It's true that she Did probably tell Joseph about the healing thing, no reason to just show boat everything though. We barely showed our mom who's been in our corner since the beginning, and we're nowhere near as close to this sketchy guy.

24. Biigoh

There's a difference. Our life and its quality there of is in the palm of his hand.

He is effectively asking why should he keep you alive? What is it that you would use to sell your use to him.

Demonstrating your powers is a good way to say I can be useful to you.

Also, something that might be of consideration. What is or was Irisviel in the 4th grail war again?

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
  25. Olive

Olive Getting sticky.

-Einzbern homonculus, Grail vessel, wife of Kiritsugu, mother of Illya.

I'm not sure I understand what you're getting at here.

26. Biigoh

A better description would be the grail given human form.

27. Selias

Selias Well worn.

What does that have to do with anything? Are you planning on telling him that if we get filled up with dead people we can grant wishes?

28. Biigoh

*points at Sheffield* Bitch be Mind of God, yo.

29. Selias

Selias Well worn.

Maybe you could be a bit more clear?

30. Inara Seraph

BGM Set (Yes, more Rewrite. I fucking love Rewrite.)

Joseph looks unimpressed, raising an eyebrow and leaning forward. His presence looms over yours simply by sheer size and the positioning of the throne above the rest of the court. "Is that so? What makes you so confident?"

Your mind races to come up with an answer. "My line is descended directly from Brimir. I have studied many introductory tomes on willpower and magic. I have been told I'm intelligent and pick up things quickly. I am confident I can become a powerful mage in time." you say.

Joseph shakes his head, disappointed. "That wasn't the answer I was looking for." He gestures to the side where Sheffield watches silently. She looks from him to you, and shrugs. You eye her nervously as she approaches you. She pulls the same trick with the materializing sword as she strides over to you, gripping it and slashing downward as it forms. Caught in your kneeling position and unable to react, her cut opens a deep gash vertically down your chest.

"Ahhh-!!" you scream. You stare at the blood spurting out. Did she really just do that? The intense pain flooding your nerves is telling you yes, that just happened. You're going to die if you don't do anything. You force the pain away so you can concentrate on saving your own life. Hovering your hands over the injury, the wound reverses cleanly, and you collapse to the floor in exhaustion. You can hear Joseph's voice from somewhere above you as you're laid out, panting heavily.

"Good enough. I've decided: you shall remain here. I will arrange for a teacher to instruct you." he says. There is a pause as he collects his thoughts, the silence in the hall filled only with your own labored breaths.

"There is one last lingering judgement. Six months from now, you will undertake a mission from the crown to test your skills. Prepare well or die. With your own .. unique, abilities, it should be simple."

You gather yourself enough to stand again to look at him and Sheffield. He's still wearing the same unimpressed visage he's been wearing the entire time, whereas Sheffield simply looks thoughtful.

"You're dismissed." Joseph says with finality.

You curtsy out of formality more than any attempt at politeness, and leave the room at a steady pace. You don't want to appear weak. You collapse back into your bed to think on the direction your life is taking.

Your uncle doesn't like you. That's obvious. You weren't sure before, but the past few days have made that blindingly clear. As for why- you don't know. Maybe you remind him of his brother or something. It makes you wonder how much or how little he has to do with the troubles that have befallen you in your life. Then again, he might've been content to sit back and let others do the work for him. He probably has better things to do than make your life miserable.

Becoming a powerful mage.. it's something you'd always intended on doing anyway. Although, you could do without the judgement awaiting you at your twelfth birthday. It would be nice to know just what kind of mission he expects you to complete, so you can prepare. You won't bank on this teacher he's assigning being all that useful, but you could still be pleasantly surprised. Further along this path probably leads to further service to the crown. It'll look good on your record, you guess, and it's valuable combat experience. If only it wasn't so perilous. You don't want to die again just yet.

You meet the teacher Joseph arranged for you the very next day. You've no idea how he managed that so quickly. The crown does get what it wants, you suppose..

You think you vaguely recognize this person. You've seen him before somewhere, but it must have been a long time ago for the memory to have faded this much already. He's a pale man of average height, wearing a feathered wide-brim hat on top of long blonde locks. He smiles pleasantly at you.

"It is an honor to teach the future Queen, my lady." He says it with absolute certainty, kissing your hand politely and bowing in deference. You're a little embarrassed. The gesture seems so genuine, it's hard not to be. "My name is Belden."

You curtsy back politely, introducing yourself in turn. "My name is Charlotte, pleased to meet you."

You decide between you to hold your sessions in the library. Once you're both sitting down, he speaks up. "Why don't we start by assessing what you know already?" he asks.

You nod in agreement and start running through all the things you've read regarding Halkegenian magic. He doesn't try to teach anything or correct any information that might be incorrect, merely evaluating. After you finish, he nods once. "You retain information well. I think it will be an easy job for me to teach you. That's all I wanted to do today."

He extends a hand to help you to your feet and you both leave the library. While you turn to head back to your room, he moves in an opposite direction. He turns back and addresses you one last time. "If you want to show me your.. other skills, I would be most humbled, my lady." he says as a parting shot. It leaves you unsure of just what Joseph told him, and what he knows about you.

You've got time to kill. What aspect of your skills do you think needs improvement? (Choose two. This will fast forward three months. The next update will have almost identical choices to this one, and will also cover three months.)

[ ] Expand the Wire Menagerie.
    - [ ] How? (Write-in.)
    [ ] Experiment with forging materials.
    [ ] Research at the library.
    - [ ] About? (Write-in.)
    [ ] Search for the spark of willpower.
    [ ] Practice your body arts.
    [ ] Something else. (Write-in.)

What else do you want to do? (Social.)

[ ] Meet with your tutor for extra lessons, show him your prana manipulation.
    [ ] Play with your cats, invite the maid.
    [ ] Observe magical spars in the practice yard.
    [ ] Track down Sheffield for a conversation.
    - [ ] So, what's this mission going to be like?
    - [ ] Something else. (Write-in.)

Bonus points for guessing who your tutor is.. I hope I don't get flayed for this.

Ayashi likes this.