1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

A request from your friendly local quest runner(s)

Discussion in 'General' started by enthalpy, Mar 26, 2013.

1. enthalpy

enthalpy 大幻梦森罗万象狂气断罪眼!

I think it would be helpful to lay down some ground rules with regards to voting on quests. And while these rules are by no means comprehensive, I think they should be enough to serve adequately in most circumstances.

Please keep in mind that this is intended as more of a sort of guideline than anything concrete - having votes be properly formatted is very helpful when it comes to actually counting the votes.

In general, votes should be formatted as follows, without any whitespace before the vote, and with at least one line separating the vote itself from any text before or after:

[X] This is the option that I'm voting for.

Note that using a lowercase 'x' in the square brackets makes a bullet point for whatever reason.

In cases when there are subchoices of a choice, do something like this:

[X] This is the option that I'm voting for.
    --- [X] ALL OF THE CURVY LASERS ON FIRE FOREVER.

So please, try to stick to these guidelines whenever possible, as it makes it much, much easier for your GMs to tally votes.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
    Ddmkm122 likes this.
  2. Biigoh

Biigoh Primordial Tanuki Moderator

Here here...

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  3. tehelgee

tehelgee The stern gaze of justice. Administrator

I'm not sure the purpose of the sub-choices, myself.

Shouldn't you be making one choice, instead of a lot of sequential choices?

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  4. It looks nicer on the formatting then writing out one massive paragraph, and if people agree with part of one vote, but not the whole thing, they can divide it up easily, and it helps with counting these divisions.

Well, if this gets enough upvotes, might be worth a sticky.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  5. enthalpy

enthalpy 大幻梦森罗万象狂气断罪眼!

For me, at least, it's often a case of implementation - yes, you might want to break into the castle, but is there anything specific you'd like to do before them? Or maybe you'd like to try to swim the moat, or try to break down the main gate. Any of those additional details would be things that would best be voted for as a sub-choice. Otherwise, there's a significant possibility that any such specifics will get lost in all the clutter.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  6. Redon

Redon the baka nerbie

I tend to forget about the bullet point thing, then go back and edit it when I notice.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  7. Lemonbarb

Lemonbarb Very sour Grinch

Reading this, I can't insist on how much I support this. I only count this format

[X] these magnified crosses are valid votes.

[x] however, I will not count these bullet points.

Simple as that.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  8. Master of Squirrel-fu

Master of Squirrel-fu The Original

When I insert an extra [X] option onto another it means that the later one is optional

[X] This is what you choose and takes priority.
    [X] This is optional and can be dumped if needed.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  9. Lemonbarb

Lemonbarb Very sour Grinch

Personally, I'd count the sub Crosses as Sub Options related to the main option.

Basically...

[X] A
    -[X] A, a or A, b

Or

[X] A
    [X] A, a or A, b

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  10. Master of Squirrel-fu

Master of Squirrel-fu The Original

I didn't mean I'd ignore it. Usually anyway, mostly for Write ins. What I meant was if you don't like the sub-option than you can just post the parent option alone.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  11. Biigoh

Biigoh Primordial Tanuki Moderator

I know it sounds selfish and such... but Quests need more than Writers, they also need Voters. Votes are one of the things that keep Quests going.

They are as the saying goes the lifeblood that sustains writers and quests.

So, don't just lurk and read quests.... vote or comment. It doesn't matter if your vote wins or not, it tells the writer that people are interested in the quest, that it's being read.

It is discouraging when quests get updated or such and there are little to no votes and/or comments.

Ddmkm122 likes this.