1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

[BtVS] Harmony Quest

Discussion in 'Questing' started by Biigoh, Apr 15, 2013.

1. Happerry

Happerry The Song to the Flame

[X] Introduce yourself! Well... this one is a given, but how?
    - - [X] Make some last minute adjustments to your ZAP gun to get an area attack and take out the monsters in one shot?

2. mc2rpg

mc2rpg Versed in the lewd.

- - [X] Posed on top of a vehicle with an introduction before opening fire on the monsters?

3. Redon

Redon the baka nerbie

- - [X] Posed on top of a vehicle with an introduction before opening fire on the monsters?

4. nick012000

nick012000 Gone for Good

Please tell me that Soldier-Xander has swords. Because Deadpool is awesome. ;)

5. Vindictus

Vindictus Experienced.

Sadly, it has been confirmed over IRC that it is not Xander Willson.

A terrible pity indeed.

6. Larekko12

Larekko12 Connoisseur.

[X]Introduce yourself with a volley of stunnig shots.

7. hunter09

hunter09 Versed in the lewd.

- - [X] With a volley of stunning shots at the advancing monsters and then introduce yourself?

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
  8. Yog

Yog Know what you're doing yet?

[X] Good man! A fighting retreat, then! Do aim for their legs, they may well be under some manner of transmogrification effect. Ms. Willow, keep an eye out for a defensible position, please - if nothing else, they are very small, perhaps they cannot jump well! We must make our way to the source of the effect, still, but a Lady Adventurer cannot simply leave a doughty man-at-arms and his... ahem... lightly dressed lady in danger!

9. spidermounky92k

spidermounky92k Know what you're doing yet?

[X] Good man! A fighting retreat, then! Do aim for their legs, they may well be under some manner of transmogrification effect. Ms. Willow, keep an eye out for a defensible position, please - if nothing else, they are very small, perhaps they cannot jump well! We must make our way to the source of the effect, still, but a Lady Adventurer cannot simply leave a doughty man-at-arms and his... ahem... lightly dressed lady in danger!

10. Biigoh

Biigoh Primordial Tanuki Moderator

Updated tally - http://questionablequesting.com/index.php?topic=194.msg19364#msg19364

11. Threadmarks: 7 - Soldier of UNIT
    Biigoh

Damsel in distress... for a given value of damsel. Young lady? No... no lady would dress like that. Perhaps, young woman? No, she wasn't that young either.

Let's go with the basic female in distress. Yes, that worked.

A stout and valiant man at arms defending her against unspeakable odds and monsters.

You're starting to like this equation.

A quick look about reveals high ground. Perfect.

Zig Zagging~, you make your on to the vehicle to stand on the top and thus have a perfect view of the on-coming monstrosities. The breeze that rustled your hair gave you that slight dashing heroic look.

You gesture at the monsters before calling out. "Hold. You vile and pernicious little constructs! For,
    [​IMG]
    has arrived. And those who you would harm are under my protection!"

At your introduction, the little monsters paused as did the soldier and that rather... depraved woman dressed in such a scandalous outfit. Their attention on you brought a smile to your lips, a slight curve and flash of pearly whites.

Naturally, you take full advantage of the distraction and shot at the befuddled creatures that might or might not have been human once.

The rotary engine of your Zenith Aetheric Pulse Pistol revved up to its top speed, the hmmming from the spinning vitae chambers and their brilliant verdigris glow spoke of your weapon preparing for a rather staggering amount of discharges while the scent of ozone filled the air from the electricity arcing from the aetheric ionizers over the vitae chambers.

That was when you pressed down on the trigger and swept your weapon in an arc over the on-coming horde and then back once more. Back and forth your weapon swept, scything down the little horrors.

The miniscule and rather soft cracks of thunder from your ZAP pistol filled the air in a constant crackling, sounding almost like a type-writer machine clacking away at an impressive speed.

When the last fell, that was when you released the trigger.

The slight blowing on the muzzle before you slipped said weapon into its holster seemed to make quite an impression on the soldier and his companion. Certainly, his salute at you was sharp and very respectful.

"Ma'am, that was some rather impressive shooting. And that's a nice weapon you have there," The smile and nod was vaguely irritating and familiar.

"Alexander Harris Carter?" The voice of the alien cut in.

"Ah, I apologize, but my name isn't Carter. Corporal Alexander Harris of UNIT at your service," Another sharp salute.

Wait... Alexander Harris? Wasn't he that rather droll and banal terrorist from NuWC? A villain from the continent with that rather ridiculous amount of bounty on his head?

Still, you shake your head. It had to be a coincidence, after all, this Alexander still had both natural eyes and wasn't scarred from countless revivifications?

"Good show yourself too, lad. That was some exemplary shooting yourself," You nodded back at him. "Small targets and aiming for their extremities can make for a challenging shot, that you didn't waste too much of your ammunition speaks well of your crack shot."

"The princess," you gesture at your companion who smiled and nodded at the Corporal. "and I were searching for the source of whatever has displaced us on to here as well as the transmogrification effect that has affected them."

As you said them, you nodded at the affected monsters, who might have been innocent children. "We could do with a doughty man-at-arms with a steady arm and a crack shot. Admittedly, I must say I have some apprehensions with regards to your... lightly dressed... female companion."

"W... what's wrong with you, Harmony?" said lightly dressed female spoke up, clearly in distress at her garments being brought into question. "You're acting like your costume is... is real, and the way you're speaking. And Willow, why are you... not wearing any clothes. I know that you were a freak show, but still. I can buy that dweb Xander acting like this, but... but... argh!"

"I beg your pardon, miss," You frowned at her as did the others with you. "Are you implying that you know us prior to this night? That this is not some random convergence in realities by some Mad Boy experiment?"

"Mad boy?" Raised eyebrows were now directed at you.

"But of course, it is a well known fact that strong sparks, otherwise known as Mad Boys," You capitalized the important words in what you said. "can cause reality to bend and flux with their experiments, such as was witnessed towards the end of the Pax Wulfenbach and the fall of the Baron."

"God, this is just getting stupid," the rather scantily clad female sighed and rubbed her forehead. "Look if what holds true for Xander holds true for you two. You likely won't remember me. I'm Cordelia Chase."

You blinked. You had heard of the Chase, a minor nobility of not much note beyond their wealth from their mercantile pursuits. To see one of their scions fallen to such a depraved depths as to go around in such an outfit.

You sighed and shook your head. "Very well, miss Chase. I swear upon my word that I shall not reveal to any of this night and the... outfit you wore. But really... you should see about finding a more reputable line of work if you were disowned by your family."

She blinked at you.

"Oh god, can this night get any worse," She sighed into her hands. "Look, we really should get to the library, the old man... Giles should know what's going on."

- - -​
    Harmony Quest /// Soldier of UNIT
    - - -

What Do?
    [X] Accept Miss Chase's advice and head to the library.
    [X] Continue to zero in on the source of the transmogrification effect wave front.
    [X] Explore this city of... Sunnydale, at least that's what Miss Chase calls it.
    [X] Meanwhile, elsewhere...
    [X] Someone decided to do a write-in.

12. Vindictus

Vindictus Experienced.

[X] "Very well! Never let it be said that
    [​IMG]
    Would ignore the wisdom of any, regardless of their fortune or profession! Off to the Library we goooo!"

MagicEater likes this.
  13. Pipeman

Pipeman Well worn.

[X] Vindictus

14. minuseven

minuseven low effort life

[X] Vindictus

15. MacroDaemon

MacroDaemon Know what you're doing yet?

[X] Vindictus

16. hunter09

hunter09 Versed in the lewd.

[X] Vindictus

17. Redon

Redon the baka nerbie

[X] Vindictus

18. Happerry

Happerry The Song to the Flame

[X] Vindictus

19. spidermounky92k

spidermounky92k Know what you're doing yet?

[X] Vindictus

20. Guile

Guile Clothes That Kill Virgins

[X] Do not worry, Ms. Chase, I understand even minor nobility must occasionally be reduced to embarrassing, sinful, depraved, naughty things in order to remain solvent.
    [X] Now, consulting your sage might be wise. But I know the transmogrification effect originated in that direction. Mr. Harris, I hope I can trust these delicate maidens into your care? For I must hunt! Avaunt!

21. Inara Seraph

Inara Seraph Know what you're doing yet?

[X] "You do that. I have things to investigate."
    -[X] Continue to zero in on the source of the transmogrification effect wave front.

22. Yog

Yog Know what you're doing yet?

[X]Miss Chase, you seem to be familiar with our environment. Would you know of any places of interest in this location *indicate the location from which you think the wave came from*
    --[X]You say that we are... not who we think we are, but acting "as our costumes"? This... Is alarming. Miss Willow indicated that the small monsters were, in fact, children, changed by a transmogrifiation effect (perhaps some sort of quantum dimensional transferance projector or an ID manifesting device?). This is possible, then, that we too, have been changed by our costumes. You, however, haven't been, yet you still wear a costume. Do you have any device on you that protects you from transmogrification effects? Maybe you are a construct and were, thus, unaffected? Have you ever been revived? If we could find a difference between you and us, we could, probably, come closer to discerning the reason between this calamity, so I, Harmony, The Gentlelady Adventurer, could solve this problem and punish the villain behind it!

[X] Continue to zero in on the source of the transmogrification effect wave front.
    ---[X]Get miss Chase to go with you - you could use a native guide and she'll be safer in your company.
    ----[X}Interrogate her on the way.

23. mkire

mkire Lee-ko is adorable

Hey, what would have happened if i hadn't spoken up about the gun still needing batteries?

24. Biigoh

Hope for lighting when charge dies...

25. Threadmarks: 8 - Enthusiastic Haiku Beneath Moon
    Biigoh

"Juiced up on Vitate,
    So very hungry tonight.
    The moon is quite full."

"I sup upon no beast,
    once a prince, always a prince.
    Always, a rich feast."​

Words carved upon a wall in Sunnydale​

Tammin, MagicEater, Kayriel and 8 others like this.
  26. Vindictus

Vindictus Experienced.

.. VtM Haikus?

Oh dear. I wonder who dressed up as a vamp?

27. Biigoh

Might I suggest looking at the index~

28. Biigoh

- Vindictus, Pipeman, minuseven, MacroDaemon, hunter09, Redon, Happerry, spidermounky92k, overmind
    [X] "Very well! Never let it be said that
    [​IMG]
    Would ignore the wisdom of any, regardless of their fortune or profession! Off to the Library we goooo!"

- Guile
    [X] Do not worry, Ms. Chase, I understand even minor nobility must occasionally be reduced to embarrassing, sinful, depraved, naughty things in order to remain solvent.
    [X] Now, consulting your sage might be wise. But I know the transmogrification effect originated in that direction. Mr. Harris, I hope I can trust these delicate maidens into your care? For I must hunt! Avaunt!

- Inara Seraph
    [X] "You do that. I have things to investigate."

- Yog, mc2rpg
    [X] Miss Chase, you seem to be familiar with our environment. Would you know of any places of interest in this location *indicate the location from which you think the wave came from*
    - - [X]You say that we are... not who we think we are, but acting "as our costumes"? This... Is alarming. Miss Willow indicated that the small monsters were, in fact, children, changed by a transmogrifiation effect (perhaps some sort of quantum dimensional transferance projector or an ID manifesting device?). This is possible, then, that we too, have been changed by our costumes. You, however, haven't been, yet you still wear a costume. Do you have any device on you that protects you from transmogrification effects? Maybe you are a construct and were, thus, unaffected? Have you ever been revived? If we could find a difference between you and us, we could, probably, come closer to discerning the reason between this calamity, so I, Harmony, The Gentlelady Adventurer, could solve this problem and punish the villain behind it!
    - - [X] Get miss Chase to go with you - you could use a native guide and she'll be safer in your company.
    - - - - [X} Interrogate her on the way.

29. mc2rpg

mc2rpg Versed in the lewd.

[X] Plan Yog

30. overmind

overmind Ruler of the Swarm

[X] Vindictus