1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

A Knight Does Not Die with Empty Hands [F/SN / Infinite Stratos / ???]

Discussion in 'Questing' started by EnderofWorlds, Jun 16, 2013.

1. EnderofWorlds

EnderofWorlds Versed in the lewd.

You fought. On and on you fought; wreathed in madness in penance and solace for your sins, you fought. Seeking retribution for your sins, you fought. Though blinded by insanity, your body could not forget the lessons forged upon it by the field of battle; the skills that labeled you the 'Perfect Knight'.

'Perfect Knight'; hah! How could you claim such a title, when it was you who brought your king's reign to ruin? When it was your infidelity that brought forth rebellion from the masses? What makes it worse was that your beloved king never punished you; not once did she ever blame you for your crimes, only taking on the burden herself. Always blaming herself for the sins you committed, for the sorrow you felt. It was this that drove you to madness; the inability to atone for your crimes, because your king would not punish you for them. How can one atone for their sins when their sins are not recognized?

The only solace was madness, so you dove into madness to escape the guilt; til the very end of your days.

Then, you were summoned; to fight in the Holy Grail War, against other heroes of lore. The prize; a single wish. A chance to receive atonement and proper retribution for what you've done. Still insane as penance, you fought to claim this prize.

Only to find that you didn't need it; for your king was called forth to battle as well. Now, you can fight her; and receive the proper judgement for your sins.

Your helm shattered, just as your sword came forth from it's sheath. Through the haze of rage, you can see your liege realize who you were. The moment she did, her will faltered; and you struck back.

Blow after blow came, and your king; weakened by both your blade and her will, could not hold you back. She begged you to stop, before her will shattered along with her conviction in her ideals. She dropped to her knees, unable to fight on in both body and mind; just as you were about to bring the final blow.

But it never came; the connection keeping you in this world broke, it's power having finally run it's course. You could not strike, and the radiant blade of your king has run you through. And like that, the haze of madness is lifted; so you may speak to your liege one final time, and tell her the true source of your madness.

You dissolving body upon her lap and bosom; you tell her of the source of your sorrow and madness, of how you sought recompense for the crime you had committed so that you may atone and find redemption. Of how now, in the end you could die as a loyal knight, in the king's arms.

And finally, before you faded away forevermore, you told her this:

You were the greatest amongst the kings. All who served you... believed thus."

And with that, did Lancelot du Lac; Servant Berserker of the Fourth Holy Grail War, die.

But the Grail had been tainted, and shattered by the light of Excalibur; an aberration and scenario not accounted for in the ritual. Because of this, the souls held within the Lesser Grail didn't return to the Throne of Heroes. Instead they were cast through the Root and sent through the wheel of reincarnation, to be reborn once again.

But again, things went wrong; for their souls were not purged of their history to be made anew, the souls of Heroic Spirits too potent, too powerful to be wiped clean. Nor did they go back to the world they were from, being cast further into the infinite refraction of the Kaleidoscope.

Instead these heroes would now be reborn once again; the memories of their past life lurking beneath the outer shell of their present one....

A child is born; male, Japanese, and with an aura of...greatness upon him. The infant couldn't make out the faces of his parents nor the doctor, and as he was held by his mother he heard his name for the first time:

"Ichika. Ichika Orimura."

And so, Ichika Orimura; once Lancelot du Lac, was born unto the world. With a second chance at life, and a second chance to be a hero once again...

Choose when to start:
    [X] First meeting Houki
    [X] Kidnapping incident
    [X] Right at IS Academy
    [X] Other: (Write-in)

Author's Notes: Decided to start up another quest; a reincarnation one this time. And if anyone thinks this is going to be your bog standard Reincarnation Quest; think again bitches.

Look at my Tandem the Spoony quest, and you'll see what I mean. ;)

Augustus475, Gregory Crey and Par Tzu like this.
  2. Hymn of Ragnarok

Hymn of Ragnarok Well worn.

Re: A Knight Does Not Die with Empty Hands [F/SN / Infinite Straton / ???]

Hmm....not quiiiiite compliant with how Nasuverse works (I have lost so many story ideas to finding out that they don't mesh with the universe satisfactory) but close enough and still workable. Also I am a goddamn sucker for tragic deaths and Lancelot is a goldmine. And awesome. So goddamn awesome.

Also, I don't know where I saw that line in your title before, but I love it all the same.

So, that gives us a solid five potential Heroic Spirits kicking up shit in this universe as reincarnations. Including Iskander. Fun times! I don't even know the universe, but I think I knew what to expect.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
    Par Tzu likes this.
  3. EnderofWorlds

I know it's an asspull; but there's no real way to pull it off without breaking Nasuverse mechanics. At least this way I have Argra Mainyu and FUBAR Grail to serve as a workable Deus ex Machina to prevent the worst of complaints.

Title's from Knight of Honor's title; like how Excalibur is written in Japanese with 'Sword of Promised Victory' under it (or over it; I forget which), Knight of Honor has that.

Also, the third crossover; if anyone guesses it right; I'll find a reward of some kind to give them. Because I know just about nobody's gonna get it.

Par Tzu likes this.
  4. Hymn of Ragnarok

Hymn of Ragnarok Well worn.

Fair enough.

Really? Huh. How'd I forget that....

Seeing as my anime knowledge is pathetic I doubt I'll get it but I'll keep a lookout for clues.

Par Tzu likes this.
  5. Biigoh

Biigoh Primordial Tanuki Moderator

[X] Right at IS Academy

6. Selias

Selias Well worn.

[X] Kidnapping incident

7. EnderofWorlds

Good question from SB:
    Starting later will have me decide just how far you've developed on the Reincarnation angle, along with how you deal with other events like meeting Houki, Rin, and the whole kidnapping thing.

Par Tzu likes this.
  8. Alexander

Alexander That is not dead which can eternal lie

[X] First meeting Houki

Ohh, boys, this is gonna be a fun ride :)) . Ender, I love you. In the platonic way.

So we have: Diarmuid, Iskander, Hassan and Gilles. The last two, even if they don't end up as villains, are guaranteed to give issues to their reincarnations. I don't envy them.

A third part of the crossover...I have the sinking suspicion is another series with mecha or something similar. Just saying.

What can I say Ender? Surprise us.

9. EnderofWorlds

I will say this much:
    - It isn't a anime/manga
    - It's not a mecha series

10. Biigoh

Game of thrones since everyone likes it or so it seems....

11. EnderofWorlds

Nope; never watched it.

12. EnderofWorlds

Votes so far (*=votes on SB):

[X] First meeting Houki: 10; Alexander, Liam-don, *EVA-Saiyajin, Sentoryu, Yun, fitzgerald, Wing101, MHLord, Meanwearpink, horus*
    [X] Kidnapping incident: 6; Selias, nick012000, *Mortifer, Silver W. King, theycallmetiny, hunter09*
    [X] Right at IS Academy: 2; Biigoh, *SirLagginton*

13. Liam-don

Liam-don Fondly Regard Creation.

[X] First meeting Houki

14. nick012000

nick012000 Gone for Good

[X] Kidnapping incident

I don't know the series, but what better time to discover that any weapon we hold turns into a magical superweapon than the first time we're exposed to true violence?

15. overmind

overmind Ruler of the Swarm

[X] First meeting Houki

16. R.A.G.

R.A.G. Well worn.

[X] Right at IS Academy

is this a cross with Merlin?

17. ShadowAngelBeta

ShadowAngelBeta Well worn.

[X] First meeting Houki

18. Pipeman

Pipeman Well worn.

Don't really know anything about the series aside from the basics, so I'll refrain for now.
    Still looking forward to a reincarnation quest that doesn't stick to the same format and forces us to go through childhood.

19. EnderofWorlds

Um...you might wanna read the votes; because people are voting for the earliest starting point, which is around 5 years old.

Granted; I'm not going to take the fucking glacial pace that other quest of this type will, but I have to do some childhood. Probably'll only take the week to get through if I update once a day.

20. Pipeman

Pipeman Well worn.

I meant that less in the 'start at 18 years old' sense and more in the sense that it doesn't seem like you'll take at least an entire update for every month of his life.

That said I did point out that I have next to nothing but tangential knowledge of the series and haven't had the time yet to find out more.

21. EnderofWorlds

[X] First meeting Houki

Today started just like any other day; you woke up, you ate what your sister made for breakfast (which always tastes bad), then you brushed your teeth and helped your sister around the house by doing whatever she asked you to. It's been what you've always done for as far as you can remember; just you and your sister together. Occasionally she'd leave for some reason, and instead Tabane-san would come over to watch over you while she was gone. And when Tabane was over, it was always fun; she always had crazy ideas and plans that would usually get you in trouble in the end, but were awesome nonetheless.

However, that changed when your sister told you, "Alright Ichika, we're heading over to the Shinonono's shrine; I need to help Tabane with something and you can play with her little sister. It's about time you made some friends."

Tabane-san has a sister? And you're actually going over there to meet her? This sounded totally awesome; you didn't leave the house all that often, unless it was going with your sister to help with the shopping or with some other errand. Now you got to go somewhere else and play with someone new? Even better; it's Tabane-san's sister, which means she has to be fun and cool.

It turns out that the shrine was in walking distance from where you lived; walking up the stairs, you can't help but admire how pretty the shrine was. It had a much more 'homey' feel to it than your own home. After entering the shrine and giving the proper introductions to Tabane's parents, who proceeded to gush over your adorable politeness, they pointed you and your sister to where Tabane was: out back in her makeshift workshop.

The moment you entered Tabane's lair; you were mesmerized: all the flashing lights, gleaming metals, and bubbling beakers were alluring, especially to a little kid like yourself. Walking through the maze of mechanical parts and unfinished creations, you finally reach the center where the maker of all of this resides. Dressed in a frilly blue and white dress under her lab coat, and wearing mechanical bunny ears on her head; Tabane-san was clearly working on something.

Your sister calls out to the mad genius, "Alright Tabane, I'm here; what do you need me to do this time? And where's your sister? I didn't brink Ichika here just to sit around bored out of his mind..."

"Chi-chan!~" hearing her friend, Tabane rushes over and glomps your sister, "You're here! Great; we can get to work immediately. All I need you to is test out some things so I can know if I calibrated everything correctly. As for my sister, she's-"

*Ribbit*

Before she could finish, Tabane was cut off by a...frog? *Ribbit* There it was again! Why was a frog here? It looked like your sister had the same thing on her mind because she asked Tabane, "What was that?"

*Ribbit* Before Tabane could say anything, the question was already answered by the frog. Or rather, the mechanical frog. Made completely out of metal and with several gears protruding out of it's back, it was clearly someone's attempt at copying the real thing. *Ribbit* It even had a rubber sack to act as it's throat, so it could mimic a real frog's ribbiting.

Again it hops, this time right into a wall; only for it to stick onto the wall with it's feet. Cool; it even moved like the real thing, if it were made of metal! Suddenly, it jumped off of the wall and in between your sister and Tabane-san and exploded; releasing what had to be several buckets full of green paint. You couldn't help but laugh at your sister covered from head to toe in lime green, though you were a little disappointed that the frog was gone now.

"Hahahahahahaha!" You then noticed that someone else was laughing too, "Gotcha, Nee-chan!~" You see a girl around your age, with long brown hair tied in a ponytail with a ribbon, holding a joystick with a single button on it.

Tabane just chuckles and says, "You sure did Houki-chan~ Too bad your froggy broke though."

In response, Houki simply pushes the button on top of the joystick. The moment she does, the scattered parts of the frog began to gather together and actually put themselves back together. In seconds, the frog was back to what it was before it exploded, and ribbits before hopping away.

Yup, you were right; Tabane's sister is awesome. You introduce yourself to her, "Hi, I'm Ichika and that was sooo cool! How did you make do that?"

The girl smiles and says, "I'm Houki, and it was easy; I just had to install a tiny electromagnet and make sure it didn't interfere with the mini AI. I have tons of other stuff too, wanna play with them?"

"Yeah!" More cool stuff? Of course you wanna play with it! The two of you rush out of the workshop to play with whatever other 'toys' Houki made.

Meanwhile your sister, not exactly pleased at being doused in paint, says to Tabane, "I guess the genius is genetic then, along with other things..."

"Yup, she's about as smart as I was at that age; maybe even smarter! Isn't that great?"

Chifuyu only grimaces and says under her breath, "That's one way to put it, and probably not the right one..."

It was official; Houki was your bestest-best friend in the whole wide world. The two of you spend hours just playing with all of the things she made: tiny robots that could fly, other robot animals that could do cool things like the frog, and even jetpacks. The best was when the two of you got on the jetpacks and got a ton of robots to fight each other in a huge battle; it was neat to see it all from the sky. The best part was that if anything broke; all Houki had to do was push the button and it'd fix itself. The only thing better than awesome toys were awesome toys that could fix themselves.

However, you couldn't play forever; as Houki's dad came and called out to her, "Houki! It's time for kendo practice!"

"Ok, I'm coming!" The two of you head back to the shrine, and Houki asks, "Do you wanna come watch?"

[X] No thanks
    [X] Sure
    [X] Actually, can I join? Sounds fun
    [X] Write-in

Author's notes: I'm gonna try to get the childhood/prologue parts done in 'spurts'; focusing on key events of said childhood and glossing over the rest of it, the 'day-to-day' parts. My goal is to get to IS Academy in a week, two tops.

Also, IS fans; care to speculate about the changes to canon here? :))

Gregory Crey and Par Tzu like this.
  22. nick012000

nick012000 Gone for Good

[X] Actually, can I join? It sounds fun.

Glowing magic supwerweapons, go!

23. Selias

Selias Well worn.

[X] Sure

Let's see if this jogs any memories.

24. Alexander

Alexander That is not dead which can eternal lie

[X] Actually, can I join? Sounds fun.

25. Biigoh

[X][X] Actually, can I join? Sounds fun

26. R.A.G.

R.A.G. Well worn.

[X] Actually, can I join? It sounds fun.

hoping for this:

Knight of Honor: A Knight Does Not Die with Empty Hands (騎士は徒手にて死せずナイト・オブ・オーナー, ?) is an ability that is the embodiment of the incident where Lancelot was forced to fight Phelot unarmed and proved his fighting prowess by claiming victory with an elm branch. Once Berserker grabs hold of anything that can be even remotely conceptualized as a weapon by his own recognition with his gauntlets and he recognizes that he wishes to wield it, it instantly gains the property of "becoming his Noble Phantasm.

27. Malcolmo

Malcolmo Insert custom title here

28. ShadowAngelBeta

ShadowAngelBeta Well worn.

Because even if we don't activate Knight of Honor, which I'm guessing we probably won't, getting some of skills back should be a priority. And considering just how ingrained Lancelot's skills were it shouldn't be all that hard.

Also, bets for Houki being a reincarnation?

Finally, GM do we actually remember our life as Lancelot or not?

29. Fellgar

Fellgar Connoisseur.

Time to hand the instructors ass to him or her~!

30. EnderofWorlds

[X] Actually, can I join? Sounds fun...

"Can I join you? It sounds like it'll be fun." Kendo was the sword fighting with wooden swords, right? You think you saw your sister do it once, and the thought of having a sword in your hand; albeit a wooden one, makes your fingers twitch.

"Sure, I'll ask tou-san," you follow Houki as she drags you to the dojo, where her father is waiting for her, "Tou-san~ Ichika wants to learn kendo to, can he? Pleeeeease?~"

Houki's father chuckles and tells the both of you, "Of course he can; I'm actually surprised that Chifuyu hasn't already started. Now, get dressed into your kendogi; Ichika, I'm sure I have one for you somewhere..."

Once the two of you were in uniform; Houki's father began to instruct you in the basics of Kendo, position of the feet, how to hold the bokken, and some basic swings. He also says to call him sensei while in the dojo. Going through all of this was...easy. Really easy. You could probably do this in your sleep, it was that easy. Simply having a sword in your hand, and swinging it felt...natural. Like you were always meant to have one, and use it too.

Houki seems to have gotten it down as well, but not as easily as you did. Seeing your progress, he tells the both of you, "Your both doing well. Now then, normally you would spar against one another, but since this is Ichika's first time you'll both spar against me," then he chuckles, "Don't worry; I'll hold back. Now then, which of you wants to go first?"

"Me!" It was on pure impulse, abandoning all tact or manners. Deep down, something stirred; wanting to do more than the simple practice and drills from earlier. Seeing how eager you are, sensei simply laughs and says, "Eager are we? Alright, get into your stance and we'll begin..."

The two of you face off, bokken out and in a starting stance. Immediately, you rush forward and let loose a diagonal slash!

Only for it to be blocked. You back off, and attack again; this time with a thrust!

And again, it's blocked by your sensei. Again you back away and prepare another attack...

Only this time, sensei goes for the offensive and fires a strike to the side. Immediately, you react on pure instinct; and counter the blow, leading you into a thrust into his stomach.

He blocks, but you lead into a upper slash at the neck. Again, he blocks the attack, but this time you don't back away; instead you use his bokken and flip over him. Once you land you launch an attack at his back, hoping to get a free hit on the unprotected area.

But sensei's simply too fast, and he blocks you again. This time though, he retaliates with a counter from the block; and you block and counter yourself. You don't know how you did it either, nor did you care. Right now, you were functioning solely on instinct; focusing on the thrill of the fight and victory.

The fight continued on like this; sensei using his superior strength, speed and reach against you, and you countering with your smaller body, instinct, and seemingly innate skill. And as the fight grew on longer, you mind grew dimmer and dimmer; you didn't need to think, so you stopped thinking. You stopped thinking about the spar, or the reason you were fighting in the first place; all that matter was the fight itself, and winning it. Your blows became faster and stronger; your movements more frenetic yet simultaneously controlled.

Faster...faster...faster! Stronger...you needed to be stronger! You needed to strike harder and faster to win! You needed to-

"Enough!" sensei's yell snaps you out of your trance, and you realize how heavily you were breathing, and how tired you were. Also, you were sore all over.

Oddly enough, sensei looked like that too, "You're...very good Ichika. A natural; almost too natural. Are you sure your sister never taught you before?"

"No, sensei; I just did what felt right? Did I do it wrong?"

Sensei shakes his head, "No, it's just...amazing really. A real prodigy is what you are..."

Prodigy? You didn't think you were that good, and a part of you feels as if you weren't good enough. Before you could think about it more though, Houki rushes towards and glomps you.

"That was sooo cool! How did you do that?! You're awesome! You beat tou-san!" "Hey!" Sensei seems to take some offense to the last part.

"I dunno, it all came naturally to me; like I knew how to do it without...knowing how to do it." Your face blushes in embarrassment, and you also rub your neck and the rather silly sounding response.

Houki pouts at the weak answer, but still says, "It's still really cool, even if you don't know how you did it. Definitely makes you the coolest friend ever."

You? Coolest? "But you make jetpacks. And robots; that's way cooler!"

"But my sister can do that too; neither of us can beat dad up..." You guess Houki has a point there...

"Oi! Alright, enough of the chit-chat; Houki, it's your turn." Houki nods and goes up against sensei. Unlike your fight, it was much shorter and Houki lost; still, she did do well. At least, it looked like she did.

"Well, that's enough for today; you both did very well. Now it's time for some dinner." With that, sensei dismisses you and you both change back to your regular clothes. Just in time too; you were starting to feel hungry.

Dinner was great; much better than what your sister usually makes. What's even better; you got to spend the night here because Tabane-san isn't done with whatever she'd doing with nee-san! After eating, both you and Houki left to go play some more. Turning to her, you ask, "So, what do you wanna do now?"

"Hmm...wanna eat candy?" Candy? Sure. You nod and Houki says, "Alright, follow me."

You both end up going to Tabane's Workshot, where you see Tabane working on what looks like a robotic arm, and your sister standing on a platform; arms stretched and covered in wires. Houki walks up to her sister and pulls on her labcoat and asks, "Nee-chan, can Ichika and I have some candy?"

"Sure, same drawer as always." Houki cheers and runs to a drawer and pulls it open. Inside was candy, a lot of candy; more than you thought possible. Houki takes several armfulls of it and hands it to you to hold, then takes some more. She then nods her head, as if confirming that you had enough, and you both begin to walk out of there.

"Hold it," Or not, "Where do you think you're going with all that?" Your sister catches the both of you, and doesn't seem happy with what you're doing.

"Nee-chan said we could have candy, so we took some." Houki tells her, "It's about how much I always take."

"Not this time; that much candy is bad for you. Put it away kids." Looks like you weren't going to make out like bandits here.

"Chi-chan, leave them alone; Houki can take as much as she wants." Or maybe Tabane-san was coming to the rescue...

"Tabane, you can't possibly be serious; that much candy isn't good for-" Anything else was cut off as Tabane hit a switch and electrocuted nee-san. Ouch; that looked like it hurt... Then she turned towards Houki and said, "Oh, that reminds me; your birthday's coming up in a couple of weeks, what did you want as a present?"

"A pony! No; a unicorn..." A unicorn? Aren't those make believe? You don't think that Tabane-san could possibly-

"Alright; leave it to nee-chan!~ She'll get you the prettiest unicorn in the world! With a rainbow mane even!" Or she could, somehow. You forgot that she could be crazy sometimes...

"Yay! You're the best nee-chan!" Houki seems happy though, and believes that her sister will get her that unicorn. So with that you both left to gorge on candy and play some more.

Eventually, night came and the two of you were simply too tired to play more; so you went to bed. As you slept...you dreamed of...

[X] A duel; you unarmed against a fellow knight unarmed. Victory the proof of your prowess
    [X] Of betrayal and lust; of how your actions brought ruin to what you upheld and fought for
    [X] Of a war against equals; of other heroes of yore, and your chance and pennance

Gregory Crey and Par Tzu like this.