1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

The Red Rose of Konoha (Yu Yu Hakusho/Naruto)

Discussion in 'Questing' started by FurikoMaru, Nov 17, 2013.

1. FurikoMaru

FurikoMaru Versed in the lewd.

Ah, hell, fuck it; character gen is the most fun part of these things anyway. Plot-Derailment in the first in-character storypost or your ryo back, guaranteed!

=

Hm. This is weird. You weren't this small before. Ugh, and you're all naked and cold. How embarrassing.

[img width=600 height=453]http://nd05.jxs.cz/816/520/06de862af4_82473326_o2.png[/img]

Wow. That's... that is most definitely a demon.

You've seen tougher, of course, but 'tougher' isn't really something you think about when one is right in front of you and the others are just memories.

Speaking of memories, when exactly have you seen tougher?

[X] At the risk of sounding melodramatic, every time I've ever looked in the mirror. (Kurama, Yu Yu Hakusho)

I see... and, are you a boy now? Or a girl?

[X] A girl, of course. Are you blind?

-----

Bored Furiko is bored. Lazy and bored.

-----

[​IMG]
    All of the young images of Kushina look either lovestruck or greatly distressed. XD

Name: Uzumaki Naruto/Yoko Kurama

Sex: Female.

Gender: ... Male, but... fox demon. *shrug* Being a girl is mildly annoying, but it's not like you'll be stuck like this forever. You're going to outlive most of the people who'll care anyway.

Intelligence: 5/5
    Strength: 0.8/5
    Speed: 3/5
    Stamina:
    - How Much Energy You Have To Work With: 4/5
    - How Quickly You Tire: 2/5
    Taijutsu: 2/5
    - Kushina's Personal Uzumaki-style Taijutsu: 0.9/5
    Ninjutsu:
    - Stuff You Can Do That You Can Pass Off As Ninjutsu: 5/5
    - Technically: 0.7/5
    Genjutsu: 0.5/5
    Handseals: 1/5
    Fuuinjutsu: 1/5

Pre-existing Abilities

Accelerated Growth - You can make plants grow and go through their life cycle much faster than normal, without even requiring soil to plant them in.

Rose Whip and associated techniques - If you can get your hands on a rose, you can wreck people's shit with the most metro attack this side of the Clothes Beam.

Petal Whirlwind - Attacks like these are the natural outcome of Conservation of Ninjutsu. Cuts through hordes of mooks like a hot knife through butter.

Akaru Zasso/Lamp Weed - If you have access to the seeds of a bioluminescent plant, you can plant lamp-like markers for yourself along your path to light your way and prevent yourself from getting lost.

Shimaneki Sou/Death-Inviting Grass/Seed of the Death Plant - Plant a seed on your opponent, charge it up with your energy from a distance, boom, floral chest-burster. It takes a little more time than some of your other techniques, but it's got a certain satisfying je ne sais quoi.

There are other still more unpleasant attacks you can perform, but they depend on access to deadlier plants than you're likely to be permitted contact with until after you've graduated from the Academy.

Jutsu

Fuuton: Daitoppa/Great Breakthrough (C)

Perks

Green Messiah - You love plants and plants love you. Thanks to the nature of this world's history and mythology, this also means that Konoha-nin love you. You are believed to possess a Youton/Yang Release kekkei genkai by those in the know, and the Mokuton by those who are not. In practice this isn't too far off from the truth.

Fuuton - Your primary elemental affinity is for Wind. Wind jutsu and aerial combat are easier for you than people with other affinities.

Uzumaki Vitality - You're physically very hardy, and even if you weren't a demon fox in human form, you'd still likely outlive everyone around you.

Jinchuuriki - You currently serve as a walking jail cell for a fragment of a very irritable fox-shaped entity. Its energy lets you heal from most major injuries short of dismemberment or severe physical damage to the brain.

Allies:

Uzumaki Kushina, Proud Mama Bear. Your mother, the head of your clan's Konoha branch and a former jinchuuriki. Currently suffering from the longterm effects of bijuu extraction, she's levelled out at about chuunin level combat ability, down from her elite jounin capabilities pre-extraction. Given the fact that extraction is meant to cause death, no one is really complaining about it aside from Kushina herself. It is unlikely that she'll recover her former strength without the intervention of a highly skilled iryo-nin.

Namikaze Minato, Yondaime Hokage. Your father, the fastest ninja alive, and the greatest seal master in Konoha. Loves you to bits but can't acknowledge you as his daughter until you're trained enough that you aren't kidnap-fodder. The irony is not lost on you.

The Uchiha Clan

Uchiha Mikoto, Cheerful Auntie. Your mother's best friend and a former ANBU captain. She's more your mother's ally than yours, but you've already benefited greatly from their friendship.

Uchiha Sasuke, Surrogate Little Brother. Yes, he's older. Doesn't change the nature of your relationship.

Haruno Sakura, Adorable Aspiring Kunoichi. A friend! Well, she probably will be, eventually; at the moment you feel more like her babysitter.

2. Hymn of Ragnarok

Hymn of Ragnarok Well worn.

Re: Canon-Fire: Naruto Reincarnation Quest (Naruto/?)

Bored?

Well that's not good.

What was the first one, Sailor Moon?

No clue how to judge the last two.

[X] My physical form means little to me.

Guess I'll toss a vote. Asexual beings are fun, although this being a Quest I'm sure there'll be some kind of preference towards gender or who to hit on sooner or later.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
  3. nightblade

nightblade Gone for Good

[X] Of course I'm male.

4. FurikoMaru

Yep!

5. Hymn of Ragnarok

How do you expect people to guess the other two? Only key words I see involve a mirror, melodrama, and self-awareness. The first one's practically giving it away but I got nothing at all for the other two. Unless it's all from Sailor Moon.

6. Silversun17

Silversun17 Connoisseur.

hm... can we message write in ideas to you for consideration?

7. FurikoMaru

Nah. I thought I'd make the other two a surprise for once.

Sure. Hit me.

8. Hymn of Ragnarok

Eh. The known quantities seem to tend to get picked more often by virtue of people knowing what they're getting into and liking that over a mystery box. So I guess we'll see how people vote.

9. Torgamous

Torgamous Official Matsu

This quest could finish in less time than it would take to list everything that the other two options might be describing, particularly if we have to account for unreliable narrators and include people like Kuno and Zim. As such, I'm going to be making the completely unsupported assertions that the first one is Tabris and the second one is Genie as voiced by Robin Williams.

10. FurikoMaru

:)) All right, all right. The second one is Kurama from Yu Yu Hakusho and the third is Dio Brando.

11. ShadowAngelBeta

ShadowAngelBeta Well worn.

I have to agree with hymn on this one... and the manga version of the senshi deserve some respect for facing elderitch abominations all the time. The anime versions on the other hand... ... ... I'm sorry I just got lost in a completely unrelated and very gore heavy day-dream. Also if any one's read LordsFire's recent SI Makoto fucking rocks.

Right got off topic.

[] Ah? Um, about once a year since I was fourteen, honestly - twice in the first year, if the time I reset the clocks counts as the same year again. In terms of scariness they all rank about equally, but in terms of power, I don't... think any of us would actually die fighting this one. Whoever sent it, that's the person to worry about.

*Sees new GM post right before he posts* ... Fuuuck. I don't know who Dio is... well I know who he is, but barely. I just know he's fucking awesome... and insane. I think...

Anyway, now I don;t know who to vote for... Fuuuck.

12. Larekko12

Larekko12 Connoisseur.

[X] Ah? Um, about once a year since I was fourteen, honestly - twice in the first year, if the time I reset the clocks counts as the same year again. In terms of scariness they all rank about equally, but in terms of power, I don't... think any of us would actually die fighting this one. Whoever sent it, that's the person to worry about. (Tsukino Usagi, Sailor Moon)

[X]Girl.

Our power is fucked if male.

13. FurikoMaru

Then get the hell out if Usagi wins; I find Takeuchi-sensei has much better taste in men than she does in pacing and characterization. I'm an anime fan all the way.

Candesce likes this.
  14. Silversun17

Silversun17 Connoisseur.

[X] Ah? Um, about once a year since I was fourteen, honestly - twice in the first year, if the time I reset the clocks counts as the same year again. In terms of scariness they all rank about equally, but in terms of power, I don't... think any of us would actually die fighting this one. Whoever sent it, that's the person to worry about. (Tsukino Usagi, Sailor Moon)

[X]Girl.

also fellow players: Furiko is not familar with the writes i proposed so there is no chance of us getting the Millennium pimp slap.
    http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b219/Q99/GD64p14-15.jpg
    http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a136/EvilDrBolty/MilleniumPimpSlap.jpg

15. Earth-Destroyer

Earth-Destroyer Versed in the lewd.

[X] At the risk of sounding melodramatic, every time I've ever looked in the mirror. (Kurama, Yu Yu Hakusho)

16. Disminded

Disminded Versed in the lewd.

[X] Boy

[X] Every time I've ever looked in the mirror. I fear no melodrama. (Dio Brando, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure)
    [X] Whatevs

My reasoning? If this quest follows the rules of the last one (and I realize that's a big jump), then the other possible incarnations will also be wandering around the world.

I don't know much about Dio, but a quick skim through wikipedia tells me A) He's kind of a dick and B) he's a dick with haxx an Uchiha would be proud of. I'd much rather have control of him and let Usagi (who's kinda... well, Usagi) and Kurama (who can be a bro when properly motivated) be the butterflies in another village.

17. mc2rpg

mc2rpg Versed in the lewd.

[X] Girl

18. Silversun17

Silversun17 Connoisseur.

not a real vote
    [Joke] Optimus Prime

19. Hymn of Ragnarok

Well I see at least two people who are along the lines of some kind of messiah.

Tempted to vote Dio cause it sounds like it'll be more entertaining. Although since you sound like as big a fan of Dio as you are of Lupin things are probably gonna be pretty insane (I mean you advertised Lupin as the most broken person in the room not an Uchiha), but eh. Main concern would be love for the canon characters meaning veering away from Dark Messiah to more yandere I-love-my-friends, usual moral compass where we fear going dark side or something, descend with a vengeance on that which threatens what's ours except justified cause friendship....

I dunno, just looking at this set-up is putting me in a, "I want to watch the world burn," mood. I'm pretty sure you wouldn't go Fix-Fic but....still in the mood for something more alien. Although I'm usually in the mood for alien. Crazy Awesome, xenofiction, usually hits the spot. Sociopathic comedy too.

Think I'll go reread He Had No Fingers. Or Reload if I can reread it and stop tsking over it.

[X] Every time I've ever looked in the mirror. I fear no melodrama. (Dio Brando, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure)

Well, you certainly tout the guy enough, guess I'm curious to see what you'll do.

20. shaderic

shaderic An ordinary cat?

Phone vote. Usual disclaimer.

[X] Kurama.

[X] Girl.

Because there is something delightfully meta about being a reincarnation of a reincarnation of a Kitsune, that is now acting as a living cage for a giant demonic fox.

As for the girl bit? Well, let's face it. Kurama is elegance, poise, and sarcasm capable of cutting diamonds. And he looked effeminate anyway. It's either this, or a whatever vote. Kurama is a beautiful man, and would be much the same if he were a woman. And honestly, while he may be seductive, and even capable of familial love, I don't think he is into romantic love. He knows and undersands it, maybe even experienced it at one point. But he's not really that quick to form bonds, and can be rather aloof. He's very close to asexual, although if he really did fall in love, I don't think he's the kind to see gender as something that really matters.

21. Hymn of Ragnarok

Well huh. That actually sounds kind of interesting. And romantic love is a bit overplayed for me sometimes. Although I really doubt we'd go a proper Lone Wolf that shuns most companionship. I haven't seen a Quest yet that sticks to it.

22. FurikoMaru

I'm setting a challenge for myself: I want to see how much I can fuck over canon with one (1) reincarnation. The messiah-hood is just a welcome extra.

It's difficult to explain. It's not so much that I'm a big fan of Dio as it is that he has a really fucked up level of charisma that throws me off my game. It's like I'm a straight guy and he's my one exception, for lack of a better simile.

It's Dio fucking Brando. He has brooding philosophical moments, and he's got a good side, but it's like any apex predator's good side; almost entirely subject to his own selfishness.

He's... hell, he's just Dio. It's hard to describe him properly without sounding like a starry-eyed fanfic-er.

He's got kind of an übermensch vibe, I guess.

Excellent!

I'd have to if Usagi wins. Anything else wouldn't be in character.

23. Torgamous

Torgamous Official Matsu

From what I remember of Furiko's attitude towards the character, I'd be more worried about what her reaction would be when the voters try to pull this.

24. Silversun17

Silversun17 Connoisseur.

Furiko, out of curisoty, how would you run my joke vote?

25. Serous

Serous Your friendly neighbourhood witch

[X] Kurama.
    [X] Girl.

Playing a reincarnation of a kitsune sounds amusing, especially considering that his powers involved plants. Come on, don't you want to make people think we have Moukuton?.

26. Hymn of Ragnarok

Should be fun.

Oh, that's something I like to read. If I'm giving an example, what Guile did with Orochimaru. We were a nicer Orochimaru, but motivated entirely by self-interest.

It's just....those characters don't tend to stay that way. I'm sure you'll enforce it to some extent, but even so.

Eh, I've been there. Read and worked on characters that take on a life and weight of their own. Of course, sometimes in hindsight I sometimes think, "Yeah, I was overrating this person."

One of those kinds of character where if you don't buy into the mystique, their appeal is ruined and they look stupid.

Well fuck.

That's one of my favorite archtypes.

....I am intrigued.

That, I cannot deny.

As for Mokuton, I saw that coming myself, just not feeling like living up to that side of things.

27. Bloodshifter

Bloodshifter The Bio-Armor Lover

[X] Kurama.
    [X] Girl.

28. Jack Trade

Jack Trade Chasing the Green Fairy.

29. Guile

Guile Clothes That Kill Virgins

[X] Kurama just seems too perfect for this. Long red hair like the Bloody Habanero, used to be a nine tailed fox...
    [X] Gender: Kurama (technically male)

30. kinglugia

kinglugia A Randy Avian

[X] Dio
    [X] It depends on the body you are going to steal once you grow bored of the current one. But for now, male.