1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Feudal Quest

Discussion in 'Questing' started by ShaperV, Jan 10, 2014.

1. Jiven

Jiven Most Excellent Lurker

Vote changed, but capturing the Witch is a foolish move.

2. fitzgerald

fitzgerald Experienced.

[X] “A half hour before dawn. That way if she tries to run we’ll have daylight to track her down.”

[X] The witching hour

[X] “Kill Atalaya and the demon. We want to do maximum damage to the forces of evil here.”

Vote Change. Going for both Demon and Witch

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
  3. uju32

uju32 Not too sore, are you?

Let me try one last time:

1)We have been in this area for less than half a year, and we found out about this witch.
    How did she get set up without whoever the steward for this place was finding out?
    Who was her mentor?
    Who else has she been dealing with?
    All that killing does is eliminate the most visible manifestation of trouble, while leaving roots in the ground to fester.
    There is a good reason why even Warhammer Witchfinders try to interrogate and try their suspects.

2)Word of Katiana is that she can steal youth, and possibly faces.
    How do you confirm her identity if she's too dead to talk?
    Because if I was her, I'd think nothing of grabbing someone else's face, setting them up to die in my place and then relocating.

3) She is so powerful that the very act of asking one of your mistresses about her turned her hair white.
    While she was living ten to twenty miles away.
    And that spell was so subtle that Dita didn't notice it beside living in the same castle as the victim.

What other prepared tripwires does she have in the local community?
    Would killing her trip a killing curse on the rest of the town? Would it deprive them of their minds?
    Pull a mass summoning?
    We know nothing.

4) We have no idea if demons can even be killed; for all we know, they can only be banished.
    They're not vampires after all.
    And Dom is hardly a theological expert.

5)Killing witches out of hand is not standard procedure.
    Note that Dita's parents were tried and executed for witchcraft, not killed out of hand.

6) There are law and order boosts plus prestige to trying and having her publicly executed.
    The villagers are more likely to talk to you if they can confirm with their own eyes that she's been killed.
    And that she didn't fake a dead body and go into hiding.

Note that I do not advocate undue risk; I certainly am not saying we should risk a named character to grab her.
    But killing someone out of hand in a fight when you don't have to?
    Stupid.
    I've made my argument.

4. Jiven

Interesting.

I will have to sleep on this.

5. Adyen

Adyen Experienced.

1) do we really need not know there things to stabilize our land? Yes it would be great to know, but I don't think the risk outweigh so the rewards. Who's to say she'll even break?
    2) by the same argument, how do you know she didn't steal her guard's face and bewitched them to think they are her?
    3) we know nothing, but at the same time this is likely the only chance to strike. She's going to find out about the 2 chosen soon (and if she's as powerful as you fear there is no way she wouldn't), so who's to say she won't trigger those failsafes anyways? At least if we're attacking she'll be more concerned about protecting herself than anything else. Of course, if we keep her alive she might as well trigger them as a final 'gift' or use them to ransom her freedom.
    4) we don't know either way, but if demons can't need killed then by that logic demons would have taken over the world as anyone who could summon a inch of them would be undefeated less.
    5)not killing this witch could cause the death of the entire town. Are you ready to accept responsibility if the witch threatens all the people here if we don't release her and then still kills everyone even if we give into her demands?
    6) they could confirm her body either way. Leaving her alive is an undue risk and asking for trouble.

[X] “A half hour before dawn. That way if she tries to run we’ll have daylight to track her down.”
    [X] “Kill Atalaya and the demon. We want to do maximum damage to the forces of evil here.”
    -[X] But the demon is secondary.

6. ShaperV

ShaperV Experienced.

From what you understand of such things most demons have only limited access to Earth - they need to be summoned by a witch or wizard, and can only stay for a limited period of time (depending on the power of the summoning). But there aren't all that many individual demons involved in any given region, so it's quite likely that the one working with Atalaya could have other witches in Eastern Europe.

Normally when a demon dies in the material world this just weakens it for a period of weeks or months. But holy weapons can inflict much more serious injuries, and sometimes even kill them permanently. You're not sure if Inovia's Chosen count as holy weapons for that purpose, but it seems likely.

True. Dita thinks Emma can probably match the demon on raw power, and Inga is considerably more powerful than Emma.

Yes, the Chosen can see in the dark. Not that the area will stay dark for long one Dita starts throwing her magic around, and yes if need be you and Kat can both create light using fire magic.

The Chosen actually seem pretty receptive to that kind of idea from what you can tell so far. The problem will be dealing with the fact that the Church of Khersis thinks they're all dangerous lunatics.

Just keep in mind that you don't have any easy way to keep her from working magic even if she's a prisoner. Being tied up and deprived of materials will keep her from working high-powered ritual spells, but most combat magic is just an effort of will.

An interesting point. Although if you see someone who looks like Atalaya throwing spells around odds are pretty good it's really her. If she were some epic mage capable of creating simulacrums or something she'd probably have better things to do with her time that hang around Tamasi terrorizing the locals.

Yes, that's a valid point. She's lived in Tamasi for years, so she's had plenty of time to prpare whatever defensive measures she's capable of. You can be pretty sure the scale will be limited (again, because if she were an epic mage she wouldn't be here), but there are all kinds of nasty possibilities.

That's because they were nobles. With peasants they usually do just kill them right away, because witches are too dangerous to try to hold prisoner for any length of time. A brave (or magic resistant) witch hunter might try to interrogate one briefly, but that's a good way to get yourself cursed.

ward201 likes this.
  7. Jiven

I really should sleep, but I would really love to see about that. Might be fun.

A Church full of Magical Girls and of Slayers.

8. uju32

True.
    But that means seeing her throwing spells.

Dominic couldn't see the tracking spell she cast for finding Katiana, nor did he notice the darkness she left on him.
    Barring the ladies, all the guys are blind.
    So the odds that she could cast spells, duck out of sight of the ladies and set up her patsy are pretty good.
    Especially if she can rig the house to blow.

Oh, I'm not suggesting we hold her for any period of time.
    She shouldn't be in our custody more than 6-12 hours, and have the ladies watch her in the meantime.
    Or Katiana arrange something to impede her.

Speaking of which, what's the accepted method for executing a witch?
    Beheading, hanging or burning?
    Because offering something a less painful execution is a bargaining chip.
    And what is done with the body afterwards?

9. Adyen

Adyen Experienced.

Yaaa... the only way we're going to keep her in custody is if she's unconscious (via solid blows to the head multiple times) the entire time, and if she's going to be that way, we might as well just kill her and be done with it.

Cause who's to say that she doesn't have a suicide bomb spell and kills everyone we use to watch over her?

10. Seventeen

Seventeen 7th in primes, last in doing-things-with-my-life

[X] The witching hour.
    [X] Kill both.

11. Arkeus

Arkeus Crazy cat guy

This is the whole point- if we act against her in the fullness of her power, she is much more likely to think like you do and go all out against us, her demon is much more likely to come out and fight us.

This means it's much easier to have certifiable proof that she is the witch, and it's much easier to kill an enemy if they think they have the advantage. Given that she cannot detect most of your companions, we have an overwhelming advantage there.

We actually do- her patron is roughly as strong as the weaker of the two chosen, and she wouldn't have called her patron against Kat if she was stronger than her patron, so she herself is less powerful than that.

Given Dita can flat out see magic and will be able to recognize Atalaya and what she is doing, Atalaya trying to get a patsy would not work (if she only needed half a second to switch, she would have done that years ago instead of drooling at Kat). Furthermore, even switching means nothing as Dita will steal be able to sense her after the switch.

12. Walkir

Walkir Super Happy Awesome Fun Time On Vacation

13. ShaperV

ShaperV Experienced.

It looks like there's a real split here, so I'll hold off a bit on the next update to see if a consensus develops.

Oh, and FYI I'm having a mild bout of tendonitis, so I may be slow about updating for a few days until it clears up.

14. gryllidae

gryllidae Not too sore, are you?

[X] “The witching hour. She’ll probably be working magic then anyway, and it’s the easiest time to summon a demon if it isn’t already there.”

15. Marthis

Marthis Oh how wonderful!

16. uju32

Or actually take significant losses.
    Against someone inside prepared defenses.
    You underestimate exactly how much of a boost prepared defenses are.

Proof how?
    Most people can't see magic, and there's no assurance her spells will be visible.
    Given that you don't want to try her, the only people who will get a good look are your soldiers.
    And I will point out that the village is convinced she's a witch anyway.

Overconfidence.
    It's deadly.

Point of order: Dita can see some magic.
    She didn't see the magic that was connected to our mistresses, which was beginning to age one of them after we asked after Atalya's rep.
    It took intervention by Katiana to reverse that.

And while we have proof that Kat can see bound spirits, we don't know if she can see inactive spells.
    Note that the curse started working on our mistress before she could find and remove it.

And three: Katiana was unable to tell that both Dita and Dom were magic users when they first met; they had to actively cast visible magic.
    There has been no indication that Dita can do so if the person isn't actively using magic.

17. Arkeus

Arkeus Crazy cat guy

Possibly.
    I think you under-estimate the Chosen and over-estimate the defenses, myself. Under-estimation is as deady as over-estimation.
    By summoning the demon- going at noon probably means she won't be able to, and just before dawn possibly means the demon won't answer.
    Yes. As is under-confidence.
    Dita can feel the dark magic around the house from afar, which means she can see the lingering traces of tainted magic, which means there won't be any such problems.

The chosen possibly can do the same.

Katiana is probably a case of "she needs to be looking for the magic", and she will be, then.

18. drake_azathoth

drake_azathoth Fabulously Evil

[X] “The witching hour. She’ll probably be working magic then anyway, and it’s the easiest time to summon a demon if it isn’t already there.”

19. Seventeen

Seventeen 7th in primes, last in doing-things-with-my-life

Changed my vote to break the deadlock.

20. fitzgerald

fitzgerald Experienced.

Changed my vote to witching hour

21. bastur2

bastur2 Versed in the lewd.

If the demon appear, good, if it doesn't better.
    To kill her we need no more prof than what WE find necessary.

She is no noble, we will not be held accountable by this act of justice in OUR lands, more so by the slaying of a witch.

How we know that she is a wich? WE just know that that commoner was a wich and that our cause was just.

Any tripwire or others members of her coven will have to be dealt as they become know.

For now, the only thing that we know for sure is that she is a wich and must be put dow for the betermnt of OUR land.

22. ShaperV

ShaperV Experienced.

The Cleansing of Corzu Pt 2

[X] “The witching hour. She’ll probably be working magic then anyway, and it’s the easiest time to summon a demon if it isn't already there.”

All is quiet as your forces slink through Tamasi towards the home of the witch. Dita and Katiana are both a bit nervous about the situation, and stick close to you. Dita is geared much like your rangers, while Katiana has acquired a traditional wizard’s robe and carries a rune-carved staff she’s been working on ever since you first mentioned researching the haunts to her.

The darkness that slows your troop movements to a crawl is no hindrance at all to the Chosen, who assume their positions with the practiced ease of veteran soldiers. Something to think about, there. Emma is sixteen and has been Chosen for only three years, but she seems to have the combat experience of a twenty-year veteran. Inga, who is only fourteen but was Chosen six years ago, has the thousand-yard stare of a shell-shocked WWI veteran. You’ve never seen anything like that, but you have to wonder what the hell Inovia was thinking when she decided to recruit an eight year old to kill monsters.

Be that as it may, everything seems to be going well until the time comes to enter the house. Emma goes first, happy to play bait now that she’s got a helmet and chain shirt from your armory. She creeps up the front steps, silent as a ghost, and raises her hammer.

A dark mist rises up from between the boards of the porch to engulf her.

You hear her hiss of pain, but she brings the hammer down anyway. The blow smashes the stout oak door of Atalaya’s house right off it’s hinges, sending it flying back into the building as if hit by a battering ram.

“Dita? Now would be a good time,” you prompt.

“Oh, right!” Dita throws off her moment of hesitation, and spreads her arms. A warm golden glow springs up to cover Atalaya’s front yard, illuminating Emma’s fight with the mist-monster and revealing another of the creatures sneaking up behind her. Emma sees it, and dives over the porch railing to dart across the grass into the brightest part of the light.

The mist-monsters don’t seem to like that.

Inga is supposed to be lurking overhead waiting for the demon to show up, and you don’t especially want to be part of that fight. So you detail two men to guard Dita’s back while she continues lighting up the area, and move towards the house with Kat at your side.

Something dark and insubstantial splashes against your chest as you step through the door. Atalaya stands in the kitchen doorway in a shift that doesn’t cover nearly as much of her as you’d prefer. Ew, you did not need to see that.

“Damn you!” She shouts. “You think your pretty bitch’s magic is stronger than mine? She can’t protect you for long!”

“She doesn’t need to,” you growl. You stride forward with your sword at the ready, watching warily for traps. You aren’t terribly surprised when all the creepy little dolls in the front room animate and leap to attack you, though smashing them all is going to take more time than you’d like.

Katiana raises her staff and slams it down while shouting a word that echoes unnaturally in the darkness. A shower of blue sparks radiates out from the point where her staff strikes the floor, and the dolls abruptly tumble to the floor. But two of the small shapes are still moving.

Something small and ugly is flying at your face. You slash at it with your broadsword, But it slips away from your stroke with a nimble flap of its batlike wings. It flings a little ball of fire at you, but you duck aside and active your fire resistance.

Two feet tall, claws and horns and a stinger-tipped tail - an imp?

A dark bolt of malevolent energy flashes past you towards Kat, who is busy trying to fend off another of the creatures. Damn it, no time to play with this thing.

You activate your speed boost and strike again as the little demon tries to close with you. A brief flurry of blows, the imp dodging and flinging fire at you while it tries to stab you with its tail. The thing is amazingly fast, and tougher than a man. You expect the first blow that connects to cut it in half, but instead your blade simply opens a nasty gash in its side.

Kat cries out in pain, but you don’t have time to look. The imp is still in your face, and beyond it several rotting corpses are shambling into the room. Damn it, how many minions does Atalaya have?

Then Dita’s golden light fills the room. The imp flinches, shielding it’s eyes against the glow, and you have an opening. This time you strike with boosted strength, and gut your opponent.

You turn to find Katiana on the ground, struggling frantically with an imp that seems to be stronger than she is despite its small size. Her robe is in tatters and one arm is bleeding freely from a ragged bite wound, and the disgusting thing seems intent on raping her. She’s lost her staff, and isn't having much luck with trying to stab it with her holdout dagger.

Your strength-boosted thrust pierces the monster’s heart and goes clear through its body, spraying ichor everywhere. Hoping she’ll recover quickly you start to turn back to the zombies, but your sword seems to be stuck.

Shit. Better start carrying a spare weapon.

You plant your foot on the demon’s body and wrench your sword free, but by then the zombies are on top of you. They bowl you over in a rush, clawing and biting at your armor even as you fall. You find yourself struggling under a pile of zombies, punching and kicking with bursts of enhanced strength. Your blows break bones, but your opponents don’t feel pain.

As you fight you hear the sounds of continuing struggle all around you. Kat and Atalaya are exchanging spells. Strange shrieks and wails drift in from the front yard, along with the loud thumps of Emma’s hammer. The room brightens as Dita apparently continues on with the plan to surround the place with her light.

Setting the zombies on fire is easy, but doesn’t seem to discourage them much. Punching one’s face it doesn’t work. You’ve got several shallow bites on your arms and legs, but fortunately they don’t seem to be doing much damage. With a wrench of effort you pick one up bodily and throw it in Atalaya’s general direction.

Heh. That distracts her, at least.

You grab a crystal ball from a shelter and slam it into a zombie’s head. It shatters, but so does the thing’s head. Finally, it stops moving. Only one zombie left, and with no distractions it’s the work of a moment to grab the clumsy thing’s head and twist it right off.

You stumble back to your feet and look around for Atalaya.

You find her in the kitchen, huddled under a dome of black mist. Katiana is standing over her, tattoos glowing with an eldritch blue light as she rains down blows with her staff. Every impact sends a shower of blue sparks flying, and the mist is rapidly dissipating.

“-teach you to send goddamn rape demons to fucking steal my virgin's gift you putrescent demon-fucking blood-swilling hag bitch-”

Kat sees you, and cuts off her tirade with an embarrassed blush. "Ah, I mean, hurry my lord! Strike now while I have her pinned!"

Then a zombie tackles her, and she goes down with a shriek.

You charge across the room, and pull it off of her with yet another burst of strength. It’s the zombie you threw at Atalaya a minute ago, and that worked out pretty well the first time. Why not?

The zombie stops in midair when it strikes the dome of smoke, and hangs there writhing as its flesh seems to dissolve into putrid goop. Atalaya grins at you nastily.

“You can’t harm me while my forbiddance is in effect, boy,” she spits contemptuously. “My master and his servants will finish off that little Inovian chit soon enough, and then he’ll be coming for you. Do you think you can stand alone against a Third-Circle Demon of Decay?”

You see the light shining through the window shutters behind her move, and smile. “A wise lord never fights alone, witch.”

The back door opens, and Dita steps through wreathed in a golden aura as bright as sunlight. Atalaya screams, and covers her eyes. Her protective dome immediately begins to hiss and spit, dimming visibly as the light eats away at it.

Kat drags herself back to her feet, and raises her staff. A bright blue glow radiates from the tip, and the smoky dome is driven back. The spell begins fading even faster.

You retrieve your sword with a grim smile, and stride towards the cowering witch.

“Atalaya Bartok, I hereby find you guilty of witchcraft, necromancy, bargaining with demons, attempted murder of a noble, treason against your rightful lord, and resisting arrest. The sentence is death.”

Your sword rises. The dome contracts into a flickering smoky aura that barely covers her skin, and then vanishes. Your sword falls.

Atalaya’s head rolls across the kitchen floor.

As her body begins to decay before your eyes, everyone gives a little sigh of relief.

“Dita, how are things going out front?” You ask.

She gives you a slightly manic grin. “Oh, that was an awesome fight! My light killed the smoke things and Emma smashed the imp with one hit and then the rotting thing showed up and pinned her but Inga surprised it and cut its arms off and I blew its shadow away and Emma broke its legs and held it down while Inga ripped out all the stolen souls it had and set them free and then froze its heart and shattered it. I want to learn how to do that!”

You smile tolerantly. “Breath, Dita. No post-combat shakes, then? Everyone alright?”

She shakes her head, practically bouncing with excitement. “No, I’m good. That was fun! Oh, Emma got a finger bitten off but she says it’s no big deal, it’ll grow back in a few days.”

“Great. Go tell them to come on in, will you? We need to sweep the house for traps.”

“You got it,” she nods, and bounces off.

You turn to Kat. “Are you all-”

Your question is interrupted when she throws herself into your arms and kisses you. Wearing about as much as the first time you saw her, with both of you just coming down from the adrenaline rush of battle. Her mouth is warm and hungry, and for a moment it’s all you can do not to throw her over the kitchen table and take her right now.

Then she pulls away.

“Thank you,” she purrs. “I owe you for that rescue.”

Her eyes are so dilated you’d think she was on drugs if you didn't know better. “Kat? Are you alright?”

She blinks, and glances down at the bite on her arm. “Oh. Imp venom. No wonder I’m so hot. Better, um… tie me up?”

Her tone of voice says just the idea is almost enough to get her off at the moment. But she’s losing a lot of blood from that wound, and a moment later it catches up with her. She sways, and falls against you.

“Yeah, that’s enough moving around for you. Let’s get you out of here, and get that bleeding stopped…”

-----

Congratulations, you've killed both the witch of Tamasi and her demon mentor. All that’s left now is the cleanup. The Chosen will clear the house easily enough, destroying several magical traps and freeing a number of bound spirits. But Atalaya has a lot of possessions, including various magical reference materials and a surprising amount of money. What do you do with:

The money:
    [ ] Take it
    [ ] Distribute it to the village, since she probably stole it from them
    [ ] Write In

The magical supplies:
    [ ] Take it all. You never know what might be useful.
    [ ] Have Kat identify and dispose of anything dangerous. Keep the rest.
    [ ] Burn it all.
    [ ] Write In

The House”
    [ ] Claim it, in hopes of selling it later.
    [ ] Burn it, and have Kat and Dita purify the site.
    [ ] Write In

Most of your party is a bit banged up, but a few days of rest and healing will restore most of their effectiveness. Do you:

[ ] Press on to the first haunt immediately
    [ ] Take a few days to rest first
    [ ] Let the Chosen go on their way, and deal with the haunts without them
    [ ] Write In

Leroidumonde, LonelyWolf and ward201 like this.
  23. Thomasfoolery

Thomasfoolery Mt.

The money:
    [X] Take it

We can use the money, as it'll mainly go to improving the lands anyway. Plus no longer having the witch looming over them should be reward enough I'd say.

The magical supplies:
    [X] Have Kat identify and dispose of anything dangerous. Keep the rest.

We don't really know anything about this kind of thing, might as well let the expert take care of it once she's recovered.

Most of your party is a bit banged up, but a few days of rest and healing will restore most of their effectiveness. Do you:
    [X] Take a few days to rest first

We've a bit of time yet, I'd say we can afford to pace ourselves.

Finally I have a question in regards to the house before deciding, if any of the party knows the particulars. Purification is mentioned, how corrupted is it, what sort of thing does the corruption entail, and is burning then purifying the only/best way to go about cleansing it?

[X] Burn it, and have Kat and Dita purify the site.

24. Arkeus

Arkeus Crazy cat guy

Re: The Cleansing of Corzu Pt 2

Ok, a few preliminary votes, because i am probably going to change after thinking it through:

The money:
    [X] Take it
    -[X] But give a bonus to those that help kill the witch's minions/etc.

Basically, being able to tell who the money was from beforehand is hard as heck, and just giving the money would probably make us look too soft, not generous. However, giving a bonus pay to those who killed the witch's minion/etc might help estabilishing that you can get rewards if you do dangerous jobs.

The magical supplies:
    -[X] But get the Chosen/Dita look at them too, as they have their own expertise when it comes to seeing tainted things.

Also, Kat has been holding out on us, so while looking like we trust her is good (and she IS the expert), we need to verify.

The House”

[X] Press on to the first haunt immediately
    -[X] See if you can do anything with your flesh magic to knit some of the wounds, as well as have Dita purify everyone (especially Kat)

Basically, while we might need to rest after the first haunts, we don't -need- to right now, though we of course need a few rounds of purifications. We are trying to finish all the haunts before our Aunt arrive, so that we can have Regency by then and look capable.

So, this went well i feel. It really helped Dita get more confidence in herself, and we have been able to see how effective both she and Dita were.

Oh, and we freed souls, so yay!

Too bad that we apparently didn't notify Ezti we were going to be cleaning up Haunts right now. If people are going to vote for resting, i would REALLY appreciate notifying her and trying to get her in on it.

25. Falconis

Falconis Not too sore, are you?

First of all, purify everything.
    The money, the items, the people, all of it.

[X] Take it

-[X] But get the Chosen/Dita look at them too, as they have their own expertise when it comes to seeing tainted things.

The House

[X] Press on to the first haunt immediately
    One days rest tops.
    We want the chosen with us.

26. staplesdex2

staplesdex2 Status: CLASSIFIED

[X] Take it

The House

[X] Take a few days rest
    -[X] invite Izte to join our party when we go to the next round of house cleaning
    -[X] Spend time with Kat during her recovery

27. Thomasfoolery

Thomasfoolery Mt.

Even disregarding the other injuries Kat is not at all functional right now, why do you want to press on?

Also I don't feel the argument that we need to get it done as fast as possible so we should go immediately considers things carefully enough, spending the time to do things right the first time even if it takes a little longer to start with will usually end up with a project completed in less time overall and to a higher standard.

We're also running the risk of the current injuries snowballing us into more serious injuries that could've easily been avoided if we'd gone in at near 100%.

Also I think bonuses is probably a pretty bad precedent to set.

Don't really care all that much if we burn the house, though I'd still like to know about my questions.

28. bastur2

bastur2 Versed in the lewd.

[X] Take it

The House

[X] Take a few days rest
    -[X] invite Izte to join our party when we go to the next round of house cleaning

29. Darik29

Darik29 Verified Delicious

Anyone else feel like asking Shaper about disbursing the money? Atalaya has been terrorizing the town for years, if not decades. She had everyone In the town cursed so that they couldn't speak of her evil without suffering horribly.

I see no reason it wouldn't be a good idea to give Some of the money to the town.

[X] Split the money. Half to the town, to help it recover from Atalaya's evil, half to keep.

Everyone's injured, Kat is out from blood loss, and if we try to take on the haunts, we'd be fighting injured. Never a good thing to do, people. And one of the Chosen is missing a finger. That's a Thing we should let her heal, methinks.

30. Graig

Graig Not too sore, are you?

[X] Take it