1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

I will become God-Harem King of the World! [Highschool DxD/Exalted] (CLOSED)

Discussion in 'Questing' started by Alexander, Jan 23, 2014.

1. Silversun17

Silversun17 Connoisseur.

he was talking about the Anima banner. my stunt won so hard it's not even in question.

2. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

Having Ddraig be a 5-dot artifact makes more sense than anything else. His various special abilities translate over to being evocations almost perfectly based on what we know of the evocation system so far.

3. Threadmarks: Genesis - Part 2
    Alexander

Alexander That is not dead which can eternal lie

Power, burning and ephemeral, fills your body. The light increase as intent comes to you and words escape your mouth.

"Tell me something Yuuma..." You steps forward with the light-your Anima Banner-blazing around your body. Yuuma staggers back in shock and fear.

With your mind's eye you can see it: behind your back there is a great eastern crimson dragon, scales of metal shifting between holy golden and hellish red depending on the light's inclination, its maw burning with the cleansing hot-white flames of the Sun. It is hovering over a thing of wonder, a flying city of metal and glass that reflects the same light of his scales from every facet.

"How could someone who would have truly loved you with all their heart be a threat? If I have something that's a threat to you would have not logic said to make me an ally since I would have been willing to go along with it?" You steps forward again and the dragon raises a claw to point it accusingly at Yuuma.

"So tell me something Yuuma, what are you? And why did you try to kill me?" The dragon roars. You know it is only an image, but somehow it manages to projects its voice into reality.

"I-I am a Fallen Angel." Fallen Angel? Like the ones from Cristianity, the servants of God that were cast away from Heaven for their sins? You remember playing an Eroge with a similar theme. "My real name is Raynare. I was told to..." She pauses. She shakes her head before her expression hardens. "Why I am telling you this? I don't have to explain myself to a lowly human. An ally? Don't joke around!" She creates a new spear of light. "It looks like you somehow manage to activate your Sacred Gear. But whatever it is it will not save you a second time!" She tosses the spear, aiming to impale you like before.

This time however you react. No, it's your body who reacts by itself the moment you perceive danger. You start running towards her, the radiance from your Anima forming a hull over your body. Once the spear is close you raise your forearm and, in a complete reversal of what happened earlier, deflect the weapon. You are completely unharmed, even your clothes are undamaged.

"What?" Yuu-Raynare shouts in surprise and disbelief. When she realizes you're within striking distance she creates another spear to defend herself. But you know what to do, how to move your body: not a martial stance, simply a more correct way to move your muscles and bring out their true potential.

Golden-white flames surround your left forearm, taking a gauntlet-like form, and with your fist you uppercut Raynare in the chin, the force lifting her up from the ground. She screams as the flames spread over face and hair, burning skin and flesh alike. Your heart clenches at the sight: despite the betrayal, despite the fact it is her or you, seeing her in pain filled you with a sadness you cannot put into words.

"Aaah!!" She swings the spear wildly, grazing your chest before you can step back. She rolls on the ground trying to put out the fire. "I'll kill you! I'll kill you! I'LL KILL-Urgh!"

Incapable of bearing her sufferings any longer you slam a palm into her neck to knock her out. Then you take out your jacket and put out the flames. When you remove it and see her face you breath out a sight of relief: her injuries are less severe than you thought. She has many burns and she lost part of her hair, but she will survive.

Providing you take her to a hospital. Which...may not be a good idea since, you know, her intent is to kill you. And her wings are still visible: if others realize they're real someone like the Man in Black may very well come to silence things. MIB didn't kill in the film, but maybe in real life it's different.

Most of all, leaving a beautiful woman to suffer goes against your principles.

What to do?
    [] Leave her and go home. (depending on rolls: -1wp, +1 Limit)
    [] Bring her to a hospital
    [] Call help and stay hidden. Leave when the medics arrive.
    [] Suggestions? (Write in)
    -----

You are down to:

Personal: 17/17
    Peripheral: 33/40

Willpower: 8/8
    ----

Regardless of what win (Easy or Normal), you got lucky: Raynare is very arrogant and didn't expect that Issei would be capable of fighting back.

Cookies to the one who first find the hint about Issei's Shard I inserted in the post.

4. Silversun17

Silversun17 Connoisseur.

most obvious would be the flying city.

not sure what to do here.

5. Larekko12

Larekko12 Connoisseur.

Ya know I totally forgot about hte BP but wouldn't it be better go melee? Ain't it cheaper more efficients and more kill?

6. Happerry

Happerry The Song to the Flame

We should sink some into the social skills so we can better win arguments like what we just did.

7. Malcolmo

Malcolmo Insert custom title here

Do we know of anywhere that's abandoned we could take her to? Maybe we could try healing her ourselves. Otherwise I'd suggest calling an ambulance and waiting in the bushes.

Also on a somewhat unrelated note is she in her anime costume or the novel version?

8. Nervaqus987

Nervaqus987 Well worn.

We've got Bright Shattered Ice's Shard?

Well, the Fist of the Daystar(https://docs.google.com/document/d/1y1ZfsnGx84VLujoKLucctqgTeGto0QKaGCIc2s6vz8Q/edit?hl=en&pli=1#) rewrite that Chung did boosts MA to the same level as melee, so if we go with that, we're all good.

readingpanther5 likes this.
  9. Silversun17

Silversun17 Connoisseur.

if anime it might be best to treat her ourself since that "outfit" will raise questions.

that makes the shard going to Issei funny as hell.

10. Malcolmo

If it was the anime version I'm sad Issei didn't comment on it. It'd have been hilarious to have suddenly respawned and acted all badass only to promptly act perverted about her outfit.

ShadowStepper1300 likes this.
  11. Alexander

Alexander That is not dead which can eternal lie

A few but no-one nearby.

Novel version: she is wearing a dress.
    Ding ding! Cookies for you!

Now can any of you tell where to find descriptions of her? I have Dreams of the First Age but I am interested in a deeper report of her personality. You will discover why later.

12. MHLord

MHLord Why hello there.

[X] Take her home with you and treat her yourself.

13. Nervaqus987

Nervaqus987 Well worn.

There's a character sheet for her in Lords of Creation along with a picture(her wings are an Artifact, in case you were wondering).

There may be some scattered information about her in a couple of the books, but Lords of Creation has the most, AFAIK.

Ah damn. We've got Past Lives.

14. Larekko12

Larekko12 Connoisseur.

[X]this

15. Malcolmo

Problem we have parents and they will ask questions, and unlike in canon we don't have Rias conveniently hypnotizing everyone. It's why I asked if there was a deserted place nearby.

16. Nervaqus987

Nervaqus987 Well worn.

Also, we've got no Medicine and only Int 2.

That means we've only got a measly 2 dice to work with on any attempt to heal her.

We could probably stick a couple bandages on her or something, but that'd be about the limit of what we could do.

17. megrisvernin

megrisvernin Connoisseur.

:/.

Tie

Difficulty

Easy 7
    EnderofWorlds, Larekko12, megrisvernin, MrGazzer, Bloodshifter, kinglugia, Dimensionist

normal 7
    Silversun17, ShadowAngelBeta, Somebodynobody10, Drakebane, Happerry, Selias, Heaven Canceler

Easy/normal Bloodshifter

Hard 1

Odysseus2099

Lunatic 1
    Malcolmo

18. John At Dawn

John At Dawn Seeker of Answers

Also, said parents will be in danger. That's important too.

19. Silversun17

Silversun17 Connoisseur.

[X] Check her wounds thoroughly, if they are within your capability to treat take her somewhere you provide medical aide without disruption. if not call the paramedics.

Ayashi likes this.
  20. Selias

Selias Well worn.

[X] Call help and stay hidden. Leave when the medics arrive.

21. Emral282

Emral282 Touch Fluffy Tail

[X] Call help and stay hidden. Leave when the medics arrive.

22. Malcolmo

Switching vote to:
    [X]Normal

I would've preferred at least hard but I'd rather we have some difficulty then none.

23. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

[X] Write-In
    So, supernatural stuff is real after all... wait a minute.

You dig through your pockets and pull out a scrap of paper with runes on it, the one you received earlier this afternoon from a strange woman, representing... what was it, the school's occult club? And it claims to be... a summoning ritual? It might be a hoax, but it couldn't hurt to try to summon some advice. At the very least, maybe this person knows how to avoid the MIB, or whether they exist at all.

24. John At Dawn

John At Dawn Seeker of Answers

That's a bit too meta, in my opinion.

25. Silversun17

Silversun17 Connoisseur.

sounds like an exalted stunt though

[X] Write-In
    So, supernatural stuff is real after all... wait a minute.

You dig through your pockets and pull out a scrap of paper with runes on it, the one you received earlier this afternoon from a strange woman, representing... what was it, the school's occult club? And it claims to be... a summoning ritual? It might be a hoax, but it couldn't hurt to try to summon some advice. At the very least, maybe this person knows how to avoid the MIB, or whether they exist at all.

26. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

We don't really have any good options. Calling an ambulance means exposing the supernatural to normal people regardless of whether we stick around or not. What's more, we attacked Raynare and left injuries as physical evidence of the deed so regardless of what she is she can tell people she was attacked by a violent maniac and give the police our description.

We need advice on how to handle the situation because we have no idea what we just stepped in, but we've obviously never heard of hospitals for fallen angels or anything of the like, or anywhere safe we could take her that isn't home (and home isn't safe for a girl who's trying to kill you, especially not with the parents around). It would be nice if we had a number we could call and ask for information or something but we don't really have on of those -- except oh wait, maybe we do, and that's when we pull out the summoning card.

victor janus likes this.
  27. Pipeman

Pipeman Well worn.

Can't we just roll Medicine first to check how wounded she actually is and use that to potentially dodge the Compassion roll?
    I mean, I know our dice pool is kind of pathetic, but it's not like the attempt costs us anything.

Otherwise, we can probably try a Lore roll to figure out that as a Fallen Angel instead of a normal human a bit of bashing damage should really not have any long term consequences we need to call the ambulance for.

28. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

I don't think Lore allows you to know information you could not possibly have obtained. If you could, a Solar with Lore 5 and an excellency could reconstruct the secrets of the First Age from scratch. The medicine check isn't a bad idea but leaving an unconscious girl alone in a park at night is bad for her safety regardless of whether she's injured or not.

Also we hit her with a holy attack, which deals aggravated damage and is much more serious than bashing; I don't think it heals normally, for one thing.

29. Malcolmo

If we're going for getting the summoning thing, why not have us reach into our pockets for a phone, pull that out instead and decide to give it a go anyway? After all at worst you only lose a few seconds and considering all the weird shit that's just happened it's not like this thing actually summoning help would be all that ridiculous right?

30. Pipeman

Pipeman Well worn.

As far as I recall it only heals normally and magic generally doesn't do shit to heal it, which is pretty bad since Aggravated damage is otherwise just like lethal damage, which means you get to go through all the shit a normal human in the real world goes through when being stabbed or something.

Also, what the fuck?!
    We used holy attacks against her?
    We are a Compassion 5 character and Aggravated Damage is cruel as fuck.
    More to the point, Agravated damage is a horrible idea if you're intending to incapacitate someone.
    I guess with stats as low as we have, Soak might have made it necessary, but seriously Aggravated Damage.
    I'm surprised that didn't require a comapssion roll.