1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

I will become God-Harem King of the World! [Highschool DxD/Exalted] (CLOSED)

Discussion in 'Questing' started by Alexander, Jan 23, 2014.

1. Pipeman

Pipeman Well worn.

Those with a "-".

2. Alexander

Alexander That is not dead which can eternal lie

I played it. I made it a Second exactly because it isn't used for combat. Unless you mean Social Combat. What do you all think is best for Presence? First or Second Excellency? Present an argument is possible.

3. Pipeman

Pipeman Well worn.

It ultimately comes down to whether or not we want to cause larger Willpower drain the times we do get through (First Excellency) or want to get through to people more reliably (Second Excellency).
    It essentially depends on how likely we consider it for our opponents to be willing to spend Willpower to resist and how important we consider draining their Willpower to be, which ultimately boils down to whether we want to hold epic shonen-esque speeches from time to time to inspire heel-face turns or at least get the support of people who aren't disposed that well towards us or whether we want to be an all around more convincing guy.

Personally I'd prefer the First Excellency both stylistically and because we'll likely want to be able to cause lots of Willpower drain the first time Imprudent Infatuation saddles us with someone who doesn't melt like butter in the first conversation.

4. Bloodshifter

Bloodshifter The Bio-Armor Lover

Also I prefer 1st to 2nd my self.

Not to mention I support Be All You Can Be charming all our harem no doubt SOLAR!ISSE can handle every girl we woo at once multiple times over and more. But no doubt he has more then a few Eroges with Bi Endings (Girl/Girl/Guy).

5. Pipeman

Pipeman Well worn.

All hilarity of Issei misusing stuff for perverted purposes aside, I'm somewhat worried about the frequency we'll Limit Break at and what that might to to the harem dynamics.
    Some social charms like this to handle the fallout seem almost mandatory.

6. Alexander

You prefer 1st. Alright, "Consensus Populi" as they say.

-Difficulty is set as: Easy. Which isn't an automatic win because out there is full of Beasts with the Capital "B".
    -Presence Excellency is back to First.

I would also like to remember you the other source of Combat Charms: Martial Arts. Celestial Martials Arts to be precise.

Edit: I will update both my Exalted Quests today.

7. Heaven Canceler

Heaven Canceler Behind You!

[X] As you search through your pockets for your phone to call help, you stumble on the scrap of paper that strange girl gave you. Supposedly it is used for a summoning. Well, since the supernatural is apparently real and you don't have many options, it should be worth at least a try. Not like it's going to take you very long.
    [X] If it doesn't work, go and bring Yuma to the Hospital.

You know, if Rias helps us we will be in her debt, leaving us with a direct connection to canon happenings.

Will we see OC's that we can woe for our Harem? Because if I see it right, Issei is going to to fall in love quite often. Good for us that we are using super-powered social-fu, or School Days would be a joke considering the amount of power some of the People have. Hell, if we make Rias cry, just as an example, her brother is going to do horrible things to us and if we die, even if that would be hard, we end up in... hell or heaven, or Hades underworld? Do we know if the heaven and hell are actual afterlifes in DxD, or just the places where Devils and Angels live???

8. Pipeman

Pipeman Well worn.

Well, at least we'll only fall in love for 5 days every 3.5th time in which we see a girl get hurt.

Aside from that, does anyone else have an opinion on how to spend our BP?
    Odds are we're going to be involved in more serious Social Combat now, so we should really decide on how to spend our points already.

9. Malcolmo

Malcolmo Insert custom title here

I'd suggest focusing our exalted stuff on social and magical stuff, since our boosted gear and training can make up for any issues in combat. Also as far as social stuff goes we should also get something of a boost with women due to Draig's aura.

10. Heaven Canceler

Heaven Canceler Behind You!

No experience with Exalted, what would be good Point use???

11. P_D

P_D Know what you're doing yet?

While i don't know much about Exalted, having good social skills can be really useful in this setting.

12. Pipeman

Pipeman Well worn.

Well, if you look further up I've already made my proposal, but I think I might outline the two basic courses of action I see a bit more:

[ ] Pipeman distribution 1:
    2 dots of Appearance (8 BP)
    5 dots of Occult (5 BP)
    4 dots of Presence (4 BP)
    1 dot of Resistance (1 BP)

It'd make us reasonably competent in social and gives us a decent fundation for magical stuff.
    That said, the biggest issue with that plan is that it relies on us wanting to do Sorcery, us being able to learn Sorcery Spells despite having no Sorcery books or alternatively Occult being useful in learning the native magic system.
    The first is a question of taste, the second and third is something the ST needs to answer before we commit to this.

Basic paths of combat oriented advancement from there are actually getting some Sorcery (though it should be noted that Sorcery isn't that good for direct combat but for buffs, summoning and eradicating armies of mooks), working our way up to Resistance 5 and the Perfect Defense that unlocks and possibly getting 1-3 dots in MA and a few Fist of the Daystyle Charms to have basic combat at least.

For non-combat advancement, we could get some Presence Charms or get some of our Social and Mental Attributes up to snuff.

[ ] Pipeman distribution 2:
    3 dots of Appearance (12 BP)
    2 dot of Resistance (2 BP)

If Sorcery and native magic is unviable or considered undesirable, I'd advise going with this.

It'd slant us heavily towards Social Combat for the moment, but we'd have an easier time getting our Perfect Defense and by having no need to invest in Sorcery stuff we'd have a far easier time getting up to 3 dots in Martial Arts and a few Fist of the Daystar Charms.

Not quite sure where we'd want to go once we become somewhat competent in fighting.
    I'd say we either concentrate on more social stuff from there or get some crafting going.

The main issue with this is that we'd have a hard time becoming really outstanding in anything due to the suboptimal way Issei's points were distributed, but to be honest even a suboptimal Solar is a Solar so odds are we can still have loads of fun.

13. Nervaqus987

Nervaqus987 Well worn.

The Salina Working should be up and running, provided it's working as intended, so we're good on that front.

The Salina Working, for non-Exalted buffs, is a massive First Age magical working that encompasses all of reality, even realms undiscovered, with an effect that allows anyone who desires to learn Sorcery to be able to learn it with coincidence and happenstance guiding them through the Five Trials and allowing them to learn spells simply by observing the world.

So that means, yes, if we dedicate enough effort into it, we could eventually learn to cast, say, Magma Kraken by reading tentacle hentai.

14. Pipeman

Pipeman Well worn.

Fair enough, but I'd still say it's better to wait for confirmation before going this path.
    Better safe than sorry and all that.

Any other things I might have missed or you disagree with?

15. Happerry

Happerry The Song to the Flame

Maybe, maybe not. Remember, if the Salina Working was.. well, working, the natives should already know Essence Sorcery. Checking with the DM is a good thing.

16. cyberswordsmen

cyberswordsmen I trust you know where the happy button is?

Actually is explicitly states that they are gaining knowledge and skill magically when buying favored and caste charms it is part of the magic of the exaltation.

Everything else has a training time which represents them seeking out the knowledge or experimenting to find it themselves. So they do need a teacher or time to experiment. Solars are good enough at learning that they can get buy with experimentation but it isn't preferred.

So he could magic himself a PHD level knowedge but would need marital arts lessons to learn anything other than solar hero style. He wouldn't be able to learn stealth without a teacher or lots of time spent sneaking around and learning the hard way.

Here's my take on the charm selection.

Integrity-Protecting Prana (5m, 1 wp)- Usefullness varies depending on what you consider a shaping technique in this crossover.
    First Presence Excellency (1m for roll)- Which excellency is a matter of preference first is less reliable but gives more potential power the second is dependable but less chances for great success.
    Enemy-Castigating Solar Judgment (2m)-This would be useless but you made pretty much all meaningful threats creatures of darkness so it is pretty OP.
    Durability of Oak Meditation (3m)- Not sure if this is that good. Soak is really only that good if you have lots of it, and armor. It is better to not get hit in the first place a dodge charm would be better.
    Ox-Body Technique (one -0 health level)-Tanking hits is a bad idea as even with this we would only have 8 health levels. This isn't really worth a charm. Better to avoid getting hit.
    Spirit Strengthens The Skin (1m for die)-same.
    Second Craft Excellency (2m for success)-This is a good choice.
    Object-Strengthening Touch (5m)-Not sure how useful this one is. Craftsman Needs No Tools may be a better choice.
    Durability-Enhancing Technique (3m)-Not sure how useful this one is. Craftsman Needs No Tools may be a better choice.
    Monkey Leap Technique (3m)-More useful than you think it gives great combat mobility.

I would recommend swapping some of the soak charms for something offensive and one of the craft charms for CNNT. Other than perfect soaks, tanking hits is a bad idea in exalted as at least 1 damage dice gets trough automatically, which means that even with OBT he will only survive 16 hits that are completely soaked, even with the charms. And for most of that he would have no ability to retaliate as the wound penalty would drop his offensive abilities down enough that he has a 0% chance of hitting an opponent. Even untrained ones.

Ability wise Issie should probably have more than one dot of presence considering how well he gets girls to like him in the series once he manages to speak with them one on one. Similarly he probably has at least 2 dots of charisma if not 3. The reason he fails socially is that he tries to use his manipulation for social interactions when he is trying to pick up girls. Which is truly one dot.

Virtues are mostly good although I would peg him a compassion 4 but 5 works fine as well. He is clearly temperance 1. Willpower 8 is fitting as well.

17. John At Dawn

John At Dawn Seeker of Answers

...The First Age was weird.

Corvus 501 likes this.
  18. Silversun17

Silversun17 Connoisseur.

the solars were slowly going nuts remember?

victor janus likes this.
  19. Pipeman

Pipeman Well worn.

Eh.

Regarding the Soak choices, personally I see them as being somewhat in character picks additionally limited by what Issei had access to before he spent any BP, so they aren't really supposed to be optimized at all.
    And Issei didn't have any Dodge so that wasn't an option.
    Besides, he is going to walk around in a suit of powerarmor sooner or later, so Soak isn't too bad.
    That said, I do agree that OBT seems kind of weird, especially since he could have afforded Iron Skin Concentration (the only prerequisite for the Perfect Defense in the Resistance tree left) instead.

The Crafting Charms seem more like an ICly motivated choice, so there's not too much to say there except that Issei doesn't meet the prereqs for CNnT anyways.

As for offensive Charms, we have no dots whatsoever in the offensive abilties so that's a crapshoot and they are way too expensive to buy with BP when we need to make up for so much else already.

As for the ability thing, you can pretty much justify that with him using his specialty in most of his succeful interactions, rapidly improving his skills in that field and his early successes generally not being as hard.

20. Alexander

Post is soon, let me write it. In the meantime

-Don't worry about not finding a Book of Sorcery and the like, I got it covered.
    -I choose the first ten Charms based on Issei's initial Stats. He is meant to be subpar at the start, that's why you have Bonus Points: to start personalizing him. Later with Xp you can do the same. I thought OBT was okay, but meh. Following Pipeman's suggestion and replacing it with ISC, but this is the last time I will allow changes. I recognize my inexperience, but if I want to be a serious GM I have to put a limit.

For Boosted Gear I have prepared this rough draft:
    Artifact: 5 (Longinus. 'nuff said.)
    Description: Sould-bound Artifact
    Form: Single Gauntlet
    Speed: 5
    Accuracy: +0
    Damage: +4B
    Defense: +2
    Attune: 5 (the cost to call it out)

Effects: with the first Boost it creates an Overdrive Pool of Essence equal to double the user's motes in the Personal Essence. This Essence can be used only for offensive tactics, not defensive ones. Double again the Overdrive Pool every ten seconds. The maximum amount of Boosts is (Stamina+Essence)X3. Once the limit is reached, or if the user desires so, there is "Explosion": the user can use 10 motes from the Overdrive Pool to temporarily raise one Physical Attribute by one dot, with a maximum of two dots for Attribute. The rest of the motes can still be used only for offense. The effects of "Explosion" last for a number of minutes equal to the user's unmodified Stamina. At the end a -1 Fatigue Penalty is inflicted.

This is still incomplete of course. But what do you think so far?

21. Robotninja

Robotninja Connoisseur.

It should be Artifact N/A based on what it can do later on.

22. Larekko12

Larekko12 Connoisseur.

Sounds pretty cool. Can we make it a Spear?

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
  23. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

It's a gauntlet that turns into a suit of power armor. We don't want a spear.

Ddraig's later abilities can probably be counted as evocations. Maybe really broken ones but the idea of artifacts gaining powers and leveling up is a thing in 3E.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
  24. Happerry

Happerry The Song to the Flame

Isn't this quest being run in 2ed though?

25. Larekko12

Larekko12 Connoisseur.

Power Armor you say?

26. Pipeman

Pipeman Well worn.

I'm not really liking how the maximum amount Overdrive pool is calculated.
    We're only at Essence 3 with Stamina 2 and maxing that stuff out would give us 32768 motes, which just does not seem realistic or necessary.

That said, with Sorcery being confirmed as an option, I'm willing to throw an actual vote behind:

[X] Pipeman distribution 1:
    5 dots of Occult (5 BP)

27. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

Yup. (warning, don't watch this at work)

Yeah but 2E doesn't have any rules for artifacts that gain powers as they grow. Consider that a Daiklaive of Conquest is a five dot artifact and all it does is inspire fear in enemies and rally the morale of allies when it's unsheathed, or that the Staff of Peace and Order only buffs your stats and lets you put marks of peace and such on people with a few other powers I'm not thinking of -- and that's what an artifact N/A weapon looks like. Boosted Gear is more like an entire charmset worth of abilities by itself; there's the standard Boost (which is broken by itself if used right), Gift, Balance Breaker, Juggernaut Drive, Illegal Move Trident, all that stuff.

I will also log a vote for

5 dots of Occult (5 BP)

ShadowStepper1300 likes this.
  28. Drakebane

Drakebane Well worn.

5 dots of Occult (5 BP)

29. Pipeman

Pipeman Well worn.

Regarding how to model the Boosted Gear, maybe make the amount of how much you can boost your stats reliant on Stamina + Essence, while also capping the Overdrive pool at just enough motes to do the maximum amount of boosts at once.
    Aside from preventing mote inflation, doubling three or four times at most is likely the only thing you're going to get during a fight anyways.

As a fluff explanation you can use that due to Issei having Essence he hits the maximum amount of energy his body can take before exploding far more quickly and therefor only gets three to four doublings of his power before he's maxed and has to release.

30. Threadmarks: Genesis - Part 3
    Alexander

[X] Pipeman’s Plan
    ----

You have to help her! Even if she tried to kill you can't leave her like that, her injuries may infect. You need to call the paramedics, even if it means answering some awkward questions about her wings.

As you search through your pockets for your phone to call help you stumble on the scrap of paper that strange girl gave you, the one saying "We'll grant your wish". Supposedly it is used for a summoning. Well, since the supernatural is apparently real and you don't have many options it should be worth at least a try. Not like it's going to take you very long.

You look at the weird pseudo-magical circle, trying do discern how it works...

Devil Summoning Magic Circle
    Belonging to the Gremory House of Devils
    Teleportation Method. It works on the selected Devil's own power. The user needs to concentrate on a strong wish to...

"W-What was that?" You blink. Somehow information just flow into your head, as if just by looking at the circle you can understand it. Weird.

"Devil? And Gremory? Like Gremory-sempai?" You recall the foreign and beautiful Ojou-sama one year ahead of you. Is she involved in this occult stuff too?

Only one way to find out.

"I want to help Yuuma. I want to help Yuuma." You chant as you squeeze the paper. After a few seconds it begins releasing a crimson light. On the ground in front of you a bigger and more complicated version of the summoning circle on the paper appears: from it a figure steps out.

"Greetings." The blond pretty boy smiles softly. "I am the Devil you summoned. How can I help you?"

"Kiba-sempai?!" What is the Bishounen Prince of Kouoh Academy doing here? Wait: since he appeared from the circle does this mean... "Are you a Devil?"

He blinks. "Sempai? Are you one of my underclassmen? And..." He points to your forehead. "Why are you glowing?"

You put a hand over it. "I am?"

"Yes. Oh, I can see it even with your hand over it: a golden disk with its lower half empty. Is that why you called me?"

"A golden disk...? Eh? No, you see I was on a date with my first girlfriend, it was our first date, we were having fun but when we arrived here she suddenly said 'will you die for me?'. Then she grew out a pair of black wings: she said she is a Fallen Angel and tried to kill me because I have something called 'Sacred Gear'!"

"I see." His eyes narrow, right hand clenching around the hilt of an invisible blade. "And where is she now?"

You point to Yuuma's unconscious body.

Kiba blinks again. Harder. "Uh. What happened?"

"I am not sure." You scratch your head. "I was bleeding out from a hole in my stomach. Then I had a vision of a giant of light and when it ended the injury was gone. She attacked me again but my hand somehow burst into golden flames and I knocked her out."

"Uh." he says again.

"So, can you help her?"

"She tried to kill you and you want to help her?" He raises an eyebrow.

"Leaving her like that would make me no different from her!" You state your resolve.

"...Your choice." He sighs. You have the feeling he doesn't agree, but have no reason to convince you otherwise. "Fallen Angels rarely operate alone, so it's probable she has companions in the city. If we send her to an hospital she will contact them herself once she wakes up."

"And the wings?" You point out.

"Right." He kneels next to her. A short dagger appears from nothing into his hand. "Don't worry, I will not hurt her. I am not good with magic so I am going to use this ritual dagger to amplify my skills. In the meantime call the paramedics."

"Okay." You dial the emergency number and tell the Medical Guard there is an injured girl in the park. When you are done you turn around and see Yuuma's wings are gone.

"It's better to hide while we wait for the paramedics." You follow your sempai behind a nearby tree: far away enough to escape without being seen but close enough to clearly see the scene.

"So, uhm..." You scratch your cheek. "Now, do I have to firm a contract for my soul or something?" You sure hope not.

"Don't worry, Devils stopped doing that a long time ago." He smiles good naturedly. Normally you would be jealous but the present day is too weird to worry about petty things like jealousy. "Nowadays, depending on the task we are called to carry out, we ask for part of the client's vital energy, a valuable item or just money. For this specific task..." He takes out a sheet of paper and passes it to you. "Can you compile this questionnaire and put a good rating about my services?"

"...This [Devil Summoning] sounds more like a business company's service than a pact with supernatural creatures straight out of Hell." You deadpan.

He shrugs. "Humans aren't the only ones who evolved."

Yes, but your Suspension of Disbelief did not.

When you see the ambulance arrive and the paramedics come out to tend to Yuuma both you and Kiba silently walk away.

"So..." Kiba begins as you two stop under a lamp in a deserted street. "I take you have questions? I have some time, so I can answer a few before I need to go. This is gratis by the way."

Convenient.

What do you do?
    [] Ask him about: Write-in.
    [] Go home.

You are down to:

Personal: 14/17
    Peripheral: 33/40

Willpower: 8/8

-----

The more questions you ask the less information you will receive.