1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

I will become God-Harem King of the World! [Highschool DxD/Exalted] (CLOSED)

Discussion in 'Questing' started by Alexander, Jan 23, 2014.

1. Threadmarks: Genesis - Part 6
    Alexander

Alexander That is not dead which can eternal lie

[X] Smuthunter, Protoss and kinglugia’s Plan

[X] Run with the girl. Goad the thugs into attacking you and dodge around them to reach the girl when they take a swing at you. Sweep the girl off her feet and carry her bridal style, then leap up to a handy fire escape ladder that's just over her head. Use Monkey Leap if necessary.
    --[X] Then, once the girl is safely out of danger...
    ---[X] Good, those fuckers' attention are onto you now. You grinned ferociously at them, intimidating them with your false (?) bravado. "Come get me if you can!" you yelled at them, as you rushed at the nearest thug, dodging his unskilled punch, and stepped on his shoulders. As he straightened himself in surprise, you used him as a spring board and launched yourself at the wall, before kicking yourself from the wall. Like a meteor falling, you introduced the heavily tattooed thug to your fist before he could react.

----

'Okay Issei. First thing to do: don't fight when there is a possible hostage nearby.' You steal a quick glance at the girl: while you are (somehow) confident that you can take those bastards on, if one of them gets the brilliant idea of using her as a leverage against you things will get ugly. So you need to put her out of danger, but how?

You raise your head and see the fire escape ladder above her. One with the part connecting it to the street trashed and thus unusable.

You smirk. Perfect. "Hey ugly faces! Can we got over this already? There is a film I want to see at home and you're wasting my time." You taunt the delinquents.

Their answer is a wordless roar of rage as they start running towards you, weapons swinged wildly. You are aware one of them is directly behind you and thus he is in the perfect position to land a surprise attack you cannot see, and that's something you cannot let him do. So the moment they move you do the same, running straight towards the thug currently between you and the brown-aired girl.

He twirls his chain and takes a swing at you. You bend your knees, put both palms on the ground and swipe your leg under him, causing him to fall. You stand up and run past him, your feet driving his face into the concrete, and land right next to the girl.

"Sorry about this! You can slap me later!" You tell her before sweeping her off her feet into a bridal carry.

Such smooth and supple skin-No! Bad Issei! Bad!

"Kyaaah!" She squeals as you bend your knees and jump with incredible grace and speed, covering two floors with every leap. Once you reach the rooftop you let go of her.

You flash her your best smile (hoping you don't come out as creepy). "Stay here while I deal with them, okay?" Before jumping down.

"W-Wait!"

You land in front of them, a ferocious grin on your face. The bravado of earlier doesn’t seem so false anymore.

"Come get me if you can scumbags!" You raise both arms in what you hope is an acceptable boxing stance. You rush at the nearest thug, dodging his unskilled punch, and step on his shoulders with a short jump. As he straightens himself in surprise you use him as a spring board and launch yourself at the wall before kicking yourself from it. Like a meteor falling from the sky you introduce the heavily tattooed thug's face to your fist before he could react. The blow sends him crashing into a couple of trashcans and he doesn't stand up.

Sadly as you land one of the four remaining thugs sneaks up on you and thrusts his knife into your chest. You brace for the pain...

Clank!

And blink at the sound of steel against steel. Looking down you discover a surprising fact.

Your skin turned the color of steel. No, it is steel. You also instinctually know it will return to normal once the knife is no longer touching you and that activating it again costs very little of the golden energy.

You smile at your supposed and dumbfounded murderer, the second one this evening. Then you hit him: first a punch in the stomach, followed by a knee into the family's jewel and finally an uppercut in the chin.

One down, three to go.

"What the hell? What the hell are you, you freak!?" One thug with a Mohawk stutters as he stares wide-eyed at you, his two friends mirroring his actions.

You smirk and step forward confidently. You flip back a bang of hair, you Caste Mark appearing for an instant.
    "...Is this really the same perverted kid from before?"
    "I am a Hero."
    "I told you so, dragon."
    What do you do now?
    [] Continue attacking with your fists!
    -[] Stunt: (Write-in)
    [] Find a weapon or something!
    -[] Stunt: (Write-in)
    [] Write-in.
    ----

Personal: 9/17
    Peripheral: 33/40

Willpower: 8/8

You made a Three-die Stunt! You gain 1 Xp!
    ----

You know writing Issei is surprisingly fun. Maybe I can blame it to the Exaltation, but I believe I can make an Issei that is both Awesome, Perverted and completely Likeable.

2. Bloodshifter

Bloodshifter The Bio-Armor Lover

Hey Alex you might want to remove the BP from the sheet. And update it.

3. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

I believe we can scatter what's left of them with a Presence check for intimidation. Since we're obviously supernatural and seemingly invincible, they have to make a valor check at difficulty 5 to not either run or be incapacitated with fear at this point.

[X] You weren't so sure about it before, but now you have proof that these lowlifes are no match for you. Your grin turns faintly predatory as your enemy's morale falters; one of them begins taking steps back, edging towards the open end of the alleyway. In the back of your head you recognize that this is one of those infinitesimally rare opportunities for you to say something really cool...

(...but I can't think of any sufficiently-cool lines.)

He's likeable and awesome to start with, he just needs to dial back the enthusiasm a little and stop acting like a drooling fanboy whenever a pair of tits appears in his line of sight. Getting laid would probably help with that.

Metraprix12 and Least Devotee like this.
  4. Pipeman

Pipeman Well worn.

Actually, I'm not sure I'm very eager to fight 6 guys unlikely to touch us with a dicepool that will still take forever to get them down.

We don't seem to have spent our BP yet, but if we bought Presence up to 5, Appearance up to 4 and Alex allows us to use the opening of the momentary shock for a social attack in spite of this being real combat, we'd probably stand very decent odds of intimidating them into running away.
    I have a very hard time seeing these guys have mor than a MDV of 2 and with our Excellency and applying our Specialty we'd have 15 dice plus a Stunt to throw at them.
    Odds are very good that they'd have to spend at least 3 Willpower to resist and given that they honestly should have much more than 4 total, and mortals have few ways to regain it, they should not be willing to do so at all.

And ninja'd.

5. Silversun17

Silversun17 Connoisseur.

[X] You weren't so sure about it before, but now you have proof that these guys are no match for you. Your grin turns faintly predatory as your enemy's morale falters; one of them begins taking steps back, edging towards the open end of the alleyway. You step forward closing the distance between you and the thugs. "I think it's time to bring this dance to an end. Now make a choice, will it end with your retreat? Or your defeat?" You raise your firsts before you like a boxer, making it obvious that if they hesitate, you'll choose for them.

6. Alexander

The BP aren't spent yet. Like I said you will have soon the occasion to spend them.

7. Pipeman

Pipeman Well worn.

In that case the intimidation attempt might actually get a bit hard.
    At most we'll have 9 dice to throw at them and they'll have an MDV of about 2 + Appearance, Virtue, Intimacy or Motivation modifiers.
    I mean, odds are still pretty good we'll get through their DV at least, but if they have Virtue, Intimacy or Motivation modifiers in play, it's not very likely we'll force them to spend more than a single point of Willpower, which they very well might be willing to, if they seriously have a Virtue, Intimacy or Motivation in play.
    That said, it still has a decent enough chance to succeed and I am more willing to do this than bother fighting through them all.

[X] You weren't so sure about it before, but now you have proof that these lowlifes are no match for you. Your grin turns faintly predatory as your enemy's morale falters; one of them begins taking steps back, edging towards the open end of the alleyway. In the back of your head you recognize that this is one of those infinitesimally rare opportunities for you to say something really cool...
    "You know, until now I was too busy making sure the lady was safe to really bother with you. But, obviously, that has changed and if you really want to keep going..." As you crack your knuckles intimidatingly golden light envelopin you seems to momentarily intensify, "I am willing to let you try."

Tried my hand at adding the speech. not sure how much I like it.

8. Larekko12

Larekko12 Connoisseur.

[X]Attack with your fists.
    [X]With the Lady safe you feel emboldened to Great Justice! And intimidating these fools so much they never lay a hand on a woman in anger again.
    "A man that lays a hand on a woman in anger is no man at all! Wretched Sinners let me show you your Place." You Leap hitting the wall befor rebounding elbow leading with force of a rocket , the glare of your aura and the force of your presence denying all response. You land and duck under the suprpised strike of your next opponent coiling into a ball and exploding into a gut punch the whole of your body behind you closed straight fist. You step into it and around back to a wall and ready to move.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
  9. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

Hmm...

Oh! Wait a sec!

And you've got the perfect line to use!

"Say. You know that knife, if I was a normal person you have to know that could have killed me, right? So that means you intentionally tried to kill me, right?"

You put your best game face on, doing your best to appear murderous and bloodthirsty. The punks look like they're about to shit themselves. You clench one fist, and the sound of your knuckles crackling echoes like firecrackers down the alleyway.

"That means whatever happens to you now... YOU CAN'T COMPLAIN, RIGHT?!"

You take one giant step forward as if to charge. The punks scream like a flock of terrified schoolgirls and stampede for the safety of the street.

Shador, TheWave, Darik29 and 4 others like this.
  10. Happerry

Happerry The Song to the Flame

[X] Smuthunter's plan

11. MHLord

MHLord Why hello there.

[X] Smuthunter's plan

12. Mu-Sensei

Mu-Sensei No Work, No Life.

Very sorry. I was on mobile at the time, so I just skimmed through the posts.

Credit where its due, I'm agreeing with your plan once more:

[X] Smuthunter's plan

13. cyberswordsmen

cyberswordsmen I trust you know where the happy button is?

This is mostly up to GM ruling anyway but I don't think that solar charms work quite like that aesthetics wise. Solar charms are supposed to be aspects of immense skill and ability, they don't do the things they do because they have magic that lets them do it they are just that badass.

Literally turning his skin to iron doesn't really fit that paradigm. In practice it would be more along the lines of him bracing himself and being just that badass that he is as tough as iron.

A literal transformation into iron is more a infernal, or earth aspect terrestrial type of thing.

Corvus 501 likes this.
  14. Happerry

It depends. You can have lots of different thematics for things like that, and while actually having steel skin probably isn't one of the most common, it isn't out of question.

While solar charms do come from being just that badass, they are still actively supernatural abilities. And Iron Skin Concentration (Which is what I assume we used), carries the Obvious Tag. Which means it is blatantly supernatural.

Maybe it could have been done by having glowing sunlight run out of his cast mark and form a skin tight forcefield. Maybe he simply burns with the fire of the sun, becoming more real then the knife so it is unable to effect him. Maybe he sheds off the top layer of his skin, taking most of the force with it. (Though that's more a lunar version..) You can fluff that kind of thing a lot of ways. But having your skin become as iron for a brief moment is definitely within the realm of possibilities.

TheWave, Corvus 501 and Least Devotee like this.
  15. Odysseus2099

Odysseus2099 Versed in the lewd.

Not really? From my understanding Solars are about being perfect at everything humans can do. In this case humans can tense there muscles to reduce the damage of a blow, so Solars do it perfectly reducing it to zero. As for the Obvious tag, it's pretty obvious that a knife shouldn't just bounce off someone, right?

[X] Smuthunter's plan

Corvus 501 likes this.
  16. Nervaqus987

Nervaqus987 Well worn.

Eh...

You certainly can Stunt your defenses as you tensing your muscles so hard that a mere knife cannot pierce them, or you can stunt it as a barrier of Solar Essence blocking the attack, or yes, your skin becoming steel under your Essence's influence.

As for the Obvious tag, straight from the Core book, pg 183:

17. protoss16

protoss16 Know what you're doing yet?

It seems to me that exalted has the most advanced in-universe meta game.

Ananasmagos and BlackTitanOdin like this.
  18. kinglugia

kinglugia A Randy Avian

Oh! Hora.
    Aww...but I wanna blast them off...wait...
    *reads Smuthunter's plan*
    Hmm...let's see...

And you've got the perfect line to use!

"Say. You know that knife, if I was a normal person you have to know that could have killed me, right? So that means you intentionally tried to kill me, right?"

You put your best game face on, doing your best to appear murderous and bloodthirsty. The punks look like they're about to shit themselves. You clench one fist, and the sound of your knuckles crackling echoes like firecrackers down the alleyway.

"That means whatever happens to you now... YOU CAN'T COMPLAIN, RIGHT?!"

You know what they say about cornered dogs and all~
    -[X] If the punks, in their fear, decided to attack you in desperation, well then, it would be up to you to teach them a lesson they would never forget! Dodging under one of the punks' desperate stab, you grabbed his overextended arm and disarmed him of his knife, breaking it in the process, before kneeing him in the solar plexus. As he moaned in pain, you twirled him around, and with a mighty heave, threw him back at his comrades. In their yells of confusion and pain, you tensed your muscles, mentally activating that iron skin trick, before rushing at them, as though you were the bowling ball and them the pins.

19. Drakebane

Drakebane Well worn.

[X] Smuthunter's plan

Lone Wolf 666 likes this.
  20. Threadmarks: Genesis - Part 7
    Alexander

[X] Smuthunter’s Plan
    (I can’t give you another Xp for the magnificent scene, but know you deserved it)
    -----

You weren't so sure about it before, but now you have proof that these lowlifes are no match for you. You, once a completely average boy, is kicking the asses of armed thugs and being awesome at it! Your grin turns faintly predatory as your enemy's morale falters; one of them slowly steps back, edging towards the open end of the alleyway. In the back of your head you recognize that this is one of those infinitesimally rare opportunities for you to say something really cool...

And you've got the perfect line to use! 'Watch over me, oh strongest in Ikebukuro!'

"Say..." You begins slowly, one hand on your neck as you tilt slightly your head to the side. "You know that knife, if I was a normal person you have to know that could have killed me, right? So that means you intentionally tried to kill me, right?"

"That means whatever happens to you now... YOU CAN'T COMPLAIN, RIGHT?!" You shout the last part. You take one giant step forward as if to charge.

The punks scream like a flock of terrified schoolgirls and run away to the safety of the street.

You take a deep breath and exhale. "Totally awesome." You sigh in ecstasy. If only Matsuda and Motohama could see you now, they would die of envy.

"Hey! What about me?" You hear the girl calling. Right! You forget about her. When you reach the rooftop she is looking at you with a half-curious, half-disbelieving expression, one eyebrow raised and arms crossed under her magnifi-chest, you mean crossed over her chest.

"Quoting Shizuo Heiwajima? Really?"

You sheepishly lower your eyes. "Eh, eh eh...it sounded cool to me."

"Nevermind." She sighs. "I never imagined one day I would be thankful to a member of the Perverted Trio for saving me."

The Perverted Trio: you, Matsuda and Motohama. But if she knows that... "You go to Kuoh Academy?"

"Abe Kiyome, third-year and captain of the Tennis Club. And you are Hyodo Issei, correct?"

"Yes!" You bow. "Nice to meet you sempai!"

"Honestly..." She sighs before relaxing and smiling. "Thanks: I mean it. But you shouldn't be so reckless." She scolds you. "Don’t use magic so brazenly in public. This time it went well, but next time you risk to attract the attention of the wrong people."

"Yes, I understand." And then it hits you. "Wait, did you said magic? Abe-sempai, you know about the supernatural?"

She puffs her chest out with pride, making her breast jiggle. You pinch your thigh, hard, to stop yourself from making a perverted face. "The Abe are a family of Beast Tamers with a long tradition. And I am the heir."

"Beast Tamers?"

"It means we specialize in taming and breeding supernatural creatures, like Youkai and European Monsters. Didn't you know? I thought magicians were taught this kind of things from the start."

"Ah no, I am not a magician. I am a Sacred Gear possessor." You correct her. "And to tell the truth I found out about the existence of the supernatural only a hour ago."

You wonder if being almost killed for your hidden talents is a common circumstance in this new world?

"Eh? So you’re a complete neophyte?"

"That's right." You make a perplexed face. "Wait, but if Abe-sempai is a Beast Tamer why didn't you use their help against those guys?"

"Do you think I can walk in the city with my monsters and expose them to anyone to see?!" So something convenient like a pokeball doesn't exist? She looks away, her cheeks reddening. "A-And the little magic I know serves only to take care of them, so it couldn't be helped!"

M-MOE!!!

Pinch. Harder.

"Now, Hyodo-san, I would be most grateful if you help me get down to the street." She glares at you. "Without the bridal carry." You gulp and nod.

You help her down, her right arm over your shoulders and your left arm around her waist. The two of you then, without exchanging a single word, walk together until you reach an intersection. "My house is that way." She points in the opposite direction of your house. Pity.

"And mine is on the other side. Take care Abe-sempai."

You start to walk away, but she suddenly calls out to you. "Wait!" You turn to look at her. "If you have questions about the supernatural come see me at the Tennis' Club. Since you helped me I am now obliged to do the same. Don't waste my good-will, do you understand?"

"Yes, of course Abe-sempai." Satisfied she leaves. You stand there, unmoving, for a few seconds.

And then utter a single word.

"Tsundere?"

....Naah. You can’t say that yet.

-----

Five minutes later you enter your home, remove your shoes, greet your parents (who give you a cursory glance and a "Hello." before going back to the TV), go into your room and collapse on your bed like a sack of potatoes.

"So..." You turn around and stare at the ceiling. "Today I had my first date with my first girlfriend. My girlfriend turned out to be an Angel fallen from Heaven and she almost killed me. I was saved by a golden giant who gave me kung-fu bullshit superpowers. Kiba Yuuto, the Prince of Kuoh Academy, is a Devil. I have something called Sacred Gear given to me by the God of the Bible that is apparently a threat to the Fallen Angels. I beat six delinquents like a boss. The captain of the Tennis Club tames Youkai in her free time. All of this happened in a single evening."

You pause.

"And this is only my first day as a member of the so-called Moonlit World." Your face turns aghast. "Just how much worse the rest will be?"

At least you're alive: if it wasn't for The Unconquered Sun you would be dead now. You hope to meet him against to thank him properly.

With a sigh you remove your clothes, put on your pajama and go under the covers.

Sleep arrives almost immediately.

-----

The sight from there is breathtaking: brilliant towers of white stone and blue crystal rise in front of you, a city with a structure almost alien but so right. Outside the city's borders there is fall of hundreds of meters before reaching the ground below. You are standing at the top of the highest tower, a marvel of red-golden glass and metal.

This place isn't your home and yet it feels like home.

"Where I am? What I am doing here?" You ask aloud.

"That..." A male voice says behind you.

"Is what we are here for." A female voice finishes.

The flapping of wings.

To be continued....
    ----

This is where you are going to spend the BP. Due to limited time you can do only two things (increase two Attribute, one Attribute and one Ability, one Attribute and one Charms...), but there isn't a limit to the number of dots added, beside of course the limit of 5 dots.

21. ShadowAngelBeta

ShadowAngelBeta Well worn.

SOCIAL!... *Clears Throat* Right, sorry.

Anyway social and resistance? Resistance is for soaking all types of damage or only certain kinds, that's one of the few things I haven't been able to pick up yet. A tank that could talk anyone down could work pretty well, especially with our high compassion, Limit, and all of the beautiful women we could end up in a fight with.

22. Happerry

Resistance does not directly effect your soak (That's stamina), but it is what you use to determine, for example, for trying to do long distance running, poison resistance, plague resistance, not breaking to torture, surviving in hostile environments (Not the 'find food' part of survival, but the 'do you freeze to death in the arctic' part of it), ability to survive without food or water, ability to hold your breath, sleep deprivation..

Basically Resistance doesn't directly effect combat ability, but it does effect a lot of other side things that often will directly effect your ability to fight back instead of falling over as a poisoned starving wretch with a full body sunburn. As well, it's also the ability you need if you want to wear heavy armor all the time without taking fatigue penalties.

Edit : Though Resistance charms do often effect your defenses with important things such as 'Immunity to Everything Technique' which makes you flat out immune to pretty much any poison or sickness thing ever, and 'Body-Mending Meditation' which can increase your healing rate by a factor of 10 or can be used to stack with actual medical treatment and other healing charms, whichever would be faster. It also has the soak and hardness defense charm trees, as well as the 'I summon armor out of raw magic energy' charm.

23. Fellgar

Fellgar Connoisseur.

ATTRIBUTES!!!!!

Charisma and Manipulation. Attributes take forever to raise through training so use the bonus points to improve our really weak attributes. We are kind of okay in our physical and mental stats but our social attributes suck... a lot! And since we want to be the harem king we need to focus on those for a bit.

[X] Charisma & Appearance

24. Happerry

Yah.. Skills are easier to raise then stats. Or at least are faster to raise.

25. John At Dawn

John At Dawn Seeker of Answers

I can't help but think that if we raise Appearance, people's reactions at school would be funny.

Least Devotee likes this.
  26. MHLord

MHLord Why hello there.

[X] Pipeman

27. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

I just realized I need a victory dance gif.

Issei would get a lot more mileage out of Charisma unless we're going to specialize in being manipulative and Lelouch-like in our personal interactions. That opens up higher chances of success with things like getting Gaspar to come out of his shell or convincing the former RDEs to bail out of the Boosted Gear so we can make Crimson Queen Mode. Not that we necessarily will, but those options will be more open to us if we're acting and rolling like a shonen hero. Manipulation might be better for getting more girls into the harem since human girls are going to need some convincing, but Rias and the rest don't have any particular biases against polygamy so we can get the canon harem together just with charisma checks.

Canonically Issei starts being considered really attractive by the girls at school starting around book 5 when he comes back from Tanin's training with a shitload of muscle growth. Doing that overnight instead of over summer vacation is likely to raise some eyebrows, but I can't think of anyone we would need to hide that from; Kuoh is mostly just full of potential allies, Raynare aside.

Least Devotee likes this.
  28. Bloodshifter

Bloodshifter The Bio-Armor Lover

I have to agree with Charisma and Socialize.

29. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

Socialize? Do you mean social attributes? Because Socialize will help our ability to interact with large numbers of people ranging from parties all the way up to societies, which might be necessary later but probably not in the immediate future.

I dunno if we're voting but I'm going to go ahead and say

[X] Charisma & Appearance

30. protoss16

protoss16 Know what you're doing yet?

[X] Pipeman