1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

I will become God-Harem King of the World! [Highschool DxD/Exalted] (CLOSED)

Discussion in 'Questing' started by Alexander, Jan 23, 2014.

1. Bloodshifter

Bloodshifter The Bio-Armor Lover

[X] Three Dots Appearance 1 Dot Charisma.

2. Fellgar

Fellgar Connoisseur.

Compare their training times and then tell me they are not wasteful. ::) I rather we not work for 9 months to get our abilities up compared to the near instant power ups some skills get with some experience applied to them.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
  3. protoss16

protoss16 Know what you're doing yet?

4. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

You missed the part where Alexander confirmed that training times will be compressed when you're doing intensive training, which Issei does pretty much every spare moment that he has.

5. Fellgar

Fellgar Connoisseur.

And you still haven't done it. Cutting training times change the ratio of how long to improve things take. Some are still instant, some take weeks some take months.

So it would be instant, days and weeks in that case. In that case training times still are just as important to consider.

6. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

Even with that taken into consideration we should prioritize things that will help us survive the fights we know we're going to get involved with -- get the skill our magic depends on pumped up as high as it can go immediately rather than betting our lives that we'll have time and experience to train our stats up later. A harem is no good if you're dead before you get to enjoy it, and social fu won't let us talk our way out of most of the battles we're going to face unless we dump a load of points into Manipulation and get a lot of good dice rolls.

7. Larekko12

Larekko12 Connoisseur.

Isn't Occult Favored?

Can't we just buy that right up with a night of study once we get the XP

8. Nervaqus987

Nervaqus987 Well worn.

We're a Twilight, so Occult is Caste.

Which means no, it would go up with a night of study when we get the XP.

It will go up instantly.

9. Alexander

Alexander That is not dead which can eternal lie

Final Tally:

[X] Charisma & Appearance
    , P_D, megrisvernin

[X] Pipeman's Plan
    2 dots of Appearance (8 BP)
    5 dots of Occult (5 BP)
    4 dots of Presence (4 BP)
    1 dot of Resistance (1 BP)
    MHLord, protoss16, Selias, Smuthunter

[X] 2 dots in Stamina.
    [X] 2 dots in Charisma.
    Deathwings, Happerry, Drakebane

[X] 1 dots in Stamina.
    [X] 3 dots in Charisma.
    kinglugia

[X] Three Dots Appearance 1 Dot Charisma.
    Eler0, Larekko12, Heaven Canceler, Fellgar, Bloodshifter

It's a tie. First to get three votes (starting from now so everyone can vote) wins.

P.S.: In case Pipeman's plan win we will start with Appearance and Presence since the next day is time for social fu. Later you can decide if continue with Occult and Resistance or switch to something else.

Edit: wait no, Three Dots Appearance 1 Dot Charisma won. My bad: update coming...

10. kinglugia

kinglugia A Randy Avian

Waiting warmly.

11. Selias

Selias Well worn.

You forgot to add Pipeman to the list of people who voted for his idea. Or does it not count, because he didn't actually "[X]" it?

12. Alexander

Urgh! You're right...but considering he only proposed it before I made the voting option I am going with no, it doesn't count.

So prepare to go from "average boy" to "super-ultra-mega bishi in one night and just a bit more charismatic. ^^

13. Dimensionist

Dimensionist Grand Master of Apologism, Keeper of the Faith

Nice. Can't wait to see Issei's reaction when the girls start reacting favorably to him.

14. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

*sigh* I guess this is going to be a very short quest then. We are officially a shonen fighting hero without any shonen fighting skills.

15. Selias

Selias Well worn.

You must have missed the update where he defeated a bunch of thugs without any trouble. Or maybe the part where we have two dots in strength, three in dexterity, two in stamina, and a couple of charms that increase our chances in a fight. Maybe even the part where this quest is on easy mode? I would have preferred getting something other than appearance and charisma, but we won't be dying because of it.

16. protoss16

No matter what, we still have pretty much guaranteed boosted gear growth.

17. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

Beating up a pack of completely normal human thugs is not an accomplishment compared to what we're going to be facing.

18. Selias

Selias Well worn.

Wow. You just ignored everything I wrote after the first 13 words, didn't you?

19. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

Nothing you said is relevant in the face of enemies like Vali and Kokabiel, or god forbid Cao-Cao and friends. Normal Exalts who expect to get in a lot of fights start with 4-5 dots in the relevant attributes plus 4 or 5 more in their combat abilities plus a spread of defensive and offensive charms, of which we have none save for a few damage-reducers. We don't even have a perfect defense for fuck's sake. We suck so fucking hard and there's no guarantee we'll have time to get better before the heavyweights start coming out of the woodwork for us.

20. Selias

Selias Well worn.

Good point. Too bad we can't improve Issei, or something like that..

21. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

:notfunny: Kinda hard to improve when you're dead, yeah. And for some reason there's a cap on how much experience we can earn via stunting, which means experience is at a premium and we have no way to boost our Occult score up to where we want it to be without sinking 25 EXP into it, so even if we do have the time we still have to burn up a lot of EXP that would be much better off being spent on charms.

22. Mu-Sensei

Mu-Sensei No Work, No Life.

Which is even more funny if you consider he calls Kiba "damn handsome".

(I'm abstaining from voting because I don't know much 'bout the system, but enough of RPG to know how much a single dot/point can make of difference)

23. protoss16

I don't know much about it either, I just voted for Pipeman because it was extemely detailed and well informed.

24. Threadmarks: Genesis - Part 8
    Alexander

[X] Three Dots Appearance
    [X] One Dot Charisma

-----

"I can still remember it clearly. The day the three of us met."

You turn around, and couldn't help but be shocked.

It has big eyes the color of pure green emeralds. A jaw that comes up to its ears, where lots of sharp fangs are growing out. There is a thick horn lining up on its forehead, and the scales that covers its body are red like magma. It has thick arms and legs like those of a gigantic tree. The claws look very sharp and terrifying. More than that, its pair of wings that are spread to the sides makes it look even bigger.

In front of you is a Dragon, one similar in form to the one from your Anima Banner. You never saw him before. But somehow you feel like you know this dragon.

"So we meet at least. Finally. Finally, I am able to appear in front of you." The dragon says, revealing himself to be the owner of the male voice.

So then, the other one must be...

You turn your head towards the other figure and like before you find yourself at a loss for words. Not because of shock, but because you're too mesmerized by the sight.

She is haunting beautiful, like the most perfect achievement of one of the great master sculptor of ancient Greece, with long, vibrant red hair and pale skin smooth like marble. Her features radiate authority and wisdom while still being very feminine. On her back a pair of pale luminescent white wings keep her afloat. Even the girls from Kuoh Academy, even the two famous Onee-sama, look like just mediocre when compared to her. Beside the wings she doesn't wear much, just a thin cloth and light armor over her arms, legs chest and crotch, leaving the rest exposed.

"Oppai!" You can't help but shout.

Sling!

And then you have a big fucking sword jammed into your head.

"AAAAAHH!!" You scream and roll on the floor in maddening pain as you could feel every, single, cell in your brain being sliced, crushed and stabbed. At the same time. Repeatedly

"Good grief." The dragon sighs. "And here I was hoping you shitty brat wasn't so shitty anymore. But I see old habits die hard."

"Stop complaining and give me a hand! I'm dying...here..." You trail off as you realize something is very wrong. "Wait a minute. I have a fucking sword lodged into my brain. I should be dead already." You look at your body. "And why I am not bleeding?"

"Because, if you haven't realized it yet, this is merely a projection of your subconscious." The woman finally speaks, voice beautiful like the rest but also laced with contempt and a coldness that could freeze fire. "This is a dream and as such you cannot die here. Pain on the other hand is completely possible."

"Uh, uh." You hand reach out and stop before touching the hilt of the sword. It doesn't hurt as much as before, but the phantom pain makes you cautious. "Still, was braining me appropriate?" You usually got beaten for your perversion, not freaking murdered!

"Of course." She crosses her arms and assumes a sitting position in midair. "It was fitting punishment for showing your base instincts on an inappropriate time instead of waiting to be inside your private quarters."

"...Wait. Let me see if I understand this right." You slowly begin. "You aren't mad because I had perverted thoughts on you, but because I showed them in front of you!?"

"Of course." She says smugly. "It can't be helped if you are enraptured by my beauty, for it is infinitely superior compared to the common females you are used to. Desiring me is only natural, you are not the first and will not be the last. A futile dream of course, but I would a bad Queen if I negate my subjects the pleasure of dreams. Provided they keep them private as it is only proper."

"Narcissism at its finest." The dragon dryly comments.

With an effort of will you grasp the hilt and with a single tug remove the sword from your head. "God Above it hurts!!" Clear, not painlessly. As you rub your (whole again) head you have the chance to look closer at the sword. It's long, taller than yourself, a broad and thin blade made of a material similar to gold. This is...

"Cruel Wisdom..." You whisper. "How do I know its name?"

"Uhmpf, so you're not a complete waste of time." The sword vanishes and reappears in the woman's hands. "We may still make something worthwhile out of you."

"I will go first." The dragon begins. "First, presentations: greetings Hyodo Issei. I am the Welsh Dragon Ddraig, one of the two Heavenly Dragons, the being sealed inside your Sacred Gear."

"My Sacred Gear?"

"Yes. Some rare Sacred Gears have the spirit of a powerful creature sealed inside them. Yours is such a case. Perhaps it's better if you see it for yourself. Raise your left hand, concentrate and say the words: [Boosted Gear]."

"Like this?" You follow his instructions and raise your hand. "Boosted Gear!"

FLASH!

Your arm glows. The light starts to take form and covers your left arm. After the light disappears, there is a dragon-like gauntlet on it: it's a beautiful thing, red with golden linings and sharp claws covering your fingers. The part that covers the back of the hand has a green jewel with a golden hue embedded in it.

"So I was right, the [Twice Critical] stage was completely bypassed." Ddraig muses. "That's Boosted Gear, your Sacred Gear. One of the Thirteen Longinus."

"Longinus?" You ask, still staring at the item on your arm that looks like something Henshin Heroes use. It's pretty cool in your opinion.

"That Devil boy told you about Sacred Gears. What he failed to mentioned is that among them there are thirteen unique Sacred Gears that, once mastered, have the power to kill Gods. The God from the Bible and the Gods from mythologies like the Greek and Japanese ones. All of them could be killed with a Longinus. Boosted Gear, your Sacred Gear, is one of the thirteen Longinus."

"Wait what!?" You stop him, disbelief evident in your face and voice. "Killing Gods? No matter how you spin it, it's too unbelievable!"

"Figures you would say something like that." Ddraig scoffs in amusement. "I got the exact reaction many times. But it's true and there is no deny it. All Longinus have abilities bordering on miracles. Boosted Gear for example has the power to double the user's power every ten seconds. So, saying, if you have power equal to 1 and you're facing someone with power equal to 100, all you would have to do to win is waiting one minute and ten seconds to reach power equal to 128, sufficient to defeat your foe." That's a true cheating ability if you ever saw one. Ddraig then snorts and glances at the winged woman. "Or, more precisely, it's what it was supposed to do before she came along."

"Complaining again dragon? I find it an improvement: merely increasing brute strength is a feature fitting barbarians, not Princes of the Earth like myself and him. Skills after all always trump brute force. I admit that those Sacred Gears are interesting, I never saw a self-improving Artifact bound directly to the soul, but the Gods of this world must be very weak indeed if they fall to trinkets like those."

"So, this-" You raise the gauntlet. "Doesn't multiply my strength anymore?"

"It does multiply, just not your strength." Her wings move gently and the woman descends on the ground. "My turn. You, listen well to my words and imprint them in your memories for they are the Wisdom of Truth: I am the God Queen of Tzatli, Empress of the Gelid Nord, Member of the Copper Spiders, Disciple of the Great Maker Autochthon, Sovereign of the Diamond Hill Province, Sorceress of the Adamant Circle, the one who gave herself the name of Bright Shattered Ice."

You gawk at the litany of titles.

"Just call her Bright Shattered Ice and be done with it. Or hell just Bright." Bright sends Ddraig a dirty look but doesn't objet.

"Referring to me as [Bright] is...acceptable. For now." She grudging admits. "But you obviously meant to enquire about more than my name, so I shall enlighten you. I am a Chosen of the Unconquered Sun just like you are, in fact the power you are using was mine once." With a sweep of her arm that reminds you of a noble showing off her domain she indicates the area around you. "Your duty is to go forth and fight in his name, bringing order back to Creation and chastising the arrogant, traitorous Dragon-Blooded who deluded themselves into thinking they are the masters and not the servants. Invested with the Mandate of Heaven you will gather your Solar Exalted peers and reunite the world into one again!" She finishes with a grand flourish or arms.

Utter and complete silence. Neither you nor Ddraig know how to react.

Bright sneers. "That, is what would normally happen. But judging from your memories I can say with certainty this is not Creation. Already the fact I exist here with all my memories told me something was suspicious, but to think my Exaltation got so lost as to land in a completely different dimension. How unsightly." She sighs and pinches the space between her eyes.

"Brig-Lady Bright." You correct yourself, hoping the honorific would mellow her a bit. "Can you please explain what is going on?"

"You would not understand all the nuances so I will keep it brief." She starts walking around. "I came from a world different from Earth, how you can name your land [dirt] is beyond me, a world called Creation. Your scientists would call it a different dimension. There the land was governed by the Solar Exalts, the Chosen of the Unconquered Sun the supreme God of Creation. Me and many others were gifted with an Exaltation, a shard of divine power that let us surpass human limitations and be able to fight on par with the Primordials, the ancient beings that shaped Creation at the Beginning of Time, defeating them and making humanity the dominant race."

"The Solar troops were composed of Dragon-Blooded, humans who were Exalted by the Five Elemental Dragons: individually weaker than even the weakest Solar, but more numerous. And yet one day by force of intrigue and treachery they rebelled against us, their rightful masters, killing us and locking away our Exaltations. However they paid greatly their folly: sensing weakness the Fair Folk, our eternal enemies, attacked and reduced Creation to a mere shadow of itself."

"But there was hope. For you see destroying an Exaltation is impossible: even when the host die it would just detach itself and search for another worthy candidate to gift with the incomparable potential of a Solar. So all the Dragon-Blooded could do was locking the majority of them away. Yet eventually the prison was breached and my Exaltation, among many others, was free, ready to choose a worthy heir to my power."

She stops and turns toward you.

"Except it somehow ended up here, beyond even the insensate chaos of the Wyld, and bonded with a worthless worm."

You point at yourself. "Me?"

"Correct."

Your head hangs down in shame.

"Wow, way to boost his pride lady." Ddraig comments sarcastically.

"He doesn't need to have his ego boosted, he needs to transcend from worthless worm to respectable Prince of the Earth. Which may be a miracle impossible even for me." She seems to ponder. "Listen worm. Our time is limited so I will keep this brief: you have been blessed twice, both times from a God of high caliber. You not only have the potential but the duty to rise above all mortal beings and unite the world under the glory of the Unconquered Sun. Meanwhile we will search a way to go back to Creation and maybe annex the two worlds. The different laws of physics may pose a problem but nothing that can't be resolved with one or two hundred years of study."

"Ambitious, aren't you?" The Welsh Dragon yawns. "What she means is: there is more you need to know but since now we don't have the time we will tell you the rest another time."

"As the dragon say. Now kneel." She points to the spot in front of you.

"Why?" You step back, fearing for your chastity. You may love hentai, but masochism isn't your thing.

"No need to panick. There is some raw potential left behind after your Exaltation and I intend to use it to increase certain traits of you and ensure you don't die too fast. To learn you need to meditate, and meditation is best done kneeling."

"Ah, alright then...?" You kneel. You are still not sure, but this is a dream so you can't get hurt. Right?

"Shift your feet. Yes like that. Set each of your hand on top of your thighs." As soon as you're done she kneels in front of you. "We shall start with the breathing. First..."

----

You spend the next hours (at least they feel like hours to you) in a sort of trance, your brain empty as you mechanically follow Bright's instructions. You don't really remember most of what she said: something about correct posture, how to assume a confident aura, how to alter the skin's coloration with a balanced diet, seeing through people's motives, the principles of charming courtesans...it just mend all together after a while.

A snap of fingers. You open your eyes, blinking a few times to clear the cobwebs from your head. "That was..trippy." Is all you could say. "So what was that supposed to do? I don't feel any different."

Bright just smirks. As you stand up and stretch you notice Ddraig gaping at you. "What?"

"Great Red's blessing..." He snaps his jaw shut. "This Exaltation thing is the real deal."

"Eh?"

"Nevermind. It's time for you to go brat. Just be careful and don't break too many hearts tomorrow, okay?" He winks.

What is that supposed to-

----

You open your eyes, and a familiar ceiling is in front of you.

Right, that was a dream.

Or not?

"Boosted Gear!"

A red and golden gauntlet appears on your left arm.

Nope, dream or not it was the real thing.

Issei Hyodo, second-year. Issei Hyodo, wielder of the Longinus Boosted Gear. Issei Hyodo, Solar Exalt.

You groan. "Why life can't be easy? All I want are Oppai!" Life, you decide, is unfair.

You look at the clock. It’s 4:30am. Still early. But you don't feel like sleeping anymore.

What do you do?
    [] Try to sleep anyway.
    [] Maybe you can run to sort your thoughts out.
    [] Make breakfast: it's been a while since you last did it.
    [] Suggestions?

Also, what will you tell your parents?
    [] The truth: they deserve to know psychotic angels may murder them to get to you.
    [] Half truth: Yuuma had a few screw loose and threatened your parents. It may be best if they stop going out at night.
    [] Lie: tell them things between Yuuma and you didn't work and you broke out.
    ----

Genesis Arc: Complete.

+4 Xp for surviving the night
    +1 Xp for saving Abe Kiyome like a Boss
    +1 Xp for channeling Shizuo Heiwajima (I said no Xp? I lied!)
    +5 Xp for completing the quest
    ----

This was the longest post so far. Check out for updated Sheet.

25. Selias

Selias Well worn.

[X] Make breakfast: it's been a while since you last did it.

[X] Half truth: Yuuma had a few screw loose and threatened your parents. It may be best if they stop going out at night.

26. kinglugia

kinglugia A Randy Avian

[X] Maybe you can run to sort your thoughts out.

[X] Half truth: Yuuma had a few screw loose and threatened your parents. It may be best if they stop going out at night.

So...do we Stunt this or...?

27. Heaven Canceler

Heaven Canceler Behind You!

[X] Make breakfast: it's been a while since you last did it.
    [X] The truth: they deserve to know psychotic angels may murder them to get to you.

We have 11 XP, is that much for Exalted?

28. protoss16

[X]BISHIE SPARKLE!!! Flip a hair, use a soothing tone.

29. touhou ranfuku

touhou ranfuku Versed in the lewd.

[X] Try to test out your [Longinus], see how it works, which stats you can boost, what's your moment's limit till the time to get back to your normal life.

[X] Half truth.

Actually, I believe Yuuma has already erased everyone who being human's memory about her at this point. So it's no need for Issei to tell his parents about Yuuma, also, they didn't ask him in Vol 1, but maybe they were fooled by Rias and forgot about it.

By the way, Dragon is quite prideful, but if they pray to someone in DxD verse, they only have two beings to pray to: Great Red and Ophis. Bahamut is Sirzech's Peerage by the way. Also, remember Sacred Gear based on their master's desire and emotion to power up.

EDIT: in canon Vali was able to half things and object, not just energy, so Issei can actually boost anything but his stamina.

30. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

For something like two and a half scenes, yeah that's a lot. Normally you would get that much in two or three play sessions. Consider my EXP concerns mostly negated.

Or have Significant Encounters, which are the only kind we're likely to have at 4:30 in the morning.

That was when she wasn't laid up in the hospital with a face full of holy damage. Most likely she hasn't gotten around to it yet.