1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

I will become God-Harem King of the World! [Highschool DxD/Exalted] (CLOSED)

Discussion in 'Questing' started by Alexander, Jan 23, 2014.

1. Alexander

Alexander That is not dead which can eternal lie

Yes, there are sure a lot of possible inspirations. Now, I present you the Experience System:

Experience Costs
    We are using a House Rule specially made for this quest. The range of abilities are divided between Exalted physics and DxD physics

Exalted physics (Favoured or Caste/Not Favoured or Out-of-Caste)

New Trait Xp Cost Training Time

Ability/Specialty 1/2 6 days (3+ hours for day)
    Favoured/Caste Charm 8 (Min. Ability) days (3+ hours for day)
    Out-of-Caste Charm 10 (Min. Ability + Min. Essence) days (3+ hours for day)
    Sorcery Spell 8 (spell circle) weeks (6 days, 3+ hours for days)

Improve Trait Xp Cost Training Time
    Attribute (current rating) x4 (current rating) months (30 days, 3+ hours for day)
    Favoured/Caste Ability/Specialty (current rating x2) -1 Immediate
    Out-of-Caste/Not favoured Ability/Specialty (current rating) x2 Immediate
    Essence (current rating) x8 (current rating) months (30 days, 3+ hours for day)
    Virtue (current rating) x3 Immediate
    Willpower (current rating) x2 Immediate

* In order to count as training you need to push your limits with a skill for an extended period of time, not just using what you’re already comfortable with.

DxD physics (Warning: Incomplete)

Sacred Gear (Sacred Gears are driven with the power of desire. And it also determines the power for it as well. Sacred Gears adapt and evolve based on their wielder’s thoughts, needs, and feelings, gaining abilities or qualities as time passes.)

Norse Magic
    Devil Magic
    Angel Magic
    Fallen Angel Magic
    Black Magic
    White Magic
    Fairy Magic
    Summoning Magic
    Spirit Magic
    Dragon Magic (available thanks to Boosted Gear giving the user a “Dragon Quality”.)
    Rune Symbols
    Onmyouji Arts
    Senjutsu
    Touki
    Reversal Magic

To simplify: Issei runs on Exalted physics, the rest of the world not. When you learn a new move or ability from the DxD physics there is the possibility of it becoming a Charm if it is something intended for combat and rapid-fast use

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
    Least Devotee likes this.
  2. Mu-Sensei

Mu-Sensei No Work, No Life.

How about researching Tsukumogamis (Living Objects)? I'm pretty sure there's a way of making them with magic(even if there's not, we're solars), and having your army of summons coming from common stuff in your pockets is a useful thing too.
    If Issei somehow discovers that teacup maid from Omamori Himari (http://danbooru.donmai.us/posts/885128 - Left) he'd be happy enough.

3. Dimensionist

Dimensionist Grand Master of Apologism, Keeper of the Faith

So, I know nothing about Exalted.

What does it mean for Essence to rise? What benefits does it provide?

4. kinglugia

kinglugia A Randy Avian

Eh, able to use more Charms, because you get more Motes, both Personal and Peripheral, IIRC.
    Motes are like the MP in Exalted but their regen depends on Stunts, I believe.
    [me=kinglugia]not very good at Exalted.[/me]

5. Deathwings

Deathwings Questionable French Guy

Improved Mote Pool and access to the next tier of Charms are the most direct improvement.

6. Dimensionist

Noted. Any other improvements? I've heard people on the VS Debates section talking about how anything above Essence 5 doesn't exist in Lore for PCs, and how Essence 10 is basically just shy of omnipotence ...

7. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

Generally speaking, the power of the charms you can access rises the higher up you go in essence. At Essence 10, for example, there's a Melee charm that allows you to deal arbitrary -- as in infinite -- damage on a successful attack roll (with some restrictions I'm not remembering, probably). If memory serves the caps on your attributes and abilities also rise by one dot for every point of essence you have over 5. However Essence 6-10 is to Exalted what Epic Levels are to D&D; the setting starts to break down once you get to that level, and the game is designed primarily to focus on Essence 1-5 so it's not nearly as well-supported with charms and such.

8. Dimensionist

Thanks. Noted.

9. Nervaqus987

Nervaqus987 Well worn.

The list of Essence Minimums for Charms.

10. Dimensionist

So Essence 10 is Creator+? Cool. The ones after Essence 5 are apparently god-tier abilities, so it might be interesting getting Issei to this level. Issei's currently Essence 1, right? So, Essence 2 - 8 XP, one month. Essence 3 - 16XP, two months. Essence 4 - 24 XP, three months. Essence 5 - 32 XP, four months.

So. In about ten months, we can hit god-tier levels of Essence. And for 80 XP, too, half of which we already have.

11. Eler0

Eler0 Versed in the lewd.

He's at Essence 3 already, according to his Character Sheet.
    Honestly, I'd be surprised if we manage to find the time to get it to 4.

12. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

It's not quite that easy. Getting to essence 5 is all well and good for long-term goals, but if we charge straight ahead to get there without stopping to buy charms and power ourselves up along the way we'll wind up being a paper tiger.

13. Dimensionist

If he's at Essence 3, we should probably get him to Essence 4 as soon as possible, as we won't get it in time later for any events of note.

Well, yeah. It's just that we've got 40 XP right now, so we can afford to get him to Essence 4 *and* spend time buckling down on charms and abilities then.

14. Eler0

We have 40 XP? The Character Sheet says we have 12.

Even if we could afford the XP, I really don't think we could afford to spend 3 months meditating on a volcano to raise our Essence. Luckily, there's a way of bypassing training time for Essence by archiving your Motivation.

15. Nervaqus987

Nervaqus987 Well worn.

The good news is we're at Essence 3 currently.

The bad news is that while we can climb up to Essence 5 at any time, Essence 6+ is off limits until we achieve a level of enlightenment that can be reached only by living beyond a human lifetime.

To reach E6, we need to first live a hundred years.

E7 requires 250 years.

E8 needs 500 years.

E9 needs 750 years.

And for Essence Ten, we need to live a thousand years.

We can cheat, somewhat, by using Glory to the Most High and Divine Transcendence of (Ability) to bootstrap ourselves a level of Essence higher each at E5(we have one? We're effectively E6. Both? E7) but, that's not particularly good for our overall sanity.

16. Alexander

Tally:

[X] Make breakfast: it's been a while since you last did it.
    Selias, Heaven Canceler, Happerry

[X] Maybe you can run to sort your thoughts out.
    kinglugia, protoss16, Smuthunter

[X] Try to test out your [Longinus], see how it works, which stats you can boost, what's your moment's limit till the time to get back to your normal life.
    touhou ranfuku

[X] Try to sleep anyway.
    -[X] Now you can fantasize about the beauty in your head. You're in your private quarters, right?
    Mu-Sensei

[X]Sit up on your bed and try to meditate to order your thoughts. (Attempt to Spend BP and Caste/Favored EXP
    Larekko12

[X] Half truth: Yuuma had a few screw loose and threatened your parents. It may be best if they stop going out at night.
    Selias, kinglugia, protoss16, touhou ranfuku, Smuthunter, Smuthunter, Happerry

[X] The truth: they deserve to know psychotic angels may murder them to get to you.
    Heaven Canceler, Larekko12
    ----

So "Half-Truth" wins, while it's a tie between "Breakfast" and "Running".

17. Heaven Canceler

Heaven Canceler Behind You!

Oh, whatever. Switching to running so the quest won't stall for too Long and it should be an interesting choice anyway. Maybe we will run into Asia or someone else?

18. Pipeman

Pipeman Well worn.

Argh.
    I was busy with learning for finals and didn't really have time for much outside from the Rihaku quest (as entertaining as those are, they can be so damn time consuming).

Did we seroiusly have to blow our BP on Attributes of all things?
    I mean Appearance can maybe be justified, since Appearance is broken and was bought up to 5 dots, but that dot of Charisma?
    A complete and utter waste.

BP are best used buying favoured Abilities up to five dots, since they become more efficient the higher the dot you are buying is and are the most efficient for favored Abilites.
    Case in point, those 4 BP spent on buying a single dot in Charisma could have gotten us 4 dots in Presence, which is really what you need for social combat anyways.
    Not only are those four times as many dice for the same amount of BP, but buying that Charisma dot with XP would only have cost 4 XP, wheras getting those four dots of Presence will now cost us 16 XP.

So in conclusion we are now significantly worse at Social interaction in both the short and long term, because we decided to get a fourth of the dice for four times the price.
    And it's not like our build was anything even remotely resembling competently made in the first place.

Anyways, now that I've gotten that out of my system, current vote seems fine.
    Will take some time to get a more detailed look at the discussion I missed.

19. Alexander

Pipeman! It's good to see you again! You're the voice of reason here: I am the GM and so I must be impartial.

This is still salvageable by the way: you will have occasions to farm Xp.

Running win. Rolling...

[blockquote]Rolled 1d5 : 4, total 4[/blockquote]

20. Pipeman

Pipeman Well worn.

Kind of sad when you are already playing on easy and still have to farm the shit out of XP to remain competitive.
    But, yeah, it being salvageable was never in question, I mean we are a Solar Exalted in a crossover.
    The fact that this is a serious setback remains though.

21. Eler0

But that one point of Charisma would take 1 month to raise, while we could always instantly get Presence,if we have the XP.

22. Pipeman

Pipeman Well worn.

If we'd raised Presence, we'd now have a basic Social dicepool of 6 plus 6 more from our Excellency, 3 from our Specialty and 2 from our Stunts and we could start getting Presence Charms whenever we wanted.
    That's a basic dicepool of 17 dice.
    Having to wait a month until you can raise that to 19 dice is not that big of a deal since 17 is rather respectable in a world with few supernaturally socially capable beings and Social Charms would have made us outright broken on that front anyways, which would have made raising Charisma at all only really sensible if we'd had the XP and hours to spare anyways.
    Instead we right now only have a dicepool of 11 for at least the next few encounters and no access to Presence Charmtree, which makes us far less potent and is likely to cause more issues in the few days we need to accumulate the XP to raise Presence than we'd otherwise face in the entire month of not having 19 dice.

And that's not even going into the fact that those 16 XP are not even close to being a trivial amount and could have been invested much more usefully otherwise.
    We have so much about this character to fix and so many Charms to buy that this delay is actually rather crippling for our advancement.

No matter how you look at it, this was an ouright bad decision.

23. cyberswordsmen

cyberswordsmen I trust you know where the happy button is?

We already have Enemy-Castigating Solar Judgment which halves the MDV of creatures of darkness. Which consists of most of the local powers.

24. Pipeman

Pipeman Well worn.

Which does not in any way, shape or form change the fact that raising Charisma was horribly inefficient.
    In fact, this simply means it makes even less sense to try to get around the training time for raising Charisma since having 19 dice is made even more unnecessary.
    There are no two ways about the fact that this was a bad decision and though I'm willing to live with it I am as sure as hell not going to sugarcoat that fact.

25. Bloodshifter

Bloodshifter The Bio-Armor Lover

Considering that Presence can be instantly raised? The (30*3=90) Hours MINIMUM almost 5 days of back to back Charsima training I thought that Cha was a good buy we are likely never going to actually be able to sink that much effort when we can now ingore it as its at an okay ish level worst enemies we will face will be specced for Battle and E4 on Archangels side as a God is E5 and those are kinda dead. Presence just needs us to spend the exp AND we DO have 2BP left to sink into Occult later.

I admit not having charm tree access sucks but Barring Gremory or Multi winged Angels E2 is standard with those guys E3 and E4(maybe) Lucifiers and Archangels. If we can't handle them armed with our current charms and exp then Something is wrong.

Beast666 and Ophris are E5-E6 but both aren't for a good while.

26. Eler0

Our Presence being so low also means it's really cheap to raise. Getting Presence to 3 would only cost us 4 XP, and we have 12, giving us a dicepool that's only 2 dice smaller than pumping everything into Presence, counteracted by this Plan having one more Appearance than what your Plan called for. Don't act as if we're horribly crippled.
    If we really want to min-max, then we should raise Presence to 4 with Xp and spend one of our left-over BP to get it to 5.

27. Pipeman

Pipeman Well worn.

This makes no sense.

The issue with thgetting that second dot in Charisma is that it isn't needed nearly as much as those four dots in Presence, so the fact that we'd otherwise have to wait a month does not really matter, because we should have spent our time and XP on other stuff anyways.
    On the other hand we can not get around getting those 4 dots in Presence, because we need those for the Presence Charms and because our Dicepool is not nearly big enough in spite of having gotten that dot in Charisma.

This means instead of having a good social dice pool and access to the Presence charmtree, we now have pretty much the same social dicepool as before, have no access to the Presence Charmtree and have to earmark 16 XP for getting those dots in Presence.
    This is a horrible trade.

You have to spend all of your BP before spending your XP, unless Alex is going to heavily bend the rules to make up for our idiocy, and that does not change the fact that, if this were a viable option instead of being blatant cheating in order to make up for horrible management, we could have minmaxed much more without that pointless Charisma point.

28. Threadmarks: New Popularity - Part 1
    Alexander

[X] Half truth: Yuuma had a few screw loose and threatened your parents. It may be best if they stop going out at night.

-----

You can't sleep, not like this. So you may as well do something productive.

You get out from under the covers and quickly change into a green jersey. Careful to not wake up your parents you take a piece of bread from the kitchen and leave the house to do something you haven't done in a while.

Jogging.

You decide on a simple route, running around your residential area until you're too tired to continue or it's time to go to school.

"Uhff...Uhf...*chomp*" You take a bite from the bread, slowing down to chew properly before accelerating again.

At this hour there are few people around, mostly runners like you and businessmen who work close enough they don't need a car. Curiously all the people you meet turn to stare at you. A girl with a dog goes so far as to blush. Why is that? Do you have your zip open? Impossible your jersey doesn't have a zip.

[You don’t get it? This is hilarious.]

"Wah!" You stop and look around. "Ddraig?"

[Calm yourself partner. I am talking in your head. Just think the answer and I'll hear it. You don't want people to see you talking to yourself, do you?]

"Uh, okay." You resume running, carefully keeping your face neutral. 'What do you mean with that? What's hilarious?'

[Nu-uh. Not saying. I want you to realize it yourself.] You can hear him snicker.

'Thanks a lot.' You sarcastically reply.

[Anytime partner.]

'Is Bright there with you?'

[No, she told me to not disturb her and went inside the palace at the center of this flying city. Great place by the way, it beats the usual empty a thousand different ways.

Anyway, I contacted you now because we need to speak. Do you remember when I told you about Boosted Gear's abilities?]

'To double my power every ten seconds, right? You also said it changed.'

[Correct to both. Sacred Gears aren't fixed, they respond to the user's emotions and desires. Sometimes this lead to the Gear developing a new power and configuration. The winged gal knows the details better, but the gift is: your Exaltation changed the Boosted Gear.]

That doesn't sound good. 'How?'

[Instead of doubling attributes like your strength, speed and magical power now it creates and increase a pool of this new energy of you, this golden light. She called it Essence. However once it's enough you can boost your physical attributes like the classical Boosted Gear. So even if the process is different the result is more of less the same.]

Sounds great.

[However, since your growth will be unlike your predecessors we need to take a different approach to it, to ensure you grow strong enough to stand on your own feet. You don't want to die right? Plus I would hate to change partner without meeting the White One even once.]

'The White One? Who is he?'

[A rival of mine. Since it's destiny you will meet him in the future. Dragons are beings that attract other strong beings, so be prepared.]

Even more weirdness? Oh come on! '*grumble*...So, what kind of approach you have in mind?'

However, before you can hear his answer you happen to stumble into a face you know.

Aika Kiryu, one of your female classmates. She has light brown hair with two braids behind her, honey-yellow eyes and pink-rimmed glasses. The classical megane, you think she would be quite pretty if she tries. However there is a reason the Perverted Trio never lusted after her and in general left her alone.

Why? Because she is a pervert as much as you and your buddies. When you talk about eroge in class the other girls look at you in disgust. Her? She chuckles with a perverted face. You hear certain stories about the female locker room...

Kiryu-san is wearing a jersey and running, just like you. When she notices you she waves her hand in greeting. "Oh, if it isn't Ise-chi! I never expected to meet you....here...." She trails off, eyes widening like saucers and mouth hanging open.

And then she starts sputtering and blushing.

What the...? And why do you hear Ddraig laughing?

[] Greet her normally. “Hello Kiryu-san.”
    [] Be concerned. “Kiryu-san? Are you okay?”
    [] Wait until she calm down.
    [] Suggestions?

-----

And yes, Xp aren’t available until you spend all the BP.

Some news: in the DxD world there are certain type of training that let you raise certain Trait without needing Xp. Or better, you acquire Xp during it and then you finalize your gains with them: basically Xp and Training Times at the same time. The Training from Hell is one prime example.

I hope you aren’t adverse to pain, because I am preparing interesting things. You were going to get them anyway, but now you will face them without bonus.

29. Silversun17

Silversun17 Connoisseur.

[X] Be concerned. “Kiryu-san? Are you okay?”
    -[X] You lean for frowing gently in concern to place the back your hand to her forehead. "Kiryu-chan, do you have a fever?"
    edite: added onto vote.

Trooper1021 likes this.
  30. Larekko12

Larekko12 Connoisseur.

[X] Be concerned. “Kiryu-san? Are you okay?”
    -[X] You lean for frowing gently in concern to place the back your hand to her forehead. "Kiryu-chan, do you have a fever?"