1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

I will become God-Harem King of the World! [Highschool DxD/Exalted] (CLOSED)

Discussion in 'Questing' started by Alexander, Jan 23, 2014.

1. kinglugia

kinglugia A Randy Avian

[X] Be concerned. “Kiryu-san? Are you okay?”
    -[X] You lean forwards, frowning gently in concern to place the your forehead to hers, just like your mother used to do to you. "Kiryu-chan, you're quite hot, do you have a fever?"
    --[X] Should she refuses to answer, take her to a more secluded place for her to rest. "Kiryu-chan, you really need to rest, here, I'll carry you somewhere shady so you don't get a heatstroke."

2. Selias

Selias Well worn.

Oh, god no. Please, please, not that tired cliche.

3. Dimensionist

Dimensionist Grand Master of Apologism, Keeper of the Faith

Echoed.

[X] Greet her warily. “H-Hello Kiryu-san.”
    -[X] That perverted look on the woman's face is rather ... off-putting. Now you know how everyone else feels ...

4. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

-[X] That perverted look on the woman's face is rather ... off-putting. Now you know how everyone else feels ...

5. touhou ranfuku

touhou ranfuku Versed in the lewd.

If anyone is interested, please read the light novel, don't watch the anime first. Or you can follow this route: Manga => Light Novel => Anime.

Seriously, the anime cut off some much from the original Light Novel. And I have seen lots of people bashed Issei just because he is a pervert.

6. John At Dawn

John At Dawn Seeker of Answers

How far is the manga now? When I first read it, it was up to Issei's fight with Riser (the second one, at the engagement party).

7. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

I don't have issues with Issei being perverted, I just don't particularly want us to be falling into age-old harem cliches like the "fever test." Or else subvert it massively.

(Hypothetical, not a vote:)
    -[X] You lean forwards, frowning gently in concern to place the your forehead to hers, just like your mother used to do to you. "Kiryu-chan, you're quite hot, do you have a fever?"
    --[X] "Yes," she says, swooning a little, "please help me find somewhere secluded so I can lie down and fuck you senseless before you stop looking so goddamned sexy."

8. touhou ranfuku

touhou ranfuku Versed in the lewd.

Close to the Excalibur arc I think.

9. Dimensionist

You know, considering this is High School DXD, this might have been better in the NSFW section. Would have probably been truer to the canon theme.:p

Least Devotee likes this.
  10. Malcolmo

Malcolmo Insert custom title here

At last check it was at the part where Issei and co. made the deal with xenovia and Irina about destroying the excalibur shards.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
  11. Alexander

Alexander That is not dead which can eternal lie

Tally so far:

-[X] You lean for frowing gently in concern to place the back your hand to her forehead. "Kiryu-chan, do you have a fever?"
    Silversun17, Larekko12, P_D, Eler0, Heaven Canceler, Tetsuro, Deathwings, MHLord

Odysseus2099

[X] Greet her normally. “Hello Kiryu-san.”
    Happerry, Malcolmo, Selias

-[X] You lean for frowning gently in concern to place the your forehead to hers, just like your mother used to do to you. "Kiryu-chan, you're quite hot, do you have a fever?"
    --[X] Should she refuses to answer, take her to a more secluded place for her to rest.
    Mu-Sensei

--[X] Should she refuses to answer, take her to a more secluded place for her to rest. "Kiryu-chan, you really need to rest, here, I'll carry you somewhere shady so you don't get a heatstroke."
    megrisvernin, kinglugia

Dimensionist, Smuthunter

As far as the novels said she is completely normal. Then again what the Author has yet to confirm is left to our imagination....
    The one where the most in-character and reasoned choice win?

12. protoss16

protoss16 Know what you're doing yet?

Yes

13. Alexander

It's what happened with Appearance and Charisma, right? I suppose I can implement that when it comes to decide the distribution of dots. Or maybe prolong the voting time.

14. protoss16

Also it is probably a good idea to have as much starting social dice as so we can get into hilarity as soon as possible before you decide to stop updating this.

15. Mu-Sensei

Mu-Sensei No Work, No Life.

Don't jinx it.

16. Dimensionist

I always found Rihaku's version very off. It stops being a quest when it's no longer the most popular option that wins, but the one the character would automatically do anyway. At that point, it's a story, and if you want a story, write one. It's up to the GM to be good enough to try and spin an option to be IC - pretty much any option can be made that way, given context and buildup.

Basically, what I'm saying is, if you want a game, keep it as a game - where people choose, not a person. That's what a quest is.

EDIT: Plus, the person who picks what is the most IC option is the GM, which means the choice of whatever action to take lies with the GM. That automatically removes choice from the players, even if the GM actually picks according to the objectively IC choice.

StriderAnarchy99 likes this.
  17. protoss16

Doesn't it just block straight up bad in every way plans.

18. dash931

dash931 Getting out there.

Pretty much what Protoss said. I prefer Rihaku style, because it means headache-inducingly stupid plans don't win even if they somehow get a significant portion of the votes. And making debate valuable beyond trying to convince the other players means more people will discuss things, which leads to better tactics and decisions as well.

19. Alexander

Now that's a challenge is I ever saw one. Game one protoss, game on 8)
    Also valid. A compromise then: in some instances I may offer advices if the winning vote is a very bad plan. You okay with this?

And, update coming....

20. Heaven Canceler

Heaven Canceler Behind You!

Ironically, people don't actually always do the smart thing in real life too even if they are relatively intelligent. It is surprising how stupid humans can be and how much idiotic bullshit they can pull. Some of the greatest conflicts, disasters and fights in history happened because people just did something stupid and thought it was a great idea.

If people want to do something stupid, then they obviously deserve the consequences instead of trying to turn the thing around to something else.

NOW, if the choice is relatively vague and can be done in a number of ways, then the GM can obviously go for what seems most logical at the time, but not doing it really kind of stops the whole point of doing a quest. At least for me Quests appear at least partially to be specifically about players doing absolutely crazy and stupid shit and then having to find a way out of the ensuing Problems.

Trooper1021 and Least Devotee like this.
  21. MHLord

MHLord Why hello there.

Seconded.

22. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

I am absolutely down with getting warnings when we're about to inflict Death By Stupid Vote on a harem member or something like that.

23. Eler0

Eler0 Versed in the lewd.

Rihaku doesn't pick "the most IC option",all options offered are already IC. He picks the option with the best arguments.

24. Threadmarks: New Popularity - Part 2
    Alexander

[X] Be concerned. "Kiryu-san? Are you okay?"
    -[X] You lean for frowning gently in concern to place the back your hand to her forehead. "Kiryu-chan, do you have a fever?"

----

You frown. Something is not right with Kiryu. You two aren’t exactly close friends but you can't just let her to...whatever it is that she has. "Kiryu-san? Are you okay?" You ask with a concerned voice.

She doesn't answer. She just keeps staring at you, breath ragged and blushing more intensely. It's like she is very hot...oh!

You lean forward and gently place the back of your hand to her forehead. "Kiryu-san, do you have a fever?"

"I'M FINE!!" She shrieks and jumps in surprise, and you quickly retract your hand. After a few seconds of awkward silence Kiryu starts giggling. "Ehehehehehe...I get it. I am still sleeping and this is a dream, isn't it?"

"Kiryu-san?" What is she talking about?

"I don't know why it's Ise of all people, but I am not complaining. Ehehehe." You unconsciously take a step back. "And since this is a dream I can do whatever I want, right?"

"Kiryu-san, what are you..!" You try to speak but are interrupted when she grabs the sides of your head, brings you closer...

And french-kisses you.

'Eh? Eh? EeeeeEEEEEHHHH?!?!!!!'

You try to resist, to ask her what she is doing, but so close you can't help but notice how nice she smells, how sweet her lips tastes and how her tongue- 'Oh My God Her Tongue Is Over Mine I Am Kissing A GIRL OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD!!!!!'

[Nice done partner! Now find a secluded place and finish it!!]

Ironically it's Ddraig's voice that bring you out of your stupor. For a second you are tempted to follow the advice, but then you remember that there is something wrong with Kiryu-san and you are not one to takes advantage of women damnit!

You put your hands on her shoulders and forcefully separate your lips. Before she can react you pinch her skin. "Ouch! What..."

"Kiryu-san!" You gently shake her. "This is not a dream! I don't know what's happening but get a hold of yourself!"

"....This is not a dream?" Her eyes, at first dull, regain their focus. "...You are real?"

You nod.

"...."

"...."

"EEEEEEEEKKKKKK!!!" Kiryu screams before running away at such speed she leaves behind a trail of dust.

Your left eyebrow twitches. "What...was that?"

And then it hits you: a girl kissed you. A (relatively) cute girl kissed you. Your first kiss.

"YAAAHHOOOOO!! WELCOME SPRING OF MY YOUTH!!!!"

-----

You're positively beaming when you return home. Humming a catching tune you take a shower, spend a good amount of time preening yourself in front of the mirror and, after donning your school uniform, walk into the kitchen.

"Good morning Father! Good morning Mother! Life is good!"

"Good morning so...."

"Why so chirpy this morning I...."

Ignoring your slack-jawed parents you sit down and start eating. You're half-way done when you remember something. You put down your chopsticks and assume a serious expression. "Mom? Dad? We need to talk."

"..." "..."

"It's about Yuuma. During our date it became apparent she has a few screws loose: she didn't stop talking how we were going to get married soon, how I shouldn't look at other women and how I should cut my ties with you and go living with her. I know this sound cliché but I think she is a yandere, one who just wanted an gullible guy to freely abuse."

You let the gravity of your words sink in and continue. "Of course I broke up with her and...she didn't take it well. You have to believe me, she's dangerous. So you have to promise me to stop going out after sunset and always stick where there are other people. At least until I resolve this. Can you promise me?"

They wordless nod.

"Great. Oh, look at the time! Bye Mom, bye Dad." You pick up your bag and rush outside.

"..." "..."

Mr. and Ms. Hyodo keep staring ahead for awhile after Issei left. Then they slow turn around to stare at each other.

"Oto-san!!" "Oka-san!!"

They hug each other.

""""IT'S A MIRACLE!!!!""""

-----

Life is great.

It's what you think as you walk to school. Despite having your heart broken by Yuuma and discovering you have the potential to shake the foundations of this world, you can't help but think life is great. Why? Because girls of course!!

Big, soft Oppai...supple, springy skin....cute faces...

Girls are great!!

"Woah! Who is that?!"

"H-Hyodo? No it's not possible!"

"The Apocalypse! The Apocalypse is coming!!!"

Other students, both boys and girls, are looking at you, some screaming and some fainting from the shock, but you're too happy to care. They want to behave weirdly? They can behave weirdly all they want!

When you open the door to your classroom you're greeted by wide-eyed looks from your classmates and teacher. Kiryu is nowhere to be seen. Maybe it's for the best, to let the waters calm down a little.

"Sorry, am I late?"

The sound of displaced air. You raise your open hand and catch the punch aimed at your head from behind. When you turn around Matsuda is standing there, Motohama beside him.

"Who the hell are you!?"

"What have you done to Ise?"

You raise an eyebrow. "Are you still sleeping? I am Hyodo Issei. The only and one."

"...Ise? Is that really you?"

"What happened to you?"

You groan. "Well a lot happened but nothing relevant for now." You look back and forth between your friends and classmates. "Okay, you're starting to freak me out now. What are you talking about?"

Wordlessly Motohama gives you a square object. You look at it. "Woah, this some handsome bastard! Even worse than Kiba-sempai. Where did you find this photo?"

"Ise, that's a mirror."

"Eh?" You look down and realize that, yes, the imagine is moving.

Flawless skin. Perfect symmetry of lineaments. Hair almost shinning.

It takes almost a minute but it finally sinks that, yes, the super-ultra bishounen looking back from the mirror is you.
    "Ahahahahaha! I was right, this is hilarious! Ahahahahaha!"
    Reaction?
    "What is this noise? I told you to not disturb me, dragon!"
    [] Freak out: "WHAT THE HELL IS THIS!!??!" (appropriate you suppose)
    [] Be cool with that: "Wow, I look good today!" (you don't think you can pull it out though)
    [] Run away, find a desert place and ask the voices in your head just what the fuck is going on! (it's their fault. It's definitely their fault)
    [] Suggestions?
    -----

Maybe the Charisma dot was a waste, but it makes for amusing scenes.

25. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

[X] Smother your initial shock with a coughing fit and excuse yourself from the room. Make a beeline for the rooftop (and by this I mean take the stairs, not the window) and get some answers out of Ddraig.

Subrosian Smithy likes this.
  26. Silversun17

Silversun17 Connoisseur.

[X] Raise hand wave it in front of the mirror as if to make sure that yes that's you. "What. The. Fuck?" return the mirrior with polite thanks.
    -[X] "I think i need to sit down." go to your seat and sit down. 'This would explain why Ice wasn't offended by my staring at her wouldn't it? Solars get airbrushed when they exalt.' we think to the dragon in our head.

27. Eler0

Eler0 Versed in the lewd.

Well, at least the Appearance was worth it.

[X] Huh...well damn, this is actually pretty AWESOME ! Take that Kiba-sempai, you'll be the new heartthrob of the place from now on. (fistpump)
    -[X] You've been stabbed in the gut with a spear made of darkness by your psycho girlfriend, somehow managed to survive and heal from it, discovered that angels, demons, magic and all that occult bullshit is all to real, beat up a bunch of lowlives and saved a damsel in distress and finally discovered that you were now sharing headspace with not one but TWO overbearing ghosts/apparitions/voices in your head/whatever the fuck they are. This ? This is NOTHING in comparison. No need to freak out or anything.
    -[X] Tough once you get some breathing room, those damn voices are going to get an earful.

Trooper1021 likes this.
  28. protoss16

[X] Huh...well damn, this is actually pretty AWESOME ! Take that Kiba-sempai, you'll be the new heartthrob of the place from now on. (fistpump)
    -[X] You've been stabbed in the gut with a spear made of darkness by your psycho girlfriend, somehow managed to survive and heal from it, discovered that angels, demons, magic and all that occult bullshit is all to real, beat up a bunch of lowlives and saved a damsel in distress and finally discovered that you were now sharing headspace with not one but TWO overbearing ghosts/apparitions/voices in your head/whatever the fuck they are. This ? This is NOTHING in comparison. No need to freak out or anything.
    -[X] Tough once you get some breathing room, those damn voices are going to get an earful.

29. Deathwings

Deathwings Questionable French Guy

Oh my god, I'm busting a gut laughing over here. Your grasp of the character is just awesome.

I totally agree.

Now, to more serious things.

Is this suitable ?

30. Heaven Canceler

Heaven Canceler Behind You!

-[X] You've been stabbed in the gut with a spear made of darkness light by your psycho girlfriend, somehow managed to survive and heal from it, discovered that angels, demons, magic and all that occult bullshit is all to real, beat up a bunch of lowlives and saved a damsel in distress and finally discovered that you were now sharing headspace with not one but TWO overbearing ghosts/apparitions/voices in your head/whatever the fuck they are. This ? This is NOTHING in comparison. No need to freak out or anything.

This, because breaking the fourth wall can never go wrong.