1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

I will become God-Harem King of the World! [Highschool DxD/Exalted] (CLOSED)

Discussion in 'Questing' started by Alexander, Jan 23, 2014.

1. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

Motes that we can't use for perfect defenses. With our current mote pool we only have enough juice for five perfects before our reserves run completely dry.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
  2. Alexander

Alexander That is not dead which can eternal lie

So I get this is the winning votes?

[X] Get the fourth and fifth dot in Resistance with BP, and spend the 9XP on 3 dots in Presence

Personally I enjoyed Gabriel's DxD/SAo story, if only because it showed Issei in a positive and reliable way. Using Transfer on Rias while distracting Raiser with a speech was pure genius.

3. Dimensionist

Dimensionist Grand Master of Apologism, Keeper of the Faith

I liked that story too.

And yes, that is the winning vote.

4. Deathwings

Deathwings Questionable French Guy

[X] Get the fourth and fifth dot in Resistance with BP, and spend the 9XP on 3 dots in Presence

5. Malcolmo

Malcolmo Insert custom title here

6. Pipeman

Pipeman Well worn.

Though the Compassion Flaw is indeed as problematic as it may appear, especially since high Compassion character usually have lots of things they care about, if we get to decide the Flaw of Invulnerabilty, we should probably just go with Conviction.
    Seriously, with our Motivation that's such an out of the left field weakness that odds are noone will ever discover it and even if they do it's going to be very hard to put us into a situation where it applies.

victor janus likes this.
  7. Threadmarks: New Popularity - Part 4
    Alexander

Alexander That is not dead which can eternal lie

[X] Get the fourth and fifth dot in Resistance with BP, and spend the 9XP on 3 dots in Presence.
    -----

You think about it for a moment before deciding. "Then I want you to make me more resilient, harder to hurt, and also more persuasive."

She quirks a beautiful eyebrow. "Any particular reason why?"

"Yes." You turn towards Ddraig. "With how Boosted Gear works I will need time in a fight before striking back, right? If so, since I already have powers that make me tougher, it's better to increase this trait than starting from scratch and making me fast enough to evade all attacks. At least, for now."

The dragon nods. "Good choice. Stamina is essential when using Boosted Gear."

"And for why I want to be more persuasive..." You sigh. "It would be great to resolve a conflict without the need of violence. Not only because I am weak at the moment, but also because I don't like senseless fights."

Bright's wings flap. "I see nothing wrong with that. Let's begin."

Like the other day you and Bright meditate together. Again knowledge you never recall learning pop up in your head during the trance: methods to combat and resist sickness, fatigue, pain, sleep deprivation; how to persuade people to do what you want, how to inspire people and convert your enemies to your cause.

"This is weird." You massage your head. There is not pain, but... "Are you transferring knowledge inside my mind?"

"Nothing so quaint." Bright scoffs. "I am merely helping you let go of the mortal presupposition that you need to read or being explained something to learn it."

You look up. "You mean I can learn without studying, just by willing it? How does that even-"

"Exalted."

"That doesn't explain any-"

"Time up."

And just like that you are on the rooftop again. "This isn't over.” You whisper before gulping down your lunch to quench the frustration.

----

"Hi. How are you doing?”

You look at the male student who came to see you. Kiba Yuuto, also known as the school's Number 1 best looking prince. Even if he is in a different class he's the same age as you, but since he always looks so mature all the second years call him sempai. Girls screaming with joy could be heard from the classroom and the corridor.

When you look up his eyes widen. "I see the rumors were true."

"Yeah. I think it's a side effect of, you know...?"

"Useful." He says without breaking his smile. "I already informed that person: she is waiting for you. Shall we go?"

She? A girl! Yes! "Lead the way."

As you leave the classroom together the girls start screaming.

"For Hyodo and Kiba-kun to walk besides each other..."

"C-Could it be? Is this the prohibited garden?"

"He's a pervert, but, but! I support the Kiba-kunxHyodo pair!"

"No, maybe it's HyodoxKiba-kun pair!?"

...Need to go away. Need to go away. Need to go away.

You urge Kiba forward. "Hurry up." You whisper. "There is something rotten here."

"H-Hey, Ise!"

Matsuda shouts your name.

"Don't worry my friend. I'm not going to have a fight."

That's right. Your pal doesn't have to worry about you.

"What are you going to do with this DVD, 'Me, the Molester, and the Udon'!?"

Matsuda says out loud while holding the DVD up high.

You take the DVD and bash Matsuda's head with it.

Never mix women and food.

----

You follow Kiba to the back of the main school building. In this place, which is surrounded by trees, there is a building called the 'old school building'. Apparently it was used a long time ago, but now there is no sign of people here. It's so creepy that it is listed in one of 'Kuoh's seven wonders'. The building looks very old and is made from wood, but there aren’t any broken windows and it's hard to tell if there are any broken parts from its appearance.

"Buchou is here." Kiba says.

Buchou? Who is he? Or, it's the 'she' Kiba was talking about? This is getting even more mysterious.

You enter the two story high building and go up the stairs, further inside. Even the corridor looks clean. It seems like even the rooms that aren't used anymore don't have a single speck dust in them. When you think about old buildings you expect them to be full of insects, spider webs, and dust. But you haven’t seen any yet.

[Careful worm. I sense magic near.]

[It's Devil Magic. I recognize the scent of demonic power.]

'That's right: Kiba is a Devil. So does that mean the person he wants me to meet is...?'

While you are thinking about these kinds of things, the two of you reach your destination. Kiba stops in front of a particular classroom, with a sign on the door that read:

[Occult Research Club]

"Occult Research Club!? The school has a club like that?"

"It's not well know, that's why. Buchou, I have brought him."

Kiba waits for the approval through the wooden door. Then a sweet, female voice replies.

"Yes, come in."

Kiba opens the door. You find yourself shocked when you follow him into the room. There are weird signs and words in every area of the classroom. The floor. The walls and the ceiling. They are all covered with weird signs. And the one which stands out the most is the circle drawn at the center of the room. It looks like a magic-circle that takes up most of the space in this room.

You can feel something creepy and weird from-

Magical Wards. Devil Style. A Barrier to keep intruders out. A Shield to block attacks. A Ward to keep away mundane people and One to make them forget about the place. An Alarm System. Magic Containing System. Run on Demonic Power.

Summoning Circle. Belonging to the Gremory House of Devils. Teleportation Method. It works on the selected Devil's own power. Connected to minor summoning circles...

"Hyodo-san?" You hear someone shaking you.

"Ara ara. What powerful energy!"

"Intriguing. Do you recognize that symbol Koneko?"

"...No."

More voices. You blink several times and focus back on reality. Kiba has a hand on your shoulder and looks slightly confused. "W-What happened?" You ask.

"You suddenly spaced out. Followed from the glowing symbol on your forehead appearing again."

"I see. Sorry." You shake your head. "I looked at the symbols and circle and found myself understand them, how they work and what they do, despite this being my first time seeing them."

"So it can also analyze magic? You must have a very powerful Sacred Gear."

You finally take a good look at the other occupants of the room and couldn't help but be shocked.

Sitting behind a desk is Rias Gremory. Long crimson hair, clear blue eyes and skin as white as snow. She's a third year and so a senior. She isn't Japanese, you heard people say that she is from Northern Europe and is attending a Japanese high school due to her father's work.

Standing to her side is Akeno Himejima, the person who, along with Rias-senpai, is said to be one of the "Two Great Onee-samas" of Kuoh Academy! Long black hair tied into a ponytail, always smiling: a perfect Yamato Nadeshiko.

Sitting on one of the sofas is Koneko Toujou. She is a girl with a small build, with white hair and amber eyes. She's popular amongst the girls (and a certain group of boys) and is treated as a mascot for being cute.

This is the Occult Research Club, one of the nerder things in all Japan?

Kuoh sure is unique.

Right: presentations. You bow. "My name is Issei Hyodo Issei. Nice to meet you. Thank you for having me today!"

"Ara ara, so handsome and also polite. Hello, my name is Akeno Himejima. Pleased to make your acquaintance."

"...Koneko Toujo."

"And I am Rias Gremory. Nice to meet you, Issei Hyodo-san."

----

"Here's your tea."

"Ah, thank you."

You are sitting on a sofa, and Himejima-sempai has made tea for you. You drink it slowly, savoring the taste. "It tastes good. I don't consume tea often but this is very good."

"Ara ara. Thank you very much." She starts laughing very happily by saying "Ufufu".

Kiba, Koneko-chan and you are sitting on the sofas surrounding the table.

"Akeno, stay here next to me." Rias says, still seated behind the desk.

"Yes, Buchou." Himejima-sempai sits next to Rias-sempai.

Then everyone looks at you. Uh, you're getting a little nervous here. Luckily your Caste Mark receded.

Rias-sempai is the first to speak. "I will get to the point right away. We are all Devils."

"I suspected as much. What I am confused about is what the 'Occult Research Club' is all about."

"The Occult Research Club is just a camouflage. It's my hobby. It's actually a gathering place for us Devils."

You smile. "And a ready excuse to skip class if something happen?"

She happily nods. "There is also that. So, Kiba-kun told me all about what happened yesterday. He told you about Sacred Gears, but not about Fallen Angels, right?"

She starts speaking after you confirm it. "We, the Devils, have been at war with the Fallen Angels since ancient times. We have been fighting over the possession of the Underworld, which is also known as Hell in the human world: not the place where the souls of sinners are tortured, more like a different dimension. The Underworld is split into two areas, one for Devils and one for Fallen Angels. The Devils form pacts with humans and receive their sacrifices to increase their strength. The Fallen Angels on the other hand control humans to eliminate Devils. At this point the Angels come in to destroy these two races on God's orders, which creates the Three Factions. This has been going on since ancient times."

"And the same is true for all other mythologies?"

"Yes: Gods from the Shinto religion, from Greek and Norse mythology; mythical beings like youkai, vampires and dragons. If it was documented in human history or legends it's real. Nowadays there is a decline in the number of supernatural creatures since human society evolved so much, but it's not quite to extinction levels." Akeno answers.

Rias continues. "Returning to the topic of Fallen Angels, there is a reason for why you were attacked: your Sacred Gear. There is a rumor that the high echelons of the Fallen Angels are studying Sacred Gears and recruiting their users in their ranks."

"But Yuu-Raynare didn't try to recruit me, she tried to kill me." You point out.

"That's right. This is abnormal. Maybe the reason is your Sacred Gear. Have you found out what it is?" She asks. "If you want I can figure it out for you." She concludes smiling.

Now, this is important. You don't think telling the complete truth would be wise, but you are terrible at lying.

[] How will you answer? (Write-in)

[] Bonus Action: Read Motivation.
    -[] You can try to glean the truth of a subject’s mood or personality with a successful (Perception + [Investigation or Socialize]) roll, using whichever Ability has a higher rating. The difficulty is equal to half the target’s (Manipulation + Socialize), rounded up. If successful, the observer knows the other character’s most dominant emotion and can place that emotion in the context of the current scene, if applicable.
    --[] If used you will know the result without the need to directly skip to the next post, but you can try only one time.
    -----

Character Sheet is being updated.

8. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

[X] Tell Rias that our Sacred Gear is connected to some kind of foreign god you've never heard of before.

I'm pretty sure we asked Kiba about the Unconquered Sun last night, so we can't pretend that everything we can do is just the result of being the Red Dragon Emperor. We're not just trying to keep the truth hidden from Rias but also everyone else in the room. If we answer this way, Rias will probably conclude that the Unconquered Sun is some obscure pagan deity who isn't around anymore. The church has a long and storied history of waging war against pagan gods and their followers after all, and not all of them can be as powerful as the Greek and Norse deities.

[] Bonus Action: Read Motivation.
    Skip this. Rias most likely has Manipulation and Socialize at much higher values than our equivalent scores. We'll probably just come up with a false or negative impression of her.

arandomghuy likes this.
  9. Heaven Canceler

Heaven Canceler Behind You!

The sacred gears were all created by the god of the bible so unless that deity worked together with Yawhe, this won't work easily.

10. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

Big G is also known for smiting his enemies and forging their remains into sacred gears like he did with Albion and Ddraig. Our sacred gear being the remains of some pagan sun god isn't terribly unbelievable. It might be difficult to explain if Rias asks us to pull out the gauntlet and she recognizes it as Boosted Gear though.

Least Devotee likes this.
  11. BobTheNinja

BobTheNinja Horny Aspiring Multiversal Adventurer

I don't suppose we could try to feign ignorance of the details of our Gear and Exalted status? We ARE new the whole supernatural thing after all, so I don't think that they would suspect us of knowing that much.

Unless this wouldn't work?

12. overmind

overmind Ruler of the Swarm

We should not tell them about our Exaltation, but we could perhaps tell about the changes that we got while we slept and try to feign ignorance about the rest.

13. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

I imagine that would require a Manipulation check, and we're terrible at lying.

There's one major problem here in that we just demonstrated not two or three minutes ago the ability to pull knowledge out of the air regarding occult things, so Rias probably isn't going to buy the idea that we don't have any knowledge at all. Maybe it would be safe to give her a run down on the things we know it does for us without telling her what it is? She's certainly noticed the enhancements to our physical features (though the fact that she isn't completely starstruck probably means she also has Appearance 4 or 5).

14. Eler0

Eler0 Versed in the lewd.

Could we just tell them that our power has a built-in instruction manual, so their help is appreciated but unnecessary?

We have Charisma 2 but Manipulation 1, a single die won't make a big difference as long as we're using Presence and maybe get a good stunt.

15. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

That doesn't answer the question of "why are fallen angels trying to kill us" though. Maybe modify the response a little; "it seems to come with an instruction manual of sorts, but I'm still working my way through it. I know it makes me stronger and really good-looking though."

That's a fair point but lying to prospective harem candidates doesn't seem like the greatest way to start building a relationship.

16. BobTheNinja

So something along these lines?: "I don't know all the details of how this Sacred Gear thing works but...when it bonded with me, I felt that I became a LOT stronger than I ever felt before, more sociable and capable of learning as well. And then there's my changed appearance. I mean I wasn't bad looking before, but now...well, I think you get the idea. It basically feels like this power is taking all of my skills and positive traits and magnifying them by an absurd degree."

Also, should we include the Read Motivation check for this?

17. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

I'll vote for that. Bonus points for describing qualities that could come from either the Sacred Gear or the Exaltation.

[X] "I don't know all the details of how this Sacred Gear thing works but...when it bonded with me, I felt that I became a LOT stronger than I ever felt before, more sociable and capable of learning as well. And then there's my changed appearance. I mean I wasn't bad looking before, but now...well, I think you get the idea. It basically feels like this power is taking all of my skills and positive traits and magnifying them by an absurd degree."

Again, Rias most likely has the related characteristics pumped up pretty high what with being a demon princess and such. We probably can't glean anything out of her, and I'd rather not risk a botch telling us something that's hilariously wrong like "she's plotting how best to kill you."

18. BobTheNinja

Very well, then I'll vote for Plan Bob as well. :D

[X] "I don't know all the details of how this Sacred Gear thing works but...when it bonded with me, I felt that I became a LOT stronger than I ever felt before, more sociable and capable of learning as well. And then there's my changed appearance. I mean I wasn't bad looking before, but now...well, I think you get the idea. It basically feels like this power is taking all of my skills and positive traits and magnifying them by an absurd degree."

19. overmind

overmind Ruler of the Swarm

I think I'll vote for this as well.

20. BFldyq

BFldyq It's pronounced Be-Fled-Ick

Your born with Sacred Gears, they don't "bond" with someone later in life without something weird happening. I suggest "awakened inside of me" instead of "bonded with me".

21. Pipeman

Pipeman Well worn.

Maybe scratch the "more sociable" part?
    'The first thing I used my power for is getting better at making people swallow my bullshit' should be an impression we want to avoid, while trying to make others swallow our bullshit.
    I mean, we probably shouldn't deny it, but it is kind of included in 'more capable of learning' and I don't feel there is need to draw undue attention to that.
    Also, I assume we are going to use our Presence Excellency here?

22. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

"Bonded" makes more sense if we're trying to present the idea that we don't know much about the thing in our souls. Rias will be expecting inaccuracies.

23. BobTheNinja

This. Besides, does Issei even know that Sacred Gears are acquired at birth rather than later? I don't know if that was included in the explanation of Sacred Gears earlier.

More sociable doesn't necessarily imply bullshitting. It just means that we're able to interact with people better than before. That doesn't seem particularly suspect, and it's accurate in any case.

24. nightblade

nightblade Gone for Good

You do realize that Sol invictis was an actually god on our world right?

victor janus likes this.
  25. BobTheNinja

*looks up Wiki article*

...Well I'll be damned, he's absolutely right. Sol Invictus was the official sun god of the Roman Empire.

Does this mean we should change the response to include this tidbit somehow?

26. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

victor janus likes this.
  27. Pipeman

Pipeman Well worn.

You know, I'm actually considering if we shouldn't just tell them at least part of what's going on (no need to go into details about how incredibly fucking broken Solar Exaltations are) but ask them to keep it a secret.
    We do have more than enough of a dicepool to have a decent chance at success and Rias would likely both understand our desire not to let it get out what exactly we can do and would probably see the advantage of having an ace in the hole anyways.
    Would also do away with the whole 'You lied to me!' thing.
    As long as she is aware that we know what we are capable of and how to use our stuff, she also probably wouldn't even need to bring any experts in which she otherwise might and we certainly don't want happening.

28. BobTheNinja

This option occured to me too, but then, the GM did put the "Issei felt that telling the complete truth wouldn't be wise" part in there. I may be reading between the lines too much, but I get the sense that something negative could result if we start going into the details of what we know, at least right away.

29. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

Hmm....

And if she presses for more, come clean immediately.

--[X] "Yeah, there are some things I'm leaving out. Please understand Rias-sempai, my first contact with the supernatural was someone trying to kill me. I'm grateful that you're willing to help, but I'm still not sure who I can trust and there are some things I'd rather keep close to my chest until I do."

Flat out telling her that we're hiding things but also giving her a good reason to be doing so is probably a better idea than lying or misleading her. Also this dangles an implication that if she gains our trust we'll tell her everything.

Trooper1021 and Least Devotee like this.
  30. BobTheNinja

Changing my vote according to Smuthunter's modification.

And if she presses for more, come clean immediately.

--[X] "Yeah, there are some things I'm leaving out. Please understand Rias-sempai, my first contact with the supernatural was someone trying to kill me. I'm grateful that you're willing to help, but I'm still not sure who I can trust and there are some things I'd rather keep close to my chest until I do."