1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

I will become God-Harem King of the World! [Highschool DxD/Exalted] (CLOSED)

Discussion in 'Questing' started by Alexander, Jan 23, 2014.

1. Heaven Canceler

Heaven Canceler Behind You!

Angels are noted to have supernatural beauty, especially females like Akeno, maybe something similar is possible for Devils? Though if that reaction would really be normal, then I wonder why none of the females present has had any such reaction. Does that mean Rias, Akeno and Koneko all have the appearance of supermodels?

Actually, whose Motive should we try to sense anyway?

Also, Alexander, was the Explanation from Rias about the relationship between the angels, devils and fallen angels spoken in the past? Because I am pretty sure by now there is more or less of a cease-fire between the Groups.

2. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

The two great onee-samas and the impossibly cute school mascot? Yeah, that sounds like appearance 4 or 5 to me. Koneko just also has Charisma 1 and Manipulation 1. :))

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
  3. overmind

overmind Ruler of the Swarm

can we remove the part where we say that we are more sociable? It feels like its giving away one of our specialties.

4. BobTheNinja

BobTheNinja Horny Aspiring Multiversal Adventurer

Rias will probably find out about it eventually anyway. What good would hiding it do us?

5. overmind

Well, I just don't think that it is something that will be found out that easily.

But I guess it's okay.

[X] "I don't know all the details of how this Sacred Gear thing works but...when it bonded with me, I felt that I became a LOT stronger than I ever felt before, more sociable and capable of learning as well. And then there's my changed appearance. I mean I wasn't bad looking before, but now...well, I think you get the idea. It basically feels like this power is taking all of my skills and positive traits and magnifying them by an absurd degree."

And if she presses for more, come clean immediately.

--[X] "Yeah, there are some things I'm leaving out. Please understand Rias-sempai, my first contact with the supernatural was someone trying to kill me. I'm grateful that you're willing to help, but I'm still not sure who I can trust and there are some things I'd rather keep close to my chest until I do."

6. Alexander

Alexander That is not dead which can eternal lie

More like cold war. She purposely left that out for two motives:
    -Non important to current conversation
    -Subtly pressure Issei into choosing a side.

victor janus likes this.
  7. Eler0

Eler0 Versed in the lewd.

Could we change the " more sociable and capable of learning as well " to saying we were generally upgraded? There's no reason to single out our increased Presence, there's other stuff we've improved that we didn't mention.

[X] "I don't know all the details of how this Sacred Gear thing works but...when it bonded with me, I felt that I became a LOT stronger than I ever felt before, and it's not just strength that was upgraded, I feel like I've become more capable in general. And then there's my changed appearance. I mean I wasn't bad looking before, but now...well, I think you get the idea. It basically feels like this power is taking all of my skills and positive traits and magnifying them by an absurd degree."

--[X] "Yeah, there are some things I'm leaving out. Please understand Rias-sempai, my first contact with the supernatural was someone trying to kill me. I'm grateful that you're willing to help, but I'm still not sure who I can trust and there are some things I'd rather keep close to my chest until I do."

Trooper1021 likes this.
  8. BobTheNinja

If you guys are REALLY that concerned about revealing specific abilities then I'll modify my vote.

9. overmind

I like Eler0's option vbetter, so I'll change my vote to it:

[X] "I don't know all the details of how this Sacred Gear thing works but...when it bonded with me, I felt that I became a LOT stronger than I ever felt before, and it's not just strength that was upgraded, I feel like I've become more capable in general. And then there's my changed appearance. I mean I wasn't bad looking before, but now...well, I think you get the idea. It basically feels like this power is taking all of my skills and positive traits and magnifying them by an absurd degree."

10. Walkir

Walkir Super Happy Awesome Fun Time On Vacation

11. Pipeman

Pipeman Well worn.

12. BobTheNinja

13. Drakebane

Drakebane Well worn.

14. Mu-Sensei

Mu-Sensei No Work, No Life.

15. Heaven Canceler

Heaven Canceler Behind You!

I asked it before, but we can try reading someone's motives/mood, should not we Chose someone for that?

Rolls 1d3 = 2, Akeno

[X] Try to read Akeno-Sempai for anything and see if you can understand her mood.

16. Eler0

Eler0 Versed in the lewd.

The problem with reading their motives is that it is a (Perception + [Investigation or Socialize]) roll, we have Perception 2 and Investigation and Socialize 0. We'd be rolling only 2 dice. If we want to have any chance, I'd suggest trying for a 2-dice stunt.

17. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

And as I've already pointed out, it's an opposed roll against a difficulty of Rias's (Manipulation + Socialize) scores divided by two. Given Rias's character and background, I would be amazed and appalled if she had less than Manipulation 3 and Socialize 3, which would give us a difficulty 3 check which we are literally incapable of making with our current dice pool.

Just let it go, this isn't something we can do right now.

Least Devotee likes this.
  18. P_D

P_D Know what you're doing yet?

19. Malcolmo

Malcolmo Insert custom title here

20. protoss16

protoss16 Know what you're doing yet?

21. Odysseus2099

Odysseus2099 Versed in the lewd.

22. kinglugia

kinglugia A Randy Avian

[X] You put one hand on your chin, contemplating how to best answer Rias-sempai's question. "I don't know all the details of how this Sacred Gear thing works but...when it bonded with me, I felt that I became a LOT stronger than I ever felt before, and it's not just strength that was upgraded, I feel like I've become more capable in general. And then there's my changed appearance. I mean I wasn't bad looking before, but now...well, I think you get the idea. It basically feels like this power is taking all of my skills and positive traits and magnifying them by an absurd degree."

--[X] You put one hand behind your head and said in an apologetic tone, "Yeah, there are some things I'm leaving out. Please understand Rias-sempai, my first contact with the supernatural was someone trying to kill me. I'm grateful that you're willing to help, but I'm still not sure who I can trust and there are some things I'd rather keep close to my chest until I do."

23. Emral282

Emral282 Touch Fluffy Tail

24. mishie

mishie Experienced.

25. Ubylkoen

Ubylkoen Not Ganondorf.

26. Threadmarks: New Popularity - Part 5
    Alexander

Alexander That is not dead which can eternal lie

[X] The plan of Smuthunter and Eler0
    ----

[Don't you have a comeback ready? Pathetic. I knew Solars that were able to convince Fair Folk nobles to start worshipping the Unconquered Sun.]

Bright says in your head. What is a Fair Folk anyway?

[Listen to me: here is what you need to tell them...]

You listen to her words and mentally nod. It can work.

You put one hand on your chin. "I don't know all the details of how this Sacred Gear thing works but..." You tilt your head. "When it bonded with me, I felt that I became a LOT stronger than I ever felt before, and it's not just strength that was upgraded. I feel like I've become more capable in general. And then there's my changed appearance. I mean, I wasn't bad looking before, but now..." You shrug. "Well, I think you get the idea. It basically feels like this power is taking all of my skills and positive traits and magnifying them by an absurd degree."

"Interesting." Rias muses, one delicate finger on her lips. "It would explain the multiple abilities since Sacred Gears, with few exceptions, have only one ability when they first awaken. But you're mistaken Hyodo-kun: a Sacred Gear doesn't bond with the user, it is inside him since birth."

"Awakening it for the first time requires certain conditions." Kiba interjects. "I had my Sacred Gear all my life, but it's only after I became a Devil that I was taught how to activate and use it."

"I see...wait!" Your eyes snap around to stare at him. "Becoming a Devil? Humans can turn into Devils?"

"Yes." Rias answers. "Remember how I told you the supernatural races are reduced in members nowadays? To resolve the problem one of our leaders developed a method to turn a human or another being into a Devil. It's also capable of resurrecting a deceased person if the death is very recent and the body isn't too damaged."

"Woah..." You are amazed. Seriously. 'Are Solars capable of resurrecting people too?'

[Resurrection if one of the few things we never figured out. Then again, the Gods were very strict about keeping the natural transmigration of souls regulated. Necromancy and other foul arts create monsters and anathemas.]

"What is your Sacred Gear called? And what does it do?" You ask Kiba.

"My Gear is called Sword Birth." A thin sword materializes into his hand. "It allows me to create numerous Demon Swords, sword with a demonic attribute, of different attributes according to my will."

You blink. "So you're like Shirou Emiya?"

A confused face is all the answer you get.

"You know, Unlimited Blade Works? Fate/Stay Night? I know the visual novel is adult only and the anime is shit, but the film was even released recently!"

"I saw it!" Rias-sempai's eyes lit up. "Archer is a jerk, but when he used Unlimited Blade Works it was awesome! And so it was when Shirou fought against Gilgamesh. Did you saw Fate/Zero too?"

"Yes." You put a hand behind your head. "But to be honest I didn't like it much. I mean, the battles were amazing but it was too dark for my tastes. However I liked how they showed Waver growing up as a person. I felt he was more of a protagonist than Kiritsugu."

"I disagree: Waver-kun's story was good, but the tragedy of Kiritsugu and Saber's wishes is the focal point of the story. I don't deny the other characters' importance, but their stories are..."

You both trail off as you realize that the others are watching you with a mix of confusion, amusement and deadpan. You and her look down in embarrassment.

"Ara ara. Rias, it looks like you found another one who share your love for anime. Ufufu!"

"...Otaku."

"Unlimited Blade Works...?"

"W-What is wrong with liking anime?!" The two of you say at the same time. When you realize it you both look down with a blush.

-----

After the other members finished to tease you and Rias the conversation is resumed.

"Issei-kun." Kiba is the first to speak. "Yesterday, when we spoke, you mentioned having a vision after being injured. Something about a 'giant of light'."

You nod. "Yes. It was losing consciousness and was surrounded by darkness. Then there was light and from the Sun emerged a being clad in ancient armor, I think it was Greek or Roman. He called himself the 'Unconquered Sun' and said he would grant me a 'boon'."

"Unconquered Sun?" Rias repeats in confusion.

"Sol Invictus or Unconquered Sun." Akeno supplies up. "He was a Sun God of the later Roman Empire and patron of soldiers. Before it was known as Sol or Elagabalus."

'A coincidence?'

[Most probable.]

[I agree: I met the dude, he was nothing like the one you saw.]

'You met Gods?'

[Met a few. Killed a few. A genocide here and there. You know, the usual things.]

No. No you don't know and are glad about it.

"So Hyodo-san's Sacred Gear is related to him? Uhm. I never heard about it, so I can't help you for now. Sorry."

"It's okay." You wave the issue away. "I appreciate your goodwill."

"Thanks. So, is this all?" She presses on.

'Of course not, it is not even the tip of the iceberg. But I can't just lie.'

[Use First Presence Excellency.]

You hear Bright's voice. 'What is that?'

[A way to make you more believable. Use the motes, your Essence, from your internal pool: that way the Caste Mark will not show up and they will not know you're using it.]

You're not exactly sure, but decided to follow her instructions.

First Presence Excellency....

"Yeah, there are some things I'm leaving out." You raise a hand at her narrowed eyes. "Please understand Rias-sempai: my first contact with the supernatural was someone trying to kill me. I'm grateful that you're willing to help, but I'm still not sure who I can trust and so there are some things I'd rather keep close to my chest until I do."

She appears to contemplate your answer before sighing. "Due to your circumstances I can't fault you for that. I wouldn't trust strangers so readily myself. Then,-" She winks at you. "-if I gain your trust, will you tell me e-ve-ry-thi-n-g?"

You smile. "I'd love to."

“Then,-" She claps her hands. "-let's move to the original topic of this meeting: helping you with the Fallen Angels' problem. I already said we Devils were at war with Angels and Fallen Angels in the past, but today there is a ceasefire between the Three Factions since all sides suffered heavy causalities in the last conflict. This peace is frail of course, but precisely because of this everyone is wary of causing the spark that would re-ignite the fights. So the best way to keep the Fallen Angels off you is to take one of the other sides. My family holds the rank of Duke, one of the highest-ranking in the Underworld. If you come under my family's protection every Fallen Angel will hesitate to attack you in fear of the repercussions. To do this there are three options."

"So neutrality isn’t an option." You sigh. "Well, I should make the best of what it was dealt to me. What are those options?"

"The first-" Rias lifts up a finger. "is to join my Peerage and be reincarnated as a Devil."

"Peerage?"

"The system Devils use to increase their ranks." She takes out a box and open it, revealing dark red chess pieces. "It's called the [Evil Piece]. Devils who wished to increase their ranks after the war started gathering powerful servants, fewer in number but individually more powerful. Quality over quantity. [Evil Pieces] were created for this purpose. Do you know about chess?"

"It's similar to shogi, right?"

"Correct. There are sixteen pieces in a chess set: a King, a Queen, two Rooks, two Knights, two Bishops and eight Pawns. The Evil Piece system utilize all pieces beside the King, that become a title belonging to the master and owner of the pieces. Like me." She picks up a Knight. "By using them it's possible to reincarnate, or better transform someone into a Devil. By inserting them inside a body they will transform it into that of a Devil."

Those hints are enough for you to draw a conclusion. "So you want me to become your servant? Isn't a little drastic as a choice? I mean, I assume it's a lifetime commitment?"

"True, but reincarnated Devils can rise in rank and even one day have a peerage of their own. With time and effort everyone can rise through Devil society and become someone important."

[Notice how she didn't deny your question. This mean you could become important, but will always be subordinate to her.]

Bright-sensei is right. "Before deciding I would like to know the other choices."

"Of course. The second choice is to join as a temp Devil."

"You can do something like that?"

"Yes. As a temp Devil you don't have to be reincarnated into one, but you're expected to follow almost all the rules and duties of one. Also all your accomplishments go to me instead of boosting your reputation. The advantages are that you can quit when you want and that assaults on you are the same as being made on me, thus you will be protected."

This is more appealing, even if it means you will gain nothing beside protection as long as you work for her.

"The third is to become a Magician and become affiliated with my clan."

"Magician? As, a human who can use magic? A mage?"

"Correct. You said your Sacred Gear allowed you to instantly analyze and understand the magic spells in this room, right?" You nod. "When you did it you released powerful magical energy. I think it's either an innate talent or another gift from your Sacred Gear."

[You are a Twilight Caste.] Bright says with smugness and pride. [In its ranks there are the greatest scholars, sorcerers and artisans of the Realm. Magic and knowledge flows into your body as easily as air and blood.]

"I believe you could be a good Magician Hyodo-kun. Now, Devils and humans use magic differently, but human magic was first developed by studying Devils and their magic. It is considered something of a rite of passage for a young up-and-coming Devil to make a pact with a Magician. As such we have a long-last relationship with Magicians all over the world and frequently exchange techniques and knowledge. Even without joining a Mage Association you could learn magic by working for me and be able to summon one of us in case someone like the Fallen Angels attack you. In exchange you will help and fight for me."

This is also interesting. On one hand, magic! On the other, you may be called to fight in Rias-sempai's name.

[You are going to fight anyway. You have too much potential, many will covet your power.]

That's also true.

"Of course you can reject all choices." Rias shrugs. "But there is the risk of the Fallen Angels coming for you before you find an alternative."

So damned if you do, damned if you don't? Yup, life is unfair. Thanks God for small mercies like pretty girls.

However, you need to make a choice.

[] Join as a Devil.
    [] Join as a Temp Devil.
    [] Join as a Magician.
    [] Find another solution.
    [] Suggestions? (Write-in)

You are down to:

Personal: 12/17
    Peripheral: 35/40

Willpower: 8/8
    ----

Be warned: there are specific consequences for each path. For example, if you join as a Temp Devil you will not be taught magic of any type.

27. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

These paths do not necessarily seem mutually exclusive to me. For example we could start as a magician and then reincarnate later once we have a better understanding of devil magic. Joining the peerage immediately seems like a bad choice given that we have limited knowledge about underworld customs, what devil society is like, what Rias is like as a superior, etc.

As to choosing between being devils or being magicians however, it seems like the difference is between casting as a D&D sorcerer or as a wizard -- one learns by rote memorization and magical knowledge, the other learns by developing a natural talent. Our status as a Twilight almost certainly means that our talents lie in the direction of the magician rather than the devil, given that we're already scooping up magical knowledge just by looking at spells and whatnot. This may also limit the drawbacks of joining as a temp devil -- we may not need to be taught magic if we can learn it just by observing it in action.

28. Silversun17

Silversun17 Connoisseur.

[X] Join as a Magician.

29. Mu-Sensei

Mu-Sensei No Work, No Life.

[X] Join as a Magician.

Seems like the best bet.

30. Larekko12

Larekko12 Connoisseur.

Shouldn't we ask about the Mage associations proper and even heaven?

Ibskib and Snake21 like this.