1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

I will become God-Harem King of the World! [Highschool DxD/Exalted] (CLOSED)

Discussion in 'Questing' started by Alexander, Jan 23, 2014.

1. P_D

P_D Know what you're doing yet?

It's very unlikely that they will do that right away so we probably do have some time to prepare before then and It's not like we don't have anyone else to turn to. Like i have said who knows how many times, Abe can probably help us or at least direct us to someone who can and we can go see her today so it's not like we'll be completely helpless if they do decide to act before we learn magic.

I think setting up some kind of open arrangement with Rias that would not tie us to anything but would leave room for a contract and an alliance for the future would be ideal right now.
    I have said it once and will say it again, taking the deal right now will potentially tie us down until the unforeseeable future. Even asking Rias for details about what our contract would involve would be a good idea because as we stand now, we can only guess what we would have to contribute. Then, when i am proven either wrong or right, we can make the decision without having to assume things and that is always nice.

I am not, by any means suggesting that we should go solo, i am not even suggesting we turn the offer down, what i suggest is that we:
    1. Get more details about one potential offer for alliance/employment before accepting it.
    2. Find more potential allies.
    while making sure we retain our independence, because If we end up working for Rias we are shutting off all the other possible allies as we will be tied to the devil faction which is why we should try to establish a mutual alliance with Rias instead.
    While working for Rias has the most immediate benefits, it will hinder us on the long run.

I will post this again:
    These are all things we can get done TODAY. If the answer is that we will be allies or in some sort of equal exchange deal that won't tie us to them then we can accept it right NOW, otherwise we can deliver our answer tomorrow.

Whatever the case, we should go to Abe immerdiately after we are done here and ask about other people who might be able to help us.

Then we can use the rest of the day to find them and see what we can get from them. Ideally we manage to get some magic related study material. If they are students in this school and we can't find them today, we can use the lunch break to talk to them.

Then, if we have yet to do so, we can deliver our answer to Rias and whoever else we have gotten in contact with.

In the worst case scenario we have to wait one more day to get in contact with everybody interesting but we can spend that day starting our studies if we have gotten some books or something.

This way we can get in touch with as many potential allies and possibly establish most alliances on a short period of time. It will also open us for future dealings and establish us as a potential customer/ally and make it so that people know that we know about supernatural, opening communications with as many different factions as possible.

I do realize that we are on a tight schedule and don't want to waste any more time than necessary on this.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
    Least Devotee likes this.
  2. BobTheNinja

BobTheNinja Horny Aspiring Multiversal Adventurer

I'm willing to give P_D's idea a shot.

[X] Don't agree to any of the three options yet. Instead ask for more information regarding the nature of a Magician's affiliation with House Gremory, including specific obligations, duration, and our position in relation to Rias, House Gremory, and the Devil faction as a whole.

3. Odysseus2099

Odysseus2099 Versed in the lewd.

[X] Don't agree to any of the three options yet. Instead ask for more information regarding the nature of a Magician's affiliation with House Gremory, including specific obligations, duration, and our position in relation to Rias, House Gremory, and the Devil faction as a whole.

4. mishie

mishie Experienced.

[X]Ask for more information before making a decisions, such as learning more about what it means to be a magician working for her, or what exactly being turned into a Temp Devil will do to us.
    -[X]Mention that although we feel grateful for Kiba helping us, say that it wouldn't feel right for us to depend on somebody else for protection, that we want to take advantage of our new powers to finally be able to stand up for ourselves. Maybe we could mention that we wouldn't mind making an informal alliance where we agree to aid each other?

5. Nervaqus987

Nervaqus987 Well worn.

6. kinglugia

kinglugia A Randy Avian

So...how do we stunt this?

7. Alexander

Alexander That is not dead which can eternal lie

If you are worried I can make an intermission Post where Issei asks P_D questions and Rias answer. You don't have to decide a path right away.

It would, however, be wise to decide for one before the meeting end. Because, from Issei's perspective, the Fallen Angels are just waiting for him to be alone to murderkill him, with Raynare on a path of absolute vengeance.

Intermission Post?
    [] Yes
    -[] Add more questions? (Write-in)
    [] No

Sol Mark-1 likes this.
  8. kinglugia

kinglugia A Randy Avian

[X] Yes
    [X] Well, are there any magician groups that I might need to register/affiliate/make a blood pact with/sacrifice to? I don't want them to hate me for being an heretic, or try to kill my family.
    [X] Working together seems like a good idea. What does that mean exactly? You help me train my magic, or at least you said so, but what kind of tasks I can do in return when I barely know what my Sacred Gear does.
    [X] How closely together will we be working?
    [X] I won't have to sacrifice virgins to you, would I? 'Cause, I might have other plans for the ones I might get.
    -[X] Of course, I'll let you have the virgin-guy who's not me.

9. Heaven Canceler

Heaven Canceler Behind You!

I am not sure why People think we cannot make allies with other Groups even if we are allied with Rias Group as a magician... I mean sure, heaven's angels and fallen angels would be hard to get along with, but that would be true no matter with which group we interact the most. If we work much with angels, the other two won't trust us and vice versa.

10. Mu-Sensei

Mu-Sensei No Work, No Life.

I want to join Rias Group as ally. Badly. For Akeno, Rias and Koneko goodness.

But knowing more is only sensible, and who knows? It might even improve our standing on her eyes.

[X] Yes.
    [X] Well, are there any magician groups that I might need to register/affiliate/make a blood pact with/sacrifice to? I don't want them to hate me for being an heretic, or try to kill my family.
    [X] Working together seems like a good idea. What does that mean exactly? You help me train my magic, or at least you said so, but what kind of tasks I can do in return when I barely know what my Sacred Gear does.
    [X] I won't have to sacrifice virgins to you, would I? 'Cause, I might have other plans for the ones I might get.

The latter two... because Issei.

That aside, being a affiliated Magician doesn't seem a bad deal, because while they CAN abuse our services, so we can too, like calling one of the girls to make us company at night, or cook for us, or other things of the sort.

11. P_D

I wonder what i should vote...
    [X] Yes
    Of course. Also,
    [X]Mu-Sensei's questions
    The last one made me laugh.

12. kinglugia

kinglugia A Randy Avian

So the last of Mu-sensei's questions...do they include virgin boys or not?

13. P_D

Devil magic works by willing something and then just putting power into it until it becomes reality, right?
    So if we wish for someone to be a girl and then soak them in our glorious solar juices, it should make it reality, right?

14. kinglugia

kinglugia A Randy Avian

...I'd prefer to have natural gender, thank you very much.

15. Heaven Canceler

I thought Solar powah is only really good for biblical scale of influence. So, gender bender everyone in a 5 kilometres range. I wonder if we can do the same with the breast power-up canon Issei makes. Absorbing the power from every female in a wide area.

16. Pipeman

Pipeman Well worn.

This so much.
    I mean, it's like these people don't know about efficiency at all.
    If we get together with Kiba as he is, we'll have like most of the school's female population willing to do anything to get in on that action, which is a definite net plus for us.
    And get some hot Issei/Kiba action.

17. Alexander

You do realize Issei is straight righ-

*remember exactly WHO he has inside his head and the kind of society the said WHO came from*

Houston, we have a BIG problem.

18. Selias

Selias Well worn.

Don't worry about it. That's what the Genderbender spell is for!

19. BFldyq

BFldyq It's pronounced Be-Fled-Ick

I advise not changing Issei's sexuality unless it's important to the plot, or Issei starts suffering mental "contamination" from Bright Ice, which should be a plot point, so same difference.

Also, this must be said, I'm sorry: a Twilight? Really? :))

20. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

This. None of the other groups we could possibly join have anything other than OCs in them right now. Save maybe heaven, and there's no way in hell I'm trading an alliance with Team Gremory so we can possibly hang out with Irina and Xenovia a little earlier.

21. Threadmarks: New Popularity - Part 6
    Alexander

[X] Questions
    -----

"I am interested in the Magician option. It's okay if I ask some questions before making a final decision?"

"Sure, go on."

"There is indeed a Magic Council that regulate and govern Magicians, followed by single organizations where mages from the same country or following the same branch of magic gather together. And yes, registration is necessary. I can take care of it for you and register you as an apprentice under my clan. As long as you follow their rules, like the prohibition of experiments upon humans and other sentient races, you will be free to do as you wish."

[X] Working together, what does that mean exactly? You help me train my magic, but what kind of tasks I can do in return when I barely know what my Sacred Gear does?

"Well, that is what training and experimentation are for." She replies with an amused smile. "While I said there is a ceasefire it doesn't mean fights and battles will not happen in the future. There is a great number of individuals in the world that are a danger to society, both mundane and supernatural. As the heiress to the Gremory Clan and the one that was assigned to administer this city, it's my duty to take care of whoever intends to cause trouble. You will not be able to participate to Rating Games, but in any other situation where strength is required you will fight alongside my servants, either as a fighter or a bodyguard."

"Rating Games? What are those?"

"A competition popular among Devils, where peerages compete against one another. We call it the 'Rating Game'. There are even tournaments for it. The strength of a Devil's Pieces and also how strong they are at the Game affects the Devils' social position, and their peerage. There is a thing called [Piece Collect] where Devils gather humans with talents and make them into their [Pieces]. It's very popular recently. Talent is rewarded with better social status. They are basically battles in a controlled, non-lethal environment. Only official members of a peerage can participate."

"Other duties include, but are not limited to: making researches for me, helping with training, making stuff like potions and magic wards. Since there are types of magic that Devils can't access but humans can you will have to study and become proficient with some of them, the ones that I decide are more useful for me. In exchange for all of this we will help you develop your potential, act as your bodyguards and provide knowledge and resources, the latter as a cheaper price than normal."

"Finally, a pact between a Magician and Devil is two way. If both are powerful a pact provide benefits to each other in terms of status and fortune. This is merely a possibility for the future for now, but it’s worth considering."

"Quite closely. If you accept you will be required to remain in the city and in this school, so a transfer is not allowed. Since our contract is different compared to my servants you will have more freedom, but if there is an emergency you will have to answer my call unless there are extraordinary circumstances. To which I mean: serious injuries or being caught in mortal combat."

"What if, for whatever reason, I am all the way to the other side of the planet?"

"That is what teleportation circles are for."

Right.

What would my official standing be?

"A collaborator, more of less an independent contractor. Since you are a novice right now and I am a Noble your status would still be below me, but with time and effort you could very well rise as my equal." She makes a knowing smile. "In the Devil World strength means respect after all."

[Words to live for.] Ddraig comments.

[X] What would my political standing be? Would I be considered a part of the Devil faction or just an ally of the Gremory house?

"Definitely an ally. There will be some who will not see the difference, but in general you don't have to worry about being judged too hard. Devils have peaceful relations with many supernatural factions."

[X] How permanent would the contract be? Would this prevent me from making contracts or alliances with other people, especially those who are unrelated or unfriendly to the devil faction?

"I expect you to agree to a yet-to-be-determined but substantial minimum amount of time. This is an investment for me after all." She waves her finger. "I have nothing against you creating relationships with other unrelated factions, even more if I can benefit from them, but if you want to do it with the unfriendly ones you will first have to cut your alliance with me and other Devils. As they said: during conflict, either you choose to remain neutral or choose a side."

"Right, I should have imagined that." You sigh. "I suppose that as a modern guy I have difficulties adapting to this new kind of mentality."

"This is understandable. Please don't worry too much."

[X] I...won't have to sacrifice virgins to you, would I?

"One every Full Moon." She replies with a straight face. "I prefer boys, but good-looking females are fine too."

Silence. You look at her in astonishment, your mouth hanging open, before her composed stance cracks and she starts laughing, soon followed by the others.

"Ahahahaha! That joke never gets old!" She wipes the tears from her eyes. "Don’t worry Hyodo-san, Devils stopped doing human sacrifices and other similar acts a long time ago. Today we prefer a more friendly approach. Even then..." She snickers quite unlady-like. "We don't disdain playing on our old stereotypes if it is the case."

"Like, teasing the new guy?" You deadpan, your head low. "Men, I fell into it like a bee into the honey."

"There, there." Kiba pats your back with his usual smile.

Go away damn handsome.

22. Pipeman

Pipeman Well worn.

Do we have to revote on agreeing or can we just skip that unless this really changes things for anyone?

23. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

Yeah that's about what I expected. Being locked out of the rating games might be a problem for the events of a few arcs though -- Raiser might be able to prevent us from fighting in his match with Rias unless our social-fu is good enough to shut him down, and we'll never have any epic clashes with Sairaorg this way.

[X] Sign on as a Magician

Ainkrad likes this.
  24. Alexander

You don't have to revote. I am leaving the poll open for another few hours, so that people can be sure of their decisions, and then I will update. It will be an info dump before there is a time skip of a week. Or better, you will need to organize Issei's time for the next seven days, from training to Xp hunts and so on.

25. kinglugia

kinglugia A Randy Avian

26. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

It just occurred to me that meeting Asia was a random encounter in canon. Are we going to miss our window for that if it doesn't happen in this next week?

27. Heaven Canceler

28. Mu-Sensei

Mu-Sensei No Work, No Life.

Something to think about: Not being a pawn also allows us to challenge Raiser on our own. And we can cause aggravated damage to Unholy beings.

29. Pipeman

Pipeman Well worn.

We can theoretically sign on for that later, but to be honest having enough Social Charms to deal with should be more or less possible.
    I can't quite remeber when he was supposed to show up, but getting him to just leave again is not really that unlikely.

Edit:
    Not being a Pawn also means we'd be some outsider walking up to and beating the shit out of devil nobility with horribly cruel magic.
    I doubt that is really better.
    But, yeah, aggravated damage is definitely not something we should overlook when we have to deal with the regenerator.

30. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

Honestly we can probably go one better if our rolls are good; if he just leaves without making the challenge Rias still has a loveless marriage to worry about, but we can probably get him to hold off on the rating game until Rias has a full peerage by insinuating he can't beat her unless her peerage is at a fraction of its full strength.

Of course, as far as recruiting new people goes Rias is going to have to get whatever we leave for her, so that might be a problem too.

Probably worse. Remember, Sirzechs shielded Issei from the political consequences of breaking up the Gremory marriage. He might not do so here if we aren't as directly affiliated with Rias.