1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

I will become God-Harem King of the World! [Highschool DxD/Exalted] (CLOSED)

Discussion in 'Questing' started by Alexander, Jan 23, 2014.

1. Pipeman

Pipeman Well worn.

I think we are just voting for which to do first, though there is the possibility that our earlier actions during one of them may create new quests or lock out old ones or some simply change due to passage of time.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
  2. P_D

P_D Know what you're doing yet?

I'm not sure if that's the case, Alexander's post did say that we may pick multiple choices.

3. MHLord

MHLord Why hello there.

[X] Do all of the things

4. Alexander

Alexander That is not dead which can eternal lie

Theoretically you can do all of them. However, trying and succeeding are two different things.

I need to work on another story so the next update will be on Sunday. So you have time to decide how to assign time, write Stunts (essential in Exalted) and voting what adventures to take. I will consider the most voted one the first to be done. Later you can decide to go with the second most voted or vote again for something different.

The next update will be divided into fragments or "Days".

5. Malcolmo

Malcolmo Insert custom title here

[X] Eler0
    [X] Shady district
    [X] Kiba's request
    [X] Old shrine

6. Drakebane

Drakebane Well worn.

[X] Fluttering of Wings

7. Deathwings

Deathwings Questionable French Guy

[X] Kiba's request
    [X] Old shrine

8. BobTheNinja

BobTheNinja Horny Aspiring Multiversal Adventurer

Modifying my vote on the adventures portion.

[X] Kiba's request
    [X] Old shrine

Lets not bite off more than we can chew.

9. overmind

overmind Ruler of the Swarm

I have a question. What do you guys think of spending more time with Abe Kiyome in order to have a compannion that is not Canon?

10. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

Rather than Abe I would rather hang around with Kiryu on account of her having a much more interesting personality. Especially here, where her perversion appears to be skin-deep and she's not actually completely shameless when the chips are down.

11. overmind

I dislike Kiryu, plus she is too... normal.

And really, Ibdon't see anything interesting in her personality.

12. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

Normal is good. Normal is what we don't have in our harem yet, it's all exotic devils and catgirls and nuns and things.

Abe doesn't have a personality in the first place so I don't know how you would consider her to be any better. Kiryu's personality so far is that she's such a huge pervert that even the pervert trio are a little unnerved by her, but when she started frenching us earlier she became completely mortified when she realized she wasn't dreaming. It seems like she presents a front of shamelessness for some reason, perhaps to keep people at arm's distance in terms of relationships? Based on what I've seen I want to know more.

13. overmind

Yes, there is no normal in our harem, and I would like to keep it tha way.

The idea that Kiryu is an even bigger pervert, or that it is only a facade, only makes it more of a turn off. There should only be one member who is perverted in the harem, and that is Issei.

14. BobTheNinja

BobTheNinja Horny Aspiring Multiversal Adventurer

Dude, are you high? What's wrong with having a kinky girl in our harem? I think that would be freaking awesome to have a partner that's on Issei's wavelength.

15. P_D

I don't really care about either Kiryu or Abe that much but i feel like we may have some use for Abe's skills in the future and while Kiryu could be fun to hang out with, she could easily be used against us unless we present her to Rias (as a virgin sacrifice) and have her become a devil or we find our own way to empower mortals.

16. ReinZero

ReinZero QQ voters, geniuses at opposing their own goals.

[X] Eler0
    [X] Fluttering of wings
    [X] Old shrine

17. Heaven Canceler

Heaven Canceler Behind You!

In Addition to fluttering wings.

[X] Haunted house
    [X] Creepy shack
    [X] Kiba's request
    [X] Old shrine
    [X] Eler0

Edit: About Kiryu, shouldn't it be possible to teach her magic (And make her possibly the first member of our magic cabal.), or at least give her something like the devil's summoning Pamphlet. So, if she ever gets attacked, she can call us easily?

18. P_D

The thing about magic is that from my understanding it's pretty hard to learn for most people and would probably require a lot of time devoted to it so it's not really something one can just pick up to learn few spells.
    Making our own version of the devil summoning pamphlet is certainly not a bad idea and having something like that to hand to our harem members (especially Asia) could save us from a lot of trouble but that'll have to wait until we have a better Occult.

19. overmind

I don't. I keep having those flashbacks to when I first started reading Sekirei, and how too many perverted people on the same group only made it worse.

20. Mu-Sensei

Mu-Sensei No Work, No Life.

[quote author=ForgeofCreation]
    Underling Promoting Touch
    Cost: 7m, 1wp; Mins: Presence 5, Essence 3; Type: Simple
    Keywords: Obvious, Touch
    Duration: One story
    Prerequisite Charms: Majestic Radiant Presence
    Required for Charms: Servant-Uplifting Affirmation

Those who speak for a Solar share his majesty. This Charm imbues a target character with Solar Essence. When the target believes herself to be acting or speaking in the Solar’s name, her player adds the Solar’s Essence in dice to Presence rolls made for the character.
    [/quote]

As an exalt, we can empower people.

And then she hears about Exarmatio Spells (from Negima), or Dress Break, if we ever make it here.

Something to research at the first opportunity that is.

21. Walkir

Walkir Super Happy Awesome Fun Time On Vacation

Okay, this might sound stupid... did I miss a post with specifics for the quests besides just the name?

22. Heaven Canceler

Heaven Canceler Behind You!

I am not sure what you mean???

About perverted characters, there are already a bunch in the canon harem so that is not really a reason to say yes or no to it. Akeno is pretty obvious with the whole S&M thing, Xenovia has tried to seduce Issei in Canon and even Koneko can go serious if she sees the need to do so.

By the way, I just saw that canon Issei is a big fan of Dragonball, does that mean we can copy the Kamehameha in the future? That would be hilarious.

23. Walkir

All I see is the vote options, but nothing that tells me what's expected of us at "old shrine" for example. Besides that it has something to do with an old shrine, obviously.

24. Threadmarks: Training Days I: A Very Busy Week (Part 1)
    Alexander

Alexander That is not dead which can eternal lie

Found inspiration, it would be a crime wasting it.
    It's a tie between:
    [] Kiba's request
    [] Old shrine
    [] Optional: do both?
    The votes will continue: in the meantime, have this.
    -----

Day 1

Lesson 1: Magic training with Akeno-sempai

You stare at the huge pile of books Akeno-san put in front of you. Not only old-looking leather books, but also modern ones about mathematics, geometry and many modern disciplines.

"Issei-kun, the source of demonic-power is imagination." She calmly explains. "Devils only need their imagination, as well as having a good sense, to create and use magic, while magic is just knowledge to control equations, using your head and making calculations. It is something where the user uses the knowledge and calculations to know 'If I do this, this will happen'."

"So..." You put two and two together. "To use magic as a human I need to be able to make complex calculations in the brink of an eye?"

What is this, Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha?

....Learning Starlight Breaker would be extra cool though.

"Exactly! How are your grades Issei-kun?"

"...Average?"

"Then you better try hard!" She concludes with a smile. However, you can feel something dark beneath it. She opens a book at a certain page. "First, resolve this. You need to do it in few minutes."

You blanch at the impressive wall of numbers and symbol that look like some sort of alien alphabet. Even then you are undeterred. You will show Buchou and Akeno-san that you are the best Magician they have ever seen. That should impress them into joining your harem, right? Right?

Time passes, sweat rolling down your cheek as you strain your brain in a manner you never did it before. This is very advanced material, but at the base there is the stuff that you normally study at school. There is something that you've yet to grasp, the final piece to make everything connect together in a logical manner. You could almost feel it...
    And suddenly you find it. You eyes widen: it was so simple, why didn't you realize it before? Much faster than your previous attempts your complete the exercises and present the results to Akeno.

"Ara ara! This is all perfect!" Akeno-san nods approvingly. "You really have talent Issei-kun. It's a waste you're not yet a Devil."

Is this? Is this a flag? Did you raise it?

Hell yeah!

Extra training: Boosted Gear Training

"So..." You stretch in the empty lot near your house. It's night and nobody is around. "Ddraig? Please teach me how to use Boosted Gear."

[Very well. The gal here will explain too since she understands the changes.] Ddraig replies.

[I am not a 'gal' dragon, whatever that means. Worm: summon the gauntlet like you already did.]

"Boosted Gear!" The familiar gauntlet appears on your left forearm.

[To activate its power you need to attune it first. Attuning means committing a certain number of motes of Essence to an item, just as if you are sustaining the magic of a Charm. Attuned items become easy to handle, as if they are part of the user's body. Concentrate, focus your will on the purpose of using the Gear's power and inject into it motes until it reacts."

You follow her instructions. The motes of your Essence, that you see as sparkles of light, moves as fluidly as if they are a third limb on your body.

[Welsh Boost Overdrive!]

[Boost!]

You hear a mechanical voice from the gauntlet. After it you feel the forming of a third pool of Essence beside your internal and external ones: if you have to place it, you would collocate it inside the gauntlet and left to reality.

Weird.

[This is an Overdrive Pool of Essence. The motes from it can only be used for offensive goals. However, this is perfect for you as a Twilight since it grants you greater firepower and let you focus your normal reserves into defense.]

[Boost!]

After five seconds the voice is heard again.

[Normally Boosted Gear double the power every ten seconds. Here however the time is halved. The doubling will stop once the collected energy reaches the limit your body can handle or if you start using it, so you need to mind your timing.] Ddraig supplies.

Another two Boosts before you feel you have reached your limit.

[Now you can use part of the motes in the Overdrive Pool to raise your physical attributes: your strength, your speed and your endurance. Doing it will put a strain on your body and left you fatigued once the effect wears off, so be careful in its use.]

'You mean, depending on the number and strength of my adversaries I need to change my strategy to the best fitting one?'

[Yes. Some times victory will be obtained only if you are willing to gamble, but this is a lesson for another time. Now, try to raise your strength and destroy a sturdy target.]

'Alright.'

[Explosion!]

You call upon the motes and channel them into your body. Then you walk to a nearby concrete pipe and punch it with your uncovered fist.

CRACK!

Your fist leaves its print on the concrete. Your hand is fine and you don't feel pain.

You smirk: yes, you can definitely use this.

-----

A confused Rias Gremory, having just teleported, stands inside Issei's room.

His empty room.

"Where is he?" She wonders aloud.

After searching the house (finding only Issei's sleeping parents) and waiting for two hours she leaves, deciding to try her "Use Ise as a cuddling pillow and make a position as her servant more appealing" plan another day.

Lesson 2: Teach us Ddraig-sensei!

Inside your mindscape.

"Hey Ddraig: is your offer to teach me Dragon techniques still valid?" Your ask the laziest resident in your head.

"Sure." He stands up. "Summon Boosted Gear: it comes easier that way." You do it. "Now, observe."

He turns to the sky and opens his jaws: a sphere of red energy forms inside it before he fires a beam. He repeats the action, only this time the sphere leaves his mouth: once it did it grows much bigger before exploding after traveling a certain distance.

"This is called [Dragon Shot]. It basically boils down to concentrate your energy into a compressed form and then fire it, either as a beam or as a bomb. This is a basic technique that young dragons need to master before they can accede to their elemental breath."

"Looks like Elemental Bolt Attack to me."

You and Ddraig turn and stare at Bright, who is watching you while laying down in mid-air (how do she does that?!). "Elemental Bolt Attack?" You ask.

"A Charm used by the Dragon-Blooded, created to made best use of their master of Elements. It permits a Dragon-Blooded to fire a bolt of elemental energy appropriate to his aspect from his hand. It works best when used in conjunction with other people, to combine the different powers into an attack of exceptional power."

Sounds interesting. "Can you tell me how it works?"

"No. But I can show you."

She waves her hand and the scenery change. Instead of the tower you are now on a field of snow. There are people here: another Bright, watching atop a flying vehicle numerous people in armor doing some sort of kata.

Suddenly a winged robot drops down from the vehicle and flies away. The people in armor react as one man and turn towards the robot, arms outstretched.

"HA!"

At their shout numerous bolts of red, blue and white energy are fired from their hands, hitting the robot and obliterating it.

"Again!" The other Bright commands. Another robot appears and the process is repeated.

"This is when I personally supervisioned the training of my Dragon-Blooded warriors, in preparation for the ever-present threat of the armies of the Wyld." The Bright next to you comments. "Wretched as they may be, no one of my subordinates betrayed me during the Usurpation."

You just nod at her words, your eyes not leaving the warriors for even a moment. "Can I keep watching?"

"All the time you want. It will reset itself at the end and begin anew."

Half of the successive training is spent under Ddraig, while during the other half you try to decipher the secrets of the warriors of old.
    ----

The "Adventures" will appear in a different post.

25. Mu-Sensei

[X] Do both.

Hohoho! So Rias is trying to Seduce us into her harem peerage!? Two can play that game.

To the Residents Exalted specialists: Is there a seduction charm appropriate for such a situation? Can we buy it with what Issei currently have?

26. Jedarol

Jedarol I trust you know where the eject button is?

[X] Do both.

the next time we do a training plan we need to put in time to create the ultimate befriending beam. for science.. not because we want to instill a fear of the color pink into our enemies. of course not. (or whatever color we choose)

Sergius, BlackThief12 and starwarlord like this.
  27. Mu-Sensei

Fixed it for you... Because Issei, and FOR SCIENCE! must be always on capitals, and it requires an Exclamation sign.

starwarlord likes this.
  28. Walkir

[X] Do both.

29. Jedarol

Jedarol I trust you know where the eject button is?

.. well if we go by memetic nanoha.. those things happen anyways. "run through with her big fat pink thing".. oh the inneundo you can make with starlight breaker.

30. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

Ah, the consequences of training too hard: leaving no room for snuggle time.

*Gendo pose*

Funny you should mention that. There's an Alchemical charm called Thousandfold Courtesan Calculations which (A) doubles the social bonus we get from our appearance over less-attractive opponents, (B) gives us an immense database of sexual techniques and essentially makes us the perfect lover, and (C) lets us make post-coitus social attacks that are difficult to fend off and nearly impossible if the attack is used to forge an intimacy of lust or infatuation. Solars can't learn Alchemical charms, but none of that is beyond the capability of homebrew Presence charms so we can both emulate it and come up with something better.

Akuma-Heika likes this.