1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

I will become God-Harem King of the World! [Highschool DxD/Exalted] (CLOSED)

Discussion in 'Questing' started by Alexander, Jan 23, 2014.

1. Vanilla

Vanilla Getting some practice in, huh?

[X] Evil Pieces Variant
    [X] Shady district

2. Bloodshifter

Bloodshifter The Bio-Armor Lover

So is
    Craft (Magi-Tech) (Evil Pieces)
    And
    Occult (Devil Magic)
    Specialities still 1XP and all we need to do is work on them for the 3 hours needed to normally raise a dot?

3. Odysseus2099

Odysseus2099 Versed in the lewd.

Quick question, why are so many people going for the Evil Pieces? That's the path that is literally the least useful to us long term, especially considering they basically count as an N/A artifact in setting. (Which is odd considering that literally any Exalted god or demon can do basically the same thing with endowment charms.)

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
  4. Heaven Canceler

Heaven Canceler Behind You!

The least useful? How do you get that idea? The other choices are binding a Spirit to him/her, which is very much dangerous, even considering Mil-tan already has some serious power, or using Exalted stuff that costs us ton of ressources and we would need to get stuff that wouldn't take otherwise. Checking the Evil Pieces and any other local things has the best potential I think.

Alternatively, we could go and talk with Seriafall Leviathan when it Looks that we won't manage it and ask her if she wants to make Mil-tan her Student and part of her Peerage.

5. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

I think so, yeah. The problem is getting the Craft (Magitech) skill; we don't get it just because we have 3 dots in Craft (Earth) and Craft (Air), we need to purchase those dots separately and we can't do that without meeting minimums in a few other skills. Occult (Devil Magic) works just fine though.

They do not count as N/A artifacts or as artifacts at all, Alexander mentioned that a few pages ago.

6. Ubylkoen

Ubylkoen Not Ganondorf.

[X] Evil Pieces Variant
    -[X] Don't discard the other options just yet, as you learned in your fight against the fallen angel, having fire magic doesn't make mundane explosives, even makeshift ones, less effective. If mixing the styles get the best results, then that is the path.
    [X] Shady district
    -[X] Rias has asked you to attend a hunt for a Stay Devil with her and the others.

7. Bloodshifter

Magi-tech has other requirements? As far as I know its Craft(Air)and (Earth) 3 dot.

8. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

I'm pretty sure you also need dots in Lore and Occult plus a minimum intelligence score or something. I know it's a pain in the ass to get and the devs are on record saying that a single Twilight shouldn't be able to start recreating the First Age right out the gate.

9. Larekko12

Larekko12 Connoisseur.

Eh. Can we use the Sojiko and Gromweld Mods to craft? Where Craft is a Single single Skill to raise and you buy the individual ones like specialities.

So you can have Craft five. Then Buy Water, Fire, and Earth and they are all five?

10. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

How about instead we don't fuck around with the crafting system any more than is absolutely necessary? We don't want to be a crafter, we want to be a kung-fu wizard. Being a crafter in addition to that is just spreading our EXP thin over multiple specialties when it could be invested in making us an even more powerful sorcerer.

11. noahgab1133

noahgab1133 Don't you trust me?

[X] Evil Pieces Variant
    [X] Shady district
    -[X] Rias has asked you to attend a hunt for a Stay Devil with her and the others.

12. iamnuff

iamnuff Connoisseur.

finally caught up, this is interesting.

13. Pipeman

Pipeman Well worn.

Finally caught up again.

[X] Evil Pieces Variant
    -[X] Don't discard the other options just yet, as you learned in your fight against the fallen angel, having fire magic doesn't make mundane explosives, even makeshift ones, less effective. If mixing the styles get the best results, then that is the path.
    [X] Shady district

Is the most long-term project, meaning we don't have to worry that soon about it and seems like it'd give the most benefits outside of making this one guy happy.

14. Threadmarks: Training Days I: A Very Busy Week (Part 4)
    Alexander

Alexander That is not dead which can eternal lie

Day 4

"Can I see the Evil Pieces again?" You ask Rias.

She blinks owlishly. "I don't mind, but why?"

You steal a quick glance a Kiba: after discussing you decided to try developing your own version of the Evil Pieces as a solution to Mil-tan's problem. Provided your research will not cause Bucho problems in any way, he agreed to help you.

He better keep his word this time or you will burn his ass. With gasoline.

"You know how one of my powers is to analyze any objects of magical nature? I want to test it on something more complicated than a magic circle."

"I see. I would be an interesting experiment. But despite their appearance they are very complex objects. Are you sure?"

Luckily you discussed with Bright any possible objection and a way to answer it without lying. "It would set a good measuring limit even if it fails. I think that at worst it would give me a headache."

She nods. "Alright. I confess I am curious myself." She goes to retrieve the box where she keeps her Pieces. "Ajuka-sama constantly refuses to divulge any but the basic information about his creations. I heard that many think it's a test of sort."

Interesting. Wait, if this was a game wouldn't that sound almost like... "Do you think there are hidden features that would make them more powerful?"

"Yes, it's a possibility." She flashes you her best smile as she puts down on the table the Evil Pieces' box. "Of course, I am going to try every opportunity to get there first. Are you up to the challenge Ise-kun?"

Koneko, Akeno and Kiba lean forward, clearly interested.

"Anytime!" You do a thumb-up. "Failure is just another reason to stand up and try again to get what you want."

"Good answer." She laughs. She takes out a Pawn Piece. "Let's try with a Pawn first."

"Alright." You bring your face closer to it and activate your Anima Power.
    FRZZZ...

You blink rapidly. "Woah, trippy."

"Did you get anything?"

You massage your head. "Only fragments, like someone smashed the whole thing and hid the majority of the remains. And I absolutely don't have any idea about their meaning. But..." Your eyes narrow. "I think they are made of crystal."

"Crystal?" Rias passes a finger over the smooth surface.

"Yes, and it is somehow essential to make them work. I'm sorry, this is the best I can say for now. Can I try again next time?"

"Sure. Feel free to do it every day."
    ----

"In order to make my hopes a reality I went out of my way to face my ideals. I still don't have any results yet. It'll probably be a long time until I get an answer..."

Yuuto Kiba stares at the screen as the credits starts rolling. He didn't know why he bought the film. Call it curiosity.

But...maybe it wasn't a waste of money.

With a determined nod he stands up and walk to his computer. A quick search with Google holds the desired results. He clicks on one of them and begins reading.

"Judging the concept of creation, hypothesizing the basic structure, duplicating the composition material...adding the history?"

He smirks.

"Interesting."

----

Learned:

----

"AH!" A ball of compressed golden energy forms in your palm before you thrust your hand forward and fire a beam that annihilate three tree in one blow.

"Yes!" You cheer up.

[Congratulation boy. You learned Dragon Shot] Ddraig compliments you.

[No, it was something else.] Bright suddenly says.

'Eh?' [What do you mean?]

[Granted, you adapted a pre-existing one to your needs, but to do it in a few days...Uh uh, maybe the worm has some fangs after all.]

'Make sense please?'

[Simply put you created a Charm. Do you know what Charms truly are?] She doesn't wait for your to answer. [To put it in terms you can understand, it is defined as 'Charm' the natural outgrowth of a Solar's skill feats backed up by essence, to be able to shatter mortal limits. To use one is to do something that normally shouldn't be possible under any circumstance. Charm defy causality to bring forth an otherwise impossible result. Each and every one of them is capable, by your world's standards, of performing Miracles.]

Your eyes widen.

[Back in Creation when one learn a pre-existing Charm his name is simply added to the list of rightful users. In contrast, creating a new one involves modifying the entirety of reality to make his effects possible. The Primordials built Creation this specific ways, not realizing that would be their undoing. But you, through nothing but effort, managed to do the same to this reality.]

You feel excited. 'Does this mean...?'

[Yes!] She laughs. [The Exaltations are so powerful that let even an utterly talentless worm warp an entire reality not of their own. Praise the Unconquered Sun! Praise The Great Maker!]

You hate her so much.

15. MHLord

MHLord Why hello there.

[X] Issei Beam

16. Barret

Barret Versed in the lewd.

Showing Kiba Fate/Stay Night has given him ideas. Unlimited Blade Works ho!

[X] Issei Beam

Changing vote to:
    [X] Dragon Wave

Athain, Rakih Elyan and KenNM like this.
  17. Mu-Sensei

Mu-Sensei No Work, No Life.

Nah, he'd call it Oppai beam if anything...

[X] Dragon Wave

From DxD's world kamehameha expy.

18. overmind

overmind Ruler of the Swarm

[X] Dragon Wave

19. Bloodshifter

So if we have Exp Occult(Evil Pieces) is worth buying 3xp for 3 extra dice on figureing them out.

20. Walkir

Walkir Super Happy Awesome Fun Time On Vacation

What do you mean "if"?

21. Bloodshifter

We are spending some of that aren't we? Their are a couple of Exp Plans between then and now.

22. Silversun17

Silversun17 Connoisseur.

[X] Dragon wave

23. Ubylkoen

Ubylkoen Not Ganondorf.

[X] Issei Beam

24. Malcolmo

Malcolmo Insert custom title here

[X] Dragon Shot

25. Happerry

Happerry The Song to the Flame

[X] Dragon Wave

26. MHLord

MHLord Why hello there.

Nah, Oppai Beam will be our pseudo Dress-break charm.

Akuma-Heika likes this.
  27. P_D

P_D Know what you're doing yet?

[X] Dragon Wave

28. Silver W. King

Silver W. King King of Adventures

[X] Dragonic Judgment

29. Mu-Sensei

Mu-Sensei No Work, No Life.

Which would be awesome and not require touch.

I suggest making a Exarmatio instead of a Dress Break.

http://www.batoto.net/read/_/2307/mahou-sensei-negima_v28_ch251_by_enigma/7
    http://www.batoto.net/read/_/2307/mahou-sensei-negima_v28_ch251_by_enigma/8

Omnidirectional stripping wave FTW!

Akuma-Heika likes this.
  30. Jedarol

Jedarol I trust you know where the eject button is?

[X] Dragon Wave

yeah, lets leave the oppai beam to be a strip beam effect.