1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

I will become God-Harem King of the World! [Highschool DxD/Exalted] (CLOSED)

Discussion in 'Questing' started by Alexander, Jan 23, 2014.

1. Walkir

Walkir Super Happy Awesome Fun Time On Vacation

Well, I liked the Sidereal quest, but this one is better.

2. overmind

overmind Ruler of the Swarm

What I disliked about that quest was mainly when they started adding other Exalted. It should have remained just an OCP from the beginning instead of adding more.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
  3. P_D

P_D Know what you're doing yet?

Any concept can be made good as long as you put thought and effort into it
    but
    as others have already said, you do have quite a few quests already and starting more might slow down your already rather slow updates. If you really like the idea, sit on it and plan until you get at least one of your already running quests finished or try pitch it to someone else. You could try modifying the ideas you get for it so you can use them in another quest. If you have the time and creativity, and want to write something different, maybe try start updating one of your other quests more regulary (but only if you think you can do so without this one suffering). Making some kind of update schedule might help with that.
    I really like your stuff but you have the bad habit of starting an interesting quest, going with it for a while and then dropping it into what i like to call the irregular update purgatory before it really goes anywhere.

4. Alexander

Alexander That is not dead which can eternal lie

That's why I said this one is only an idea. I will say again:

I will not do the quest.

But I would like to discuss it with you.

Anyway, the first world I considered is Negima.

5. Heaven Canceler

Heaven Canceler Behind You!

There are a couple interesting choices there. Ako and Ayaka are up there with some of the more interesting choices. One of the three Cheerleaders could be amusing. With the twins it would have the Problem of choosing one of course, unless you make some Kind of double Exaltation or something like that. Maybe one of the Girls from the magical School where Yue Ends up in? Or possibly give it to Konoka and see how she suddenly gets involved as an fighter and talker instead of (only) being involved as a healer. Generally though, it is lacking ways to really turn the story on its head I think. Everything is pretty set in concerning the storyline.

6. iamnuff

iamnuff Connoisseur.

Sidereal Side-character?

[​IMG]

Looks like a job for Zennosuke!

(seriously, i had to google "Afroman" because nobody remembers his name.)

actually, Bleach has a couple of easily forgettable side-characters who could be fun to play with.

Mizuiro always seemed to be hiding something.

not to mention that Ichigo would be the perfect Not-too-bright main character for us to dance around.

7. Threadmarks: Issei's Awesome Adventures: Shady District (Part 2)
    Alexander

Alexander That is not dead which can eternal lie

So you think setting with lesser plot armor are best? Like?

[X] Perform some martial arts Kata to pass the time.
    ----

You decide to perform some kata to pass the time and warm up for the delinquents. With Monkey Leap Technique you jump up to a rooftop: it's empty save for the entrance to the internal stairs. Perfect.

Entering the position Bright taught you start with a punch, followed by a low and high kick combo. Step forwards.

Turn and slash with a right elbow. Sweep with left leg. Followed by a right knee and high kick.

You begin with simple combinations, yet as you practice under the majesty of the Sun you come to remember recent battles-

Bright-sensei, merciless but precise-

Koneko-chan, serious but understanding-

And a shadow fight in your new preferred style-

Donhaseek standing in front of you, light spear in hand-

He thrusts. You sidestep, advance, hit his elbow, advance, uppercut.

You kick off a wall and dance in the air.

[embed=425,349]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uytpEt73TKs#t=108[/embed]

Straight-punches, low-hits, middle-uppercuts, high-kicks, sweeps, bashes, round-house kicks, flying-kicks, knee-strikes, elbows, backhands, rams, body-slams, right-hooks...

"AH!"

You land, your first carving open the rooftop and creating a crater.

Finishing Move!

"Wait what?" You blink furiously in complete confusion. "I...Did I just...?"

[Took a great leap in your study of Martial Arts?] Bright's voice sounds amused. [Maybe. Maybe not. It's one of the few fields I have not interest to. But you chose Dawn to do your training, so I suppose Fate found it appropriate to reward you.]

A smile splits your face into two. You punch the air and look with glee as the air around your fist lets out an audible 'Bang!'

"I know kung-fu!"

Best. Power. Ever.
    You hear a rumor. Turning around you find a girl who just stepped out from the door, her mouth hanging open.

Ooops?

"I'm an hallucination!" You cross your arms before leaping over the edge of the rooftop.

"Wa-!"

With the grace of a monkey (monkeys have grace?) you run away until you are sure the girl will not be able to find you.

When you were training people started populating the street, now there is enough activity to suit your purpose. You buy a quick snack and some bottled water from a small store and step into the shadows of a dark corner, to see without being seen. With that done you start to keep watch on the street.

Your efforts are rewarded when a group of people all dressed in green and black enters a bar.

By how the first one kick the door so hard to break the glass and the knob, and by how you can hear screams from inside and see other customers run away you deduce two things:

One: those guys means troubles.

Two: this is exactly what you wanted.

Smiling you drop your improper breakfast into a trashcan and step outside.

"Here's come the Hero~!"

How do you approach this?
    [] Full frontal
    [] Cover action
    [] A trap
    [] Something else?
    ----

The song now is Issei's official battle theme. Also, now I need to insert Yang into this story somehow.

8. Mu-Sensei

Mu-Sensei No Work, No Life.

[X] Frontal Assault

Anya. Just to make Negi's life even more complicated...

Or, if you want to start from the start, Chisame.

Just to be clear, I'm not agaisnt Konoka or Ayaka, but considering their personalities, it would have to be a NSFW quest...

9. Silversun17

Silversun17 Connoisseur.

do you have plans for that girl? you could have HER be Yang and get committed to finding us.

[X] Challenge.
    -[X] You land on the street and walk to the door of the bar, picking up a chunk of debris as you go. Reaching a door your eyes sweep over the gang and you throw the debris at the strongest member of the group Just hard enough to gather their attention. "Oui, dumb-asses, why don't you pick on someone who can fight back or are you cowards who can only target those who won't fight back?" you back up to the street and make the rudest gesture come here gesture you can and then flip them off. when the come out blitz the leader.

10. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

The presence of a color scheme suggests either gang activity or some kind of organized crime. In that case, this may be something like a shakedown for protection money and these guys aren't the root of the problem, just a symptom. Jumping in head-first and busting heads might not be the most optimal solution -- it could lead to violent retaliation against the store owners in the future.

[X] Assess the situation.
    -[X] If you must lead with a frontal assault, pretend to be a concerned customer rather than some kind of hired help or passing hero. Try to take the fight out of the store so as to not cause more property damage than the guys you're fighting.

Trooper1021 likes this.
  11. Tetsurō

Tetsurō Communist Penguin

[X] Full frontal

Perverts have no need for shame.

12. overmind

overmind Ruler of the Swarm

-[X] If you must lead with a frontal assault, pretend to be a concerned customer rather than some kind of hired help or passing hero. Try to take the fight out of the store so as to not cause more property damage than the guys you're fighting.

13. staplesdex2

staplesdex2 Status: CLASSIFIED

14. Brandark

Brandark Not too sore, are you?

[X] Wait and watch .

You need a plan so that innocent bystanders don't get caught up in the fight . Assess the situation first .

15. MHLord

MHLord Why hello there.

Yessssssss. Yang is awesome!

16. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

Wait a sec. Gangs of hoodlums, color schemes... by any chance did we just run into one of Durarara's color gangs?

17. iamnuff

iamnuff Connoisseur.

colours are a traditional gang thing anyway, even if its not durarara's.

hell, it could be the Grove Street Bangers for all we know.

18. P_D

P_D Know what you're doing yet?

19. Silversun17

Silversun17 Connoisseur.

it's a bar.

20. Fellgar

Fellgar Connoisseur.

[X] Shell out 9 exp to raise Dodge to 4 for the coming fight.

21. darklord

darklord Versed in the lewd.

[x] take out a scarf and PUT IT ON!!!
    we all ready have dark angels trying to kill are family we don't need a gang trying to gun them down as well
    [X] Frontal Assault

22. ShadowAngelBeta

ShadowAngelBeta Well worn.

Because she wants to learn from us maybe? Although I don't think mortals can learn any of the Celestial Martial Arts (not even if they're Enlightened I think?) so we'ed have to pick up some Terrestrial Styles to teach her... or she really wants a sparring partner. Also I want Ruby there as well, since they're supposed to be sisters and she's adorable.

23. Silversun17

Silversun17 Connoisseur.

And Issei would love being able to add a pair of sisters to his harem?

24. Drakebane

Drakebane Well worn.

[X] Frontal Assault

25. BobTheNinja

BobTheNinja Horny Aspiring Multiversal Adventurer

26. noahgab1133

noahgab1133 Don't you trust me?

27. Larekko12

Larekko12 Connoisseur.

We need to call the police or try to talk this down. They're is too much of a chance for hostage taking and too much chaos in there.

28. Walkir

Walkir Super Happy Awesome Fun Time On Vacation

29. Silversun17

Silversun17 Connoisseur.

Is anyone reading what they are voting for?

That is a Bar, Issei is in high school. Think for a moment.

Trooper1021 likes this.
  30. Heaven Canceler

Heaven Canceler Behind You!

I put off Anya because she is not a mostly normal Person, but she could most certainly be interesting. And Chisame could be fun.

I understand, but the hijinks Ayaka or Konoka could get into Sound amusing.

Let me think for a Moment. To aru Majutsu would be an interesting choice. There are so many side-characters that only have a very small importance, but a Change to the timeline could really make things go very different. Himegami in specific would deserve it and the Setting is so full with different possibilitites that a Little Change here or there is enough to make the entire storyline go different. Puella Magi could also be interesting, depending on whether an Exalted can screw with the Puella System. Though I lack any idea on who to make an Exalted. Sayaka, that friend of her and Madoka, Kamijou? Type-Moon could also be interesting if you give for example Satsuki the power just when she is about to turn into a Vampire or give it to Taiga... or someone else. Really, that setting could do with an Exalted or two. Nurarihyon no Mago also has potential if a formerly normal character were to gain abilities.

The World God only Knows and Haruhi Suzumiya could be used for more social based stuff instead of battle, though there are certainly a few times when combat is useful. Though once again, These are series with firmly set storylines and changing things can end badly.

Percy Jackson and Harry Potter have potential and there are a number of side-characters that could be used.