1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

I will become God-Harem King of the World! [Highschool DxD/Exalted] (CLOSED)

Discussion in 'Questing' started by Alexander, Jan 23, 2014.

1. Mu-Sensei

Mu-Sensei No Work, No Life.

Exalt one of the Imoutos. That ought to change things up a bit.

Madoka, and have homura try to figure that one out. Wasn't mentioned that Sideral exaltations are brought from seeing despair on the face and continuing? Then Mami, when she fights Charlotte.

Good god, Exalted Taiga...

2. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

That would be pretty hilarious, but it would require more independence than the Imoutos possess. I'm reasonably certain they wouldn't qualify as heroic mortals, much less Exalted-caliber heroic.

Sidereal Exaltations happen because they're fated to happen. Spitting in the face of despair is a quality of Solar and Lunar exaltations under different circumstances, while giving in and then wanting a second chance sometimes leads to an Infernal.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
  3. Mu-Sensei

So each kind has its own prerequisites... Is there a list somewhere?

Don't know much about exalttations, granted, but in your own words:

Doesn't that solves any issues but the one of the exalted sister acting on her new powers?

4. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

Not really a list, but I can summarize.

Solars are awesome mortals who do awesome things. They are master swordsmen and martial artists, brilliant scholars and doctors and thaumaturges, diplomats who throw their whole lives into ending wars, things like that. A Solar Exaltation sometimes happens when these sorts of highly-driven heroic people face a challenge which is utterly beyond them and step up to the plate anyways.

Lunars are survivors. Where a Solar is defined by being a master swordsman or a scholar, Lunars are defined by being the strongest, the fastest, the most intelligent, the most perceptive, etc. A Lunar exaltation happens when a person overcomes incredible odds, such as fleeing a pack of slave hunters by running into the teeth of a northern ice storm and then living to tell about it.

Sidereals receive their exaltations at birth and then are guided by them to some extent throughout their lives until the moment they are destined to exalt. This is also why the Sisters probably wouldn't be Sidereals; if a Sister had a Sidereal exaltation, she would have a great deal more personality and independent thought compared to the rest of the hivemind.

The Dragonblooded exalt by some form of spiritual enlightenment if memory serves (unless that's just Immaculate dogma I'm thinking of).

The Abyssal Exalted are what happens when a person who could have been a Solar fails and dies in the attempt of doing something heroic. As he bleeds out, the deathlords approach him with an offer of a second life in exchange for his undying service as a death knight.

The Infernal Exalted, as I said, are what happens when a person who could have been a Solar has a moment of weakness and chickens out. Typically this results in something happening that the character deeply wishes he could undo, at which point the yozis offer to give him that second chance in exchange for service to them.

The Alchemicals are the result of a hideously expensive industrial process and are made using souls with a history of heroism over several lifetimes.

The Liminals are a new addition to 3E. A Liminal is a sort of Frankenstein Exalt -- when a person tries to raise the dead (one of the few things that is absolutely impossible even for the Exalted), an entity from the Underworld called the Dark Mother will sometimes meet them halfway. The person isn't properly resurrected, but instead a new soul is born and implanted in the body.

The Getimians are also from 3E and are related to the Sidereals. All we know about them is that they're born from "stillborn destinies."

Lastly, the Exigents are a new form of Exalt which is also new to 3E. These Exalts are born from the lesser gods rather than the Incarnae who make the Solars and the rest -- when a god's purview is threatened in some way they can petition the Unconquered Sun for access to the forge of the Exaltations and use a chunk of their own power to make an exaltation with a custom charm set, which they then give to favored servants. This splat doesn't have a set ability list, but is supposed to come with a set of do-it-yourself charm crafting rules which allow players to easily make their own charm sets. This way you can have the Exalted of Shadows, or the Exalted of the Harvest, or the Exalted of Storms or any number of concepts like that.

5. fitzgerald

fitzgerald Experienced.

Infernal's are less Solars who chickened out but more those who Failed.

More along the lines of "You pulled a desperate last stand, sadly you failed to stop X's army from crushing Y"

Or "You had almost got away with the theft of a lifetime when that damned investigator became an Anthema and tracked you down."

Epic Failures who at their lowest moment get visited by a demon going "Here's a second chance, all you have to do is help free the Yozis"

6. Nervaqus987

Nervaqus987 Well worn.

Immaculate dogma.

Dragonblooded Exaltation is carried in the bloodlines. If you have the blood and the right circumstances(usually something stressful) you'll Exalt. Creation being what it is and the Dragonblood typically having a sex drive(and orientation) of "Yes", there's basically no humans left in Creation that don't have the potential, however small, to Exalt as a Dragonblood.

Way back when the Exalted were created, it was understood that you needed more than seven hundred hero units to win a war. You needed an appropriately badass army. The Five Elemental Dragons created their own Exaltations to be less powerful, but more numerous and self replicating. They created the original Ten Thousand Dragons, which consisted of 9, 900 women and 100 men and essentially said "Be fruitful and multiple."

Which they did. Enthusiastically.

End result was a lot of Dragonblooded.

Dragonbloods originally were also guaranteed to Exalt, and would often do so at around 8~, but almost definitely before they hit puberty. However, after Dragonblooded started having children with non-Dragonblooded, the Blood of the Dragons diluted to the point where Exaltation was no longer a sure thing.

Smuthunter likes this.
  7. Adyen

Adyen Experienced.

Wasn't the theory that generally the situations that put them at the lowest of their low was DUE to the Yozis?

8. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

I remember everything else in this post, I'm just trying to think of what the trigger condition is that separates potential dragons who exalt from those who don't. The DB sourcebook points this out in a bunch of places, that even among the dynasts where the dragon's blood is thickest the exaltation isn't a guarantee anymore.

That happens in some situations. Occasionally a person will do something badass and Solar-worthy but won't get an exaltation because all the shards are occupied. Since the Infernal shards are made from a handful of stolen and corrupted Solar shards, the yozis can sometimes be blamed for the failures of potential Solars (so can the deathlords, for that matter).

9. Nervaqus987

Nervaqus987 Well worn.

No, because the Yozi don't need to engineer situations where someone with the drive and ambition needed to Exalt reaches beyond themselves and gets slapped down by the fact that Creation is a shitty death world for powerless mortals and has no concern for them or their hopes and dreams.

Essentially?

Luck.

If a Dynast is unlucky, those few drops of mortal blood in their veins will be enough to prevent them from Exalting. If a Mortal out in the Threshold is lucky, the few drops of Dragon's Blood in them will be enough to kindle into a full fledged Exaltation.

10. kinglugia

kinglugia A Randy Avian

Alright, enough with the derail of Sidereals and stuff, I'm here to read Issei being sunshine awesome, not Sidereal discussions. Take it to PMs, please.

11. Threadmarks: Issei's Awesome Adventures: Shady District (Part 3)
    Alexander

Alexander That is not dead which can eternal lie

[X] Assess the situation.
    -[X] If you must lead with a frontal assault, pretend to be a concerned customer rather than some kind of hired help or passing hero. Try to take the fight out of the store so as to not cause more property damage than the guys you're fighting.

----

Rushing it isn't good. You have no doubt you can take those dumbasses (you wrestled with a Servant of God fallen from Heaven for crying out loud!) but you don't want to put innocent people in danger. The best thing to do first is to take a closer look at the situation, to determine what is best to do and what is best to not do.

Of course, with that being a bar if you, a high school student, enter the thing would be suspicious. Unless you can pass for a truant.

...Which you are because, you confirm it by looking at your watch, your should have been at school hours ago. Oh well, you will tell the truth: that you have to stop delinquents from harassing normal people.
    "I never taught him that."
    Who knew that twisting the truth is way more effective that outright lying?
    "Neither did I. This is all him."
    A bit of crinkling your shirt, smearing your pants with a bit of mud and disheveling your hair and you're perfect. A perfect punk, that's it, but you can work with that.

Hands in your pockets you walk with a relaxed pose to the bar and enter inside.

You are instantly met with an older guy with an angry scowl. You raise your hands. "Woah! I came here only to drink! I don't want trouble man."

His scowl deepens before he points with his thumb to a corner of the bar. "Wait there. You can have your drink when we're gone. Do something and a drink will be the last of your worries."

Muttering a quick 'thanks' you sit down on a table. Then, once the attention of those present drift elsewhere you assess the situation.

There are eight delinquents, all older than you. Of those eight only two seem dangerous, and this is only from size alone.

Aside from you there are four customers, all middle-aged men. They're keeping themselves away from the delinquents, but the latter every on and then give them a look to be sure they behave.

At the counter what seems the leader, and only because of the volume of his voice, is arguing with the barman. From where you are you can hear fragments of conversation.

"...Saw together with you."

"No no! Ridiculous! We have an accord."

"Don't lie to me shitty old man. You're in the Snake's territory, our territory, and yet you dare to deal with the Black Hand?"

"But, we agreed I can sell to whoever-"

"I don't care what you agreed with the boss! I can't have you have contacts with the enemy! Now listen..."

You're not an expert, from those words...a gang war? Or something similar.

[] Listen more
    [] You have enough: jump up and teach those thugs a lesson.
    [] Lead them outside the local, to deal with them leisurely.
    [] Write-in?

12. staplesdex2

staplesdex2 Status: CLASSIFIED

[X] You have enough: jump up and teach those thugs a lesson.

13. Walkir

Walkir Super Happy Awesome Fun Time On Vacation

"I don't care what you agreed with the boss!"

Yup, these words are going to boost his career...

And finally the OT is over.

14. Mu-Sensei

[X] "Damn I just wanted booze." You mutters, leaning on the counter, feinting light inebriation and headache. "Now I have to deal with a bunch of thugs who keep speaking, speaking and speaking, and my damn head hurts!" when the closest one looks at you, you arm snap, and in a single movement, you spin yourself between them and the counter while using him as a human shield, his arm held in place for a brief moment, before you release him, both your free hand and legs throwing him onto his friends and outside. You blink, "Damn, My Kung-fu is strong." and mutter to yourself.

Because I'm sure Issei has watched enough kung-fu movies to feign drunken-monkey style (was it?).

Sorry for off-topicking, but I wanted to know a little more before suggesting wrong characters as Exaltation targets again.

Prince Charon likes this.
  15. Heaven Canceler

Heaven Canceler Behind You!

[X] Listen more

If a Misaka clone was Chosen for one Exaltation or another, I would recommend Misaka 9982. She seems suitable for Infernal at least.

16. P_D

P_D Know what you're doing yet?

[X] Listen more

Let's see what this is about before jumping in.

17. Walkir

[X] Listen more

18. Mu-Sensei

If you mix things up a bit, Solar or Lunar too, if she survives 126 moves against Accelerator (which is exactly one more that the Original was supposed to)

FIFY.

19. Ubylkoen

Ubylkoen Not Ganondorf.

[X] Listen more

20. Walkir

I've seen way too many scenes where just listening a moment longer painted everything in a wholly different light, and acting earlier caused all kinds of trouble.

Besides, I halfway expect that idiot to offer us an opportunity. Beginning the talks with affirming that he's too stupid for anything but to offer the guy below him a 9mm promotion by ruining his bosses reputation about reliability is... promising.

21. Fellgar

Fellgar Connoisseur.

[X] Listen more

22. overmind

overmind Ruler of the Swarm

[X] Listen more

23. John At Dawn

John At Dawn Seeker of Answers

[X] Listen more

24. Threadmarks: Issei's Awesome Adventures: Shady District (Part 4)
    Alexander

[X] Listen more.
    ----

Now, normally a true Hot-blooded Hero would stand up, do a badass boast and beat the bad guys with the power of 'Guts!'.

But since you are not sure yet if you receive power-ups at demand by never giving up, you are going to play the Guile Hero and collect as more information as possible before acting.

"Look!" The barman snaps a little. "Your boss and I agreed that, as long as I pay regularly, it doesn't matter where the money come from. If you have a problem with that, talk to him!"

The leader's eyes narrow. "Oh, I will."

Suddenly he grabs the barman's jacket, lifts him up and slams his head on the counter. Repeatedly.

"I will after I make you understand how things are going to work from now on!" He yells. "Smash everything boys!" He tells.

Okay, now you really have to interfere.

[] You have enough: jump up and teach those thugs a lesson.
    [] Lead them outside the local, to deal with them leisurely.
    [] Write-in?

25. Larekko12

Larekko12 Connoisseur.

-[X] As you see him brutalized you snap into action and step kicking a free chair to slide forcefully into the back of the lead goons knees seating him focefully. He has only moment to yelp before he's the one eating counter courtesy of your our stretched foot. "That" you start raising your leg. " Is enough of that." It come down in a Hammer kick before moving to the next.

26. staplesdex2

staplesdex2 Status: CLASSIFIED

27. Walkir

Pity we can't just stop the scene by turning the thugs in to stone like the last time this came up in my tabletop campaign...

-[X] As you see him brutalized you snap into action and step kicking a free chair to slide forcefully into the back of the lead goons knees seating him focefully. He has only moment to yelp before he's the one eating counter courtesy of your our stretched foot. "That" you start raising your leg. " Is enough of that." It come down in a Hammer kick before moving to the next.

28. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

[X] Lead them outside the local, to deal with them leisurely.

Ideally we do not gain a reputation for causing more property damage than the guys we're trying to stop.

29. Heaven Canceler

Heaven Canceler Behind You!

30. Alexander

How do you do that? Charm? Which one?

Walkir likes this.