1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

I will become God-Harem King of the World! [Highschool DxD/Exalted] (CLOSED)

Discussion in 'Questing' started by Alexander, Jan 23, 2014.

1. Winged One

Winged One Not the Simurgh

First, Essence 6 is a century away in game time. Second, if we get there we can probably make a FotD version of that custom.

2. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

Details! :))

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
  3. BFldyq

BFldyq It's pronounced Be-Fled-Ick

Glory to the Most High, or Divine Transcendence of (Ability). The first allows you to buy Essence 6, while the second allows you to reduce the Ability and Essence minimums buy 1. Get both together, and you can be Essence 6, rocking around with Essence 7, before you hit 100.

4. noahgab1133

noahgab1133 Don't you trust me?

[X] Flurry
    -[X] Disarm

You were never any good at Monkey in the Middle so you don't feel like playing around. As the two thugs lunge at you from both directions you vault over a table, noting the way their hands move with the knives. They circle around the table and try to flank you again but this time you can see them both move at the same time. Two hands reach out and snatch two wrists; two twists just so and two knives clatter to the floor.

5. Walkir

Walkir Super Happy Awesome Fun Time On Vacation

[X] Flurry
    -[X] Disarm

You were never any good at Monkey in the Middle so you don't feel like playing around. As the two thugs lunge at you from both directions you vault over a table, noting the way their hands move with the knives. They circle around the table and try to flank you again but this time you can see them both move at the same time. Two hands reach out and snatch two wrists; two twists just so and two knives clatter to the floor.

6. overmind

overmind Ruler of the Swarm

[X] Flurry
    -[X] Disarm

7. darklord

darklord Versed in the lewd.

8. cyberswordsmen

cyberswordsmen I trust you know where the happy button is?

Actually, Violet Veil of Sorrows Style is a celestial martial art so we could totally learn it without a tutor if we had some way to learn about it just like any other celestial charm. However Sidereals are kind of protective of this style so Bright not knowing enough to get us started is fine.

The rewrites of solar hero are awesome anyway.

[X] 3

9. Fellgar

Fellgar Connoisseur.

10. Deathwings

Deathwings Questionable French Guy

11. P_D

P_D Know what you're doing yet?

[X] 3

12. Alexander

Alexander That is not dead which can eternal lie

Rolls for Thugs:
    -Lead Goon (-2 dices)
    [blockquote]Rolled 1d10 : 2, total 2[/blockquote]
    -Rottweiler
    [blockquote]Rolled 3d10 : 7, 1, 7, total 15[/blockquote]

Rolls for Issei:
    -Two-die stunt
    [blockquote]Rolled 7d10 : 9, 10, 10, 8, 9, 2, 3, total 51[/blockquote]

Advantages for Issei:
    -Higher position: +1 to DV

External Penalities for Issei:
    -2 for disarming

Rolls for Thugs:
    -Lead Goon (-2 dices)
    -Rottweiler
    [blockquote]Rolled 3d10 : 9, 3, 4, total 16[/blockquote]

Writing...

P.S.: those who know Exalted, tell me if I forgot something.

13. Threadmarks: Issei's Awesome Adventures: Shady District (Part 6)
    Alexander

Alexander That is not dead which can eternal lie

[X] Flurry
    -[X] Disarm

----

Those knifes have to go: thanks to your Charms you can ignore the damage, but they are reserved for the truly dangerous opponents, not trash like this.

You were never any good at Monkey in the Middle, so you don't feel like playing around. As the two thugs lunge at you from both directions you vault over a nearby table, taking care to note the way their hands move with the knives and memorize the patterns.

Lead Goon snarls as he and Rottweiler circle around the table and try to flank you again but this time, thanks to you elevated position, you can see them both move at the same time.

They aim at your leg. The same leg.

Big mistake.

It's child's play to shift your leg backward. As the knifes reach the apex of their momentum two hands reach out and snatch two wrists; two twists just so and two knives clatter to the floor.

They both cry out in pain. Before any of them can react you let go and execute a crescent kick, making Rottweiler's head snaps backward. You then jump forward, smashing your knee into his stomach. He tries to strike you, but your left hand pushes his own away while your right fist hits him in the temple, smashing his head on the ground.

He doesn't stand up.
    You look around and the remaining thugs shiver as your gaze passes over them. You feel...great.

Does fighting always feel so good?

[But of course.] You hear Ddraig's smug voice. [This is 'Power'. The lifeblood of Dragons. 'Live free and fight until the end.' This is the philosophy I follow.]

[You are a Solar, Chosen of the Unconquered Sun.] Bright's voice sounds absolute. [You don't have weaknesses, they were purged when you took your Second Breath. You don't pursue greatness and authority: your very actions ARE Greatness and Authority.]

They...
    [] Are right
    [] Are wrong
    [] You don't know
    [] Write-in.

Lead Goon bend down to recover his knife. Your foot stop his hand.

"Uargh!"

"Now gentlemen, we can do this two ways: the easy way..." You smile rather balefully. "Or the hard way."

No response. Uh, it appears they are too scared to articulate a proper response.

[] Just knock out all of them.
    [] Convince them to leave.
    [] Write-in.

-----

Those rolls. Issei is truly a proper Exalt.

14. Emral282

Emral282 Touch Fluffy Tail

[X] You don't know
    [X] Convince them to leave.

15. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

It's a little premature for Issei to get an ego over having super powers.

[X] You don't know
    - "That sounds awesome, but I still feel like a normal kid when I'm not doing all this kung-fu stuff. If I'm some kind of dragon king then I'm a really stupid king who only knows how to punch things and throw fireballs."
    [X] Just knock out all of them

Trooper1021 likes this.
  16. Fellgar

Fellgar Connoisseur.

[X] You don't know
    - "That sounds awesome, but I still feel like a normal kid when I'm not doing all this kung-fu stuff. If I'm some kind of dragon king then I'm a really stupid king who only knows how to punch things and throw fireballs."

17. Drakebane

Drakebane Well worn.

[X] Are right
    [X] Just knock out all of them.

18. Selias

Selias Well worn.

[X] Write-in.
    - [X] You like Ddraig's philosophy, but you don't believe Bright, when she says that you have no weaknesses.

19. megrisvernin

megrisvernin Connoisseur.

I'd like our character to be the next Sakamaki Izayoi. Prideful & not humble in the least, but with the power to back up his swagger. It's not arrogance if you can match your boasts after all.
    [X] Are right

[X] You don't know

20. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

The problem with this is that Exalted is a setting where "pride goeth before the fall" is virtually a law of physics. Moreso for Solars because of the curse. If we get full of ourselves we're headed for baaaaad places.

21. megrisvernin

Really? Isn't it kind of the opposite problem with our Virtue Flaw? Remember our flaw is

If we don't active use our power to rescue people we'll trigger our flaw. The best way to prevent that is to be some overt with our power, if toning it down to maintain the masquerade in front of mundanes, so that bullies & fools know that to commit injustice we will find them & they will lose, utterly & completely.

Hell isn't that what we're doing here? Treating our power as a mandate to go out & impart justice by beating up criminals?

22. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

"Might makes right" is an extremely dangerous mode of thought for anyone to be having, even with benevolent intentions.

23. megrisvernin

Isn't that sort of the reality we're facing at the moment, de facto if not de jure? The faction, fallen angels?, wants us dead for whatever reason & we've been forced to aligned ourselves with Rias to obtain a measure of protection. There isn't any sort of police or faction that will take steps on our behalf & Rias only took on our character in canon in part because her Peerage is so undermanned. In the end it all comes down to power with the groups we face & we control our character's development.

In short we have no choice but to pursue power even if we want to have justice or rule of law. Besides I've yet to play a SOLAR EXALT, especially one of the First Age(our mentor anyways) in a setting we're not Anathema. A SOLAR EXALT on easy mode with a character who wants to harem. Don't tell me it's not tempting, if only to read some interesting posts.

24. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

"The greatest madness of all is to see the world as it is and not as it should be." This is the reality that we're facing, but there's a difference between saying "this is a shitty situation and we need to be better than this" and "this is a shitty situation but oh well, that's the way the world works."

Of course it's tempting. But that's also the route that has a strong possibility of leading to Issei getting drunk on power and turning into a First Age Solar because he bought into the idea that his power gives him some kind of intrinsic "right" to do things. There's a whole lot of horrible things you can do under the justification of "keeping people I love safe."

25. megrisvernin

Hmm. You feel fairly certain that that this well be a bad outcome & I can't help but remember that while the Solars were dicks, the Sidereals decided to just murder them all rather than try to fix the problem. Their rule was unjust at times, but they fell because of betrayal not bad governance.

But I'm a little weak on first Age Solar mythology so I'll give you a challenge. Given me a few examples of First Age Solars committing atrocious acts or crimes that did so not because of their virtue flaw & I'll relent.

Given that our virtue flaw is seeing someone in distress, without examples to the counter I just feel like we can managing Issei without him falling because of his pride. Almost anyone else would, but as a Solar we have the power to fix the world.

26. cyberswordsmen

One solar turned an entire city of people into a living biohorror so that their combined screams of agony made pretty music.

Another turned an entire population of a city into crystal statues for art.

They fought entire wars purely for entertainment value. Millions dead for entertainment.

They performed experiments that threatened to destroy reality. When the Sidereals informed them of how close to complete annihilation they brought Creation solars proceeded to design more experiments to maximize the odds of that happening to see what would happen.

They were corrupt in pretty much every way they could be corrupt but were powerful enough that they could rebuild the civilizations they destroy for games, and keep themselves in power.

All of those things require to much long term planning to be the result of a limit break. Frankly the Solars that were despots like Lenin or Hitler were the less destructive ones as they weren't getting all that creative in their destruction.

Don't get me wrong the Sidereals fucked up the way they handled the problem but they were reacting to a very real problem.

Personally I think the smart thing would be to kill off the current generation of solars and educate the next one in a controlled manner to try and prevent shit like this from happening.

27. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

Bad governance you say.

There's this thing called Operation Wyldhand that happened in the Late First Age when things were starting to get really awful. The Solar Deliberative collectively voted on opening up a huge swath of the Threshold to the Deep Wyld as a training exercise for the celestial exalts. The act of doing this killed billions of mortals who were living in that chunk of Creation, but the Solars apparently shrugged it off because they were all assigned to live in nice places in their next lives. Our very own Bright Shattered Ice was one of the Solars who approved of this massacre.

28. megrisvernin

I knew the Solars committed atrocities. What I'm asking is can you confirm that these actions were distinct from those influenced by their virtue flaws? I just feel that with our particular virtue flaw, it won't motivate us to hurt anyone. At worst we'll act like an idiot.
    That's a good example. Enough to convince me.

29. cyberswordsmen

All of the things I listed require months if not years of planning even for exalted. They are simply to complex and long term to be carried out by a Solar during the limited duration of a limit break.

As for our specific virtue flaw it can totally lead to us killing people. It requires we get past any obstacles between us and our current love in both versions. If someone tries to stop us friend or foe we will bypass them with lethal force if necessary. Once our friends learn to get out of our way when we are 'in love' they'll be safe but not till then. Keep in mind that anytime we fight a pretty girl enemy we'll get some limit and break with them as our love interest if we are high on limit. If we obsess over Gremory it won't be that bad. If we focus on an enemy or normal girl it could cause problems.

That said, it isn't our limit break that people are afraid of here. What we are afraid if is the casual assumption of our own inherent rightness which lead Solars of the first age to completely disregard the rights of 'lesser' beings like everyone else in the setting. All the things I listed weren't considered crimes by first age solar society. At most they were just perceived as having bad taste in entertainment.

In the end it wasn't the great curse that made the Solars a menace it was a lifespan measuring 5000+ years, no challenges, no one who could tell them no, and a culture that taught them that nothing matters other than their personal interest.

30. kinglugia

kinglugia A Randy Avian

[X] You don't know