1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

I will become God-Harem King of the World! [Highschool DxD/Exalted] (CLOSED)

Discussion in 'Questing' started by Alexander, Jan 23, 2014.

1. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

That's a weird way to count it given that she looks like she could still be in grade school. I'm in the "chronological age matters far less than mental maturity and physical development" crowd myself.

2. Alexander

Alexander That is not dead which can eternal lie

Ruby (as she is known until I post, which is soon) is one year younger than Issei, who is personally between 16 and 17 years old (16 and 4-6 months). She is in Highschool.

Now, as you expected my new post (that, I assure you, will make a lot of heads spin), I want to show you this:
    Now, imagine if Issei manages to grant the effects of Power-Awarding Prana to an Artifact-like Evil Pieces, making so that it's the Artifact that commit the motes of Essence and not Issei. What do you have?

An army of Enlightened Mortals wielding Solar Charms, that's what O:)

Of course, this is merely a suggestion >:D

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
    TheWave, mrttao, Corvus 501 and 2 others like this.
  3. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

Even without the pieces, Soul-Enlightening Beneficence would allow the mortal to start learning Terrestrial Martial Arts, which by themselves can be a really significant power boost especially if you're using something like Ivory Pestle Style.

4. overmind

overmind Ruler of the Swarm

So, we can create our own peerage without turning into a devil?

5. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

Pretty much, we just need to figure out how the pieces are created first. Getting these charms will allow us to power up mortals and start teaching them tricks in the short term though.

6. overmind

overmind Ruler of the Swarm

Damn. :eek:

Can't wait to see Rias face when she finds out. :D

7. fitzgerald

fitzgerald Experienced.

Rias "Make them all Riders! Oooo let me design the costumes!"

8. ShadowAngelBeta

ShadowAngelBeta Well worn.

The 2nd Charm makes me wince with the trading permanent WillPower for Essence. The 3rd one if we can make it an artifact effect though would be the best, as Alex suggested. Although I wish we had a way for them to increase their essence besides sacrificing WIllpower for it, but essence 2 is still frightening with Solar Charms... hell Excellencies alone would be terrifying.

Also I like the idea of making an FSN card type of Evil Piece system. We'ed need to expand to some of the more esoteric cards like Ruler for ourselves though. Or maybe we could go with colored cards, like Red Saber and Black Saber being two different cards.

9. Threadmarks: Issei's Awesome Adventures: Shady District (Part 8)
    Alexander

At first I decided to post Day 5. Then I realized that posting this first is more hilarious.
    ----

[X] Continue. Investigate more about this Snake.
    You realize at this point running is useless. The girl is apparently determined enough to keep searching for you. And for convincing her you don't have superpowers...like your English prof said, you're a horrible liar. The best you can do now is convincing her to keep it a secret. For her own good.

You look around to confirm no one else is looking. You cup your hand to the side and speak in a low conspiratorial voice as if you are admitting a great secret. "I do. But this isn't something we should discuss so openly. Is there somewhere else we can continue this discussion, someone more private? A..."

Before you can finish the girl interrupts you, her eyes sparkling. "I know! Let's go to a rooftop. All best super secret things happen on a rooftop!"

She grabs your arm and, dragging you, jumps.

For a moment it's like the world suddenly accelerated. Then you're hovering over the building you were standing next. Calling upon your recently developed training you land gracefully.

And, before you can ask her what was that...

"You see, I have superpowers too. Look!"

The girl strikes a pose, hands held high, and in a twirl of red petals coming from nowhere something come into existence.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It's a large red and black finely ornate scythe, a weapon fit to be wielded by the Grim Reaper himself.

[Well now...that's something I thought I would never see again.] Ddraig says, sounding impressed.

'Ddraig? What I am looking at?'

[That, partner, is a Sacred Gear. Not a Longinus, but one just as famous. It's "Death's Scythe".]

Death's Scythe?! You were joking about the Grim Reaper!

"This is important: can you give me a minute?" You ask. At her nod you close your eyes and focus on the image of your draconic partner. 'Please. Explain.'

[To start it, do you know about the four figures appearing in the Bible called the "Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse"? They are real. Well, they were real since they're dead now.

Sacred Gears were originally created by the God of the Bible to empower his own believers, to use them against races like Devils and Fallen Angels. But since some were too powerful he made them inheritable only by humans. To limit their use. However, there was an exception. Fours to be exact.

During the last Great War, the one were I fought and died, God chose four half-Angel, half-Human hybrids and gave them specially made Sacred Gears. This was made as an attempt to change the tides of the war. And it did, until the fours lived at least.]

'Were they powerful?'

[Oh yes. But you see, they weren't strong because they had exceptional magical potential or had powerful Gears. Their secret was twofold: "Multiple Gears" and "Synergy".

Each Horseman wielded more than one Sacred Gear. And each set possessed by a Horseman was designed to make all Gears complement each other well and enhance their performances.]

You raise a mental eyebrow. 'This...is actually a very valid strategy.'

[Yeah, it was. The Horsemen were a terror on the battlefield. Not the very best, but they mowed down common troops like weeds. I personally fought them and let me tell you: that was one of the best battles I had in ages. A little frustrating through: bastards didn't fight fair.

Anyway, eventually the war got so bad that even the Horsemen died and their Gears ended scattered. At a side note, since then even half-humans could inherit a Sacred Gears.]

'So, that scythe is...?'

[Like I said, it's Death's Scythe, the weapon wielded by the Horseman of Death. Apart from being a Holy weapon, and thus very effective against Devils, it has another power: to increase "Speed". Things like speed of the wielder, reaction speed, how fast atoms move to make the blade vibrate to inflict more damage and also how fast the opponent bleeds, to make him bleed to death. What the girl did before? Probably she increased the speed of her jump. And since it's a magical effect it ignores things like inertia.]

Wow. That's incredibly cool.

You open your eyes an find the girl staring at you in anticipation.

"Thank you for waiting." You extend a hand. "My name is Issei Hyodo. Nice to meet you."

"Oh!" She shifts the scythe to one hand and shakes your own with the other. "Nice to meet you! I'm Ruby Rose!"

You raise an eyebrow. "Are you foreign Ruby-chan?" Now that you notice it, her features aren't fully Japanese. An half?

"My father is from Britain. My mother was Japanese." She smiles. "My second name, the one I use here in japan, is Kougyoku Mizoguchi."

Kougyoku. It means 'Ruby' or 'Red Jade'. Very fitting.

"I'm so happy!" She gushes. "This is the first time I meet another person beside my sister who has superpowers! I thought we were the only ones."

"Your sister too?"

"Yes: she has a pair of gauntlets that shoot fire."

[That sounds familiar. No, no, I need to see it first.]

"What powers do you have Hyodo-san?" She asks leaning closer.

You grin and raise your left hand, making Boosted Gear. "This beauty here. And..." Your Caste Mark glows. "Awesome Solar powers."

"Uaahh..." She has stars in her eyes. Stars!

"Cool I know. But I need to ask you something." You turn serious. "Kougyoku-chan, did you or your sister tell anybody beside me that you have Sacred Gears?"

She blinks. "You mean our powers? Only our parents. What are Sacred Gears?"

"That's how powers like ours are called. Sit down." You sit on the eave and mention her to take place next to you. "This will be long."

You explain to her what Boosted Gears are and their origins.

"But, but I am Shinto."

"So I am. What is the problem?"

"Why the Christian God gave me a power from his religion if I don't believe in him?"

"...That's a very valid question. I think the distribution happens at random."

"...That doesn't make sense."

"My opinion too."

Then you tell her about the existence of supernatural beings like Angels, Fallen Angels and Devils. At the end she appears overwhelmed.

"Uwaa...The world is way bigger than I thought." She whispers.

"Yes, it is. That's why you have to be careful: I got almost killed because of my Sacred Gear." You say sternly. "You can't let the wrong person know of yours or something bad may happen."

"Don't worry. If a bad guy appears..." She materializes her scythe and swings it a couple of times. "Me and Crescent Rose will kick his ass!"

Well, at least she has the enthusiasm. "Crescent Rose?"

"The name I gave it." She pats the weapon.

...It's less ominous that Death's Scythe at least. "Do you know how to wield it?"

"Well..." She fidgets. "Me and Yang-that's my sister's name-discovered our powers when we were kids and practiced since them, but we are totally self-taught."

Which means: even if they are talented, it's way inferior to proper training.

"I know!" She smiles at you. "Hyodo-san can teach us! About how to use our Sacred Gears and how to fight! Oh, and also about the supernatural!"

[] Write-in.
    ----

What I said here is purely my interpretation of canon. My opinion is that the God of DxD created the Sacred Gears as a trump card for the war, but restricted their use to human only because he feared angels with them would grow too powerful to control. Once he died the system began malfunctioning and now, even with Michael keeping it running, there are a lot of errors that result in half-humans obtaining Sacred Gears and other things that happen in canon.

10. Larekko12

Larekko12 Connoisseur.

...Hum...

Well if we take up Melee we could easily teach her and that might come way waaaay quicker with Bright as a sensei but that's learning two skills with similar purposes.

Yang we can teach FotD though.

But partners get and they're all ours.

[X] Maa. I would be happy to help but weapon use isn't my specialty. But don't worry nothing learns faster under heaven than a Sun. But this Solar doesn't just train anyone. He trains heroes and heorines of Justice.

Corvus 501 and Trooper1021 like this.
  11. staplesdex2

staplesdex2 Status: CLASSIFIED

[X] Maa. I would be happy to help but weapon use isn't my specialty. But don't worry nothing learns faster under heaven than a Sun. But this Solar doesn't just train anyone. He trains heroes and heorines of Justice.

12. Selias

Selias Well worn.

[X] "Before I decide on whether to train you, or not, I have a very important question. Do you carry a photo of your sister?"

13. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

[X] "I'd be happy to, but I'm pretty new at this so I'm not sure how much I can teach. Maybe we can trade notes instead?"

14. Alexander

...Seriously?

BlackThief12 and Sol Mark-1 like this.
  15. Silversun17

Silversun17 Connoisseur.

[X] "Fist of the Daystar doesn't really fit you, but your sister might be able to use it. I'm going to need to do some research but I should be able to find a speed based style that will work with Crescent rose."

16. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

It's perfectly in-character. :))

Also we should ask Bright if she knows anything about White Reaper style or has memories of people using it.

Sol Mark-1 likes this.
  17. Nervaqus987

Nervaqus987 Well worn.

Actually, we can't.

Fist of the Daystar is a Celestial Martial Art.

Humans can only learn Terrestrial Martial Arts, and even for those, they need a teacher and cannot innovate nor teach it themselves.

18. John At Dawn

John At Dawn Seeker of Answers

Well that just blew away all of my concerns. So should we tell Rias about this?

19. fitzgerald

fitzgerald Experienced.

Of course we should.

We are a squishy Wizard for her. Building up our own harem of bodyguards harem of strong women only warriors is a smart thing to do.

Why suddenly Rias will have a crew of Sacred Gear users working for her.

20. Alexander

Yes, but it isn't a great way to make a first good impression. Ruby is naïve, not stupid.

Bright didn't use Martial Arts in her life.

However she was a Twilight, a keeper of knowledge. She studied and memorized a great deal of theoretical knowledge about all types of knowledge, including Martial Arts and their principles.

So she can tell you how it is supposed to be done, but not show you how it is done.

As such learning a Martial Art Style, Fist of the Dayster excluded, require more effort than normal.

The good news? Bright can tell you about all the styles ever developed in Creation before her death, even some Sidereal ones: those are even more difficult, but doable even if not economic.

Corvus 501 and Sol Mark-1 like this.
  21. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

Good point. I was assuming rule of comedy was in play but if Ruby would take that seriously then I'm changing my vote.

22. fitzgerald

fitzgerald Experienced.

23. Alexander

I simply advise. Your choices are your own.

Anyway, I am making a bit of world-building and, I assure you, I came up with a plot bunny that make a lot of scary sense.

It's still too soon, but expect mind-blowing stuff later and a lot of possible plot separated from canon timeline.

Options. Options everywhere!

Sol Mark-1 likes this.
  24. ShadowAngelBeta

ShadowAngelBeta Well worn.

I do want to make it clear to Rias that we want these two to be part of our system once we make it, so she doesn't reincarnate them. If they agree at all that is. ... Although Ruby with a Lancer class is even more frightening now... and Yang, if she's similar to canon, with a tweaked Berserker class.

... Why can't I stop smiling.

25. Larekko12

Larekko12 Connoisseur.

I meant the non super powered parts like what MAryann used to pawn Brian way back. And Besides maybe being a Gear users can cover it? Or we make a terrestial version.

26. Malcolmo

Malcolmo Insert custom title here

Seeing as Bright has a lot of knowledge in her head and Draig fought her predecessor we ought to be able to have enough info to teach her something of value. Though it'd probably be easier and more efficient if we had some way to manifest those two and have them teach alongside us. Probably in the future though.

27. Mu-Sensei

Mu-Sensei No Work, No Life.

28. Disminded

Disminded Versed in the lewd.

Bandwagon!

Though the sister one made me smile.

29. BFldyq

BFldyq It's pronounced Be-Fled-Ick

Um, didn't we just tell Ruby we have two different Sacred Gears? If we introduce her to Rias, wouldn't that be found out?

30. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

Rias knows we're hiding something from her. Remember when we told her we didn't want to go spilling secrets everywhere until we knew who to trust?

Prince Charon likes this.