1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

I will become God-Harem King of the World! [Highschool DxD/Exalted] (CLOSED)

Discussion in 'Questing' started by Alexander, Jan 23, 2014.

1. BFldyq

BFldyq It's pronounced Be-Fled-Ick

That doesn't address the fact that we just blabbed one of them(partly), and if we introduce them, Rias will find out.

2. megrisvernin

megrisvernin Connoisseur.

[X] Maa. I would be happy to help but weapon use isn't my specialty. But don't worry nothing learns faster under heaven than a Sun. But this Solar doesn't just train anyone. He trains heroes and heorines of Justice.

3. ShadowAngelBeta

ShadowAngelBeta Well worn.

Tell Ruby to not say anything about the gauntlet? We're the ones recruiting and teaching her, not Rias.

4. Tetsurō

Tetsurō Communist Penguin

[X] Maa. I would be happy to help but weapon use isn't my specialty. But don't worry nothing learns faster under heaven than a Sun. But this Solar doesn't just train anyone. He trains heroes and heorines of Justice.

5. tsuknoryu2986

tsuknoryu2986 Not too sore, are you?

6. megrisvernin

megrisvernin Connoisseur.

I think Bright would approve this choice. Solars are at their cores leaders of men, whether it be as generals, rulers, priests or scholars. And of course following our teaching & learning, whose might is morality, how can they fail to deliver justice to the world?

7. kinglugia

kinglugia A Randy Avian

[X] Maa. I would be happy to help but weapon use isn't my specialty. But don't worry nothing learns faster under heaven than a Sun. But this Solar doesn't just train anyone. He trains heroes and heroines of Justice.
    Hola Hora~

8. Walkir

Walkir Super Happy Awesome Fun Time On Vacation

[X] Maa. I would be happy to help but weapon use isn't my specialty. But don't worry nothing learns faster under heaven than a Sun. But this Solar doesn't just train anyone. He trains heroes and heroines of Justice.

9. Alexander

Alexander That is not dead which can eternal lie

I find myself in a conundrum :-\

As you know, Issei is a Solar. This mean that sooner or later he will go Limit Break.

The problem is: how do I write it? How do I write it correctly?

Those of you who know Exalted, do you have any suggestion? I want to do this properly.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
    TheWave, Mysterious and Sol Mark-1 like this.
  10. Selias

Selias Well worn.

Yandere!Issei? I'm honestly not sure what a limit break is.

11. Odysseus2099

Odysseus2099 Versed in the lewd.

The big reason I suggested the Limit Break I did was because I'm a fan of the theory that a Limit Break should be basically you, but with your normal flaws magnified. The Solars of the First Age would have noticed something affecting them if they had acted completely out of character during them, so I would portray it as something subtle, something you don't even notice as out of the ordinary, a moment when you are reduced to the worst parts of yourself.

Sol Mark-1 likes this.
  12. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

This sounds about right. Issei's limit break should look something like the way he usually looks when he's in super-oppai-fanboy mode, only with the limit break he's locked into that state until the timer runs out. It looks totally natural from an in-character perspective but it's still extreme behavior.

Sol Mark-1 likes this.
  13. Alexander

So, for five days he will do nothing but fantasize about the girl that happen to be chosen, following her like a lost puppy?

Sol Mark-1 likes this.
  14. Heaven Canceler

Heaven Canceler Behind You!

Oh god... we are going to call our Limit break "Super-Oppay-Fanboy Mode" from now on, right? Also, it works on any Girl that he considers attractive, so it would also work on these without much of a chest. I am curious though, how much limit do we have currently? And how far would he go in his attempt to swoon the target? I don't think many would be capable of resisting the advances of a determined Solar for very long. And considering this is Issei we are speaking about, it will probably end up with something ridiculous. Also, if some of the females from Rias Peerage try to stop him, they may just end up mixed into the whole thing.

This is going to be hilarious.

15. Deathwings

Deathwings Questionable French Guy

16. Alexander

Rolling...

[blockquote]Rolled 4d10 : 10, 2, 5, 4, total 21[/blockquote]

Writing...

17. Bloodshifter

Bloodshifter The Bio-Armor Lover

Wow 2 of 4 not bad... But...

18. ShadowAngelBeta

ShadowAngelBeta Well worn.

Well at least we didn't botch it.

19. Threadmarks: Training Days I: A Very Busy Week (Part 5)
    Alexander

Day 5

'Are you sure it's here?' You ask the ghost of an ancient God-Queen from another dimension living in your head.

You can't believe you thought that with a straight face.

[Yes I'm sure. Hurry up!]

A little earlier, while you were jogging, Bright suddenly told you to stop and follow another direction, saying she sensed something that needed to be investigated.

The place you reach is a little park full of tree near Tomofuri-sama's Temple.

[Yes. Yes.] She whispers when you reach the center of the park. [How surprising to find one outside Creation. Wait: no, it's a little different but the framework is similar. It should work. No, it will definitely work.]

'Er, what are you talking about?' You sweatdrop. Sometimes you just can't understand her.

[Can't you sense it worm? Invoke the power of your Anima and observe.]

Curious you follow her instructions.
    As Essence fills your eyes many sparks of energy appear all around you. It's...other Essence?

[This, worm, is a Demesne. In Creation Dragon lines of Essence run through the entire world. When they converge they form a pool of Essence that Exalts and other beings can draw upon.]

[Here on Earth they are called Leylines.] Ddraig supplies. [They are like the veins of the planet, with magical energy flowing instead of blood. They are vital to the environment: if there is non or if they are damaged, life can't grow from the earth. I am not surprised to find one, there has to be a reason that devil girl chose this city as her territory. There are probably another two or three beside this one somewhere in the city.]

'This is all interesting, but what does it has to do with me?'

[Many things: first, by properly attuning yourself to a demesne you could draw Essence from it every time you are inside it, even if it's best to let it rest for a hour after each attempt. And if you build a Manse, an occult structure on it to focus and control the flow of energy, you channel the power of the demesne into an object called a hearthstone, a crystal that allow you to draw power from the demesne even when far away and grant a special power when inserted into an artifact.

You can't build a Manse yet, but you can start with attuning the demesne. You do it like this...]

You follow Bright's instructions. After an hour of meditation you feel something shift inside you as a new channel is open.
    The Demesne is Level 2 with an Aspect of:
    [] Earth
    [] Water
    [] Fire
    [] Wind
    [] ??

----

"Adamant Skin Technique is a Charm that allow the user to perform a Perfect Defense." Bright explains. "The one who use it can perfectly negate an attack, no matter how powerful the attack is."

"Wait." You raise a hand. "It sounds too convenient to be true."

"It is. As long as you have the Essence to activate it of course." She crosses her arms. "Also, they can be used if a certain condition is met. What the condition is, it depends on your Virtues. Even then you must learn it."

"And...how I do it?" You ask with a head-tilt.

"Simple. Dragon." She snaps her fingers to attract Ddraig's attention.

She points at you and smile.

You are filled with extreme arousal.

You are filled with overwhelming dread.

"Hit him until he learns the Charm. As strongly as possible."

Aaaah~~! Who knew such beautiful lips could produce such a scary sound~~?!

Ddraig shrugs. "Okay." And then he sends you flying with a swipe of his tail.

As you fall from the sky, feeling the phantom pain of having all the bones in your body broken, you have a single thought:

'This better be worth it.'

Choose a Flaw of Invulnerability:
    [] Valor Flaw: The Exalt must move toward the opponent he considers most dangerous, on every tick where this is possible without magic, until his DV refreshes twice.
    [] Compassion Flaw: The Exalt can only use this Charm when in the presence of someone or something he cares about.
    [] Temperance Flaw: The Exalt cannot take movement actions such as move, dash, flight, teleportation or jumping until his DV refreshes twice.
    [] Conviction Flaw: Charms carrying this Flaw do not function when the character has taken some action during the scene that is contrary to her Motivation. If, during the scene, she has acted against any Intimacy, or a Virtue she has rated at 3+, then Charms with this Flaw add a +3m surcharge to their activation cost.

----

'Are you sure it doesn't matter if we aren't facing each other?'

[For the fifth time: yes. The training requirement to learn this Charm is to interact with other, living people, not matter the mean.]

'Alright.'

You quickly finish to type:

-so we can be ready if Ilya and Berserker decide to follow us directly to our home. Any questions?

You activate First Presence Excellency and send the message.

Answers start arriving.

Nope. This look pretty neat.

Let's go with plan "Make Shirou a Crossdresser"!

Can't wait to see Rin's expression ^^!

If all you have to do is interacting with others, then taking part in collective games on the internet called "Quests" and convincing people of your ideas being beneficial to them probably counts as training for this, right?
    P.S.: Issei's username is "HaremKingILoveOppai'OO'"
    ----

20. Malcolmo

Malcolmo Insert custom title here

[X] ??
    [X] Valor Flaw: The Exalt must move toward the opponent he considers most dangerous, on every tick where this is possible without magic, until his DV refreshes twice.

21. staplesdex2

staplesdex2 Status: CLASSIFIED

[X] ??
    [X] Compassion Flaw: The Exalt can only use this Charm when in the presence of someone or something he cares about.

22. Eler0

Eler0 Versed in the lewd.

[X] Valor Flaw: The Exalt must move toward the opponent he considers most dangerous, on every tick where this is possible without magic, until his DV refreshes twice.

We're a melee fighter, so it shouldn't be a problem. Conviction could work, too.

23. Silver W. King

Silver W. King King of Adventures

I don't get the Conviction Flaw.

Also:
    ??? What?

Salbazier likes this.
  24. Emral282

Emral282 Touch Fluffy Tail

[X] ??
    Time to utilize Voter goes for the Shiny Form!

[X] Compassion Flaw: The Exalt can only use this Charm when in the presence of someone or something he cares about.

25. Malcolmo

Malcolmo Insert custom title here

I think Issei's practicing a charm by using it in an online quest. Fate stay night related most likely.

26. Alexander

Conviction Flaw: Charms carrying this Flaw do not function when the character has taken some action during the scene that is contrary to her Motivation.

If Issei has recently did actions that go against his dream of being a Harem King, he can't use it.

If, during the scene, she has acted against any Intimacy, or a Virtue she has rated at 3+, then Charms with this Flaw add a +3m surcharge to their activation cost.

In the same token, if he acts against his Intimacies and Virtues, it cost more motes.

Issei does Quests on Internet. Charms works on the Internet.

Exalted is crazy.

27. overmind

overmind Ruler of the Swarm

Alexander, what happened to the conversation with Ruby? Will it be continued later on?

[X] Fire

28. Alexander

Yes, I just wanted to get this out of the way because I want to get to the juicy parts of the story. Ruby will come back tomorrow.

Also, for those of you wondering:

Issei just convinced the participants of a generic online F/SN quest to add, during the protagonist Shirou Emiya's Character Creation, the trait "Crossdresser". To avoid having Ilya recognize him when she comes to kill him.

With a Charm.

BlackThief12, Ibskib, TheWave and 5 others like this.
  29. Silversun17

Silversun17 Connoisseur.

An now i'm imagining a crossdressing Shirou mimicing Iri's manner of dress and hair style. thanks for that.

30. Alexander

Your welcome >:D

KenNM likes this.