1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

I will become God-Harem King of the World! [Highschool DxD/Exalted] (CLOSED)

Discussion in 'Questing' started by Alexander, Jan 23, 2014.

1. Tetsurō

Tetsurō Communist Penguin

[X] Fire

[X] Valor Flaw: The Exalt must move toward the opponent he considers most dangerous, on every tick where this is possible without magic, until his DV refreshes twice.

2. Silver W. King

Silver W. King King of Adventures

I see. Thanks. :)
    Awesome. :D

As for the vote:

[X] Wind.

Cloth stripping for the win.

[X] Compassion Flaw

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
  3. darklord

darklord Versed in the lewd.

what dos a Demesne do

4. Nervaqus987

Nervaqus987 Well worn.

Provides increased Essence regen while we're there(rating x2 motes an hour) and occasionally comes with other benefits.

A capped Demense is a Manse, which produces a Hearthstone that gives us the same level of regen we'd get from a demense(rating x2) and a special power out of it, that can also be used to power magitech.

While inside of a Manse, we get (rating x4 motes an hour) and the benefits of the manse we made(which could range from a magitech fortress or a magical lab/factory to supplement our crafting, etc).

Sol Mark-1 likes this.
  5. Larekko12

Larekko12 Connoisseur.

Acting against our motivation to become a harem king. What type of actions does that involve?

And Compassion Flaw seems like a bad idea considering our habit of not calling our allies and going off to fight alone like a sped.

[X]Air
    [X]Conviction

What was the roll?

6. Bloodshifter

Bloodshifter The Bio-Armor Lover

Roll was likely the chance for a Demense.

[X] ??
    [X] Conviction Flaw.

7. darklord

darklord Versed in the lewd.

[X] Compassion Flaw
    [X] ??

8. Fellgar

Fellgar Connoisseur.

[X] ??
    [X] Conviction Flaw.

Ironically? That sounds like it would be kind of a fun quest. The best kinds all have some kind of WTF factor to really shake up the story. In this example I can just see gilgamesh falling in love with cross dressed shirou while arturia has flashbacks to her time with male genitilia and finds her situation oddly "interesting".

Sol Mark-1 likes this.
  9. noahgab1133

noahgab1133 Don't you trust me?

[X] fire
    [X] Conviction Flaw.

10. P_D

P_D Know what you're doing yet?

[X] ???
    [X] Conviction Flaw

What would acting against Issei's goal even entail? Turning down women?

11. Mu-Sensei

Mu-Sensei No Work, No Life.

[X]Air
    [X]Conviction

Pffft. Like we'd do that.

12. Eler0

Eler0 Versed in the lewd.

That still applies while in Limitbreak and in LB we ignore everyone except the person we're obsessing over, so we'd ignore beautiful women if they aren't our target.
    We could also get in a situation where, for example, an ally is being attacked by a giant crab or something and we have to run away from a date to save him.

13. Dimensionist

Dimensionist Grand Master of Apologism, Keeper of the Faith

I'd assuming fighting or antagonizing women would also qualify, which ... could be a problem.

14. Threadmarks: Issei's Awesome Adventures: Shady District (Part 9)
    Alexander

Alexander That is not dead which can eternal lie

Well. Before such determination and cuteness, how could you refuse?

Of course, first you need to make clear your help must be used wisely. You're a Hero after all.

"Maa. I would be happy to help but weapon use isn't my specialty. But don't worry: nothing learns faster under Heaven than a Sun and those who learn under him!"

You jump on the eave and strike a pose: spread legs, straight back, left arm parallel to the body and right hand pointing at the rising sun as you look at the symbol of your heavenly patron.

Just as you do so a thin cloud of dust passes over you and, maybe reacting to the trace of Essence left from your Anima Banner, erupting in a glowing halo surrounding you.

"But this Solar doesn't just train anyone. He trains heroes and heroines of Justice."

You turn to look at Kougyoku. "Ruby Rose. For what reason do you desire power?" You ask with seriousness.

Ruby, who until now was staring at you with sparkling eyes, strikes a pose similar to you but with both arms doing a fist-pump.

"I love books. Yang used to read to me every night before bed, stories of monsters that threaten people and heroes that defeat them. As a girl, I wanted to be just like those heroes in the books: someone who fight for what is right, and protect people who can't protect themselves!"

You nod. A childish origin maybe, but who are you to judge. Better yet, where the desire for rightfulness come from doesn't matter, only that there is. "The real world often isn't the same as a fairy tale."

"Well, that's why we're here! To make it better."

You smile. "That's the correct answer." You jump down and hold out a fist. "Ruby Rose, who is also Kougyoku Mizoguchi: will you join this Issei Hyodo in his Quest for Justice and Glory?"

She touches your fist with her own. "Until my body is dry!"

"This is a pact made under Heaven."
    Later you and Ruby exchange cellphone numbers. "Right now I have a serious matter that needs my full attention, so we can't begin your training. I will contact you again within a week: in the meantime talk about this with your sister and see if she's interested into joining us."

"Yang will be overjoyed! She will surely join us." Ruby smiles.

'Let's hope she's as cute as you then.' You guilty think. "Do you live nearby?"

"No, I was just passing to bring notes to a friend. I go to an all-girls school to the other side of the town."

You tilt your head. "Shouldn't you be at school?"

"Well..." She tilts her head. "Shouldn't you?"

"I came here with a mission." You hastily reply. "A gang of delinquents is harassing the honest citizens. I am going to make them stop."

All true, it just didn't happen in that order.

"Amazing! As expected of Hyodo-san!" Aaand, she buys it completely. "For me...well, it's a really strange story." She scratches her head. "Two days ago the Dean suddenly closed the school without an explanation. There are a lot of rumors about why she did it: the most outlandish one says two nights ago a burning and screaming angel appeared before her while she was driving home and she took it as a sign her and the school are cursed and need an exorcism."

Oh come on, that's the most ridiculous-

Burning and screaming angel?

Two nights ago?

No way. No freaking way.

[Fate has an impressive sense of humor, don't you think?] Ddraig snickers.

[I don't know: all the Sidereals I knew couldn't tell a joke from an order to suppress a Yozi cult.]

'Dohnaseek, thank you: even if you tried to kill me, without you I wouldn't have been able to meet Kougyoku-chan. Thank you.'

----

Elsewhere a certain individual completely covered in bandages sneezes, which prompt a new fit of pain.

Mittelt looks up from the fashion magazine she was reading. "Don't move too much or you will open up the wounds again."

"&$(%$%§ç!!!"

"Anytime Dohna." She flatly replies before going back to her magazine. "Just endure a little longer: the possessor of Twilight Healing will arrive in two days."

-----

Adventure: Shady District. Completed!

-4 hours to total amount of Training Time

+4 Xp for beating a gang of criminals
    +1 Xp for gaining a Follower
    +5 Xp for completing the quest

Select your next adventure. Multiple choices are possible. Adventure options are temporarily closed.
    ----

Issei is an Exalted with a high Presence rating. Which means that, even when he's doing normal interaction with other people, he's constantly launching social attacks left and right.

Of course there are consequences.

15. Dimensionist

Dimensionist Grand Master of Apologism, Keeper of the Faith

... 'Till me body is dry'? Really?

Anyway ... do we vote, or will the next snippet follow without player input?

16. Walkir

Walkir Super Happy Awesome Fun Time On Vacation

Building a Manse in the center of a park? I hope that involves other options than a tower or other structure obvious to mundanes...

17. Alexander

You can still votes for the Aspect of the Demesne and the Flaw of Invulnerability.

The next snippet is coming soon.
    Subtle is possible. I once read about a Manse build with a spider's web.

18. Mu-Sensei

Mu-Sensei No Work, No Life.

You'll be anything but dry if we have any say on it, Ruby-chan. ;)

We can build a statue, or a bandstand, or a fountain.

19. protoss16

protoss16 Know what you're doing yet?

I can't wait to see the look on the the fallen angels' faces when they figure out that the damage can't be healed by magical means.

20. Odysseus2099

Odysseus2099 Versed in the lewd.

[X]Air
    [X]Conviction

21. John At Dawn

John At Dawn Seeker of Answers

...Oh shit.

While that might seem like a good thing, they are likely to take their anger out on Asia, yeah?

22. Walkir

Walkir Super Happy Awesome Fun Time On Vacation

[X] ??
    [X] Valor Flaw: The Exalt must move toward the opponent he considers most dangerous, on every tick where this is possible without magic, until his DV refreshes twice.

Unsure about the elements, lore too low.

Much better, thanks. Still strange for someone like our char and maybe not very big, but way better than what I thought.

23. Alexander

Oh, they will not kill her.

Yet.

Good news for you folks: I searched and, yes, Violet Bier of Sorrows Style is indeed a Celestial Martial Arts. Which means there is no penalty to learn it without a Sensei who know it.

Sol Mark-1 likes this.
  24. John At Dawn

John At Dawn Seeker of Answers

Of course not. Beating her is a different story though.

25. ShadowAngelBeta

ShadowAngelBeta Well worn.

Hello Limit Break.

26. MHLord

MHLord Why hello there.

[X] Wind.

[X] Compassion Flaw

27. Threadmarks: Training Days I: A Very Busy Week (Part 6)
    Alexander

Day 6

[X] ?? = Void Aspect

"Ku or Sora, most often translated as Void but also meaning Sky or Heaven, in Japan represents those things beyond the everyday experience, particularly those things composed of pure energy. Bodily Ku represents spirit, thought and creative energy. It represents the ability to think and to communicate, as well as creativity. It can also be associated with power, creativity, spontaneity, and inventiveness.

KU is of particular importance as the highest of the Japanese elements. In martial arts one often invokes the power of the Void to connect to the quintessential creative energy of the world. A warrior properly attuned to the Void can sense their surroundings and act without thinking, and without using their physical senses."

[X] Conviction Flaw: Charms carrying this Flaw do not function when the character has taken some action during the scene that is contrary to her Motivation. If, during the scene, she has acted against any Intimacy, or a Virtue she has rated at 3+, then Charms with this Flaw add a +3m surcharge to their activation cost.

----

"How is Issei-kun's training going?" Kiba asks.

"He is a very fast student." Akeno admits with a beautiful smile. "He absorbs concepts like a sponge and have an amazing talent into manipulating his magical energy."

"Ooooh-! To receive Akeno-sempai's praises!" You silently cry tears of happiness. If you keep it up, maybe Akeno will even reward you with a kiss!!!

"...Are you having perverted thoughts again?" Koneko accuses you.

"But of course." You shamelessly admit. "I am a healthy young boy experiencing the spring of his life. It is required, nay demanded of me to pursue my desires with all my might and vigor!"

"..." Koneko stares at you. She takes a sip of tea. "...Still a pervert."

Kiba and Akeno have a hand over their mouth to hid their mirth.

Time passes like this, between playful banter and good tea, as you spend time in the club room together with the other members of the Occult Research Club. Sadly Rias is not present, citing the need to look after some 'issues'.

"Say, can I ask you all something?" You ask. "You know how it was for me, but how did your introduction to the supernatural world go? How did you become part of Rias-sempai's Peerage?"

At your question the other three stop smiling and look down. The good mood almost visibly plummets.

"Eh? D-Did I ask something I shouldn't?" You frantically weave your hands. "I'm sorry!"

"No Issei-kun, it isn't that." Kiba shows a forced smile before sighing. "It's just...the circumstances that brought us here weren't pleasant, for neither of us."

"Suffice to say, we were all in a dire plight before meeting Rias." Akeno continues, a determined look on her face. "Rias saved us and gave us a place in the world. For that we will repay her even if it costs us our lives."

Kiba and Koneko nod.

Such generosity! Such devotion! You are thoroughly impressed. You wonder if you can create something similar one day.

You put a hand over your chest, above your heart. "Rias-sempai is a great person."

"Yes." Akeno claps her hands. "So, let's stop with the depressing stuff! Issei-kun, we have yet to cover the Leaders of the Three Factions in our studies, right? We will cover it now.

Akeno-sempai assumes a lecturing pose.

"Each Faction has a certain number of high-ranked individuals leading the race as a whole. In the case of the Angels led by God, they are the four Seraphim Michael, Raphael, Gabriel and Uriel. Seraphim is the highest angelic rank, they have twelve wings to show their power."

"I remember them. Their names are recorded in the Bible, right?"

"Correct: they are powerful beings that existed since time immemorial. Next are the [Yondai Maou-sama], the leaders of the Underworld. Differently from the other Factions, the four original Maou died during the last Great War. To replace them, promising members from distinguished Houses of Devils were chosen to become the new Maou. It is said that the current generation is even stronger that the original Maou.

The four Maou are: Lucifer-sama, Beelzebub-sama, Asmodeus-sama and Leviathan-sama. The names of the original Maou became a title that the new generation wears with pride."

"Finally we have the Fallen Angels. The main group, their military faction if you want, is called [Grigori]. There is a Governor called Azazel and a Vice-governor called "Shemhaza". Next are the six leaders: Armaros, Barakiel,-" You catch Akeno sneering at the name before continuing. "Tamiel, Benemue, Kokabiel and Shariel. The Fallen Angels have more leaders than the other factions, but only Azazel and Shemhaza have enough power to compete with one of the other Leaders."

"Things like those are also the basics." Kiba says. "It's the same as remembering the names of the prime minister and the vice-prime minister of Japan as well as the leaders of the surrounding countries."

You raise an eyebrow. "Does this mean you know the names of the surrounding countries' leaders?"

"Sure. For example, in Korea we have-"

Before he could continue Rias walks inside the room.

"Please prepare for battle. You too Issei-kun." Her expression is very serious.

"Rias, did something happen?"

"We received an order for a Stray Devil's Hunt from the Arch Duke Agares."

It continues...Please wait for the next episode!

----

Learned:

----

In this DxD AU there is not North and South Korea. For a number of different reasons Korea is a single state. This will important later. Please remember it.

28. Larekko12

Larekko12 Connoisseur.

Twilight healing.

Is there another Solar Twilight with Healing speccced?

But any way lets spend Xp to boost Dodge, Athletics, Prescence and Lore yo. Those are our relevant combat stats right?

29. overmind

overmind Ruler of the Swarm

I think we are the only Exalted in thsi setting, that's what makes us an OCP.

I like that about us. Many devils will asume that our power comes from our Boosted Gear, never thinking that it comes from us now.

As for our esperience, I would go with Lore, Dodge, Presence, CHarisma and more Martial Arts.

30. Alexander

That's right. Initially I planned the possibility of more Exalts appearing, but then you come up with the Evil Pieces' Exalt-variant. I can confirm Issei is the only Exalt that will happen.

For how to use experience, personally I suggest Excellencies in both Dodge and Martials arts, necessary to dodge and to hit successfully. Athletics is also recommended since, until you learn how to fly, you will need great jumping abilities.

BlackThief12, TheWave and Sol Mark-1 like this.