1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

I will become God-Harem King of the World! [Highschool DxD/Exalted] (CLOSED)

Discussion in 'Questing' started by Alexander, Jan 23, 2014.

1. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

Dodge is for dodging, Athletics is for running and climbing and jumping and stuff. Presence is for convincing individuals or related groups to do things, and Lore is for knowing things -- useful for a mage because it makes researching spells easier, but not so much for fighting.

Skip charisma. It costs too much and only benefits one of our primary abilities (Presence). If you really want dots in an attribute we should pump Dexterity given that more Dex benefits combat (it boosts our attack and defense values) and a variety of other stats. What we should really be investing in is Occult, which we somehow still have zero dots in despite being a mage.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
  2. Eler0

Eler0 Versed in the lewd.

What would be the advantages of taking both Martial Arts and Dodge? We use our Martial Arts for our Parry DV and to attack, so we don't need Dodge. Similarly, we don't need the Dodge Excellency, because we can use the MA one to boost PDV.
    Dodge is favored, but we're going to level MA sooner or later anyways.

3. Alexander

Alexander That is not dead which can eternal lie

Don't worry, it will be raised soon.
    There are some attacks you will want to dodge. Especially Lethal, since you can't parry them bare-handed.

Sol Mark-1 likes this.
  4. P_D

P_D Know what you're doing yet?

We really need more Occult and should save XP so we can get it high once we get that first dot.

5. Eler0

Luckily, we have our Boosted Gear and will never be bare-handed. I suppose there's situations where we couldn't bring it out, for example in public, but we'll hopefully not be attacked in public with lethal attacks, and there's always stunts.. Also, most Martial Art Styles include a charm that let's you parry lethal attacks with some additional benefits.

It just seems pretty wasteful to get Dodge when we're going to buy an ability that improves parrying.

6. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

Setting aside Boosted Gear, Fist of the Daystar Style gives us bare-handed lethal parrying power as a permanent effect with the first charm in the tree. Dodge is still useful for bad touch effects that we don't want getting anywhere near us but I can't think of many of those in DxD off the top of my head.

Sol Mark-1 likes this.
  7. megrisvernin

megrisvernin Connoisseur.

Do we have contact info for Ruby & Yang?

It might be good to warn them of the threat & ask them to keep their eyes open for us. If the Stray Devil involves bystanders or cause major collateral damage it may be worth contacting them.

I sort of also want to feel out whether the two of them, Ruby particularly, wants to actively help us in our efforts. I'll leave the impetus in their corner but I'm not sure we have the right to deny them if they want to help us, particularly since we're training them.

8. noahgab1133

noahgab1133 Don't you trust me?

nice as for limit break make him go gaga over Asia. Then she gets kidnapped hurt etc and then the fallen angels will learn why an exalt that entered limit break is scary, especially one with the power of a dragon emperor.

9. Eler0

Or we could obsess over one of the fallen angels and bring her Asia as a token of our love. Show them why the usurpation happened.
    Because Limit Break usually, you know, are bad and don't conveniently line up with what you were going to do anyways.

Corvus 501 likes this.
  10. Nervaqus987

Nervaqus987 Well worn.

For a Scene.

Since we're Essence 3, we can activate it as an innate power and our natural weapons get the Orichalcum material bonus (+1 to Accuracy, Defense, and Rate) and have the Piercing tag(ignores 4 points of soak) along with the bonus of a Perfect Quality weapon and the ability to Parry and inflict Lethal damage with our bare hands.

It's at Essence 5 that it will become permanent for no cost.

Most of the Bad Touch effects in DxD that I can remember would probably bounce off of IPP, save for Samael's Poison.

Sol Mark-1 likes this.
  11. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

So we would stay that way forever with no further costs if we bought this charm now.

There's also the blood leech effect of Saji's sacred gear, the one that knocked Issei out in the Gremory/Sitri rating game. That one seems to be some kind of clinch that inflicts periodic bashing damage and Issei had no way to get rid of it without killing Saji if memory serves.

Sol Mark-1 likes this.
  12. Nervaqus987

Nervaqus987 Well worn.

Which version of FoDS are you using?

Because the v2 one I'm looking at has this;

Fist of Iron Technique
    Cost: 3m, Mins: Martial Arts 2, Essence 1; Type: Reflexive (Step 1 offensive, Step 2 defensive)
    Keywords: Combo-Ok, Hero
    Duration: Scene
    Prerequisites: None

The pugilist infuses her body with the glorious might of her Essence, striking with unbridled power. While this charm is active, the base damage of her unarmed Martial Arts attacks is increased by her Essence rating. Her unarmed Martial Arts attacks may inflict Lethal damage if she so chooses, and she may parry Lethal damage unarmed without penalty. In addition, the pugilist's natural punch, kick, and clinch weapons are considered Perfect quality. The points granted by this status are allocated when the Charm is purchased and may be altered after the fact for 1 XP.

Hero: In addition to Perfect quality, the Solar adds the orichalcum Magical Material bonus (+1 Accuracy, +1 Defense, +1 Rate) to punch, kick, and clinch, and adds the Piercing tag to punch and kick. These weapons count as orichalcum artifact weapons whenever that status would be beneficial. At Essence 3, the Charm may be activated as an Innate Ability. At Essence 5, it becomes Permanent with no mote cost.

Completely forgot about that one.

13. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

The second one. http://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?543595-Exalted-Fist-of-the-Daystar-Style-II-Electric-Boogaloo

14. Larekko12

Larekko12 Connoisseur.

I thought DxD Magic was based off Lore so making that better eaccelerates learning and usage?

But I would vote for the Dodge, Athletics, Resistance excelelencies for this upcoming thing. We still need time for the Ma one since it is not favored right?

15. Nervaqus987

Nervaqus987 Well worn.

I'm using this one

Guess we'll have to ask Alex which version he's using.

16. iamnuff

iamnuff Connoisseur.

extremely good point.

fighting a girl would basically make our perfect defence worthless.

unless we managed to convice ourself that we had a better chance at scoring if we did beat them? (not in a rapey way)

aand it ended up being the Flaw we took. brilliant.

so fighting hot girls gets us limit AND makes our PD worthless.

oh, don't get me wrong, it's totally in character, but like 90% of the people we will be fighting are half naked babes.

this is going to suck.

17. John At Dawn

John At Dawn Seeker of Answers

...I really hope we aren't attracted to the nipple laser monster.

18. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

"If I win you have to go on a date with me!"

Problem solved for pretty much every girl who isn't Raynare.

Fortunately our limit condition only works if the girl is attractive. Miss acid nipples probably has appearance 0.

Sol Mark-1 likes this.
  19. BFldyq

BFldyq It's pronounced Be-Fled-Ick

This is appearance 0?
    [img width=394 height=600]http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130430001033/highschooldxd/images/c/c0/Photofun-2666818897.jpg[/img]

20. Silversun17

Silversun17 Connoisseur.

check the rest of her body.

21. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

[​IMG]

I'm going to go with "yes." Unless Issei also has a fetish for monster girls, in which case she might be some kind of chimaera.

22. Larekko12

Larekko12 Connoisseur.

Eh. That Seems like Appearance 5 with situational Modifiers. And Issei has Exalted.

23. BFldyq

The rest of her body does not invalidate her lovely torso and face. If she was Appearance, nothing about her would be attractive.

24. Silversun17

Silversun17 Connoisseur.

still enough for issei go nope, nope ALL OF MY NOPE.

25. Alexander

You have Ruby's cellphone number.
    While that is true, how they are bad...differs. While Issei is prone to fall head over heels in love at the drop of a hat, he still has Compassion 5. So, in the case he falls in love with Raynare and he gives her Asia, he would still interpose himself between any punishment toward Asia because "compassionate".

Also, please remember the Great Curse doesn't act objectively but subjectively. I fully approve of attempts to justify a certain action to fit it into Issei's worldview.
    We're using this one.
    Oh, I'm not so heartless. Issei wants to be a "person worth of the affection of many girls". You will not fail your Motivation if you fight a girl.

You will fail if you act in a manner that, in Issei's eyes, makes him less worthy of being a Harem-King: like what it happened in canon, letting Asia temporarily kidnapped because enemy reinforcement was arriving.
    If Issei doesn't want to have sex with her, now or in the future, he doesn't consider a girl attractive.

Rolling...

[blockquote]Rolled 5d10 : 2, 1, 5, 10, 10, total 28[/blockquote]

Sol Mark-1 likes this.
  26. BFldyq

...I think we just got 4 Limit.

27. Alexander

>:D

Rolling again...

[​IMG] This dice roll has been tampered with!
    Rolled 3d10 : 2, 7, 10, total 19

No it's not. I just corrected a typo. Anyway: fail.

28. Threadmarks: Training Days I: A Very Busy Week (Part 7)
    Alexander

Stray Devils. A Devil who was turned into a Servant Devil of a Devil with a Peerage who betrayed or killed its master. Cases like this are bound to occur. The power of Devils is great. Were you not Exalted, it would be incomparable to the time when you were a human.

So of course there will be those who choose to use that power for their own self-interests, going so far as to break the oaths they made. Those Devils leave their master's place and cause destruction at different locations.

That is a "Stray Devil". In other words, a stray dog who chosen this fate and lived only for himself.

When found, the master or the other Devils are ordered to eliminate them. That is the law of the Devils. Other beings such as Angels and Fallen Angels sees them as threats and they will eliminate the Stray Devils whenever found.

There is nothing scarier than a Devil who does not abide by any rule.

I went to an unused building located at the outer part of the town along with Rias, Akeno, Kiba, and Koneko.

Apparently every night a Stray Devil is luring humans to the building to feed on them. As such, there was a request from the High-class Devil to hunt it. Something like: "Since it has escaped to the territory of Rias Gremory, I would like to ask you to eliminate it."

Apparently, this is also one of the jobs of a Devil.

Eating a human...There are evil Devils like that as well?

[No, Devils are like that] Ddraig tells you. [This is their original nature. Modern Devils suppress it with culture, but the most primal part of them is naturally Greedy and Selfish. This is the Law of Nature.]

'The law of Nature...'

[The lion devours the sheep. The hawk hunts the sparrow. Such is how the world works and Balance is preserved.] Bright continues. [Civilization came after, not before. So to judge one as 'inherently' wrong is to commit the worst of mistakes.]

You don't fully understand, but you get the feeling your mentors are trying to teach you an important lesson.

Eh, you will think about that later.

It's midnight. It's a world of darkness. You don't like it when the Sun isn't in the sky.

There's lot of tall grasses surrounding you, and the unused building is visible far away from here.

"...There is a bad atmosphere." You comment, somehow able to read the mood of the faraway target. "This place...is soaked in the scent of death."

"...Smell of blood.”

Koneko-chan concurs with you and covers her nose with her uniform after she says that.

Smell of blood? I can’t smell anything. So it means Koneko-chan has a good sense of smell.

We enter the building through a door that makes a creaking noise when we enter.

It's quiet. Yet can feel the presence of an enemy nearby, and its intent to kill you is quite powerful.

"Ise-kun, it's a good opportunity to experience what it's like to fight." Bucho says with confidence.

"Do you want me to fight too?"

"No, an opponent of this level should be easy to handle. But you can watch what a Devil's battle is like. Today just concentrate and look at how we fight. Oh, yes. I will also explain the traits the servants have."

"The properties of the Evil Pieces, correct?" Rias nods. "Akeno-sempai told me each Piece grants a different bonus.

"Correct. Those are the Servats' Traits. I'm not a matured Devil yet, so I can’t participate in the official tournament. Even if I could, there are things that I need to go through or else I can't play."

"Uhm, forgive me for asking, but how a 'matured Devil' become so?"

"First is to be eighteen years old. Then there is a public ceremony were young matured Devils fro noble families are formally introduced into society."

Sound like something straight out of an Eastern medieval society. Then again it's where originally Devils come from.

"The Traits are-"

Buchou stops there.

You know the reason why: the presence of the enemy and its intent to kill became much stronger. It's even worse than Dohnaseek.

Something is approaching us. Heavy steps could be heard coming down the dark corridor.

"I can smell something disgusting. But I can also smell something delicious. Is it sweet? Or is it sour?" A low voice is coming from above the ground. There is a creepiness in it that give you goosebumps.

"Stray Devil Vaizor. We are here to eliminate you." Buchou declares with hands over hips.

"Ketaketaketaketaketaketaketaketaketaketaketaketaketaketaketaketa..."

The abnormal laughter echoes around us. Ah, I now clearly understand.

This isn't the laugh of a human. It's also not the laugh of a Devil.

This is the laugh of a monster.

A topless woman appears from the shadow. But the woman’s body is floating.

No.

STEP!

More heavy footsteps. The next thing that appears is the body of a gigantic beast.

[img width=421 height=600]http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130308134206/highschooldxd/images/a/a7/Viser_manga.jpg[/img]

It's a grotesque being with the upper body of a woman and the lower body of a monster. The lower body has four fat legs with sharp claws and a living snake for a tail. From the size of it, it's definitely more than 5 meters tall. It's holding something that looks like a spear in both of its hands.

[Oh ho, what is this? A Chimera?] You can hear Bright. [No, I don't feel Luna's power. An Abomination then. Pitiful creature.]

[It looks like a strange hybrid of Centaur and, this world's, Chimera.] Ddraig sounds puzzled. [I wonder what kind of copulation gave birth to that.]

You don't wonder. Actually you would be better without knowing the answer for the rest of your life!

"Leaving your master’s side and rampaging as you please definitely deserve death. In the name of Duke Gremory, I will gladly eliminate you!"

"You are cunning for a little girrrrrrl! I will rip your body, and colour it in red just like your haaaaaaair!!"

The monster barks, but Buchou just laughs with her nose.

“Grunts sure do speak in a stylish manner. Yuuto!”

“Yes!”

Kiba, who was near me, sprints ahead as soon as Buchou gives him an order. Fast. He’s very fast.

“Ise, I will continue from the lecture before.” Buchou says. “Yuuto’s position is [Knight]. Its trait is speed. Those who become a [Knight] have their speed increased.”

The monster is using its spear to attack, but it didn’t seem like it will hit. Kiba is skillfully evading all attacks.

“And Yuuto’s ultimate weapon is swords.”

Kiba stops and suddenly he is holding an European sword. He took it out of the scabbard, and the drawn sword is reflecting the light of the moon.

Kiba suddenly disappears again. Next moment, the scream of the monster echoes.

“Gyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!”

Both of its arms are cut from its torso along with the spear. Blood gushes out of the wounds.

“This is Yuuto’s power. Speed that you can’t follow with your eyes, and sword skills of a professional. By combining these two, he becomes the fastest Knight.”

[Doubtful. The Devil boy's skills are rough and undefined. Still immature. Aim at his legs if you want to bring him down.]

'Bright-sensei, please stop suggesting how to best defeat my own allies.' You drily remark.

Suddenly there is a shadow near the monster’s legs. That’s Koneko-chan!

“Next is Koneko. She is a [Rook]. The trait of a Rook is its—”

“Damn inseeeeeeeeect!” The enormous monster tries to stomp on Koneko-chan!

Koneko-chan is in trouble!

...That is what you would say, but after all the training you have with her one thing is clear.

Someone like Vaizor...has no chance in hell to defeat her!

The monster’s foot didn’t hit the ground. It wasn’t able to stomp completely.

Because...

The girl with a tiny body is lifting up the monster’s foot.

“The trait of a [Rook] is simple. Absolute strength. And also very high defence. It’s impossible for a Devil with that calibre to stamp on Koneko. It can’t crush her.”

Koneko-chan completely lifts up the monster. “...Fly” The tiny girl jumps high and punches the monster’s stomach very sharply. The hit is so strong that the enormous body of the monster gets thrown backwards.

“Lastly, Akeno.”

“Yes, Buchou. Ara ara, what should I do?”

Akeno-san is laughing while walking towards the monster that is on the ground after being hit by Koneko-chan.

However, before what is obviously a one-side slaughter can proceed, your instincts alert you of danger!

Turning your head you see the severed arms of the Stray Devil levitating and, still holding the spears, shooting towards Bucho's unprotected back!

[] What do you do?
    ----

If you haven't understand yet, those rolls were for noticing the surprise attack. This time you noticed it, but just in case I want to ask you this:

Does this mean that the attacker must roll against a difficulty equal to the victim's Wits+Awareness? Or both need to roll and the highest wins?

29. Eler0

[ ] get between Bucho and the attack and try to parry.
    Another advantage ov Parry DV over Dodge is that you can protect others with it.
    If we fail to parry we can just soak it.

[X] Smuthunter

30. Mu-Sensei

Mu-Sensei No Work, No Life.

[X] Danger. You sense, and with reflexes born of your superior power and the adrenaline of witnessing a fight, you react. Interposing yourself between Rias and the attack your hands alight with the power of the sun, you lash, and hold both of the spears.

I don't know if 'forcefield charm' (forgot its name) could be projected to cover Rias, so we'd better jump in the path of the attack to ward it off.