1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

I will become God-Harem King of the World! [Highschool DxD/Exalted] (CLOSED)

Discussion in 'Questing' started by Alexander, Jan 23, 2014.

1. BFldyq

BFldyq It's pronounced Be-Fled-Ick

I've been thinking: would the Evil Pieces even work on us? The "cost" of someone is determined by their current power, and their potential. As a Solar, our potential is limitless. I can just Issei agreeing to join her peerage, only for the Evil Pieces to go "DOES NOT COMPUTE" and refuse to change him.

Still, I'm wondering if we'll ever have a good enough relationship with Rias and her peerage that we tell them to truth. I wonder what their reaction would(will) be to finding out that Issei has both a Longinus, and a Longinus-equivalent from an unknown world.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
  2. Threadmarks: Training Days I: A Very Busy Week (Part 9)
    Alexander

Alexander That is not dead which can eternal lie

Day 7

Despite the chaos of the past days, the week comes to an end peacefully.

You met interesting people and made new friends.

You studied, trained, suffered and in general pushed yourself beyond limits you didn't know you have.

Everything is just so...simple. You are sure no one should be able to learn at your pace. Does being an Exalt change so much?

Nonetheless, you finally reap the fruits of your hardships.

And what a fruit they are.

Issei gained:
    Issei Gained:
    Training Days I: Completed!

+4 Xp for honing your abilities without rest
    +1 Xp for having opened many new options
    +5 Xp for completing the training
    ----

Next post is coming soon...

3. Threadmarks: The Sister from the East - Part 1
    Alexander

Alexander That is not dead which can eternal lie

You're on your way home after the regular club activity ended.

"It's already been a week, uh...?" You exhale while walking at the top of a fence like in Ranma 1/2. Why? To see if you can of course. You may be better at magic, but martial arts are just too cool to pass off. Beside, a Kung-fu Wizard is better than a Squishy Wizard, right?

Never mind the stares from the people walking in the street below.

[Feeling restless partner?] Ask Ddriag, your Dragon partner.

'A little. Since the attack from that male Fallen Angel there hasn't been news of Yuuma, I mean Raynare. It would be great if they gave up on me, but I have the feeling it's just the calm before the storm.'

[Possible, possible. My advice is: keep your guard up and, if they dare show up again, show them why it's unwise to mess with a Dragon.]

You chuckle. 'You're so hot-blooded. Are Dragons really like that?'

[More of less. Domination is in our nature, even if we suppress it, it will just show up later. So going all out once in awhile isn't bad.]

'Once in a while, uh? I can dig that.' You grin. When the fence ends you jump down. 'Where is Bright?'

[Closed inside her laboratory, doing Great Red only know. I swear I saw a robot walking around. A robot.]

...Ominous. That is not nice, but neither is Bright-sensei.

"Hawaau!"

Hmm? A sudden voice. At the same time you heard the voice from behind you, there is also a sound of something dropping on the ground.

When you turned around there is a Sister, a Catholic Nun, on the floor. She is spreading her arms wide open and has her face on the ground. That's certainly a clumsy way of falling down.

"Are you okay?"

You approach the Sister and give her your hand so she can stand up.

"Auu. Why do I keep on tripping over... Oh, I'm sorry. Thank you very much~."

'Judging from her voice, she is young. Is she the same age as me?' You take her hand to lift her up. As she stands up the Sister's veil flies off because of the wind.

Her blonde hair, which was hidden underneath, falls down onto her shoulders sparkling with light because of the sunshine.

[​IMG]

—!

Your heart is taken by her instantly.

A blonde, foreign beauty is standing front of you. Both of her green eyes look so beautiful that it feels you will be sucked into them if you stare too long.

She looks exactly like your ideal girl (Blonde beauty version)! 'Is this is a flag!?' You're thinking something selfish like that.

[No, it's a Nun].

'...Ddraig, later remember me to explain to you what [Tsukkomi] means.'

Still, you need to say something or she will think you're strange.

[] Write-in.

4. Deathwings

Deathwings Questionable French Guy

Incoming Limit Break in 3...2...1...

5. Dimensionist

Dimensionist Grand Master of Apologism, Keeper of the Faith

[X] "... Marry me."

6. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

Plan of action:

1) Give Ruby a call and see if she's anywhere nearby. Introduce them so Asia has a friend besides you.
    2) Asia will most likely be forced to accompany Raynare's posse when they inevitably come after you. Summon Rias and friends and fight them head-on. Secure Asia in the confusion of the fight. Call Ruby too if necessary, she'll most likely bring Yang with her.
    3) If all else fails, grab her and turtle up in the Occult club, that place is a fortress of rune work and Raynare would be crazy to attack Rias on her home turf.

7. Mu-Sensei

Mu-Sensei No Work, No Life.

[X] "...Marry me."

Sometimes less is more. Thank you Dimensionist.

8. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

That's just going to weird her out. I don't know what to say but I'm positive that's not it.

9. Dimensionist

Sometimes, you've gotta go for the story and IC reaction more than how to game the quest.

Plus, this seems amusing.

Salbazier likes this.
  10. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

I would prefer a response that isn't going to make her back away slowly and then bolt at the first opening. Turn down the creep-o-meter please.

11. Heaven Canceler

Heaven Canceler Behind You!

It is unlikely that Raynare would even attack us. Remember, she is still badly hurt and another member of her group is also full with bandages.

Should we try to flirt with Asia and overdo it horribly? Issei doesn't have much confidence in his skills with females even with his dreams, so maybe he would even use a charm to make up for that. Would the Irresistible Salesman Spirit technique work for an attempt to flirt with her?

If yes.

[X] "Ah, sorry I got distracted because you are too cute..... Wah! I am sorry, not that you are not cute or anything, but!" You panik for a short while, but then you manage to calm down. You ask her what she is doing in the city and if you can help her after introducing yourself.
    - [X] That was so embarrassing just now. Trying to talk with someone is hard enough without it being a cute girl. Maybe that Charm you managed to learn recently would help? Use Irresistible Salesman Spirit while flirting with the nun and offer to show her the city.
    -- [X] During the tour, call Ruby and ask her whether she and Yang want to join us for a day out. Tell them we have found a newcomer to the city and want her to have a nice first day here.

12. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

Besides flirting with her we could offer to show her around the city. Then we call Ruby to join us and maybe get to meet Yang and make a day on the town out of it.

13. Heaven Canceler

That is a good idea. Do you think this edited version is alright?

14. Dimensionist

It wouldn't. Haven't seen High School DXD, have you?

15. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

It's my favorite harem series. I've read most of the novels up to about volume 14 or so. Asia isn't so sheltered and naive that she wouldn't be weirded out by someone proposing to her out of the blue.

Yeah, this works. Better check first to make sure Ruby and Yang speak English, I assumed so because of their heritage but it's better to be sure.

16. John At Dawn

John At Dawn Seeker of Answers

I don't know man, for a nun, she sure seemed quick to join the "we want Ise's dick" club. Especially that scene after Rias moves in and she finds her and Ise in bed, with Rias naked, then tries to join in. Unless that scene was just in the manga.

Just how repressed is she?

17. Dimensionist

If you have, then I have no idea why you'd think that. Asia is exactly like that - she wouldn't be 'creeped out' by anything short of attempted assault. And it's not like the statement's particularly creepy in context - the whole 'guy's struck dumb by the girl in front of me, says something stupid' bit is fairly prevalent in shows. I think this exact line was actually used by Ross in Friends.

But, since you apparently find it too wrong ...

[X] "... Marry me."
    -[X] Immediately after that: "I-I mean, are you alright? Do you need help?"
    --[X] Engage her in a conversation - who she is, what she's doing here, the basics. This is an opportunity to get to know the girl of your dreams - don't waste it!
    ---[X] Offer to treat her, use Irresistible Salesman Spirit to bolster your offer. Give it all you've got!

Trooper1021 and Salbazier like this.
  18. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

On the one hand you have a person who's saved her life, been the best friend she's ever had, and essentially adopted her and completely turned her life around in the space of a few days.

On the other is a person she has quite literally just met.

There is a rather substantial difference in status between the two.

See, this is much better. It's just missing Ruby and Yang.

19. iamnuff

iamnuff Connoisseur.

[X] "Ah, sorry I got distracted because you are too cute..... Wah! I am sorry, not that you are not cute or anything, but!" You panik for a short while, but then you manage to calm down. You ask her what she is doing in the city and if you can help her after introducing yourself.
    - [X] That was so embarrassing just now. Trying to talk with someone is hard enough without it being a cute girl. Maybe that Charm you managed to learn recently would help? Use Irresistible Salesman Spirit while flirting with the nun and offer to show her the city.
    -- [X] During the tour, call Ruby and ask her whether she and Yang want to join us for a day out. Tell them we have found a newcomer to the city and want her to have a nice first day here.

20. staplesdex2

staplesdex2 Status: CLASSIFIED

[X] Flow with Canon events when meeting with Asia for the first time.

There are times when one has to deviate from canon. Right now this is not one of them. Do we really have to waste a Charm here?

21. Dimensionist

Eh. She was rather considerate and understanding even before all that, and she liked Issei before he did any of that, even with his social skills.

Why are we calling Ruby and Yang out when we're focusing on Asia? That makes no sense.

I mean, if she mentioned something about not having any friends, then yeah, I could see it. Right now, though, Issei should be focused on the girl in front of him, not involving random people he's just met. It makes more sense to call Rias than it does to call Ruby and Yang - we've known her longer.

22. protoss16

protoss16 Know what you're doing yet?

23. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

Good, because she will. She's new in town and doesn't speak Japanese, remember? Helping her hook up with our friends is a great way to help her get settled and also score potential girlfriend points. Asia needs as many English-speaking friends as she can get, this is not a difficult conclusion for Issei to come to. Introducing her to Rias would be a good idea if only it weren't for that pesky little nun vs devil thing to worry about.

24. Dimensionist

Out and out coming to that conclusion without in-universe prompting doesn't work for me, however. I guess I'll do this:

[X] "... Marry me."
    --[X] Engage her in a conversation - who she is, what she's doing here, the basics. This is an opportunity to get to know the girl of your dreams - don't waste it!
    ---[X] Offer to treat her, use Irresistible Salesman Spirit to bolster your offer. Give it all you've got!
    ----[X] Try and make her enjoy her time with you. If she's lonely, call in some friends (preferably Ruby and Yang). If she's lost, guide her. If she seems to have trouble with understanding something (she seems a bit sheltered), be sure to explain things to her. Be there for her - that's the least you, Hyodou Issei, gentleman extraordinaire, can do!

25. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

And at this point the two primary options are essentially the same save for dialogue options. You want to call this one, Alex?

26. BFldyq

BFldyq It's pronounced Be-Fled-Ick

Here's a good compromise:
    [X] "... Marry me." In Japanese.
    -[X] Immediately after that: "I-I mean, are you alright? Do you need help?" In Italian. Wait, when did you learn Italian?!?
    ----[X] Try and make her enjoy her time with you. If she's lonely, call in some friends (preferably Ruby and Yang). If she's lost, guide her. If she seems to have trouble with understanding something (she seems a bit sheltered), be sure to explain things to her. Be there for her - that's the least you, Hyodou Issei, gentleman extraordinaire, can do!

Trooper1021 and accounsfw93 like this.
  27. Dimensionist

Different intent behind each option, and my vote has some additional details and actions involved - namely, offering to treat her to some food, offering to answer any questions she has about how things work, trying to get to know her, etc.

28. noahgab1133

noahgab1133 Don't you trust me?

[X] "... Marry me."

29. kinglugia

kinglugia A Randy Avian

[X] "... Marry me."

30. Heaven Canceler

No matter what wins, this is going to be amusing.