1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

I will become God-Harem King of the World! [Highschool DxD/Exalted] (CLOSED)

Discussion in 'Questing' started by Alexander, Jan 23, 2014.

1. Alexander

Alexander That is not dead which can eternal lie

Don't worry.

So, since I'm going to be fairly busy, we have a vote for Fireball and one for Dragon Wave.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
  2. Dimensionist

Dimensionist Grand Master of Apologism, Keeper of the Faith

[X] Dragonwave vote.

3. Eler0

Eler0 Versed in the lewd.

Changing my vote, also trying my hand at a stunt, should at least get us one dice and some motes.
    [X] Dragon Wave with Holy enhancement
    [X] Dragon Wave with Holy enhancement
    -[X] You did not like hurting her, even after she tried to kill you, but this is different. She had her chance and she was ready to kill Asia. You do not have Asia's ability to heal, the best you can do is protect gentle souls like her from evil. "With the power of the holy sun, I strike you down, evildoer. Dragonwave!"

4. Malcolmo

Malcolmo Insert custom title here

Fixed a few spelling mistakes.

5. Peanuckle

Peanuckle Versed in the lewd.

Just read the last bit, and I think Issei could've really used some Enemy-Castigating Solar Judgement there.

6. Alexander

Issei uses Dragonwave with Holy enhancement.
    Issei spends 3 motes from Overdrive Pool.

Dexterity 3 + Athletics 1 + Essence 3 + Stunt 1 = 8

[blockquote]Rolled 8d10 : 9, 9, 1, 8, 9, 7, 2, 9, total 54[/blockquote]

Against:
    Difficulty 1
    Raynare's Dodge MDV: 4 - 1 (wound penalty) = 3

7. Alexander

Well...she went down even faster than I predicted. Please wait a little while I write the post...

Sol Mark-1 likes this.
  8. Mu-Sensei

Mu-Sensei No Work, No Life.

Did we just defeated the First 'Episode' Boss in a single strike?! Solar Issei is awesome. A pity Ruby (and Yang) were not here to witness our awesomeness

9. BFldyq

BFldyq It's pronounced Be-Fled-Ick

I think you forgot the damage roll.

Unless your house-ruling that out, in which case ignore me.

10. Eler0

Thanks, was posting from my phone.

Does anyone else think we should get a Martial Arts Excellency? We have lots of motes in our overdrive pool and almost no offensive charms to use them with.

11. Alexander

Nope: effects that inflict a determined number of damages don't roll, but soak is applied.

12. BFldyq

Ah.

*checks*

So did we just 4 damage, or 7 damage? If the latter, Raynare is now dead. If it's the former, she's now down to her -4 health box.

...Wait, she's flying isn't she? Yeah, the falling damage will knock her out, if it doesn't kill her.

13. Heaven Canceler

Heaven Canceler Behind You!

What exactly are we going to do with her if she is still alive? Just leaving her behind sounds like it is asking for her to come back later, or inform some dangerous People about out capabilities. People that actually have a Chance in hell to win against us. We could make her our minion of course... and put all of the shitty jobs on her. See how well she likes to be at the lowest Point on the food-chain.

14. BFldyq

She mentioned that they 50 exorcists on hand. They're inside Devil territory. I'm pretty sure that can be interpreted as an act of war.

Anyway, the cats already out of the bag. We may as well go all in.

Though I still find the idea that even if Issei agrees to it, Rias can't make him her servant, as his cost is too high, really amusing. :))

15. Threadmarks: The Sister from the East - Part 8
    Alexander

[X] A Dragon Roars As The Sun Judges
    ----

This is a battle that you absolutely cannot lose. This is why instead of rushing head-on you decide to wait for Raynare to make the first move. Concentrating all of your attention on your guard you stay still, ready for whatever card your ex-girlfriend may decide to play.

She stares at you harshly for a few seconds before she abruptly turns and tosses both spears at the wall behind her.

BOOM!

"Follow me if you dare low-life!" She taunts as she jumps into the hole and disappears into the cloud of dusk shinning from the sunlight coming from outside.

'She's going to fly, isn't she?'

[Yes. Too bad.]

'Too bad...' You grin. 'That she doesn't know I have ranged attacks now.'

"Ah!" With a single well calculated punch you produce a shockwave that disperse the cloud of smoke. With your vision no longer impaired you step outside the hole and find yourself in a courtyard. Judging from the position you're behind the Church.

Boosted Gear raises and block the thrown light spear. The impact is heavy, but it's nothing compared to Koneko's punches. Or Bright's. Or Ddraig's tail blows.

Why there are so many people who wants to beat you?

You look up at the flying Raynare. "To answer your question: I dare." You smile as she snarls. "And that was kind of a weak shot. Don't you have anything better?"

As you circle each other a lot of people dressed mostly in white starts pouring out of the dormitory next to the church. Maybe sensing the tension they don't approach but gather next to the hole in the wall.

"What's happening?" Demand a gorgeous woman with a very short dress.

"Everyone!" Mittelt jumps between you and them, Asia hurrying behind her. "This is a personal duel. Raynare already agreed, so nobody interfere!"

'Good job Mittelt.' You mentally congratulate the Gothic Lolita.

"Do you see it now?" Raynare boasts. "It doesn't matter if you're Exalted, whatever that mean, or have a Longinus! In the hands of a low-life like you they're nothing more than toys."

"Tch, tch." You tsk. Poor Raynare: you did not like hurting her, even after she tried to kill you, but this is different. She had her chance and she was ready to kill Asia. You do not have Asia's ability to heal, the best you can do is protect gentle souls like her from evil. "Do you really believe that?"

"What can you do?! It doesn't matter how powerful you are: as long as I control the sky you will never hit me!"

"That's where you're wrong." You raise Boosted Gear and point its open palm towards her. "You don't belong in the sky!"

Your Anima flares, engulfing your body in a brilliant bonfire of Essence that burns from your feet to three foots above your head; you're sure you're visible for miles. Pure Holy power coalescences into your hand, hallowed fire made to purify this base Earth from imperfections.

Raynare's eyes widen in disbelief.

And now, to let your inner Ham free!

"With the power of the Holy Sun, I strike you down evildoer. Dragonwave!"
    A beam made of Glory Incarnate tears through the air. Raynare tries to run away, but it's too late.

"AAAAAHHHHHH!!!"

The Fallen Angel screams in excruciating pain as her wings are obliterated and most of her exposed flesh burned.
    Lacking the means, and the strength, to stay airborne she falls.

Directly into a deep puddle left behind by the heavy rains of the last days.

You calmly approach her, noticing with satisfaction how the underlings seem paralyzed at the sight of their leader defeated in one blow.

With the flames having put out by the water Raynare drags herself, shuddering and whimpering, out of the puddle. You stop two foot from her and tilt your head as you look down at her. "I think I won."

"...Don't..." A barely audible whisper.

"What?" Does she still have the energy to talk?

"DON'T SCREW WITH ME!!!"

With an unexpected burst of strength Raynare throws herself at you, a light spear in her right hand. Because of the suddenness of the attack you fail to react in time.

STAB!

You grimace as the spear pierces your left shoulder. It doesn't go through it, but boys it hurts!

"Trash. Lowlife. Insect!" There is a wild look in her eyes that makes you think she's on the verge of madness. "Me, losing? Heresy. Blasphemy. Know your place!"

Something inside of your snaps. No, it falls into place.
    Boosted Gear starts glowing.

"The only one..."

You raise your right hand.

Pieces of the gauntlet falls from it. Even as the damage heals the pieces starts orbiting around your right arm.

"Who need to know his place..."
    The scraps of armor slam into your forearm. There is a final burst of light, and then...

"IS YOU!"

...You have identical gauntlets on both arms.

[What the-!] Cries Ddraig.

"REPENT ALREADY!"

Your Anima explodes. The great crimson dragon with scales of orichalcum that is your symbol appears in all his glory behind you, roaring his challenge to the enemies below and his alliance to the Heavens above.

Raynare screams.

Your right armed fist slams into her face with the force of a freight train, burying her head and entire torso into the ground.

[What the hell? Two Boosted Gear? No, it still feels like one, but double? You! What did you do?!]

[I will explain later. Now worm, decide: mercy or judgment?]

It's...not easy, but you can't betray your principles so easily. Even if she was a bitch Raynare doesn't need to die here.

You turn to the awe-struck crowd. Many flinch back as the dragon follows your movements. "Asia, please heal Raynare: she needs to face judgment for her actions, and she can't do that if she's dead."

The blonde nun hesitates only for a second before following your request. "Ise-san, your shoulder..."

"It's okay." You almost press your palm on the wound before remembering you still have the gauntlet on. "I had worse before."

Meanwhile the woman who questioned Mittelt finishes to gather together the broken pieces of her Suspension of Disbelief. She yells at the men in white. "Get the-"

That's when Mittelt's foot meets her face and she's tossed backwards with the force of a cannonball, sending many minions flying like bowling bins.

Unexpected, but not unwanted.

"What are you doing Mittelt-sama?!" A minion cries.

"Isn't it obvious? I'm defecting! I never liked this work anyway." Laughing, Mittelt displays her wings and flies next to you before grabbing you around the waist.

She looks up at you with eyes filled with adoration. "From now on Mittelt's body, mind and soul are all yours Issei-sama." She giggles lecherously. "Especially her body."

Maybe your proposals were a tiny bit too effective. Oh well. "I accept your vow Mittelt. Let's stay together forever." You put your right fist over your heart. "You surprised me: you're stronger than you look."

"That's only natural!" She says with pride. "I'm a quarter Oni!"

Eh? "Oni, as Japanese Oni?"

"Yep! Fallen Angels can mate with every race."

What a great news to hear!

The men still conscious, now that you think about it they have to be the Stray Exorcists Raynare mentioned, take out various weapons.

Is that a Lightsaber? 'Mine!'

"You think you will get away with this?!" An exorcist threatens.

"It depends." A new, rich voice suddenly say. "Can you get away with what you did? I think not."

At once everyone turns towards the city. There, calmly climbing the hill are the members of the Occult Research Club with Rias in the front and another person you don't know.

[​IMG]

What presence! He looks like a punk, but all your instincts are yelling at you he isn't someone to be trifled with.

"S-Shariel-sama?!" At once the exorcists freeze.

Shariel? One of Grigori's Leaders?

"I get sent here to investigate a few irregular orders, and what I find?" He looks up at your Anima. "Nice dragon."

"Thanks?" He sounds sincere, if a little disinterested.

"Shariel-sama?" Mittelt speaks up. "I officially resign my position from the Grigori!"

"...And what make you think you can do that?"

"I lied about my age! I'm only fifteen!"

Great! This means she can still grow up!

"...Another one." Shariel sighs. "I swear, it happens too often. So troublesome." A flick of his wrist and a barrier made of light forms around the exorcists. "You, on the other hand, are all under arrest. I will tell you why later."

"Issei-kun..." Rias greets you as she walks closer.

"Hello Bucho." You greet her back with a big smile. "You wouldn't believe the kind of day I just had." You point a thumb to Shariel. "I assume there's an interesting story behind this?"

"Yes, there is." Her eyes roams over Boosted Gear. "About..."

"Don't worry: the full truth. I was going to do it anyway soon."

"Good." She nods, pleased.

What a crazy and beautiful life you have.

[] Watch out for the second part! []
    ----

Confused? If yes, I succeeded in my goal.

The plot doesn't revolve only around Issei. In the next post all your questions will be answered.

For now I leave you with a new vote:

Because Bright, Issei now has two Gauntlets!

Boosted Gear "Dragon Twin" Mode
    Speed Accuracy Damage Defense Rate Attune Tags
    5 +0 +5B +2 2 *5m, 1wp M
    6 +0 +4B – 1 *5m, 1 wp C, M

*Artifact and attunement cost is for a matched pair

What's more, they are now considered Fine Equipment. Fine Equipment add 1 to one of the following characteristics: Accuracy, Damage or Defense.

So decide one (note: both identical value for Gauntlet will receive the 1):
    [] Accuracy
    [] Damage
    [] Defense

16. Bloodshifter

Bloodshifter The Bio-Armor Lover

DOUBLE BOOSTO. INSANITY PLAIN PURE INSANITY HAREM GET. POWER GET. GEAR GET.
    GLORIOUS SOLAR BULLSHIT IS BEST
    PRAISE THE SUN DRAGON

Also
    Human
    Fallen Angel/Oni Hybrid Get.

[X] Defense.

Athain, BlackThief12, Shador and 10 others like this.
  17. Eler0

That was great. I wonder where our new harem members are going to live, though.

[X] Defense.

18. Bloodshifter

Social the Parents its what Canon did for Asia.

19. Eler0

Risa was more invested in him in canon, though. He and Asia were both parts of her peerage and here she doesn't even know Asia or Mittelt.
    I suppose we could do the social-fuing ourselves.

20. Ubylkoen

Ubylkoen Not Ganondorf.

[X] Defense.

21. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

We could always bunk them in the shrine until we can find a nicer place for them. You think Tomofuri would enjoy the company?

22. BFldyq

I would like to note that Shariel was a mistranslation/type of Sahariel. But it's fine, considering he's already a OC. O:)

23. overmind

overmind Ruler of the Swarm

Who is Shariel?

24. ShadowAngelBeta

ShadowAngelBeta Well worn.

Going all out, our Social-fu is very likely better than hers.

[X] Defense

Glorious Solar Bullshit is Glorious Solar Bullshit.

I wonder what the unintended consequences of this are going to be? Since that's the big point in Exalted story-telling.

Also I asked this before, but does what we just did qualify as fulfilling our motivation, i.e. we can get an Essence upgrade?

Least Devotee likes this.
  25. BFldyq

Well, we're well on our way to qualifying for the "Harem" bit, but the "King" part is going to take a bit longer.

victor janus likes this.
  26. Bloodshifter

depends on our relationship with them. As is we can craft any sort of intamancy with Miltit and Asia.

Also I just noticed. We have an Occult dot! Time to dump exp into it.

27. Tetsurō

Tetsurō Communist Penguin

[X] Defense.

28. Heaven Canceler

Heaven Canceler Behind You!

[X] Defence

So... fallen angels often lie about their Age? Interesting.

29. Silversun17

Silversun17 Connoisseur.

I think our fallen angel will want to be under our roof considering her "especially my body" line.

Least Devotee likes this.
  30. Deathwings

Deathwings Questionable French Guy

Boosted Gear already provide a wide boost in offense. As for accuracy...we can more easily improve it by learning some proper Archery. I'll go with defense right now. Especially if it render Boosted Gear harder to break. Damn McGuffins and their tendency to break at the worst time possible...

[X] Defense