1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

I will become God-Harem King of the World! [Highschool DxD/Exalted] (CLOSED)

Discussion in 'Questing' started by Alexander, Jan 23, 2014.

1. touhou ranfuku

touhou ranfuku Versed in the lewd.

It's a little touchy for me whenever I see the relation between Issei and Naruto.

Never mind. Let's wait till the Evil Piece research complete then we will discuss it.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
  2. BFldyq

BFldyq It's pronounced Be-Fled-Ick

6 days of training. 144 hours.

3. nightblade

nightblade Gone for Good

Maybe I got confused but I thought his training schedule took 110 hours total. Also I have been up for around 18 hours. So I might not be thinking straight.

4. BFldyq

BFldyq It's pronounced Be-Fled-Ick

No, you are right, on review. It was around 94 hours total, not 110.

If it had been asked right after day 7, 110 hours would have been correct.

5. Gnarker

Gnarker Versed in the lewd.

And how do you propose we sacrifice the curse?

6. Brandark

Brandark Not too sore, are you?

Before we do anything , we have to know about the curse IC . I thought the Great Curse is unknown to all but a precious few . Is Bright included amongst them ?

7. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

The Great Curse is known of by only a small handful of people, and none of those people are Exalted.

First is Lytek, the God of Exaltations. He's known about it since the First Age but thought he could solve it and put it on the backburner. Then the Usurpation happened and he's been keeping the knowledge to himself since then -- if it came out that he knew about the curse and didn't say anything about it he'd get forged into starmetal for certain, never mind that he might be the only one currently in Creation who can fix it.

Jupiter, the Maiden of Secrets, also knows because it's in her nature to know things that are hidden, but it's also in her nature to keep them hidden. Unlike Lytek she actually can't disobey this imperative.

The yozis and the neverborn almost certainly know given that they had root-level access to their own batches of Solar shards and rewrote the curse to become Torment and Resonance respectively. Pray that we are never in a position to have a conversation with them about it.

Autocthon doesn't yet know about the curse -- he's been out of the picture since the First Age, but he was the one who made the Exaltations in the first place. If anyone knows how to fix the curse it would be him.

8. Alexander

Alexander That is not dead which can eternal lie

Nope. No Solar is aware of the Great Curse. At all. Why? Because the curse is subtle.

Take Issei as an example. His Limit Break is falling in love at the drop of a hat.

Isn't that something he does all the time? So when people see him doing it they don't think "there is something wrong with him", they think "here we go again...". Why? Because Issei is so compassionate that, usually, he always spare his enemies and reciprocate girls' feelings because he can't bear to disappoint them.

Of course, when common sense goes out of the window in Limit Break it's a problem, because being compassionate sometimes is a weakness.

But then, Creation is a gritty place and Issei isn't there. So maybe...he's (relatively) safe for the first hundred years?

TheWave, Akuma-Heika and Sol Mark-1 like this.
  9. Brandark

Yes , I thought so too . Then how did the idea of getting rid of the Great Curse with sorcery come up ?

10. ZipLopz

ZipLopz Know what you're doing yet?

[X] Before she can fully process your previous exchange, you decide to try something you saw a few days ago on tv: Dashing inside her guard, you open with an left elbow strike, that meets her right gauntlet just as you grab her right with the same hand. your left hand pushes, enough to throw her UP, but not enough to seriously injure her as a punch would.

As she spin into the air, you anima flares, and the dragon coils as you legs bend and straigthen pushing you to meet her. She's no damsel however, so even airborne, her fists burn brighly, a fearsome hook you block with both hands and a jab that nearly pushes you away, before you one more twist just so.

Centrifugal force is diverted and applied your right clawed hands finding puchase into the folds of her gauntlet and spinning yourself to face her back and lock her upside down. As the dragon coils around her magnificent body, you remember this move is lethal, and reposition her half a second before you both meet the ground, that instead of a piledriver you're holding her on your arms in a princess carry.

[^ Use both Martial Arts Excelency and Monkey Leap]

Let's see how this goes...

Trooper1021 likes this.
  11. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

Presumably people don't want Issei to be doomed to go insane in the long run and are grasping at straws for ways to evade this fate.

12. John At Dawn

John At Dawn Seeker of Answers

So sorcery isn't an option then? I presumed so, since Solars can in general do just about anything given enough time.

13. Mu-Sensei

Mu-Sensei No Work, No Life.

dunno much, but doesn't going insane means insane in a way that makes us limit break in progerssively more extreme ways? because falling in epic love with beautiful girls isn't all that dangerous or out of character for Issei, so I'm not worried about that.

14. Alexander

Rolling:

Issei: -1 DV
    [blockquote]Rolled 9d10 : 7, 3, 1, 4, 8, 3, 6, 5, 1, total 38[/blockquote]
    Yang: -1 DV
    [blockquote]Rolled 5d10 : 8, 4, 5, 4, 8, total 29[/blockquote]
    Yang: -1 DV
    [blockquote]Rolled 5d10 : 10, 7, 2, 5, 5, total 29[/blockquote]
    [blockquote]Rolled 9d10 : 5, 6, 1, 8, 3, 5, 4, 9, 4, total 45[/blockquote]
    [blockquote]Rolled 11d10 : 4, 2, 2, 5, 7, 10, 9, 10, 2, 5, 8, total 64[/blockquote]

Walkir likes this.
  15. Eler0

Eler0 Versed in the lewd.

Looks like that +1 to defense is already paying off.

16. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

Sorcery has very few limits on what it's able to do. The Black and White Treatise has a short list, and it comes down to:

1) No messing around with the sun, moon, or the stars corresponding to the Five Maidens. The Incarnae can give you permission to bypass this one.
    2) You can't conjure a demense out of thin air. The best that sorcery can do is play around with geomancy to encourage the natural formation of a demense.
    3) No spell is able to see the future or travel through time. Stasis bubbles are possible.
    4) You can't resurrect the dead (Making zombies and the like does not count as resurrection).

In theory, if we had some way to learn about the Great Curse it is entirely possible that a brilliant high-essence Solar sorcerer could find a way to carve it out of his Exaltation. Unfortunately we have no way to gain such information.

For the nth+1 time! The Great Curse is not something to be taken so lightly! :mad:

17. Marthis

Marthis Oh how wonderful!

The Trojan war begs to differ.

Akuma-Heika and Corvus 501 like this.
  18. Brandark

This. Its called the Great Curse for a reason , with capital G and C .My wiki-fu informs me that the Great Curse is intended to emulate the actions of classical heroes such as Hercules, who slew his wife and children in a fit of madness.

19. John At Dawn

Uh, that madness was done to him by Hera, so maybe not the best example.

20. Gnarker

You mean, like the Great Curse of the Exalted was done to them by the Primordials? Exactly.

Also, seeing what we are talking about here, I kind of doubt anything below Adamant Circle Sorcery is going to do squat to it.

Akuma-Heika, kuradora and Corvus 501 like this.
  21. John At Dawn

There's a bit of a difference between cursing someone because they usurped your rightful position as divine rulers of the world and causing someone to kill their family because your husband couldn't keep it in his pants. The Primordials were beaten and killed. Hera was just a vindictive bitch.

Akuma-Heika likes this.
  22. Brandark

I gave Hercules as an example because the Great Curse was said to be modelled after his , and other classical heroes' actions . So looking at them gives you a clear idea of what Exalts are capable of under Limit Break .

Besides , Hercules was said to have a nasty temper and didn't know his own strength , so he killed more than one innocent person simply for being too close when his temper got the better of him. Hera's curse took that character trait up to eleven , leading to Hercules' murder of his wife and children . Don't you think it's extremely similar to how the Great Curse works ?

23. Silversun17

Silversun17 Connoisseur.

The big issue with having high compassion in exalted is as the great curse takes hold your compassion gets twisted. most compassionate solars turn into control freaks in a maddness inspired attempt to keep their loved ones safe.

maybe we will get lucky and the dragon in our soul will slap us upside the head whenever we start going nuts.

Akuma-Heika likes this.
  24. Threadmarks: Training Days II: A Not So Peaceful Month (Part 3)
    Alexander

[X] Burning Passion

You hop a few steps, a ferocious grin on your face. She smiles back, bouncing in more ways than one (you resist the urge to look down: it’s very hard, but you manage somehow), and then both of you move. Fist meet fist, metal meets metal, wind and sound fills the clearing as both let loose a powerful right uppercut.

A second one, her left one and you spin just so, that her gauntlets brush your shirt. Your right hand, still outstretched, twists in a knife strike while your left fist blurs forward, your entire body becoming a hammer of centrifugal force coated in wind. This is an advanced technique, you only managed to use it in real combat thanks to First Martial Arts Excellency.

As both of you jump back to evade the last exchange, it also helped that both hold back from striking true, the only sound in the clearing....

RIP!

“Uhoh!” “Ah!” “Wa-!” Say your audience.

Is ripping cloth. Her gauntlets still have a large piece of your jacket in its links, and your eyes nearly bulge as her coat’s buttons falls from one of the spikes of your gauntlet.

“Erm, ops?” You both say at the same time. She shrugs the coat off, and you do the same to your jacket, leaving you in a short-sleeved form-fitting red shirt.

Before she can fully process your previous exchange you decide to try something you saw a few days ago on TV.

‘I invoke the power of Youth!’

Dashing inside her guard you open with an left elbow strike that meets her right gauntlet just as you grab her right arm with the same hand. Your left hand pushes, enough to throw her UP, but not enough to seriously injure her as a punch would.
    “Awesome!” Instead of panicking Yang cries in delight as she’s tossed five yards in the air.
    As she spin into the air your Anima flares: the Dragon coils as you legs bend and straighten, pushing you to meet her.

“That’s a real Dragon!” You hear Ruby screams in delight.

Yang is no damsel however, so even airborne and eyes widen in surprise her fists burn brightly with unmatched ferocity. You block a fearsome hook with both hands and a jab that nearly pushes you away.

“This is amazing! I was never pushed so far before!”

“Oh? This is still nothing!” Both you and your dragon grin.

Once more you twist just so: centrifugal force is diverted and applied, your right clawed hands finding purchase into the folds of her gauntlet and spinning yourself to face her back and lock her upside down with your hands firmly around her waist.

You’re oh-so-very tempted to rise or lower them a little bit. ‘I mean: wow, this is one toned body! I bet she’s very firm and supple....Nononono! I need to concentrate!’

[It’s better you do.]

“Omote Renge (Front Lotus)!!!”

As the dragon coils around her magnificent body, the wings covering the two of you from view, you remember this move is supposed to be lethal and reposition her half a second before you both meet the ground.

When the Dragon temporarily fades from view, instead of a piledriver you’re holding her on your arms in a princess carry.

As the others stare in disbelief at the stunt you just pulled off you bow to them as if you just finished a performance, Yang still in your arms. You need to lower them to avoid burying your face in her breasts.

Damn. Your self-control is falling! It’s falling hard!

“How was that?” You ask the still shocked Yang.

In her defense she recovers quickly and grin. “Satisfying.”

“Only satis-“

That’s when her left elbow slams in your face. Quickly letting go of her you do a backward somersault as she performs a series of quick kicks. She steps forward, fist spinning and releasing a bone-rattling uppercut that you parry with both gauntlets.

And then all you see are flames and force.

“Yang!” Ruby exclaims horrified as the place where you are standing is obscured in smoke.

“Don’t worry,-“ Yang waves her off. “I held...back...”

The words die in her mouth as you step outside the smoke perfectly fine, clothes not even singed.
    “If that was you holding back I can’t wait to see your full power in action Yang-san.” You remove imaginary dust from your arms. “Though, I advise against repeating the recent performance in the future.”

You point behind her. As she follows your finger she pales as, behind Asia who is sighing in relief, Mittelt is holding up an enormous hammer made of light the size of three full grown men, eyes alight with fury and steam escaping from her pretty nostrils.

“Mittelt takes my wellbeing very seriously.” You stress the words.

“Uuh...Sorry?” The blonde asks meekly as she claps her hands.

There are a few moments of tense silence before Mittelt dispels the hammer.

“Ara? Something happened?” Asia asks innocently, looking around in confusion. Bless her soul, she missed the whole thing.

“Nothing, nothing.” You answer her before turning to Yang and flexing your fingers, a confident grin on your face. “Ready to round two?”

Her cocky grin returns twofold. You could almost swear her violet eyes turned red for an instant. “It’s refreshing letting loose my powers like this. I couldn’t use them on normal people, so I only had Ruby as a sparring partner.”

“That’s understandable. But let assured: Yang-san, Ruby-san-“ Your Anima flares, its golden like surrounding you like the power of a Super Sayan. “The Supernatural World, it’s full of strong and outrageous people!”

“Ohh!” An aura of fire surrounds Yang. “I can’t wait to meet them!”

[] Choose Issei’s Next Action
    ----
    ----

Remember to click on the post's Title before reading.

25. Fellgar

Fellgar Connoisseur.

Okay, I think its about time we started leading into the snake quest line now that we have finished with the obligatory fight scene.

26. Walkir

Walkir Super Happy Awesome Fun Time On Vacation

Now you say that... ;)

27. Silversun17

Silversun17 Connoisseur.

Okay, I think yang rips off our shirt as part of one of our stunts this round

Yang wants another round.

Trooper1021 likes this.
  28. Walkir

Walkir Super Happy Awesome Fun Time On Vacation

Time for ripped shirt Kirk Issei? *g*

29. Mu-Sensei

Mu-Sensei No Work, No Life.

Yang (and any other girls) can have as many rounds as they want. :))

Prince Charon likes this.
  30. Gnarker

When we take off our damaged shirt, we need to say something along the lines of 'You're enjoying this way too much, aren't you?' or 'Now you're doing it on purpose!'.