1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

I will become God-Harem King of the World! [Highschool DxD/Exalted] (CLOSED)

Discussion in 'Questing' started by Alexander, Jan 23, 2014.

1. megrisvernin

megrisvernin Connoisseur.

I don't like perverted protagonists in general(especially male since they tend to have a lot of mary sue qualities). I will admit that this quest's Issei is growing on me, especially given how he's actually been quite heroic in a few scenes. I loved that Alexander ended up using part of my Omake in the update. It's always great when a moment of fridge brilliance helps you to realize how to work your way around romantic hijinks & you can have a protagonist decide to help people for nonlustful reasons. Does canon Issei have strong character traits or at least develop them? Basically he gains a reason why the women in show flock to him rather than author fiat.

If so I might consider watch DxD.

If I have the time I might try to do an analysis of Issei's harem goal progress. With the last update we've snagged Mittelt & Asia is close behind. Yang wants a taste & Ruby is loyal & committed to use, if too naive & a bit innocent to be attracted to us. Yet.

2. nightblade

nightblade Gone for Good

He's a really nice guy.

3. kinglugia

kinglugia A Randy Avian

So are the other Harem protagonists. Your point?
    Please note that when I meant other Harem protagonists, I meant it as generic Harem protagonists.

4. nightblade

nightblade Gone for Good

I mean a really nice guy. As in he goes out of his way to help people even if he doesn't need to. Like he woke Rias's cousins mom out of a coma that she had been in for years.

5. touhou ranfuku

touhou ranfuku Versed in the lewd.

No, don't do that. Go read the manga, then light novel, the anime is an extra piece of already good food, but if you go watch the anime first it would ruin the impression you get from the series.
    There's a different about Issei: He wants a harem, yes, he wants a harem in his mind and he's working to do it. Even though Issei gets cockblocked by the editor, in vol 16 he's no longer nosebleed with the girls naked playing eroge with him. In vol 17 he baths with them and enjoys the scene, no more nosebleed. He also learned to manage his harem in vol 14.

Akuma-Heika likes this.
  6. Brandark

Brandark Not too sore, are you?

While Issei went through a lot for the girls , like resolving Rias' marriage issues , sorting out Akeno's problems with her father , rescuing Asia from Raynare and co. and so on , I must admit that I felt some degree of authorial fiat in the series .

Almost all the romance in the series felt a bit jarring . With no build-up whatsoever,they jumped out like wild pokemon out of tall grass .

Issei's over the top pervertedness , funny at the beginning , started to grate after a while . And it was totally played for laughs in the novel , ignoring the creepy factor almost completely .

All in all , I find this quest's Issei much more likeable than the canon one . He does have things other than oppai in his mind and is much calmer , with his heroic qualities shining through more often .

Akuma-Heika likes this.
  7. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

Canon Issei does get character development, it just happens pretty slowly because Ishibumi is trying to drag it out over the course of the series. Like, pretty early into the books Issei gets asked "Okay, so you want a harem. What are you going to do with all that power once you have it?" and Issei needs to stop and think about it. He winds up being something of a demonic sentai hero with a huge fanbase among the kids, just for starters.

While I did feel that there was a little authorial fiat every now and then, generally Issei earns the affection of his girls. He punched out Raiser and saved Rias from a loveless marriage, he helped Akeno resolve her familial issues and helped Koneko come to terms with her sister and herself. He is a bro to Kiba and a mentor to Gasper, and the whole time that he's hanging around with the Occult Club he's demonstrating courage and honor and compassion on a daily basis, so it's not hard for me to imagine that so many girls could fall for him under those conditions even taking his quirks into account.

The problem with authorial fiat is mostly with Xenovia, Rossweiss, and Ravel. The first two have very little characterization in general and Ravel apparently started crushing on Issei after he beats the shit out of Raiser, which is a lousy reason to my thinking, so this is at least as much a problem with the characterization of the other girls as it is with Issei. But I think this is mainly an issue with Ishibumi not thinking far enough ahead with his story and then having empty spaces that need to be filled in Rias's peerage.

8. iamnuff

iamnuff Connoisseur.

I was trying to read the novels on Baka, but the writing style is so freaking bland.

I know it's probably a translation issue, but it's things like not having any description of who's talking, or what's happening.

sometimes you get sound-effects with no explanation of what caused them.

I think I got to book 4, the vampire part, then i stopped.

9. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

That's perfectly understandable. Unfortunately the manga hasn't gotten much further than volume 4 so you'll have to suffer through the translation if you want to know what happens later. There's always the chance that we'll get a third season, but most likely not a fourth or fifth.

10. iamnuff

iamnuff Connoisseur.

Didn't Rias start flirting with him BEFORE raiser showed up?

I know devils don't have many inhibitions, so sure, i can see her getting naked around someone like it's not a big deal, but she seems to humour his "oppai-brain" like it doesn't bother her at all. I guess i should just chalk it up to her non-human mindset.

perhaps she finds it endearing?

also, the nosebleed thing pisses me off.

I get that they can't show him popping wood or whatever, but not being able to be around a girl without randomly shooting blood out of your orifices seems a little random.

11. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

She was fond of him and his enthusiasm and right before the rating game she was willing to give Issei her virginity to try to make herself less appealing to Raiser, but I don't think she'd really fallen for him until he did something to prove that he saw her as more than just a nice pair of tits.

As for the naked in bed thing, Rias just doesn't seem to have much in the way of a nudity taboo. She also does social bathing with Sona and Tsubaki in season 2 while discussing the peace conference, so it's not just something that Issei gets subjected to.

12. iamnuff

iamnuff Connoisseur.

eh, girls bathing together is a Japanese thing, not a devil thing.

but yeah, i guess you're right.

13. Brandark

Brandark Not too sore, are you?

Yeah , bland writing style is bland . I think the majority of the fault lies at Ishibumi's feet , though . The sound effects are annoying and unnecessary more often than not . Still , if you manage to slog through the earlier volumes , the writing quality improves quite a bit from volume 10 onwards .

14. iamnuff

iamnuff Connoisseur.

well, i remember reading Oda nobuna no yabou, and that had the same problem.

it's all "tell" and no show, which doesn't really work in text format.

I think i gave that up before reaching the end too, actually.

edit: don't think the TOC has been updated in a while

15. Threadmarks: Training Days II: A Not So Peaceful Month (Part 6)
    Alexander

Alexander That is not dead which can eternal lie

Day 2

[Red like Roses] Sidequest: Completed!
    -You receive: 4 Xp!

Evil Pieces
    -Progress: 10.11/100%

----

'Dear grandfather in Heaven, or the Japanese equivalent since there is more than one-'

“Hora Hora!”

SNAP!

'Be happy and proud of me, because I have finally became a man!'

Despite sweating profusely and with all your muscles screaming in protest, you can’t help but feel giddy.

'Yes, I lost my virginity! It was taken by a cute loli who is currently snapping a whip in the air while shouting an erotic (for me) mantra!'

[That’s pathetic and you should be ashamed of it.] Ddraig comments, but by his tone you can tell he finds the entire situation funny as hell. Somehow you got used to this snarky dragon of yours.

'Bah! You’re just jealous you missed it.' And thanks Heaven he did. Your first time was awkward enough on his own, you didn’t need an audience on top of that.

[Who said I missed it?] Ddraig says, and you freeze in shock.

'...Since when?' You ask with dread.

[Since the moment the girl jumped on top of you. Her squeals were loud enough to wake me up.] Ddraig snickers loudly. [So: congratulations partner. Some of Boosted Gear’s past possessors had harems of their owns, but no one started as fast as you.]

Your sempai had harems?! Such great sempai you had! 'And...what about Bright?'

[I tried calling her out of her lair, but she said that watching "two animals rutting" was not of her interest.]

'That bitch!!'

SNAP!

“What’s wrong Issei-sama? Keep going: you still have five kilometres to cover.” Mittelt urges you with a grin.

“Yes Mittelt-chan.” You answer before you resume dragging the boulder she is sitting on.

At this point an explanation is in order: after the night when you had (real) sex with a (real) girl you and Mittelt woke up in each other arms. After a bit of lovey-dovey time (and isn’t it magnificent that you can finally experience something like that?) you asked her to help with your new training regime, one that according to Bright should also double as a source of [Solar Potential].

And that’s why right now you, in the hours before school, are marching around the neighbour block with arms and legs connected by ropes to a two hundred kilos heavy boulder with Mittelt sitting on top, each movements of arms and legs requiring you to drag it forward. In a way this is torture: self-inflicted yes, but still torture.

“Oh my! Good morning Ise-kun.” A cheerful voice you recognize greet you. You look behind and meet the happy smile of Rias Gremory, who is riding a bicycle in a red jersey.

Next to her Raynare, Dohnaseek and Kalawarner, who are wearing jerseys too, are...running rather miserably. It’s clear they are losing breath.

“Good morning Bucho.” You answer back, knowing she like the title better than ‘sempai’. Mittelt waves her hand. “Are you training too?”

Dohnaseek makes a strangled noise that you are sure was meant to be an insult.

“Yes: those three, minus Raynare, have some experience but are still weak. So every morning I’m making them run for 20km, followed by 100 laps of dashes and various muscle trainings.”

“The sun is killing me...” Kalawarner wheezes.

That’s right: devils are creatures of the night, they get weaker under the sunlight (basically your opposite). If one is strong enough it stops being a problem, but for them who are new-born devils must be a real bother.

“I want to train with One-sama...” Raynare laments.

Seriously, what’s up with her ‘Big Sister’ fixation? What happened when you weren’t there? That’s an interesting mystery.

“That’s good.” You reply. “I have also decided to start doing 20 km every day. Only with that included.” You point at the boulder.

“That’s...impressive.” Rias's eyes widen slightly. “Can I ask why you are pushing yourself so hard? Do you have an objective that you want to reach so badly?”

“Yes.” A harem of course, but also to be a Hero, making a lot of people happy, etc. “But I also need strength, and I need it fast. I am a Longinus possessor, and once word spreads around...nobody will be able to ignore me.”

“Ah.” Rias nods in understanding.

“Plus, Boosted Gear’s story is wrought in ruin and destruction. Call it a whim, but I want to change it by using it for good deeds.”

[Awww, that’s so sweet. Do you like me so much?]

'Shut up. That’s creepy.'

{Don’t forget conquering the world for the glory of the Solar Exalts and the Unconquered Sun.} Bright adds.

Again with the plans of world-domination? You aren’t a villain!

Mittelt consults her watch. “At this pace we’re gonna be late.” She smiles mischievously before leaning forward into your ear and whispering. “Issei-sama? If you finish early we can take a shower. To-ge-the-r~!
    “SorryWeAreLateSeeYouAtSchoolBye!!!” You yell before dashing forward with newfound speed, leaving the group of devils behind.

Dohnaseek’s eyebrow twitches. “She did?”

Kalawarner nods. “She did.”

“Damn that kid.” The middle-aged male growls. “I need it too. I’m gonna seduce the history teacher. I’m gonna do it for real!”

“Milf-lover.”

“Still better than enjoying it when people order you around like a servant.”

Sparks start appearing between the two adult-looking devils. Meanwhile, the two long-haired girls tilt their heads in confusion.
    ----

Elsewhere

The blond-haired boy nocks the arrow in the bow, aims and releases.

BOOM!

“Target: hit.” Kiba muses. “But this with a stationary one from ten meters. I am not going to become a sniper.”

He crouches down next to the various Demonic Swords planted in the ground. “Creating them with the new method takes more time, but this way they are stronger and more durable. How do I take advantage of it?”

An idea pops up in his mind. “Am I limited to my hands when I project my swords?”

----

Elsewhere

Bam! Bam! Bam

The white-haired girl keeps hitting the mannequin. With a final vicious kick she shatters it into splinters.

Koneko stares at it. “...I’m not gonna lose to him.”

“...But the Rook Piece has limits.”

Koneko tilts her head. She frowns before reluctantly putting a hand over her head. “...Taking advantage?”

She takes out her iPhone and starts a quick research. She reads the first results. “...Wing Chun? Brazilian Ju Jitsu?”

----

Else-We got it

The raven long haired girl points a hand at the old tree. Sparks gather around her arm before she fires a lightning bolt.

BOOM!

The tree explodes before starting to burn.

“Ara ara.” Akeno puts a hand over her cheek. “I trained years to reach this level, but Ise-kun will probably reach it in weeks. The student is surpassing the teacher. I’m proud, but also a little sad.”

“Who would have thought that one of the school’s supposed ‘Greatest Perverts’ has such an intense drive?”

“It makes me want to try even harder.” Akeno rolls the sleeves of her miko outfit. “It’s clear I was too focused on the Bishop aspect of the Queen, neglecting the Rook and Knight. Let’s remedy that.”

----

“A leader is a man who had the ability to get other people to do what they don't want to do, and like it.”
    - Harry Truman

----

“Listen well partner.” Ddraig says to you in your mindscape. “You learned your own version of Dragon Shot, and also understood by yourself how to use fire. But, a real dragon’s flames are way stronger than that. Sadly, to learn how to create them you need to experience them first-hand in reality. This place can’t convey the sheer ‘weight’ of their existence.”

“So what?” You ask. “Do I need to find a dragon and convince him to teach me?”

“Yeah. But a normal dragon will not suffice. You will need at least a Dragon King's or Sacred Dragon’s class dragon.”

“The Five, previously Six, Great Dragon Kings:-“ You automatically start reciting. “Tiamat, Yu-Long, Vritra, Midgardsormr, and Fafnir. Tannin was also a Dragon King but lost his position after joining the Devil Faction and becoming a Devil himself. The Sacred Dragons: the most calm and wise of all dragons, whose interests align with the gods of their mythologies. The stronger Sacred Dragon is Huang Long, also known as the Zodiac Dragon.”

“...That’s correct.” Ddraig sounds impressed. “Just how did-wait, I don’t want to know, do I?”

You shake your head. “Unless you want to hear more of Bright’s outrageous lines?”

“I pass.” He clicks his tongue. “Anyway, you need to contact one of them. Tough luck. In the meantime I will teach you easier techniques. You must choose which to learn first.”

“The first is how to use your energy to replicate the presence of a dragon’s scales on your body. Very few materials are on par with the scales of a Dragon. With it your ability to soak damage will increase immensely. However, since it’s an imitation it’s not as powerful as the real thing.”

“The second is the technique dragons use when they want to move faster, called [Whirlwind Sprint]. It’s actually a move created by Eastern dragons who are famous for their control over the elements. The execution is simple: it involves manipulating the wind to propel you forward. Moving straight ahead or backwards is simple, but curving is tricky.”

“The third and final one. Dragons have different elemental affinities, but all of them are very resistant to fire. This is similar to dragon scales, except it makes you impervious to flames. Only to flames however, and sufficiently powerful ones will still be able to hurt you.”

[] Dragon Scales
    [] Whirlwind Sprint
    [] Fire Resistance

“Before we begin your training there is another thing I need to tell you.” Ddraig says with a serious tone. “It concerns the other power of Boosted Gear.”

“Boosted Gear’s other power?” You blink. “It is capable of more than [Boost]?”

“Yes, the other power that was my exclusive domain: [Transfer]. With it you can transfer to other people or objects the power you boosted, strengthening them as a whole or only certain parts.”

You perk up. “Can I make my allies stronger with it?”

“Yes. However it has many more applications: [Boost] and [Transfer] are conceptual, use your head and find new ways to implement them. Anyway like [Boost], [Transfer] was also changed by your Exaltation. What it does now is...”

[] Decide how [Transfer] works now. (write-in)
    [] I decide it myself.

----

We reach here an important part of this story. This is what gave me the idea:

https://www.fanfiction.net/topic/88086/102807676/4/Highschool-DxD-Idea-Generation-and-Discusssion

Thank you Touhou Ranfuku for bringing it to my attention.

The choice this time is obviously how to translate the [Transfer] power to Exalted’s mechanisms.

However, it also reveals an important detail: Boosted Gear is a weapon that evolve.

It doesn’t only gain new configurations (like a second Gauntlet), but it’s also possible to create new Charms.

This is my take of the yet-to-be-released Evocation-type Artifact. Just like in the Nasuverse, you have a Concept and use it to gain abilities tied to it.

In your case you have “Boost (Double)” and “Transfer”. Those are the two concepts that form the core of Ddraig and Boosted Gear.

From now you can propose possible modifications to Boosted Gear and new Charms. I will approve them if acceptable and tell you how to obtain them In-Game. Those Charms can also be expansions of already existing Charms.

16. Eler0

Eler0 Versed in the lewd.

Rias' Peerage is getting an upgrade because they've seen how much stronger we became? Cool.

Really? I thought it was just romantic love.

[X] Whirlwind Sprint
    We already have a perfect soak, and fire is a bit too specific. We could really use some mobility to get into punching range.

17. Silversun17

Silversun17 Connoisseur.

Raiser is going to be in for a nasty surprise.

[X] Whirlwind Sprint

18. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

[X] WULD NAH KEST
    [X] I decide it myself.

Corvus 501, Fyre, Mastert3318 and 4 others like this.
  19. John At Dawn

John At Dawn Seeker of Answers

I laughed way too hard at that.

[X] I decide it myself.
    [X] Whirlwind Sprint

Gotta. Go. Fast.

20. Silversun17

Silversun17 Connoisseur.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTHsOSGJHN0

21. Malcolmo

Malcolmo Insert custom title here

[X] Whirlwind Sprint
    [X] I decide it myself.

22. iamnuff

iamnuff Connoisseur.

being fireproof would surprise him more.

he is a phoenix, after all.

not many other people use it, IIRC though.

23. Silversun17

Silversun17 Connoisseur.

I was talking about Rais's peerage.

24. iamnuff

iamnuff Connoisseur.

true dat, everybody is kung-fu-fighting

Ainkrad likes this.
  25. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

And just like that, we've got our hook to recruit the Gremory peerage into our harem. Show them what Celestial Martial Arts can do.

Ainkrad likes this.
  26. megrisvernin

megrisvernin Connoisseur.

[X] I decide it myself.
    [X] Whirlwind Sprint

27. Carrnage

Carrnage Well worn.

Hmm for [Transfer] possibly just allowing us to give others motes of Solar/Draconic essence that will allow them to temporarily buff themselves and their abilities (most importantly sacred gears), with possible longterm positive side-effects from repeated exposure.

28. Larekko12

Larekko12 Connoisseur.

[X]Whirlwind sprint.
    [X]Transfer: Two Mode Exalted Mode, Emulation Mode. In Exalted Mode we donate X amount of Motes from our Overdrive pool to another being with out own limits. We can remotely spend it to create a boost otherwise they can use it at their discretion. If the subject can't use essence the experience can work as training with a difficulty to be determined by the GM. In Emulation Mode Provides the mote equivalent of the recipents native power source?

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
  29. nightblade

nightblade Gone for Good

[X] I decide it myself.
    [X] Whirlwind Sprint

30. EternitynChaos

EternitynChaos Once there was a Maiden...

[X] I decide it myself.
    [X] Dragon Scales

as much as I would like to pick the goes fast move, I'm unsure how long we have until we fight Asshat, I mean Raiser, and I'd really really like to be able to laugh in the face of his fire, that would just make my day

Edited : Changed as the GM has said Fire Resistance wouldn't no sell Raiser... oh well, we still have PD charms to make it look like we can no sell his fire, thats something at least