1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

I will become God-Harem King of the World! [Highschool DxD/Exalted] (CLOSED)

Discussion in 'Questing' started by Alexander, Jan 23, 2014.

1. touhou ranfuku

touhou ranfuku Versed in the lewd.

Well, if you want to be with Rias, either make her Rook mutated by whatever we have (We can get Rossweisse later, it's easy to get a Valkyrie who wants a job with reasonable salary each month). Or signing the magician contract with her after becoming powerful enough.

2. EternitynChaos

EternitynChaos Once there was a Maiden...

hrrrm, from memory have we not already signed a contract as a magician some time ago? I believe thats were we got our Backing (Gremory Clan) from

3. Bloodshifter

Bloodshifter The Bio-Armor Lover

Its Provisional and we can cancel it.

4. Lon

Lon Well worn.

That would be kind of silly though since we want to add Rias to the harem.... Right?

5. ReinZero

ReinZero QQ voters, geniuses at opposing their own goals.

Depends actually. It would be... awkward if we're taking her into ours. So before then... unless something comes up or weighs enough to break it off before that point... I would agree. After such? Not so much.

6. megrisvernin

megrisvernin Connoisseur.

I'm not interested in becoming a devil. But since the rest of her peerage is improving their skills, it just seemed like a great way to motivate her to up her own skills. As the knowledge isn't available IC, well, it's a moot point.

Rias being our lover is one of my goals. I'm not opposed to having her maintain her control over her peerage. Infact if we do manage to make our own equivalent of the Devil Peerage system we could approach her as two lovers of "equal rank" that is leaders of their own groups. I think she would accept that eventually, although it might be a tough sell. If as we make our own version of the pawn system we "discover" IC that we're too strong to become a member of her Peerage(without Glorious Solar Bullshit meddling(probably with assistance from Bright) it would be a way for her to start seeing us an equal & a lover, rather than a servant since our level of power negates that role.

Not to say we couldn't find a way, but IC I'd think Rias would accept it if there was no easy conventional way to add us.

7. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

Absolutely.

Like I said, with the kind of influence we're having on her peerage we could seduce all of them in one fell swoop just by showing off Celestial Martial Arts and then demonstrating that we can give them the ability to use these powers. Rias wouldn't benefit quite as much from Crane Style as Asia would, but it would still be really damn useful for her.

8. John At Dawn

John At Dawn Seeker of Answers

...You, know, it's kind of sad how the reason it's so easy is because all of them have really traumatizing pasts.

Actually, that's something I'd like to do better than canon. When Ise 'died' in canon, everyone pretty much shut down because they had become emotionally dependent on him, right? Can we do something to encourage that not happening?

Also, just finished volume 6 last night. Still want to violently murder Diodora.

9. Alexander

Alexander That is not dead which can eternal lie

As I write the next post, I show you this:

This is the part when affecting living beings. Now to write decide the one for objects.

TheWave and Sol Mark-1 like this.
  10. touhou ranfuku

touhou ranfuku Versed in the lewd.

[You-]

[Made the wrong choice.]

Sol Mark-1 likes this.
  11. megrisvernin

megrisvernin Connoisseur.

Well by improving their combat capability we do make them less dependent on us.

12. John At Dawn

John At Dawn Seeker of Answers

Jesus Christ that was awesome.

13. Threadmarks: Training Days II: A Not So Peaceful Month (Part 7)
    Alexander

Alexander That is not dead which can eternal lie

[Boost!]

[Burst!]

"Uhmm..." With Boosted Gear having reached the limits of motes it can hold you consider how to approach the problem.

Your Longinus, beside [Boost], can also use [Transfer] to give the increased power to someone else. However, according to Ddraig and later Bright your Exaltation brought some changes to the process: the basic principles, empowering the target, is still the same but now the details are unclear even to your mentors.

It's still a great power that will aid you magnificently when protecting your allies, but it's pretty useless if you don't know exactly how it work.

"Mittelt-chan?" You call to your lover. "Can you come here?"

The blonde girl stops swinging the light staff into the kata of Ivory Pestle and walks towards you. "What is it Issei-sama?"

You tap the gem over your left hand. "Ddraig told me of another ability of Boosted Gear. With it I can transfer part of the accumulated Essence to someone else. Do you mind if I try it on you?"

"Not at all." Mittelt smiles. "Go on."

"Alright. Boosted Gear Prominence!" You delicately tap Mittelt's forehead with a finger.

[Transfer!]
    "Uhiiii!!" Mittelt jumps in the air as a golden aura briefly envelops her. An healthy flush appears on her cheeks.

"Is everything alright?" You ask concerned. "Does it hurt?"

"No." She licks her lips. "It's like a strong spicy taste: intense, but it doesn't hurt. It..."

Wordlessly she materializes a light staff and starts doing kata again, but at twice the speed. Suddenly she sprints forward, still doing kata.

Before crashing on the wall she jumps and starts running on it. Reaching the ceiling she jumps backward, spinning, and lands in perfect equilibrium on the staff with the tips of her toes.

"...What did I just do?" She asks in awe.

"Being awesome?" You ask with a chuckle. "Did you use Essence during it?"

"Yes. It was like..." She looks at her hands. "It's like I suddenly felt inspired, like I suddenly knew how to do something crazy and do it perfectly."

"Yes Essence does that." You start taking notes. "And the inspiration...sounds like a Charm."

You learned some automatically at the moment of your Exaltation, so it's not so farfetched. You need more data.

"Asia?"

That day the young nun prepared for dinner, alone, a feast worthy of the emperor.

----

'Tell me again why I need to do this.' You ask Bright as you balance the enormous pile of books on your arms.

{Investigation is a fundamental Ability for any self-respecting Twilight.} The God-Queen explains. {You aren't one of course. To change it you need to learn Investigation.}

You are sure there is something screwed in her logic, but for the love of God you can't figure out where.

{Let's take an example: your study of the Evil pieces. Up until now you rely on the power of your Anima to gain insight, but it's too limiting and slow. With Investigation you will not only capable of collecting information faster, but also to understand it better.}

'Well, why didn't you say from the start?' You comment as you sit down on a table and look at the cover page of one of the books.

Blackthorn Winter

Though, you aren't sure how reading mystery novels and trying to resolve the mystery before it happens in the book is a valid training method.

----

"You want me to teach you how to use a sword?" Kiba asks again, as if he wants to be absolutely sure.

"Yes. However not the normal way. You see, the harder the training, the faster I learn. That's why Asia is here." You point to the girl, who waves back awkwardly. "For the next two hours I want you to seriously fight me, like I am an enemy that you need to eliminate. Asia's task is to heal me in the case I can't move anymore so I can keep going."

Kiba's right eyebrow joins the hairline. "You do realize that, even if we use wooden swords, you're essentially asking me to viciously beat you?"

"Me! Me!" Dohnaseek jumps out f nowhere with an eager expression. "If you don't want I will do it!"

"Are you a swordsman?" You question.

"I will become one if it's what it takes!"

"Yeah, no. Mittelt."

She tosses the male fallen angel outside.

"So?" You ask Kiba.

"Alright." He sighs before whispering. "Just tell me one thing: how is the thing about Mil-tan going?"

"Great." You whisper back. "I mean I am not still at a level when I can start experimenting, but I have more than one possible solution that's guaranteed to work."

"You sure?"

"I'm sure."

"Good. Because we will need one. He forced me to meet his friends." He shudders. "They're like him."

"I know." Your gaze becomes hollow. "He forced me too."

Both of you use each other as support as your heads hang down, a dark cloud of misery hovering over you.

"Let's start." Kiba says after the cloud of depression. He take two wooden swords for a rack and holds out one. "Here."

"Do you have a bigger one?"

Kiba's eyebrow starts twitching violently. "I will assume there is a reason. Why is that?"

You shrug. "Bright-sensei said that I need to get used to fight with an Exalt's standard type of sword: a Daiklave."

"What is a Daiklave?"

"It's a sword with a blade the dimensions of a surf table. Over four feet long and six or more inches wide." You do a quick count. "More or less."

"...You know what? Sure." Kiba answers in a deadpan. A wooden double-edge sword the size of a Daiklave appears on the ground in front of you. "If you really manage to use a real one and be good at it, I'm going to eat Dohnaseek's hat with ketchup."

You grin as you lift the blade without problems and mirror Kiba's stance. "Is that a challenge?"

"Because I like challenges."

----
    ----

Time-Skip to Saturday (Day 2 is Tuesday). Decide what to do in the weekend:

[] Investigate the Snake Gang. Possibly make an outing of it with Yang and Ruby if they seem competent enough to handle themselves in a fight.
    [] Check in with Tomofuri and see how the shrine is going. Maybe look into the basics of manse construction and see if there's anything we can do with our current skills.
    [] Write-in.

14. Mu-Sensei

Mu-Sensei No Work, No Life.

[X] Investigate the Snake Gang. Possibly make an outing of it with Yang and Ruby if they seem competent enough to handle themselves in a fight.
    -[X] Boost both beforehand, just in case.
    -[X] Also, try your atifact making skills, make a couple of domino masks that prevent people from commiting your faces to memory, and if it works gift it to Ruby and Yang, them Asia and Mittelt. We have to start small, so that one day we can make our Glorious Solar Pieces or whatever we choose to name it...¹

¹Sounds like something a manga Fan would try.

15. Malcolmo

Malcolmo Insert custom title here

[X] Investigate the Snake Gang. Possibly make an outing of it with Yang and Ruby if they seem competent enough to handle themselves in a fight.

16. BFldyq

BFldyq It's pronounced Be-Fled-Ick

[X] Check in with Tomofuri and see how the shrine is going. Maybe look into the basics of manse construction and see if there's anything we can do with our current skills.

Want a bit more training for Yang and Ruby. Plus, it's polite check in with your allies.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
  17. jes

jes Making the rounds.

18. Silversun17

Silversun17 Connoisseur.

[X] Check in with Tomofuri and see how the shrine is going. Maybe look into the basics of manse construction and see if there's anything we can do with our current skills.

19. Megaolix

Megaolix Moderator

Whoa, Mu-Sensei! Investigating, not going in the area and starting to bust heads left and right!

I'll agree about waiting for the girls to have more training first.

20. EternitynChaos

EternitynChaos Once there was a Maiden...

we have months before the whole Snake thing runs out of time, no need to rush into things half trained

21. Eler0

Eler0 Versed in the lewd.

22. Mu-Sensei

You're implying that Ruby and Yang would keep from busting said heads open when they see civilians being bullied? I just though precautions were in order, as I doubt the gang members are sensible persons who would listen to reason.

In fact, I consider Sousuke's (Sagara, from FMP) method the best way to deal with them. Namely scare the shit out of them and call it diplomacy, or bring in the SUPERIOR FIREPOWER (Yes, it deserves capitals)!

23. Brandark

Brandark Not too sore, are you?

24. Deathwings

Deathwings Questionable French Guy

25. Mu-Sensei

Also...
    Makes sense, which is why I suggested boosting them. Not only our boosts would make up to their lack of experience, but they'd also improve their capabilities to LEARN, just like when we stunted MA into existence (http://questionablequesting.com/index.php?topic=408.msg62223#msg62223)...

So we do get better by being awesome.

26. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

That depends on the kind of gang we're dealing with. Based on what we heard at the time, the guys who were picking on civvies were rogues who weren't following their boss's directions. This implies a reasonable figure who gave that business an exception from whatever racket they were running. I want to know more before I make any conclusions, but I have to wonder if we might have run into traditionalist yakuza, the kind who make most of their money from legitimate businesses.

27. Mu-Sensei

Hmmm... Good point. Still, Making the masks is a good idea, as Ruby did said she wanted to be a hero. Its a nice, innocent gift that wouldn't get Yang on our heads, but its still a gift. We can make it and give them once we feel that they can hold themselves on a fight against normals...

I can see the headlines: Masked Avenger Duo arrests criminal [insert charges here]!!! Witnesses refuse to divulge their description other them being teenage girls!

We could even sell those later when we get our shop set!

28. Bloodshifter

Bloodshifter The Bio-Armor Lover

29. Fellgar

Fellgar Connoisseur.

30. iamnuff

iamnuff Connoisseur.

i think he means emotionally, not physically.