1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

I will become God-Harem King of the World! [Highschool DxD/Exalted] (CLOSED)

Discussion in 'Questing' started by Alexander, Jan 23, 2014.

1. megrisvernin

megrisvernin Connoisseur.

What?

I want to hide our identity & those of our group members. Something an enchanted mask(domino or not) can easily achieve for us.

Read my posts above if you want to know why I think keeping our identity secret is a good idea.

2. BFldyq

BFldyq It's pronounced Be-Fled-Ick

I mean, if we're using a magic item to obscure our features, why a mask? Why not a bracelet?

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
  3. megrisvernin

A sufficiently advanced magical device could I imagine, but it seems like having something which blurs your face(or makes people forget what you look like) near your face sounds like it would be easier to make. Besides we can easily take off he mask or raise it above our face to deactivate the effect.

I haven't see any evidence that we could make a Level 2 artifact with the same effect that's a bracelet. You'll need to speak to someone more in the known of exalted to comment on it.

4. iamnuff

iamnuff Connoisseur.

symbolism, probably.

5. megrisvernin

I suppose that's true as well.

6. iamnuff

iamnuff Connoisseur.

a magical item meant to disguise your features is probably more powerful if it actually hides your features by it's nature, not just it's magic.

also, like you said, proximity to the affected area (face)

7. Mu-Sensei

Mu-Sensei No Work, No Life.

This. People will look to our face to id us, automatically looking at hypnotic mask, and being suggested to forget us.

8. EternitynChaos

EternitynChaos Once there was a Maiden...

I'm not even sure why we are talking about this, its not like we have the resources or the time to make something like this at the moment, let alone more then one, it might be better to ask Rias or Akeno if they know something that could obscure our identity's and such

9. megrisvernin

We are a Twilight. This is within our skill range.

Hmmm. I'm rethinking this looking at the exalt wiki. Can someone confirm roughly how many weeks it might take to make an Artifact with two dots?

10. BFldyq

BFldyq It's pronounced Be-Fled-Ick

Well, Issei has the required Ability scores, so he'll be throwing 5 dice. Artifact 2 require's 30 accumulated success and has a difficulty of four. However, with Ice's help, that would probably drop to 15 accumulated successes required. Now, with 5 dice and a difficulty of four, he has a 24.18% chance of getting 1+ threshold successes. However, he also has the second crafting excellency, meaning he'll have 2 automatic successes. That raises the odds of getting threshold successes to 72.78%.

So, at minimum, assuming he got nothing but 10's on his dice, he'd get it done in two dice rolls. If we go with the minimum number of successes every time he succeeds, and he fails every four roll, we get 20 rolls.

Now, each roll for Artifact creation represents a season, which is composed of 3 months of 4 weeks each. So 24 to 240 weeks, which is 6 months to 5 years of work required to make an 2-dot Artifact.

Oh, and he would need resources 3 to get the materials, and a workshop that costs resources 4. Plus 2 exotic ingredients.

11. EternitynChaos

hmmm, from what the Oadenol's Codex says a 2 dot artefact needs the following

30 successes at a difficulty of 4, a minimum ability of 3, a 3 in resources background and 2 exoctic materials. not only that we have no workshop at present, the very least we need requires 3 resources to build and 2 to maintain. wee are looking at a month or two at the very least to make one thing, and thats not even taking into account the time needed to design it or gather the materials, not sure how often you make the rolls for successes but artifacts are not something you can bang out in an afternoon

12. EternitynChaos

and Siderealed /laugh

13. Mu-Sensei

Guys, We are not crafting a Exalted artifact. Much less one of two dots, this is much simpler, much more limited in function and form.

Just a always active spell built on top of a conditional one slapped into a mundane object.

This is more like a devil's magic circle barrier than an artifact and they are much faster, judging by the mass produced flyers they use to detect 'wishes'.

14. Bloodshifter

Bloodshifter The Bio-Armor Lover

Mu is right here. We are crafting DxD Artifact not Exalted not to mention the time frame for Exalted would get changed as we are compressing everything to only have Issei enchant a mask.

No Glorious Solar Crafting Bullshit required.

15. nightblade

nightblade Gone for Good

You know a mask may not work if people don't actually get a chance to look at our face when we fight them.

16. Brandark

Brandark Not too sore, are you?

This whole enchanted domino mask thing sounds needlessly complex .

If we just wanted to cover our features then a plain mask that covers our face or a long hood will do just fine . Worrying about people ID-ing Yang by her hair colour is a bit excessive . Blond hair colour is rare , but not that rare that people can zero in on a single person in a medium sized town .

Somebody mentioned Asia and Mittelt . Why would they be present at our confrontation with the Snake gang ? It was supposed to be Yang and Ruby only . Besides , bringing Asia to the battlefield is a bad idea . We are facing vanilla humans here , they may have a nasty trick or two up their sleeves , but if we need Asia's healing that badly , then we are doing something wrong . As things stand , bringing her with us is an unnecessary risk .

Also , take into consideration that when Issei fought those thugs in the bar , he didn't have any kind of disguise on . They got a clear enough look so that if they want to ID us , they can do so without chasing after vague clues like our companion's hair colour . And this is without counting the barkeeper , bystanders who were present when we entered the bar , etc .

Issei does not seem like a person who would be taking such precautions , anyway . Suddenly spending time and resources to craft magical disguises to check out some human gang members is quite OOC .

Lastly , I don't think we have the time that would be needed to craft these things .

The idea does sound kind of cool , I admit , but we have our hands full at the moment . We have to grind for Raiser , play tutor for our companions and research the peerage system .

Alexander confirmed that the masks are Artefact 2 , and will need time and proper tools to craft . Perhaps we can save this for the next time we have slight breather , as opposed to now , when we have quite a few important tasks at hand that demand our attention ?

17. nightblade

nightblade Gone for Good

They live in japan. I'm pretty sure blonde hair is extremely rare there.

18. Mu-Sensei

Well, I'm less worried aboutthe Snakes, and more about Authorities. Being caught by Yakuza, we can afford to break their faces in until they understand messing with us and ours is a BAD idea. Cops, no, that would put us on the wrong side of the law. The masks are primary to prevent that.

My insistence at having them when we meet the snakes is that after the last commotion, unless the yaks have someone on police, there has to be someone investigating such acts of vandalism, and if they have, then these someone(s) looking for us.
    Lastly , I don't think we have the time that would be needed to craft these things .

Yes, he did. Just like when we asked what to do about Mil-tan using Solar side only and he explained the Solar requirements. I think its more because he saw you guys focusing on the exalted side. Even if I'm wrong (well, I'm but a fallible human), asking if its possible and how long it would take via DxD spells, which Akeno noted we learn like a sponge, wouldn't hurt.

19. Alexander

Alexander That is not dead which can eternal lie

Hi. I'm back. God my feets hurts so much. When you fail to use the metro properly this happens.

Exalted is awesome, but there is a reason Crafting is looked down in the official game or heavily houseruled. In this crossover, simply say there are things that the DxD side does better. What I suggest is that you find a balance. Reserve the Crafting to do the type of things that will make people say "You can do WHAT with WHAT HOW MANY TIMES?!?!"

There is a hidden reason behind my choice of making Issei a Twilight after all >:D. To those interested a good inspiration is the quest "Alchemical Solutions" on SB.

On another note, who have news of Pipeman? We confirmed he is alive and kicking, but I didn't see even a single post from him.

20. Fellgar

Fellgar Connoisseur.

He just posted something 5 minutes ago on the Brob is an elector count in warhammer fantasy thread.

Here is a link: http://forums.spacebattles.com/threads/warhammer-dynasty-x-this-time-its-not-personal.293954/page-36

21. Mu-Sensei

It is possible then? To do the masks via DxD magical circles?

Here I though that phrase would only come up concerning our harem and bed-related activities... ;)

22. Alexander

Alexander That is not dead which can eternal lie

I mean here on QQ.
    Ask Akeno ;). The answer anyway is yes, considering devils can change appearance at will a subtle effect like this is at the level of a trinket.

Issei is on for a wild ride 8). I mean literally: he got cockblocked so much in canon and fanfics that his karma is full of unresolved sexual tension.

And here he is an Exalted, so it actually double.

23. megrisvernin

That reassures me. I'm sure Bright will look at the trinket design & have something of her own to add...

24. Deathwings

Deathwings Questionable French Guy

I kind of want to rub just how how BAD the Exalted crafting system is compared to the HDxD one in Ice's face. Am I the only one ?

25. Larekko12

Larekko12 Connoisseur.

Why is it so bad? And will it stay that way?

I thought most of the skill levels with that sort of thing was relative to current knowledge base and production ability.

26. megrisvernin

A short-term part of me does want to humble the ever haughty & proud Bright. The long-term side knows this will blow up in her face.

But it's worth considering that while she is pretentious, Bright is not arrogant. It's not arrogance after all, if you have the skill & ability to back up all of your claims. And an experienced & focused Solar is a frightening capable force indeed. An entry I found on her claims that

So rubbing something in her face is...a mistake. Considering how quickly she reworked our Sacred gear to make it more powerful...she might actually be able to improve on the design a lot.

I'd phrase it more as

"Bright I'm looking to conceal my identity when investigating the Snakes, really just preventing myself from being recognized or described. The Devils seem to have a fairly simple artifact, more of a trinket really, that can achieve this effect. Do you know any ideas to improve on the design they have? Particularly ones that won't increase the construction time substantially?"

Bright does have our interests in mind, even it is only what she thinks we should be concerned about & she isn't telling us any of that. Framing it as a request for assistance will make her actually want to help us. Playing off that our current world has an accomplishment we find impressive will motivate her to find a way to improve upon it if only demonstrate Solar superiority. Lastly we're giving her a chance to slip in some effects that we might not otherwise agree too. I wouldn't be surprised if Bright slipped in a mild compulsion to view the wearer with awe or amazement & find arguments they make compelling. Basically helping people to understand the "righteousness" of a Solar Exalt & those who follow him.

Balancing reasons in all likelihood.

Corvus 501 and kuradora like this.
  27. Extras: Omake - 2
    ZipLopz

ZipLopz Know what you're doing yet?

Right, I'm bored and I need to warm up before continuing to write the next chapter for my FFN fic, which is late by many months...

So, here's that Assassination Classroom snip I was thinking about. It's written in the perspective of a certain pigtailed boy that holds a deceptive killing intent. >:D

)))))) Line Break ((((((

I, Nagisa Shiota, and my fellow classmates were were watching an unimaginable spectacle.

"NYYYYUUUUUUUUUAAAAAAAAAAAA!!! WHY AM I BEING CHAAAASSSSSSEEEEEEEDDDDDDDD!!!"

"GET BACK HERE AND FACE JUSTICE, YOU TENTACLED BASTAAAAAARRRRRRRDDDDDDD!!!"

My class, Class E (as in End, some of the other assholes people at Kunigigaoka Academy would joke) had been tasked with an impossible mission: to assassinate their extremely powerful tentacle monster teacher, who would destroy the world within a year if he (it?) was not stopped. To bring proof that their teacher (or 'Koro-sensei', as the class had named him) held the destructive power it would take to destroy the world, he had already blasted away a chunk of the moon, leaving it in a permanent crescent shape. Seriously, what the hell?!

There were several problems with the assassination attempts. One, Koro-sensei was too fucking fast could move at Mach 20. Thus, we had to rely on deception, traps, and the fact that our sensei's a huge fucking pervert our sensei's interest in the fairer sex.

Because our sensei wanted us to get a bit of fresh air compared to Asshole City Kunigigaoka Academy, he took all of us on a 'vacation' to Kuoh Academy. From what I'd heard, the school used to be an all-girls private school until a few years back. They eventually accepted boys in as well, but the boy-to-girl population ratio was still largely in the latter's favor.

Ah, it seems I went a little off topic...

Anyway, Koro-sensei had taken us on a tour of the school grounds and the various clubs with the permission of the principal. Every now and then, Ero-sensei Koro-sensei would ogle take notice of the female students. In my opinion, it was really fucking annoying a bit distracting while I tried to listen to the facts of the tour guide we'd been assigned (Sona Sitri, the school's Student Council President if I remember correctly).

As we'd been walking, a student now and then took notice of Koro-sensei's appearance but shrugged it off as a unique costume. Are the students of this school really that fucking moronic to see that they're moving?!

We found ourselves in front of an older facility of the school, apparently belonging to one Occult Research Club. Just how crazy diverse is this academy to have a club that studies that kind of supernatural stuff?

A brunette student (let it be said here, I am a heterosexual male and even I had to take notice that he was good looking) froze upon looking at Koro-sensei.

That was when things got absolutely bat-shit crazy weird.

The handsome boy's face contorted into something you'd see on a vengeance-driven madman and he began to glow gold. Some kind of vague halo or something appeared on his head and a dragon (!?) burst into existence behind him, along with an odd pair of red gauntlets on his arms.

He immediately lunged at Koro-sensei with a vicious roar, which actually frightened our nigh-invincible sensei. After he barely managed to dodge the multitude of destructive blows from the boy, he ran.

But then the boy ran after him. What we found both terrifying and awe-inspiring was, he could keep up.

And that was how we were in our current predicament.

"HOW ARE YOU KEEPING UP WITH MEEEEEEEEEEE?!"

"THERE WILL BE RETRIBUTION WHEN I GET MY HANDS ON YOUUUUUUUUU!!!"

Whatever it was Koro-sensei did to piss him off, I hope he doesn't get killed by the strange boy.

After all, assassinating Sensei is the job of Class E, the Assassination Classroom.

That, and I want to kill that 'nyurufufufu'ing bastard myself!

)))))) Line Break ((((((

And that's a cut. The slashed out parts are what you could call Nagisa's hidden wrath/aggression/killing intent that he probably keeps bottled up. After all, it's gotta come from somewhere, y'know?

As for why Issei was pissed... I've got nothing. I just wanted to write a chase between him and Koro-sensei. You can insert any number of reasons as to why Hyoudou was pissed. Please forgive that unexplainable thing. :-X

So, how was it?

28. Silversun17

Silversun17 Connoisseur.

ideas

- he's a creation style fae
    - Yozi affiliation
    - the blowing up of the moon screwed over Issei's plans for taking one of the girls on a date lite by the full moon.

Relyt33 likes this.
  29. Gnarker

Gnarker Versed in the lewd.

- He's apparently a tentacle monster. Those critters do have a certain reputation.

30. ZipLopz

ZipLopz Know what you're doing yet?

Sure, let's go with that one! ^-^