1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

I will become God-Harem King of the World! [Highschool DxD/Exalted] (CLOSED)

Discussion in 'Questing' started by Alexander, Jan 23, 2014.

1. EternitynChaos

EternitynChaos Once there was a Maiden...

from what I understand the Gremory family is perhaps the nicest family there is among the Devils, the only reason I can think that they even went along with the whole Rias/Raiser thing was politics, though I laugh myself sick somewhat with Raiser acting like a bigshot, when from what I can see he's the weaker party in the match, not only that but he had the gall to match his full peerage against Rias's incomplete one and think things fair /eyeroll I don't care if he imrpves later on, he's an ass and I for one hope we are strong enough when things come to a head to put him in traction, some rest and contemplation would do the boy good.

as an aside, it seems Power is the big things with Devils, which would explain why Raisers sister is/was so into Issei since he showed he was smart And powerful in how he defeated her brother, and rather romantic if you squint and ignore whats going out of his mouth /laugh

2. Brandark

Brandark Not too sore, are you?

Yeah , it really is the height of hypocrisy .

At least part of the prejudice is canon . Reincarnated devils hold a really low position in the hierarchy of Devil . And considering that Lord Gremory tried to force Rias into a marriage to get pureblooded heirs and the disdain Grayfia showed when she met Issei for the first time , we can conclude that the house of Gremory is somewhat prejudiced .

The resentment mainly comes from the older generation , so you can consider them a minority . But they still have a lot of influence on the devil society as a whole , nonetheless .

Hazardine likes this.
  3. touhou ranfuku

touhou ranfuku Versed in the lewd.

Raiser is just another Guiche, asshole at first, after eating our fists he becomes a nice/decent guy, well, he's a pervert so he wants Rias to be on his bed as soon as possible, if only he considers Rias feeling then they would be married for real, and Issei would get Akeno as main wife in canon, he still gets his harem later. Too bad Hero wants Red head.

For Ravel, it's not because of power, but the fact a low-life being like us revolted against the high-class, which she saw herself in it. You know that when Ravel matured she has to be married into a loveless marriage just like Rias, right?

4. nightblade

nightblade Gone for Good

Sirzech's doesn't want Rias to have an unhappy marriage. If he could he would probably stop her marriage with Raiser.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
  5. Megaolix

Megaolix Moderator

No need to go full steam ahead into the prejudice boat. After all, both families calmed down after Issei won.

I myself would like to think that Issei shouting that Raiser made Rias cry probably reached both heads and made them realize what they were doing.

6. touhou ranfuku

touhou ranfuku Versed in the lewd.

It's the greed of devils, they admitted it in the end of the battle, that even though both of them already have successors but still want more.

Still, who would want Rias to be exiled?

7. Brandark

I think Sirzechs is the odd man out , with respect to both his family and the entire devil society . He is a dreamer , and is farthest from the idea of a traditional Devil .

The dialogue between Cattleya Leviathan and Sirzechs in Volume 4 puts the clash of his dreams with the traditional values and goals of the old Devils very nicely into perspective .

8. EternitynChaos

EternitynChaos Once there was a Maiden...

not me for one, its stupid on there part, AND more importantly would make her cry, and thats not on *we don't need more Limit for crying out load /laugh*

9. Diller

Diller Versed in the lewd.

Politics are why he hasn't stopped it yet. The marriage is seen as good for the Devils and as a Yondai Maou he should not let perosnal feelings get i'the way of "what is good" for the Devils. The current Yondai gave up their heirships in order to become Maou so they could look to be impartial

……The higher-ups of the Devil’s side are in a stir due to his appearance.
    After all, there’s someone else besides Grayfia-san who is a survivor from the House of Lucifugus that directly served the former Lucifer.

I heard that Grayfia-san is currently being asked questions. ……It’s regarding about how Euclid is alive. So that must mean that the higher-ups are suspicious of Grayfia-san and thinks that she lied about his death.

……There’s no way that Sirzechs-sama will doubt Grayfia-san, however the higher-ups are different. They must be feeling uneasy so that’s why they are questioning Grayfia-san.

Vol 15 episode one Ise.

Sirzechs would never doubt Grayfua but the other higher ups don't trust her as much so he has to go along with this.

Sirzechs was looking for a way to stop the marriage without causing a political shitstorm like him doing so forcibly and personally would. Which is why he and Grayfia helped out Ise

“Lord Phoenix. I’m very sorry that this engagement turned out like this. I know it’s rude but this engagement—.”

“You don’t have to say any more, Lord Gremory. It was a good engagement for pure Devils, but it looks like we both had too much greed. Both of us already have pure Devil grandchildren. Maybe it’s the greed as Devils that made us crave for it. Or is it because we saw hell in the last war.”

“......No, I also forced my greed onto my daughter.”

“His name was Hyoudou-kun, correct? I wanted to thank him. What my son lacked was defeat. He overestimated the ability of our clan. This will also be a good lesson for my son. Phoenix is not absolute. Just learning that was enough for this engagement, Lord Gremory.”

10. MHLord

MHLord Why hello there.

Yes.

11. Alexander

Alexander That is not dead which can eternal lie

I forgot about that part in vol.2. I guess this make it easier for me to understand their characters.

12. Deathwings

Deathwings Questionable French Guy

Aren't supernatural instincts fun ? Well, at least they're trying to overcome their base instincts as Devils.

13. Alexander

Rolling:

[blockquote]Rolled 6d10 : 3, 9, 5, 2, 1, 5, total 25[/blockquote]

14. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

Well shit. At least it's not a botch.

15. Megaolix

Megaolix Moderator

Should we start panicking?

16. nightblade

nightblade Gone for Good

I thought Exalted had this thing as long as it wasn't a botch it was a success.

17. Alexander

No. I can reveal it: Issei tried, after getting permission to Tomofuri, to attune to the shrine's demesne. The difficulty is 1, so he is successful.

18. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

A botch is a die roll that has no successes. A success is a die roll between 7 and 10, so we only got one success on that roll. Thankfully it succeeded anyways. :))

19. Diller

Diller Versed in the lewd.

Alright!! :D

20. Larekko12

Larekko12 Connoisseur.

I thought a botch was a roll with no success and at least one 1.
    And a failure was just no succs

21. ShadowAngelBeta

ShadowAngelBeta Well worn.

This is correct. Botches are essentially Critfails and require at least rolling a one.

22. Threadmarks: Training Days II: A Not So Peaceful Month (Part 11)
    Alexander

[X] Set this on the back burner for now. This is a long-term project which will be much easier once we have large numbers of resources and followers.

You shake your head. ’This is all very interesting, but as you said I don’t have the resources to make it a reality. It’s better to put the project into reserve and think about it again when I have the money.’

[And how are you going to find it? We aren’t talking about morsels. And this isn’t like the old days, when you could go after hidden treasures or get paid to hunt down bandits.]

Damn, he’s right.

...Or not?

[X] Investigate hacking charms and the Second Lore Excellency. Ask Bright for assistance in developing a charm that perfectly conceals your online activities.

“Or maybe..” You whisper, an almost insane but also very tempting idea blossoming in your mind. “They just evolved into new forms.”

[Eh?]

This is crazy. But, isn’t crazy something you do everyday? ‘Bright-sensei: did you have computers back in Creation? And Internet?’

{Nothing so crude. I will have you know that it was my apprentice Tiyu Zou who designed I AM, and it’s into my laboratories that me and him build it. I AM is...was a thinking automaton of immense capacity, capable of covering fourth fifths of Creation through its innumerable terminals: not only it allowed the instantaneous transmission of communications but singlehandedly administered all mortal infrastructure.}

You are speechless. ‘You mean...that you had an artificial intelligence taking care of society for you?!’

{Yes.}

Crazy people doing crazy things. Like you, but with more experience.

’And...did you have Charms for hacking?’

{Why yes: I never had the opportunity to use them against an enemy, but in the years before the Fall I created a number of Charms for that purpose. What do you have in mind?}

You send your thoughts to her and Ddraig.

[Oh, oh! Do it. I want to see you doing it.] Ddraig laughs.

{Finally you are starting to act like a true Celestial Exalted. This will be a good test for your capacities.}

You grimace. ’What do I have to do to earn words of praise?’

{Do something worthy of them. You should be able to do it after two or three hundred years.}

You are starting to understand why the Dragon-Blooded rebelled.

[X] Speak to Tomofuri whether he knows of someone we can get in contact with a representative of the Japanese pantheon or their servants through the History Compilation Committee. Perhaps they can provide suggestions or resources in getting more shrine visitors for Tomofuri.

“A way to contact the Great Honourable Ones?” He releases a puff of smoke. “Sadly I haven’t saw or heard of their Intermediaries since before my long sleep. I am old Taiyoryuu-dono, but hardly important enough in the grand scheme of things. They didn’t call themselves ‘History Compilation Committee’ back then, but I met some Intermediaries during my life. But I regret to tell you I have no idea how to contact them. If they are still alive, that is.”

“Ah, okay. Thanks for your help.” Maybe you hoped too much. After all Tomofuri slept for a long time. Uhm, maybe you can ask Abe-sempai: she’s the one who initially told you about the HCC.

“Uhm...” Tomofuri taps the pipe on his knee. “If you feel daring enough Taiyoryuu-dono, I know of someone who could help you.”

“Really? Who?”

“The Clan of Youkai that administers all Youkai in the region of Kanto: the Nura Clan.” He returns to smoking his pipe. “The Heads I knew had a policy of peaceful coexistence with humans, and even helped to protect my kind’s shrines. They don’t take orders from the Intermediaries, but keep a semi-civil relationship with them. Sadly it’s also been a while since I heard of them.”

Are those the Youkai Yakuza Abe-sempai talked about? It’s worth a try. “But since they have to be famous, if I find a Youkai I can ask him or her to point me to them?”

“If you meet one who is intelligent, capable of speech and willing to help.” His eyebrows furrow. “Make no mistakes Taiyoryuu-dono: there aren’t completely good Youkai. By their very nature they bring troubles to humans. Some are just mischievous but otherwise civilized, but many are monsters that need to be exterminated.”

That’s harsh, but you can’t deny there is truth in Tomofuri’s words. But, as the old saying says:

Judge not society, but the individual.

Heroes don’t discriminate after all.

[X] Speak with Sona & ask for permission about planting a garden of flowers around the fountain at the front of the school & whether she would object to us blessing it with some charms from a shrine. Don't bring up the existence of devils or other supernatural beings if she doesn't but be willing to answer to comment on them if she does. Plant additional flowers around the shrine & have them blessed as well, spread a rumor in the school that a blessing from a kami at the shrine is responsible for their vitality & vivid flowering.

“One last thing Tomofuri-dono.” You ask, an alternative idea for helping the shrine forming in your mind. “Do your blessings also works on plants and animals?”

“Why, yes.” He admits with pride. “I remember when farmers came to me and ask for a good crop and healthy cattle. I may not be able to cause rain, but plants blessed by me grown a lot faster.”

“Really? Then, can you prepare some charms specifically made to make plants grow faster and stronger? I have a plan to attract more visitors to the shrine.”

“Do you? Wowowo! Then I will start right away.”

Before you leave you ask Tomofuri to let you attune to the demesne. He doesn’t object.
    As you bid goodbye to Tomofuri, Michi and Rin and leave the temple you review your idea.

Since pregnancy isn’t an easy subject to treat nowadays, you will instead concentrate to the ‘Fertility’ part. So if you put up a show of, say, flowers and also plant them around the shrine, if they are pretty enough people will get attracted to them. And if you tell them about the Charms, even without getting the supernatural some will be curious enough to try them and pray at the shrine. It’s still good advertisement after all.

’School may be a good point, the fountain at the front may use some decorations.’ You muse. ’But to do that I will need the approval from the Student Council, and this mean dealing with Shitori Sona.’

Who is a Devil like Rias, but despite that Bucho had yet to mention the fact. It may be because it was never relevant, but it’s also possible there are other reasons.

[You want my advice? Just speak to her naturally as a student: don’t bring up the existence of devils or other supernatural beings if she doesn’t but be willing to answer or comment if she does first. If asked, just tell them it was never relevant before and that you thought it was good manners to leave them the first move.]

’That could work. Thanks Ddraig.’

With that resolved, it’s time...actually, since tomorrow is Sunday you will have to wait until Monday for Kouh to open again. This means you will have the next day free.

What can you do? You have many options:

You can relax. Not just sleeping, but indulging in some of the hobby you neglected in the last two weeks. When was the last time you touched your PS2 anyway?

You can keep train: either with Ddraig, to continue the study of [Fist of the Daystar] or to learn more about the hacking Charms Bright mentioned.

You can, and the thought makes you giddy, take the girls out on a date. Mittelt especially: you two jumped directly from master and vassal to sex, doing something as a normal couple would be nice.

You can start investigating on the Snake gang: surely words of what you did reached the ears of their leader. The old man should be safe, after all it was the Snake’s men who attacked without reasons, but you are a different story. Probably it’s only your residence in another part of the city that saved you until now from their attention. Your appearance isn’t common, not anymore.

You can prepare a detailed project of the proposal you will bring to Sona and raise the probabilities that she will allow it. The more grandiose, the better right? You could use Second Craft Excellency to build a phenomenal display and Durability-Enhancing Technique to make it more resistant. You could even make a speech using Irresistible Salesman Spirit

Or, you can do something completely different.

[] Relax (take half day or a full day)
    -[] How?

[] Train (take half day or a full day)
    -[] In what?

[] Date (take half day or a full day)
    -[] Who?

[] Investigate Snake (take a full day)
    -[] How?

[] Prepare a project (take a full day)
    -[] What?

[] Write-in.

23. iamnuff

iamnuff Connoisseur.

the Nura clan?

HOT FUCKING DAMN YES!

24. Brandark

Is the Nura clan just a simple cameo , or do the villains from that verse also exist here ?

If they do , I can see fun times ahead in the Kyoto arc , because Hagoromo Gitsune and her cohorts will be there . And the final boss Abe-no-Seimei really fits in with the Khaos brigade , I think .

All in all , deviations from canon and fun boss fights .

Akuma-Heika and Crimson Reiter like this.
  25. Megaolix

Megaolix Moderator

Just saying, but the option to wind down should not simply be ignored. We were already told to relax by others before.

26. megrisvernin

megrisvernin Connoisseur.

I imagine a large part of the arranged marriage is misguided concern. Remember that Rias seems to be rebelling slightly against relying on her family name & now spends a great deal of her time in the human world, which remember if a foreign culture & different species then their own. All the members of her peerage are former humans except maybe Koneko. Nor has Rias obviously cast aside her role as the inheriting heir. I think its clear to her parents that she intends to inherit but they have serious concerns that she she's gaining the necessary skills or connections she'll need as the heir to a great family.

Remember devils live for thousands of year & some of the elder devils still remain powerful influences to this day. To an extent they may have a point. Devils have different interests & concerns than humans. Their longevity & the magitech they have access too means a lot of the themes common in human culture, death, illness, nationalism are either muted or counterproductive. I'd argue that the very strange factionalism that a lot of human nations have & their own bigoted views towards humans very similiar to their own, when say devils know they have two competing factions that are fundamentally different races in a lot of ways.

The basic cultural lingo that Rias will return speaking will make it hard for her to speak with devils, her taboos & views will be slanted oddly & too a degree there may be specific human failures or bad tendencies that will make it hard for her to carry out their duties.

Given that humans can convert into devils, fearing that their culture & way of life could be overwhelmed by the tide of "new devils" is not on the face of it an irrational concern especially with the devil's own low fertility. It's irrational to the extent that it's really not a problem. Culture changing isn't a big deal when you get right down to it but traditionalist humans show how much of a "end of the world" fear it may be. So the issue more or less to me isn't that Rias is adding former humans into her peerage. It's that she's immersing herself in a human world with human cultured new devils. When she returns her family knows, rightly or wrongly, that the hidebound traditionalist devils will make her role as heir very difficult & that on a functional level the culture differences do mean Rias would have trouble.

In a way they probably think they are doing her a favor. Raiser has very traditional devil views & impeccable lineage & by marrying him, her parents will be reassuring the older devils that Raiser can provide "guidance" in response to their fears that Rias won't be able to carry out her families interest. By accepting the marriage, Rias can continue her odd interests into humans & their culture without making her position of heir as difficult.

I almost think they see this as a "phase" for Rias. That if they just wait a few years she'll come home, forget about all that nonsense & be the Heir. Somewhat analogous to the Japanese Keiretsu, large vertically integrated companies controlled tightly by families with strong network alliances to other family owned companies. Their heir is off exploring an odd subculture that they know their corporate allies don't share at all & she isn't building the networking she'll really need to manage the business relationships of her company when she inherits. So they setup a marriage with a tightly allied company who is well respected by his peers to help her out on the side...

This won't become a problem till its obvious Rias plans on bringing a neophyte into their little world...

27. noahgab1133

noahgab1133 Don't you trust me?

i think half the day should be spending with the girls not sure if asia or mittlet but that would be good, maybe even ask out yang and ruby? The other half is split between training hacking or doing something not sure

28. Alexander

All I can say is that I am not expending the DxD Universe by choosing themes that doesn't fit. Of course, this being Japan, I am going to concentrate on Japanese lore.

Wow megris, you make the best analysis. All of this helps me immensely: thank you.

29. megrisvernin

megrisvernin Connoisseur.

You know we can bundle the relax/date option together pretty easily. All four of the girls we are close too Asia, Yang, Ruby & Mittelt(minus Aika) aren't too familiar with Japanese culture.

Spending the evening out doing some traditional Japanese things, eating Japanese food & watching Japanese media(movies, tv, anime whatever). A great chance to build group solidarity, help improving their cultural immersion & make the harem outcome more harmonious.

30. nightblade

nightblade Gone for Good

You do know that Rias's queen is only half human right?