1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

I will become God-Harem King of the World! [Highschool DxD/Exalted] (CLOSED)

Discussion in 'Questing' started by Alexander, Jan 23, 2014.

1. Megaolix

Megaolix Moderator

Is it so impressive when no one proposed anything else? Especially concerning the flowers?

2. megrisvernin

megrisvernin Connoisseur.

I'm less impressed with that then the number of people who've voted. This is a nonaction vote where we're submitting a project request & we have to come up with a floral display. Making a vote for both of them is...complex & the Garden part was in particular frustratingly difficult to make. Despite some initial misgivings I had Smuthunter was the only to have a completed plan. Adding a 2 die stunt & modifying some of the initial wording to make it a bit less blunt & casual(just more respectful) resolved my initial concerns.

That 7 other people than you or me who worked on it voted for this, which is more important than say just having a 100% total support among a smaller number of votes mark it more than anything else as being a good vote in their minds.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
  3. megrisvernin

I agree. It's more telling that relative to the participation in the quest a lot of people voted for it. Instead of waiting for an update out of apathy.

On a side note I agreed with your original concerns on Smuthunter's approach being too blunt & direct.
    To remedy that we've add a more formal introduction to the speech & by channeling compassion & a 2 die stunt we've add 7 die for success rolls. The 2die stunt also has a lose condition that should limit our loss if we botch it.

With our charms the 7 extra die should give us...3 & a half success rolls on average. With our successes doubled that's worth 7 successes on a target with their defense cut in half...I think it'll help improve our odds.

4. noahgab1133

noahgab1133 Don't you trust me?

Nothing like GLORIOUS SOLAR BULLSHIT to make public speaking a breeze :))

5. Diller

Diller Versed in the lewd.

Well it helps that we're telling the truth(just bring a bit formal and maybe later passionate about it)

[X] Plan megrisvernin (latest formal variant)

I really appreciate all the work that was put into editing this and I'm liking the end result so far.

6. Extras: Omake - 4
    megrisvernin

Unlike some honor bound fools I think nothing of stacking the dice in my favor.

Mentally it's a fun scene. A QM hands you ten dice, saying you need to roll all then of them 8 or better to convince the other player of your scheme. You digg into your left pocket & taking out another ten dice, adding them to the pile. You dig into your right pocket & deposit 5 more.

You take out a rulebook & pen in a new Rule.

"Player's Successes are doubled". You cross out the opponent's stated defense & write in 5. You smirk & hand the rulebook back & roll the dice. 14 successes. Doubled to Twenty-Eight.

The other player gapes open-mouthed in Disbelief. "You're not even trying to cheat are you? That's more successes than the number of dice you threw! There's no way-."

He's cut off by a gesture from the QM who pauses to think. The giant of a man dressed in greek or roman styled armor opens his hand to give a thumbs up.

Glorious Solar Bullshit always works when Sol Invictus is your Rulemaster.

7. ShadowAngelBeta

ShadowAngelBeta Well worn.

Oh God. My fucking sides. :))

8. megrisvernin

It's its liked? I'll consider doing a slightly better version. I just quickly sketched this. I realized the other player should be objecting when we start pulling extra dice from other pockets as well...

9. noahgab1133

only thing that would make this even more hilarious is if the other player crit fails XD

10. megrisvernin

Point. Ah nm. I'll leave it as is. Look forward to the update when it comes.

11. Silversun17

Silversun17 Connoisseur.

[X] Plan megrisvernin (latest formal variant)

12. megrisvernin

Sorry we didn't end up using your garden version Silver. Ended up more practical by WOG to have flowers planted for seasonal displays. Glad we managed to keep splitting it into four sections though. Works well with three seasonal flowers plots & 1 always in bloom.

13. Silversun17

Silversun17 Connoisseur.

that was my "can't think of anything better" version. i was grasping for straws at that point anyway.

14. Brandark

Brandark Not too sore, are you?

I never said it was impressive . I am just a bit surprised. Usually there are quite a few choices , and a lot of well reasoned arguments . I find reading them and participating the next best thing after the story posts.

Not that I am complaining , mind you. This write-in is a product of the hard work of quite a few people , so I am glad that it's being chosen.

15. megrisvernin

Strictly speaking we do have a day before Alexander comes on & I have some free time.

I rather liked Megaolix's original proposal, but Smuthunter managed to produce a draft which I thought I had some initial issues with I could produce a workable plan from. If Megaolix was willing to codify their plan a bit more, spell out more in detail how they wanted the conversation to go I've be willing to modify the stunt & offer what editing skills I had to make it work. The floral arrangement could be lifted whole cloth from my current plan & then we could let players see which they liked further. I didn't quite see how to make it all work with Megaolix's original proposal so I'd need some more before I could make it myself.

16. Extras: Omake - 5
    noahgab1133

Omake: In which a Crawling chaos appears!

ne ne fi-chan! It's the chaos that crawls up with a smile, Nyarlathotep! :D

Too much?

of course! of course! My most awesomeness pose will be too much for mere mortals to handle. Only my beloved should bear witness to my magnifi utopia!

...?

*sigh* No I still haven't found my true love yet :(

... ... ...

Gah That HEAT WOMEN?!? Never, no way, impossible, not even if she was the last being in existence.

SO how's things been for you fi-chan? Finally managed to break Great Red's neck yet? HE can be such a delinquent! Thinking himself strong Just because he can beat all of the earth's gods. phhh I could do that with my eyes closed.

... ... ....!

Really you found people who want to help? ne ne fi-chan I'll help train them up with my space cqc! They will be unstoppable *phone rings* Mushi mushi? EH? Smugglers again? But I was taking a break!

Bye bye Fi-chan I'll be by later. Also here hold these for me kay?

Vali are sure there was someone here?

Hmm i sensed someone strong but there is only ophis? Maybe I'm just tired....

Did ophis-chan always have that frilly dress? and these books?

Are you sure those aren't Kuroka's?

Maybe....

Akuma-Heika, TheWave, Relyt33 and 5 others like this.
  17. megrisvernin

Wow. I forgot how insane anime Nyarlathotep! was.

Might be worth having a reaction to Issei. Maybe she can sense his true power?

Perhaps have her observe him during one of his fights, flaring his anima banner?

18. ESBA

ESBA Getting out there.

Why does that sound so dirty.....

19. ZipLopz

ZipLopz Know what you're doing yet?

Because it's Nyaruko, of course! >:D

As for the 'fi-chan' nickname, was that a reference to those Dragon!Issei snips that gabriel blessing did a while back?

Corvus 501 likes this.
  20. Alexander

Alexander That is not dead which can eternal lie

That scene was amazing megris 8). I have only one thing to add:

[img width=480 height=600]http://www.chomic.net/exalted/motivationalexalted01.jpg[/img]

Oh god, how come Nyaruko manage to be so moe even when so crazy? Noah, your omake wants me to ship her with Issei, even if it's basically shipping an Exalt with a Primordial/Fae Folk thing.

Even then, it would still be not the most outrageous thing an Exalt fucked.

A bit of bad news: I am better now, but I am still forced in bed since I can't sit down. I can write using my iPad, but expect posts of lower quality.

Corvus 501 and Hazardine like this.
  21. megrisvernin

Hmm. I hope the narrative nature of the scene makes it easy. We are giving a pitch & with the stunt you have an idea of Issei's actions as he delivers it which probably limits the level of detail you need to write to Sona & companies reactions.

It might be worth using a Beta if you can, or writing it & then coming back an hour later. When I'm tried or sick I keep making a lot of homophone errors in my posts.

22. noahgab1133

Yup

Take your time to get better alex. Also I ship it as well Nyaruko is just too moe and love exist to serve chaos after all >:D

[​IMG]

besides canon ise got a dragon god and a whole bunch of other stuff to fall for him so it ain't exactly out of character ;)

mrttao likes this.
  23. Alexander

My head is good and perfectly clear, but I have a muscle problem that doesn't let me walk or sit for long. So i can write good.

24. megrisvernin

Huh.

I have an inner ear disorder that I have to watch my dietary intake to stop myself from feeling vertigo. If it helps, consider writing your thoughts down on a notebook or on a clipboard before sitting & typing them out on a keyboard. Trying to be creative when you're in discomfort is...problematic.

25. Alexander

That's tough. I'm not so much in discomfort, but I appreciate your concern.

Do you know what I want? For my quest to have a page on TvTropes.

Only, there isn't a Fanfic page for Highschool DxD. Maybe because the original series is so full of crazy shit that they ran out of space.

26. megrisvernin

I just need to avoid excessive salt & any caffeine to prevent symptoms. Insomnia tends to make it worse. I've noticed that a lot of my personal quirks force me to have healthier habits or I get backlash.

Hmm. Not familiar with tropes so not much help there. I suspect that depending on how the fight with Raiser goes we can tell then what if any tropes are applicable. Honestly I got the vibe from QQ that it had a bit of a insular community. Don't think there would be much overlap with those who frequent tropes.

Come to think of it are there any quests from QQ that have a tropes page?

27. Brandark

You are are right about the insular community bit. Most recs in Tvtropes are from fanfiction net , spacebattles and livejournal. Forums with lesser members often tends to be passed over. I guess it' because most members of tvtropes are from those places.

But as far as tropes go , I can think of plenty that are applicable. Let's see --

Issei-

Harem Seeker
    Chivalrous Pervert
    Hearing Voices
    Power Up
    I Got Better(After being stabbed in the stomach)
    Kick The Son Of A Bitch(What he did to Raynare)
    Fatal Flaw
    Touched By Vorlons

Asia-

Rescue Romance
    Single Nun Seeks Good Man
    Designated Victim (potentially due to the Ward flaw we took)

Mittelt-

High Heel Face Turn
    Ascended Extra
    Green Eyed Monster

Just a few from top of my head. Tell you what , if there are any tvtropes members here willing to help in creating a tropes page , I will do my level best to fill it up.

28. megrisvernin

I'm browsed the site for hours but I have no idea how to submit things so I can't be much help on that level. I assume those all have their own trope pages?

29. Brandark

Same for me. That's why I asked for help from a member. And yes , all of these tropes have their own pages.

30. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

I can lend a hand with this. Feed me the basics of a page entry and I'll stick it up this afternoon.