1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

I will become God-Harem King of the World! [Highschool DxD/Exalted] (CLOSED)

Discussion in 'Questing' started by Alexander, Jan 23, 2014.

1. megrisvernin

megrisvernin Connoisseur.

Oh nice. That would be appreciated.

2. Alexander

Alexander That is not dead which can eternal lie

Really? That would be great!

3. Brandark

Brandark Not too sore, are you?

Much appreciated. What do you need , exactly?

4. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

As much of the writing as you're willing to do with tropes organized alphabetically. If you need an example, go to any of the fanfic trope pages and tap the edit button at the top of the page, that'll give you a look at the entry format on the back end that I'll be needing to do.

It ought to look something like this:

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
  5. John At Dawn

John At Dawn Seeker of Answers

> Implying Tifa is not already a main character, rather than just a pair of tits.

Please go fuck yourself, whoever wrote this sentence.

6. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

That was me, except I didn't say anything about Tifa only being a nice pair of tits. She has the foundations of a very strong female character, but the game only capitalizes on some of it by making her into Cloud's pillar of emotional support. Then it turns around and makes her kind of emotionally-dependent on him too, so they have a weird co-dependent relationship where Tifa spends most of the game mooning over him in one fashion or another instead of pursuing her own goals.

Akuma-Heika likes this.
  7. Alexander

Rolling:

Charisma 2 + Presence 4 + Stunt 2 + Compassion 5 + Excellency 6 = 19 dices

-6m, -1wp

[blockquote]Rolled 19d10 : 2, 4, 9, 10, 2, 3, 8, 2, 2, 1, 6, 3, 6, 5, 3, 2, 6, 4, 7, total 85[/blockquote]

Irresistible Salesman Spirit doubles all successes

-3m

Personal Essence: 8/17
    Willpower: 7/8

8. Eler0

Eler0 Versed in the lewd.

Wow, those rolls are horrible.

9. EternitynChaos

EternitynChaos Once there was a Maiden...

thank goodness for Irresistible Salesman Spirit, 10 successes and halves there defensive DV

10. John At Dawn

John At Dawn Seeker of Answers

....What goals? No one in FF7 has any goals beyond saving the world except Barret (keep Marlene save) and Cid (TO THE MOON!)

Tifa is hardly alone in that.

11. Brandark

Okay , so here's a short intro and a summary.

GLORIOUS SOLAR BULLSHIT.
    --Several questers , summing up their reaction to this quest and its protagonist.

'I will become God-Harem King of the World' is a Highschool DXD/Exalted crossover RPG styled as a text adventure , created and DM'ed by a certain person nicknamed Alexander on the Questionable Questing forums. It's still ongoing.

It begins when Issei gets stabbed in the stomach by fallen angel Raynare and left to die. As Issei feels his consciousness ebbing away , his plight catches the
    eye of a power foreign to his world. The Unconquered Sun of Creation is moved by the compassion and courage in Issei's heart and imbues him with his power. The world of DXD is changed forever as Hyoudou Issei , Sekiryutei , Lawgiver, draws his Second Breath and begins his journey to become a Harem-King.

You can get more info on the characters , plot , possible future developments and participate in the discussion here(insert link). Do be aware that while the quest thread itself is Safe For Work , the forums contain NSFW content.

Edit - I tried to model it on some of the examples I have seen in tvtropes. The summary is kind of short and sucky , feel free to expound as I come up with the tropes list.

Sol Mark-1 likes this.
  12. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

Perhaps. It's been a long time since I played FF7 but I remember Yuffie and Red XIII and everyone else having motivations aside from that, like that mining town that Barret wanted to stop and save sometime during the first leg of the journey. Perhaps rather than goals the problem would be better said to be character focus -- Tifa and Cloud have a lot of the same ties to the backstory, so when they encounter Nibelheim or Sephiroth the story focuses more on Cloud's reaction to those events since he's the main character, while Tifa's scenes often focus more on how she's reacting to Cloud. In LFTNWO Tifa is the main character rather than the love interest, so the author spends a lot of time exploring Tifa's character and examining her from angles that the game didn't bother with.

13. Mu-Sensei

Mu-Sensei No Work, No Life.

Fixed it for you.

Akuma-Heika likes this.
  14. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

How about a line that isn't a meme and doesn't need font coloring that TV Tropes pages don't allow?

15. Brandark

This quest contains examples of:
    *Adaptational Badass: Mittelt , who had a very short appearance in canon and was taken down off-screen , is now a cross between Fallen Angel and Oni , and one of the first girls to join Issei's harem.

*A God Am I: Averted. Draig and Bright urges Issei towards this trope , he refuses them.
    *A God I Am Not:Issei insists this trope to Draig and Bright.

*A Lady On Each Arm: Issei.

*A Man Is Not A Virgin: Issei has sex with two different girls shortly after his exaltation.

*Adult Fear: Possibly Issei will feel this for his lovers ,as he has the Ward curse , which creates a chance that any member of his harem may run into some danger, based on dice rolls.

*All There In The Manual: Issei runs on Exalted mechanism , some degree of knowledge about how Exalted works is necessary to better understand his actions.

*Ascended Extra: Again , Mittelt.

*Awesome McCoolname: Issei is given the title , "Sovereign Of The Bright Scales".

*Betty and Veronica: Asia and Mittelt respectively to Issei.

*Belated Backstory: Isei's excuse for his sudden upgrade to Bishonen is one for his classmates.

*Big Damn Heroes:Issei plays this role for Kiyome Abe , an upperclassman of his assaulted by some would-be-rapists, and also for a a barkeeper being terrorized by some thugs.

*Bishonen: one of the perks of Issei's Exaltation.

*Blue And Orange Morality: How Issei's guide for the Exalted side of his powers, Bright's mind works.

*Board Games: Issei works by the rules of one , due to his Exaltation.

*Break the Haughty:Done to Raynare.

*Curb Stomp Battle: Raynare is at the receiving end of this at Issei's hand twice after his Exaltation.

*Challenge Seeker:Yang. To a lesser extent , Issei.

*Downer Beginning: The quest starts with Issei being stabbed in the stomach. It gets better , though.

*For Great Justice: Ruby's motivation as a Sacred Gear user.

*Freudian Trio: Issei , Draig and Bright , with Draig as the Id , Bright as the Superego and Issei as the Ego.

*Groin Attack: Poor, Poor Freed.

*Heroic Host: Issei is hosting two entities in his body who are tied to the source of his powers.

*Laser-Guided Amnesia: Raynare is at the receiving end of this trope after losing against Issei.

*Massive Multiplayer Crossover: Ruby and Yang from RWBY , and probably more to come , as the author is expanding the universe to include bits and pieces from several other series.

*Naive Newcomer: Ruby , when she is first introduced. To a lesser extent , Issei to the supernatural world just after his Exaltation.

*Resurrected for a Job: Played with. The Unconquered Sun does resurrect Issei to be his champion , but he doesn't set any specific goals.

*Sliding Scale of Idealism Versus Cynicism: Exalted is pretty far in the Cynicism side , while DxD is equally far in the Idealism side. But on the whole , this quest leans towards the Idealism side.

*This Is Unforgivable: Issei's reaction when he learns what Raynare is going to do to Asia.

*The Hero's Journey: the entire quest is one for Issei.

16. Threadmarks: Training Days II: A Not So Peaceful Month (Part 13)
    Alexander

[X] Megrisvernin' plan
    ----

You pause for a moment, taking in the nervous tension evident in the two before you. Briefly you consider starting slowly, beginning with the shrine and trying to avoid the issue of devils and the supernatural all together unless Sona brought it up. From the discomfort evident on their faces, though, you fear if you seem slippery or deceptive in answering her, Sona would quickly dismiss anything else you had to say. You also decide being too casual is also risky, better be a little bit more reserved.

Giving them what you think is your best disarming smile you give your pitch deciding to error on the side of honesty and politeness.

"Before I begin I must ask: did Rias-san ever mention anything about me to you and about what I've been doing for her for the last week or so?"

There is a flash of surprise on Shinra-san's face, while Sona just tilt her head slighly, letting you see her eyes. "She did. Quite a lot I must say." She admits. "I assume you mean about the supernatural world, and how I am a high-class Devil too?"

"Yes."

"In this case I am confused, because she never said anything about mentioning me to you. Can I ask how did you come across this information?"

"Ah, it wasn't Rias-san who told me. It was Abe Kiyome-sempai, the captain of the Tennis Club."

Sona's eyes widen slightly. "I see." She says after a few moments of silence. "Since you felt the need to confirm it, I assume your request is related to the supernatural?"

"Yes. Do you know about Tomofuri's shrine and his fertility charms?"

"Quite. Rias was very...vocal about that." Sona makes a troubled expression.

[You mean she bragged about it a lot.] You sort of agree with Ddraig.

"But there's a catch: Tomofuri-sama needs more worship in order to have enough power to make all the talismans that the devils will need. To get that power he needs more people worshipping at his temple, so we need to "advertise" for him, so to speak. Now, obviously I can't go around saying things like "Hey, how would you like to get pregnant more easily!" You chuckle in embarassment. "But Tomofuri-dono's charms also work on plants and animals. So I thought, 'Let's plant some flowers around the school with charms placed near them and let the rumor mill do the advertising for us!' With your permission Kaichou, I believe I can get the ball rolling on something that will be of great benefit to devil society as a whole, and also make the school grounds look nicer at the same time!"

As you give your impassioned plea, you try to gauge their reaction. Relying on your perception and wit you decide to modify the speech on the fly if they don't seem receptive to your arguments.

Both girls look stunned. "This is...a reasonable request." Sona says slowly, as if she has troubles saying the words. "Do you have an idea about how the flowers will be planted?"

"Of course. The flower bed would be made in a ring around the fountain with small cobblestone pathways allowing students to walk through it. The flowers would be divided into four sections: Dahlia for Summer, Chrysanthemum for Winter, Tulips for Spring and Dianthus for all season bloom. Either way each section would have Charms promoting the growth of the flowers placed there."

"...Tsubaki. The folder about the school's backyard please." The long haired girl quickly picks a folder from a bookshelf and passes it to Sona.

The young heiress spends a long time consulting the contents, both you and Tsubaki waiting patiently.

Finally she closes it. "Your idea is...feasible. Since this is for the good of devil society I will do my part. I will prepare the necessary permits. Hyodo-san, since this task will fall to the Gardening Club you will speak to them and request their help. Is this acceptable?"

Great, everything worked well. "Of course. I will do it right now."

"Good. You are dismissed."

Bowing and biding goodbye to both girls you leave the Council's room.

----

As you approach the area where you remember the Gardening club was, you hear a commotion.

"W-What should we do? I don't know what to do!"

"Neither do I. But RELAX (in english)! We will think of something!"

"E-Erika-chan! Stop that! Ah! My purse!"

Sounds like someone is having fun. As you think that a feminine purse, all white with flower decorations, rolls against your feet.

As you pick it up a pair of girls come from behind the corner. Since you never saw them before they must be freshmen.

[img width=600 height=339]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/it/archive/5/56/20131121131339!TsubomiHanasaki.jpg[/img]

[​IMG]

"Sorry, did you see my pu-!" The scarlet haired one's breath gets caught in her throat as she looks at you. Blushing like a tomato she hides behind her friend.

The navy haired one flashs you a smile that wouldn't look out of place on the Cheshire Cat. "Helloooo~~!"

Yeah, you look good again. "Hello." You hold out the purse. "Is this yours?"

The scarlet haired one shyly receives it.

"This is Hanasaki Tsubomi-chan." She pats her friend's shoulder. "And I am Kurumu Erika. And we're both s-i-n-g-l-e~!"

"E-Erika-chan!"

[Just met and already falling for you? You made progress partner.]

If only he could manage to not laugh, you would take that as a compliment.

"Hyodo Issei." You greet. "I couldn't help but hear part of what you were saying. Is something bothering you?"

"Well you see Hyodo-sempai both me and Tsubomi-chan wants to join the Gardening Club. Personally I wanted to join the Fashion Club, but guess what?! There isn't a Fashion Club! Scandalous! And I can't create one because I have to be a second year to do that. Unfair! That's unfair I tell you! So after moping I decided to follow my friend Tsubomi-chan and join together the Gardening Club. Not my fancy, but at least I would be together with my friend. But guess what? Those folks at the Gardening Club said that to consider our admissions we must first present a project dedicated to flowers. I don't think the other members had to do the same. This is descrimination! Discrimination I say! And both me and Tsubomi-chan haven't a single idea about what to do that would satisfy those jerks, so now we're struck!"

...Does she even breath? That was the longest speech you ever heard without even a single pause.

As Hanasaki helps Kurumu calming down you are struck by an idea: if they need a special project to be accepted, why don't propose them to take care of the flower bed? You would likely need to help, but this way you help everyone.

Then again, they don't look like unresorceful girls. It's possible they would find a solution on their own even without your help.

[] Ask them.
    [] Ask the Gardening Club.
    [] Write-in.

----

Kudos to Smuthunter. He knows why ;)

17. The Slumbering Crocodile

The Slumbering Crocodile Sleeping in the mud

Aren't those Pretty Cure characters?

Also, hello! Hope you don't mind if I join it.

[X] Ask both, negotiate "internship" credit for Tsubomi and Erica's participation.
    -[X] If the gardening club is reluctant to let them participate, offer the girls a position beautifying Tomofuri's shrine.

I guess we could always use some Magical Girls on our side.

18. BFldyq

BFldyq It's pronounced Be-Fled-Ick

[X] Ask them.

19. Brandark

Oh? Is the tropes page up then?

Edit: Vote changed to,

[X] Ask both, negotiate "internship" credit for Tsubomi and Erica's participation.
    -[X] If the gardening club is reluctant to let them participate, offer the girls a position beautifying Tomofuri's shrine.
    [X] 2 die stunt addition

20. Fellgar

Fellgar Connoisseur.

[X] Ask Them.

Dang, I can't come up with a write in for dice boosting right now. My brain is on the fritz.

Ha, the life of a Harem Protagonist is rife with opportunity.

21. Alexander

Not exactly. It is something in my post.

For the trope paga, may I suggest you add that I am taking liberty with canon and adding different series to expand it? Otherwise the readers will wonder why Ruby Rose is included in the tropes description.

22. noahgab1133

noahgab1133 Don't you trust me?

[x] Ask both, negotiate "internship" credit for Tsubomi and Erica's participation.
    -[x] If the gardening club is reluctant to let them participate, offer the girls a position beautifying Tomofuri's shrine.

again bright sensei is a genius to make ise appearance 5 at first chance XD

edit:Vote changed

23. Alexander

Welcome to QQ :D. Holy, you are the third-fourth new members to post directly in my quest.

Is my quest causing more people to join the forum? I really hit jackpot with this one, didn't I?

24. Brandark

*The Cameo: Ruby and Yang from RWBY , and probably more to come , as the author is expanding the universe to include bits and pieces from several other series.

Will this do?

25. staplesdex2

staplesdex2 Status: CLASSIFIED

[X] Ask Them

26. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

On a phone now, will elaborate later.

27. Noctum

Noctum I trust you know where the happy button is?

[X] Ask both, negotiate "internship" credit for Tsubomi and Erica's participation

*sniggers* This is going to be such an egg on the Gardening Club's face if we pull this off. Two freshmen that they apparently didn't want succeed in the impossible task they were given and get credited for it? Talk about political backfire.

That and the endless amusement that App 5 grants. Who says that beauty doesn't count?

28. Disrobingcoin

Disrobingcoin Getting some practice in, huh?

[X] Ask the Gardening Club.

Messing about by getting nonmembers of the Gardening Club involved when we promised to request the Gardening Club's help seems like the sort of thing that would piss off someone as serious as Sona (Especially when it involves the future of the demon faction). Let's at least see what the Gardening Club is like first. (Or wait for Smuthunter to elaborate)

And make that fourth-fifth new member - This quest rules.

29. Alexander

Uhm, I think? Their roles is more than cameo, so...Massive Multiplayer Crossover? I am not a company however.

Sol Mark-1 likes this.
  30. ZipLopz

ZipLopz Know what you're doing yet?

Yes, you did. I think this is the first DxD quest thread that's been made. I still remember discovering this when it only had 28 pages...

By the way, is there a page limit on each thread? On Spacebattles, it's 99-100, so I'm wondering if Alexander might have to make a new thread soon.

[X] Ask them.