1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

I will become God-Harem King of the World! [Highschool DxD/Exalted] (CLOSED)

Discussion in 'Questing' started by Alexander, Jan 23, 2014.

1. Alexander

Alexander That is not dead which can eternal lie

Lol.

2. Megaolix

Megaolix Moderator

Utterly sick of 'Cirno is strongest' jokes.

[X] Graceful Sun

So Alexander, seems liek the option is winning in a tidal wave.

I for one wonder if everything we have must be big considering the situation right now. And yes, no need to answer me. I know the answer is 'Exalted'.

Akuma-Heika likes this.
  3. Selias

Selias Well worn.

There are enough of those jokes to get sick of them? I don't think that I've ever seen that joke, other than the one I just made.

Akuma-Heika likes this.
  4. Megaolix

Megaolix Moderator

Not on QQ, but yeah. I have seen more than enough of them. I have seen multiple stories about Cirno being uber too.

So yes, I am completely sick of the fanwank. I may like Cirno as a character, but not when made uber.

5. EternitynChaos

EternitynChaos Once there was a Maiden...

[X] Graceful Sun

6. Selias

Selias Well worn.

Well, maybe Cirno is being chased by the strong presence. Actually, that would be pretty funny. We tense up, waiting for the strong presence, and this little blue fairy comes flying out of the bushes, screaming, and crashes into us. Then just as we let our guard down, this huge monster comes out.

Akuma-Heika likes this.
  7. Diller

Diller Versed in the lewd.

Since it seems to be the consensus and I was leaning to it anyways..

[x] Graceful Sun

8. BFldyq

BFldyq It's pronounced Be-Fled-Ick

[X] Why not all?

9. touhou ranfuku

touhou ranfuku Versed in the lewd.

Behold the power of bandwagon!

[X] Graceful Sun.

Anyway, Vol 17 Life 1 is complete at Shincodezero blog.

10. The Slumbering Crocodile

The Slumbering Crocodile Sleeping in the mud

Is Graceful Sun Amateratsu from Okami? Because if not, I might make her my vote.

11. EternitynChaos

EternitynChaos Once there was a Maiden...

There is no way we are going to get one of the top gods in the Shinto pantheon as our Familiar, not until we are in the 8-10 Essence bracket anyway

12. The Slumbering Crocodile

The Slumbering Crocodile Sleeping in the mud

Right, forgot about that. Ignore my previous statement.

13. Fellgar

Fellgar Connoisseur.

[X] Why not all?

For MAXIMUM Hilarity!

14. Bloodshifter

Bloodshifter The Bio-Armor Lover

[X] Graceful Sun.

Is it only me that wishes us to find Avalon?

15. Brandark

Brandark Not too sore, are you?

It's unlikely , but I wouldn't mind at all if the 'Graceful Sun' turns out to be Solaire. It fits , if you consider the 'graceful' epithet to be sarcastic.

16. overmind

overmind Ruler of the Swarm

[X] Graceful Sun.

17. Malcolmo

Malcolmo Insert custom title here

[X] Wrathful Fire

18. Walkir

Walkir Super Happy Awesome Fun Time On Vacation

[X] Graceful Sun

19. Alexander

So, is Graceful Sun in the lead?

Because fun times are ahead :D

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
  20. Megaolix

Megaolix Moderator

When is it not fun time ahead?

Akuma-Heika likes this.
  21. Bloodshifter

Bloodshifter The Bio-Armor Lover

When its not GLORIOUS SOLAR FUN!

Akuma-Heika and Corvus 501 like this.
  22. Threadmarks: Training Days II: A Not So Peaceful Month (Part 16)
    Alexander

Touché.
    ----

The foliages moves.

And then light erupts from them. Light and flames, great tongues of fire licking the area around your group and forming a ring all around the clearing.

"What the-? An attack?" Rias shouts in worry, Power of Destruction forming in her hands. Akeno's hands crackles with electricity, while Kiba projects two demonic swords. The F/A Trio create light spears. You prepare to summon Boosted Gear.

Only Koneko does nothing. She just stares ahead before pointing, eyes filled with caution and...wonder. "Look."

There, standing on a thick tree's branch is a raven. It's big, bigger than your head. Its plumage is the color of freshly cut obsidian, a black so intense that seems to both absorb and release light on its own at the same time. On the conjunction to its claws the feathers change to porcelain white. The same feathers are present below its tail. Its eyes are blazing red-orange rubies alit with barely restrained power.

Satooji actually looks very astonished. "Owa! Oh my! That's! That's!"

"Yatagarasu." Koneko finishes for him.

Yatagarasu. Also know as the Sun Raven.

There are many legends that connect the raven, or crow since in Japanese the word for both is the same, to the Sun. In China, there is the legend of the Ten Evil Suns. In Japan, the Three-legged Crow is seen as the avatar of Amaterasu.

However, instead of being unique beings the various Sun Ravens are all part of a large species of supernatural beings: those recorded in myth were all exceptional individuals empowered by divine power. The part about them having three legs is also false: simply put, since Yatagarasu has white feathers above its claws people would confuse those below his tail as a third claw. In term of power, they are easily at the same level of a Tengu.

But why one appeared before you?

"Is that a familiar?" Kala asks.

"No way!" Satooji quickly denies. "Yatagarasu are sacred beings! They're mutually exclusive to Devils. They would never contract one: instead they would probably burn him to a crisp with their powerful flames that are said to be as hot as the wrath of Heaven itself!"

"Then why is it here?" Kiba comments.

"...Here for someone." Koneko says. Indeed, the raven's eyes are firmly fixed in a certain direction. They follow the invisible line, that ends...

"Sun-boy?"

On you.

Without saying a word you stay back at the raven, refusing to break eye contact even for blinking. In its inhuman eyes you can sense great intelligence, and also that its full attention is wholly focused on you.

"Are you here for me?" You ask loud.

Yatagarasu tilts its head. Confirmation.

"Why?"

In response it opens it beck and releases a fireball that soars above your head a tree, quickly incinerating it.

"...Challenge."

"Looks like it." You roll your shoulder, excitement actually filling you with a certain...trepidation.

"Ise-kun..." Rias says with concern in her voice.

"It's here for me, so it's only proper that I take care of it personally." You grin. "Beside, I don't plan to lose."

Rias seems conflicted before sighing. "Alright. But if this goes too far I will save you, proper or not."

She doesn't know how much those words mean to you. "Thank you Rias." You flash a thumb-up at her surprise expression as you step forward. "You and the whole Club, I'm glad to have friends like you."
    "Ohi, Sun-boy!" You hear Dohna shouts. "Don't you dare die: the one who will burn you to a crisp...is me!"

"...What he said. Minus the last part: I don't care one bit about you. Your death would just be a bother since I would then be forced to fight myself."

"I don't know if I want to encourage you, but do your best Hyodo-san!"

You thought of those guys as villains? What a mistake.

They're just assholes.

"Tell me if you need a sword Ise-kun!"

"...Don't die."

"Surely this isn't a difficult adversary for you? Beat it blue!"

Rias collects her breath before posing with confidence. "Ise! Win!"

As you flash them the "V" of victory you finish positioning yourself to a point where you can move easily and, furthermore, that puts the others out of the line of fire.

Yatagarasu regards you silently.

CAH!

Then it caws ponderously, the flames around it converging and shooting like a beam at you.

BOOM!

""Ise-kun!""

Your friends shouts in worry.

Only for you to reappear five yards away from the explosion, strong air currents swirling around your limbs and body.

"Dragon Technique..." You point both fingers at the Raven. "Whirlwind Sprint!"
    With a flash Boosted Gear appears, while your Aura burns brightly around your body.

[BOOST!]

"You...chose the wrong opponent."

[] Write-in.
    ----

Personal Essence: 17/17
    Peripheral Essence: 32/40
    Committed (Personal): 0
    Committed (Peripheral): 5
    Committed (Total): 5

Willpower: 7/8

Overdrive Pool: 9

23. megrisvernin

megrisvernin Connoisseur.

[X] Graceful Sun

24. Diller

Diller Versed in the lewd.

A yatagarsu? Bitchin.

Alright guys we need to come up with a badass way to win. We can't embarrass ourselves in front of our friends and Rias did cheer us on. We can't let her expectations down!

25. shadowward

shadowward Versed in the lewd.

We have 11 XP can that be used to buy up some MA skill or another relevant ability to make this easier?

26. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

We're saving that to max out Awareness so we can pick up a surprise-negator.

27. Deathwings

Deathwings Questionable French Guy

So, I guess the fire of an Atomic Raven is too strong for our Dragon Scales to soak, huh ? Damn, I suck at stunting, so I hope someone will come up with a good plan.

28. Brandark

Brandark Not too sore, are you?

Now that I think about it , this fight can be good preparation against Raiser later.

The heat of the Yatagarasu's fire may not be as potent as Raiser's flames , but it's still nothing to sneeze at. Rather than going for a quick victory , we can try for as many variations in both offence and defence as possible , to check what holds up against a decent amount of heat and what can damage a fire-based opponent.

29. Deathwings

Deathwings Questionable French Guy

So, do we play it defensively until our Overdrive Pool is full and we have a better idea of what the Raven is capable of for now ?

30. Alexander

For those wondering

[] Merciless Poison: Hydra (the one who was mentioned in canon. Nasty poison, even by Exalted standards)
    [] Bombastic Thunder: Raiju (Japanese spirit of Thunder)
    [] Wrathful Fire: Ifrit (the Final Fantasy version. Less powerful flames, but greater physical parameters and a mean attitude)

Akuma-Heika likes this.