1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

I will become God-Harem King of the World! [Highschool DxD/Exalted] (CLOSED)

Discussion in 'Questing' started by Alexander, Jan 23, 2014.

1. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

Say that again once you've read the core book and know how the mechanics work. Exalts don't suffer from penalties for making die rolls with skills they have zero dots in, they just suck at them anyways because they have tiny dice pools and need luck to succeed at basic tests with them. If you want to not suck at something then you need heavy investment in it, at least three dots and an excellency.

We'll never get any stronger if we go around dividing up our experience points trying to be super-competent at everything we do.

2. noahgab1133

noahgab1133 Don't you trust me?

trying to do too much too soon fellgar. we'll eventually get good at stuff we have no dots in through the story line. Plus we can always get harem members good at those particular task using our appearance and charisma. (with the side benefit of them helping us learn those particular traits) as for stealth and organization, blake and ravel come to mind XD

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
  3. megrisvernin

megrisvernin Connoisseur.

We need core competencies. There are a lot of strong guys out there at the moment who can defeat us, like Raiser, and we need to focus on what will defeat them rather than being capable for every task. Who needs concealment when your anima is a roaring dragon?

Who needs bureaucracy when you have good relations with the School President?

Also I'm back.
    Will start work on the stunt...

4. Diller

Diller Versed in the lewd.

Meg brings up a good point. We could still potentially lose to Vol 2 Raiser who is scrub tier compared to the likes of Shalba, Loki, and Cao Cao. Not to mention anything else Alex might throw at us.

We need to get as strong as possible as fast as possible if we want to survive the coming battles.

We don't have time to waste training skills we could have our friends or harem members covers us for.

5. Extras: Omake - 6
    noahgab1133

mini-omake time! In which Issei becomes a model!

If someone told Hyoudou Issei a year ago that he would become a bishounen capable of making girls fall for him with just a glance, have a harem of beautiful girls, and having regular sex with them. he would tell you either that you're crazy or start fantasizing about the oppai!

Now though? He not only has a harem, lost his virginity but now is a up and coming model. To think it all started with taking his girls out to a nice place to eat after having trained.

"Issei-san how about we stop to eat? I think we are all getting hungry."

"Sure Asia how about...."

"YOU THERE!" "Yes you! That face, that figure, YOUR PERFECT!"

Issei halted as a strange man with a camera ran up to him. At first he thought the man was after the girls but the man stopped in front of him and started frantically taking pictures.

"TRES MAGNIFIQUE! You must be my model! The world must witness this Perfection!"

Issei was dumbfounded, Asai looked confused, Yang and Mittlet looked like they were about to burst out laughing, correction they were rolling on the floor laughing and ruby had an adoring look in her eyes.

and so with this strange occurrence Issei became a local celebrity and with all the problems that entailed.

I think i'll continue this mini omake at some other time. I really wanted to make a dark souls reference but can't figure out where to place it yet XD Also i wish i was a better writer to give this hilarious plot bunny it due ???

6. megrisvernin

Is this good?

You shift your stance in the loose earth before launching yourself into the air with Monkey Leap Technique, the flash of heat on your skin & the singed edges of your hair the only signs of a narrowly avoiding a blast of fire from Yatagarasu. A sea of branches & leaves zoom past you as you arc through the air, until a great tree hundreds of feet tall suddenly fills your vision, & you twist in midair planting your legs along a massive branch as thick as your waist, the enormous momentum of your thrust bending it backwards. A bitter pungent scent fills the air as the surface of the branch cracks & twists but your attention is focused up at the raven only two dozen meters above you gathering red flicking flames around itself as it builds up for another attack. A feral grin crosses your face as the branch finally bends back shooting you through the air but instead of dodging you aim straight for Yatagarasu your body graying from the Adamant Skin as you suddenly pass through a beam of hot concentrated flame. A moment later you're through & you can see the white feathered Yatagarasu glistening in the sun's rays shocked into stillness at your sudden appearance before you smash into it, a tangle of limbs & claws tumbling madly through the air. The noble creature twists & struggles in a frenzy but as you invoke First Martial Arts Excellency it's unable to escape your grasp before its efforts suddenly cease altogether as you Bind it. Your howl of triumph short-lived as you both plummet towards the forest floor.

7. Gnarker

Gnarker Versed in the lewd.

Actually, seeing as it can presumably cloak itself in fire, it'd propably be better to jump above it and force it to the ground via (Air?) Dragon Waves instead of getting close and personal.

8. megrisvernin

We need physical contact to bind it.

We may be eating through Adamantine Skin more than once to avoid burning from its fire cloak.

9. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

We spend a few ticks observing it to see what it can do. If it lights itself on fire during that period I expect Issei would rethink his plan and come up with something else.

10. megrisvernin

Battlefield Interrupt. Point

Smuthunter is my stunt acceptable or should I cut it down?

I think its too long but as a text based roleplay I'm not sure how much shorter it should be.

11. EternitynChaos

EternitynChaos Once there was a Maiden...

it seems fine to me, ymmv of course, and I'm guessing if the actions stunted start to make no sense Alexander will shift things with Issei taking actions that do make sense, like only activating Perfect Defences when/if we are going to take damage from something, etc.

I can also see Issei remarking about seeing if there is any spell for flight after this /laugh. On a side note I'm not even sure if our Sun Raven friend is playing keep away out of reach so leaping about may not even be needed, but we will see.

after all, a stunts a stunt, not a battle plan

12. noahgab1133

actually isn't one issei's goal to fly?

13. megrisvernin

Honestly the jumping up the tree in the original plan wasn't quite dynamic enough for me & I wanted to give Rias a show.

Imagine Issei suddenly leaping 10 to 20 feet into the air, barely avoiding a fireball. He arcs dozens of meters, lands feet first & perfectly recovers on a tree branch that's bent back from the impact but he only has his cool gaze on the raven in front of him. The branch snaps forward but instead of dodging Issei aims for the Raven, running into a direct fire attack. Screams of horror & pain from those around him, even a few respectful comments by the former angels. Then they see Issei appear at the otherwise of the fireball alive & unharmed then smash into the raven, tumbling thim midair. There's a scramble as they fall, suddenly the raven freezes & they crashed to the ground with Issei pinning it.

When do we flare our anima banner?

14. EternitynChaos

when we hit 16+ peripheral motes used, but it starts building as soon as we start using something other then personal motes

15. megrisvernin

Niiiice. So our anima banner will probably be flaring by the time we attempt the bind.

I know we used it against the fallen angels but has Rias seen it?

16. EternitynChaos

think it was still at full mast *and boy is that an amusing comment to make* when she came with the high ranked guy from the Grigori. Also, we know MGLN, there is no reason we should put some time towards making a ranged Bind spell ala Struggle Bind along with any other interesting spells we can steal

17. EternitynChaos

honestly some charms I would really like us to get yesterday are Iron Kettle Body *lets us increase our soak by Essense + Resistance, for a whole scene or Essense + Stamina + Resistance for 4 motes extra on top of the cost of Durability of Oak Meditation*

also Invincible Essence Reinforcement which has the following effect
    Undertaking a grueling regimen of endurance training, the Solar folds Essence into his body until his skin becomes hard enough to turn aside blades. The Lawgiver’s natural lethal and bashing soak calculations become (Stamina + 3). This Charm may be purchased up to a total of (Resistance) times; each purchase after the first adds 3 to the character’s natural lethal and bashing soak.

With Essence 4+, the Solar also gains natural lethal and bashing hardness equal to the number of times he has purchased this Charm.

and finally Heroes Never Die
    which The prerequisite’s (Durability of Oak Meditation) conferred Hardness raises to (Essence + 5), and it may be extended to a duration of one scene by raising the cost to (6m, 1wp).

and yes, I realise some people want to get a surprise negator first, but I don't think its that much of a rush, no teacup ninjas here and all so its not a must have right away, I don't think we really need to worry about it until around the peace agreement at a guess

Sol Mark-1 likes this.
  18. megrisvernin

With the Ward penalty & the Snakes, being ambushed is a bit more likely than you think.

Okay with no objections I'm changing my vote to

[X] Open with a few Air Blasts using our peripheral essence to see what wind attacks do to our enemy. While we wait for our overdrive pool to fill up, use the trees for cover from ranged attacks and perform an Aim action to get a few bonus dice while we wait. When the pool tops out, climb a tree with Monkey Leap Technique and confront the bird in the air. When he attacks us, (1) use Explosion and boost our Dexterity to 5, (2) use Adamant Skin Technique to soak the attack as we leap through it, (3) hit the bird with a Bind spell backed up by the First Martial Arts Excellency. Bring it to the ground and pin it there.

Stunt

You shift your stance in the loose earth before launching yourself into the air with Monkey Leap Technique, the flash of heat on your skin & the singed edges of your hair the only signs of a narrowly avoiding a blast of fire from Yatagarasu. A sea of branches & leaves zoom past you as you arc through the air, until a great tree hundreds of feet tall suddenly fills your vision, & you twist in midair planting your legs along a massive branch as thick as your waist, the enormous momentum of your thrust bending it backwards. A bitter pungent scent fills the air as the surface of the branch cracks & twists but your attention is focused up at the raven only two dozen meters above you gathering red flicking flames around itself as it builds up for another attack. A feral grin crosses your face as the branch finally bends back shooting you through the air but instead of dodging you aim straight for Yatagarasu your body graying from the Adamant Skin as you suddenly pass through a beam of hot concentrated flame. A moment later you're through & you can see the white feathered Yatagarasu glistening in the sun's rays shocked into stillness at your sudden appearance before you smash into it, a tangle of limbs & claws tumbling madly through the air. The noble creature twists & struggles in a frenzy but as you invoke First Martial Arts Excellency it's unable to escape your grasp before its efforts suddenly cease altogether as you Bind it. Your howl of is triumph short-lived as you both plummet towards the forest floor.

[X] Smuthunter+Megris stunt

19. EternitynChaos

20. megrisvernin

As I reread the quest I'm planning on noting all the places in public where Issei has luck with women. Either them finding him attractive, him showing off or if a guy was watching they would think Issei was being successful.

I like the idea of another idiot brigade tracking Issei, noting all of these occurrences in an online entry. Instead of an alien, they think Issei's a robot. Japan's low birth rate is all a plot by robots to slowly depopulate the country & Issei is just their newest, most effective variation. Akeno's original fray did manage to hypnotize & convince all of the guys that Issei isn't an alien, but unfortunately one of them made their notations in a google docs entry & upon reading it & observing Issei figured out their memory has been erased. Now dozens of guys throughout the school have apps & links to a massive shared documents where they add their observations & not the actions of one Issei.

It's only through Akeno's constant efforts that Issei doesn't have his day ruined by their attempts to sabotage or interfere in his efforts to meet with hot girls. So an ongoing Omake I'll make "files" for as I reread.

Some of the stuff will be reconstructed. Someone will find online posts they made about Issei with a hot date even though Raynore's identity was soon covered up in canon. Then a mysterious girl matching a photo they took over her, but with a different name shows up. Clear evidence of the robot agenda...

21. EmpirePlayer

EmpirePlayer Anyone need some chaos?

You know, first thing that popped up in my head when I read Yatagarasu was Okuu.
    Then I remembered that she was a hell raven.

Also Kudos to Alex for writing such an entertaining quest, and Smuthunter and Megris for all teh plans.

22. Brandark

Brandark Not too sore, are you?

23. Diller

Diller Versed in the lewd.

24. ZipLopz

ZipLopz Know what you're doing yet?

Bird fight go!

25. Grosstoad

Grosstoad Whimsical Paranoid Creeper

Huh, no non-DxD-Undine water familiar option?

26. megrisvernin

What's Valor in Exalted mechanics? Personal Honor & Glory?

It would be the most relevant of the four virtues to use here & at 3, it's the second highest count after Compassion with 5)

Sort of tempted to channel it for the boost. A badass familiar feels like it might be worth it.

27. EternitynChaos

Joy of battle would be a good way to describe it. also we could use Compassion for defence *because it would upset Asia and the others if we got hurt*

28. Selias

Selias Well worn.

Of course not. This is the DxD universe.

29. megrisvernin

If we were being hunted sure. But we're answering his call for battle openly. He would have to not less us withdraw to use compassion in that way.

30. megrisvernin

Doing a vote count. Grosstoad, Selias do you have a preference for your vote? Smuthunter do you support having my stunt with your plan?