1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

I will become God-Harem King of the World! [Highschool DxD/Exalted] (CLOSED)

Discussion in 'Questing' started by Alexander, Jan 23, 2014.

1. megrisvernin

megrisvernin Connoisseur.

Dem rolls. That's...6 successes. Ouch Ouch.

:O. Wow didn't think we'd need that. I more or less added it because it seemed cool at the time & stylish. Also always good to add a fail condition into stunts. Glad it paid off.

Whirlwind Sprint is fine.

Admantine Skin is 8 motes anyways. Tanking it would be expensive yo.

...I take it that we're moving to the next part of the stunt & moving immediately for a takedown?

Makes sense. With the rolls this little critter is throwing out we don't have time for ranged attacked.

On a side note Alexander if we manage to bind him can he escape? I didn't get a good feel mechanically how we should treat it a binding that connects.

I doubt understand mote calculations well Alexander but if a binding shuts him down, feel free to dump as many our motes into it as need be. I'm perfectly fine with Issei breaking an arm falling from that height if it means we can walk away victorious. Hell with how awesome this is. I'm partial to channel Valor & spending a willpoint. This dragon has the luck of the dice gods! We need to act like any glorious Solar & cheat cheat cheat.

2. Alexander

Alexander That is not dead which can eternal lie

A clinch as a Speed of 6. If the first attack connect, the target's status switch to inactive. Every six ticks both participants roll ([higher between Strength and Dexterity] + Essence): if Issei rolls more successes, he keeps up the clinch for other six ticks. If Yatagarasu rolls more successes, it breaks free.

3. megrisvernin

Hmm. Thanks. Now I need to got to sleep!

4. BFldyq

BFldyq It's pronounced Be-Fled-Ick

7 successes.

5. megrisvernin

*Blink*

Truly this is a familiar worthy of a Solar Exalt.

6. Alexander

Roll for Air Strike. Flurry of 2. Adding Stunt 2

[blockquote]Rolled 10d10 : 2, 4, 10, 1, 8, 4, 10, 1, 10, 8, total 58[/blockquote]

[blockquote]Rolled 9d10 : 5, 10, 9, 5, 9, 7, 3, 7, 9, total 64[/blockquote]

7. EternitynChaos

EternitynChaos Once there was a Maiden...

hah, looks like we got our share of the Glorious Solar Bullshit after all

8. Alexander

First attack: 8 successes. 4 bonus successes, rolling four die:
    [blockquote]Rolled 4d10 : 7, 6, 6, 1, total 20[/blockquote]

Second attack: 7 successes. 3 bonus successes, rolling three die:
    [blockquote]Rolled 3d10 : 7, 4, 2, total 13[/blockquote]

9. megrisvernin

This is crazy

We got 6 successes from the 10s, lost 2 from the 1s, & gained back 2 from the 8s. That's 6 successes 2 from the stunt

This little critter rolled 7 successes. I have no idea what flurries do.

10. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

And now I've got Red Like Roses Part 2 running in my head. Go dice, go~!

11. megrisvernin

...Are those all of our rolls? I hope. A flurry means an onslaught of attacks right?

12. EternitynChaos

a roll of 1 doesn't remove any success it only matters if you get no successes then its a botch

13. megrisvernin

That's reassuring.

Still. There are lots of 10s floating around here. This raven must be our familiar.

14. Diller

Diller Versed in the lewd.

It certainly shares our trait of Solar awesomeness.

It is certainly making us earn the right to have it as our familiar.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
  15. BFldyq

BFldyq It's pronounced Be-Fled-Ick

The flurry was us. We got 8 successes on the first hit roll, and 7 success on the second.

Then in what I assume was the damage/control rolls, where we got 5 and 4 successes.

16. megrisvernin

Hrrrm.

Thanks for the Clarification.

17. Alexander

Rolling for Bind:

[blockquote]Rolled 11d10 : 8, 10, 5, 3, 2, 4, 9, 8, 6, 5, 9, total 69[/blockquote]

Walkir likes this.
  18. Alexander

Rolling for the falling:

Wits + Athletics
    [blockquote]Rolled 6d10 : 9, 1, 3, 3, 9, 3, total 28[/blockquote]

Walkir likes this.
  19. Lon

Lon Well worn.

The void we got from a building on top of a leyline we explored. The wind one was from Tomofuri's temple.

20. EternitynChaos

nope, void is a park, no buildings there at all

21. Threadmarks: Training Days II: A Not So Peaceful Month (Part 17)
    Alexander

[X] Smuthunter and Megrisvernin

I Burn
    ----

You shift your stance in the loose earth before launching yourself into the air with a combination of Monkey Leap Technique and Whirlwind Sprint, the flash of heat on your skin & the singed edges of your hair the only signs of a narrowly avoiding a powerful blast of fire from Yatagarasu.

[The critter has guts! I like him!]

'Please don't cheer for the enemy!'

With great grace you land on a branch at the same height of Yatagarasu, your instincts providing you perfect footing without the need of you consciously concentrating on it.

Using fire is obviously a bad idea, so you shoot two Air Strikes in rapid succession. The balls of pressurized air whizz towards the Sun Raven who takes flight trying to avoid them. When it becomes clear it cannot be done the bird raises a hastily made shield of fire, but judging by how its body is violently blown backwards with each impact it surely felt the force. Without doubt you managed to injure it.
    Yatagarasu retains control and narrows its eyes at you. You look back with a confident expression, one hand on the trunk and one on your hips.

{Wind is not a good choice to use against Fire. Beside some exceptions fire made with magic still requires oxygen, so I suggest you develop a countermeasure against future fire-users.}

'Duly noted.'

[BOOST!]

Your eyes narrow as Yatagarasu flies higher, putting two dozen yards between you and it and starting gathering red flicking flames around itself as it builds up for another attack.

You smile: this time, you are prepared.

[EXPLOSION!]
    You jump in the opposite direction. A sea of branches and leaves zoom past you as you arc through the air, until a great tree hundreds of feet tall suddenly fills your vision. You twist in midair, planting your legs along a massive branch as thick as your waist, the enormous momentum of your thrust bending it backwards. A bitter pungent scent fills the air as the surface of the branch cracks and twists but your attention is focused up at the raven. A feral grin crosses your face as the branch finally bends back shooting you through the air but instead of dodging you aim straight for Yatagarasu your body graying from the Adamant Skin as you suddenly pass through a beam of hot concentrated flame.

There is a collective scream from the ORC, and then gasps of surprise as you emerge completely unharmed a moment later. You can see the black and white feathered Yatagarasu glistening in the sun's rays, shocked into stillness at your sudden appearance before you smash into it, a tangle of limbs and claws tumbling madly through the air. The noble creature twists and struggles in a frenzy but as you invoke First Martial Arts Excellency it's unable to escape your grasp before its efforts suddenly cease altogether as you Bind it.

However, your howl of triumph is short-lived as the both of you plummet towards the forest floor.

[Partner! At this speed and height both of you will end with a lot of broken bones!]

'You don't say!?'

You grab Yatagarasu with your left arm and twist in midair, your right hand stretching out to seize a passing branch. It breaks, but it last enough to diverge your patch towards the trunk. The claws of Boosted Gear dug into the wood: your arm is pulled painfully, but you manage to slow your fall. When there are only six yards to the ground you jump and land gracefully.

"You sure brought along a crazy one Gremory-san. Where did you find him?" You hear Satooji saying as the group comes into view.

"I swear, how it is possible that when you try something, the more absurd it is the more it works?" Dohna shakes his head in bafflement.

"That was reckless Ise." Bucho chastises you. "What possessed you to jump straight into the enemy's attack?"

"A technique to negate all damage?" You answer as if it was the most natural thing in the world.

Rias opens her mouth. And then closes it. The same action is mimicked by the others.

"There are conditions, and it costs a lot." You roll your eyes. "More importantly."

You lift up Yatagarasu, who is still bound by golden bands of Essence, and look it in the eyes. "You are at my mercy. I can do whatever I want with you. Do you surrender, or do I need to force you?"

You raise a clawed hand.

The Yatagarasu stares at you for a few moments before bowing in submission.

"Good. I am going to free you: you will refrain from attacking anyone, and you will explain why you attacked me."

Two nods.

Satisfied with the answer you put the raven down and snap your finger, ending the Bind. Yatagarasu stretches its wings and limbs before taking a wings-propelled jump and landing on your shoulder. It caws joyfully before sitting down as if relaxing.

"...This is an unexpected development." Rias comments. "Did it choose Ise as its Master?"

Did it? That's an unexpected development.

"Seems like it." Satooji says with an interested tone. "Yatagarasu are proud creatures: they will not submit to someone else unless they think he fits all the criteria. Even then, one must have an exceptional affinity to be deemed worthy."

"Affinity? I suppose we both have an affinity for the Sun. Welcome into the band Yatagarasu." You smile and prepare to dispel Boosted Gear so that you can pet it.

[PING! PING!]

However, you are stopped when a strange sound comes from the jewels on your hands.

'What's happening?' You ask. On both jewels an image has appeared, two arrows pointing in different directions.

[Boosted Gear is trying to evolve. Looks like you unlocked a new ability. No, they are two. But only one can be accessed now, so you must choose which one you want.]

{Let me see that. Mmh. You have two options: the first is the creation of another Overdrive Pool. It will act like and in tandem with the other, but the motes from it can only be used defensively; the second is a powerful ranged attack, but its use fall into the purview of Archery.}

Both sounds useful, but like they say you can choose only one now.

[] Second Overdrive
    [] Ranged Attack

22. EternitynChaos

[X] Second Overdrive

Defensive Overdrive, All my YES!

Also, that was awesome, and Dohna seems to be twigging onto the fact that as an Exalt Ise now runs on Awesome and Rule of Cool more then anything else /laugh

23. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

We already have a list of things we need to spend EXP on to get combat-capable without adding Archery to the list as well.

[X] Second Overdrive

24. EmpirePlayer

EmpirePlayer Anyone need some chaos?

[X] Second Overdrive

25. Diller

Smut has a point.

Plus this way we can use our first overdrive pool for offensive or to boost our defense even more in tandem with the 2nd one.

[X] Second Overdrive

Also FUCK YEAH. We just got a Sun Raven as our familiar!

And we made everybody speechless doing it too. 8)

26. Eler0

Eler0 Versed in the lewd.

[X] Second Overdrive

27. EternitynChaos

nah Dillar, our current Overdrive is an Offensive overdrive, Defensive Overdrives are rare as hens teeth. as an aside, sometime in the future we should get survival up and get the familiar charm, Exalt familiars are basicly immortal after all, plus they can learn charms and act as mote battery's I believe. at least from memory, I'm flicking through my 2ed Core book atm so I may come back and edit this /laugh Also there is a charm in there that lets us talk to animals and such which would be useful if our familiar can't learn to shapechange

Prince Charon likes this.
  28. Diller

Huh your right. We'll then that makes it even more valuable.

Wait we can make our already badass sun raven even more glorious?

Bitchin. 8)

Actually does our Yatagarsu have a name or do we need to give it one?

We should probably ask it.

29. Walkir

Walkir Super Happy Awesome Fun Time On Vacation

[X] Second Overdrive

30. EternitynChaos

Awesome I was right, familiars can learn spirit charms, which include shapeshift to name one.

Found the information on them here http://exaltedhs.wikidot.com/familiars

also Familiars don't age and can't die while the Exalt lives, at least at the high end of the scale, probably 3+ once they turn into mote battery's shine

hmmm, wait that might be a house rule *googled it /laugh*, though its a good one that I hope we use here