1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

I will become God-Harem King of the World! [Highschool DxD/Exalted] (CLOSED)

Discussion in 'Questing' started by Alexander, Jan 23, 2014.

1. Brandark

Brandark Not too sore, are you?

http://exalted.xi.co.nz/wiki/Telgar/Familiars

Here you go.

Sol Mark-1 likes this.
  2. BFldyq

BFldyq It's pronounced Be-Fled-Ick

And that's an unofficial ruling. :p

It was just that Death's scythe's ability(super-speed), is similar to a technique Grim Reapers use, where they move at high speeds and leave behind a "shadow", throwing off the enemies ability to properly track them. Plus, they use Scythes.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
  3. Malcolmo

Malcolmo Insert custom title here

[X] Second Overdrive

4. Yzarc

Yzarc The Spark of Madness

[X] Second Overdrive

5. Brandark

How did I not notice that?

Looks like it's time to hit the sack for now.

6. Grosstoad

Grosstoad Whimsical Paranoid Creeper

Redundant redundancy!

[X] Second Overdrive

Or is that robustness?

7. megrisvernin

megrisvernin Connoisseur.

Alexander I don't think this qualifies. We've made a favorable impression, sure, but there doesn't seem to be enough...emotional intensity for that ruling to be valid in my mind. Plus again unofficial.

Sol Mark-1 likes this.
  8. megrisvernin

Updated Vote.

[] Second Overdrive
    # of Votes: 26
    Supporters: Prince Charon, megrisvernin, ZipLopz, The Slumbering Crocodile, overmind, Megaolix, staplesdex2, Mu-Sensei, Deathwings, MHLord, shadowward, Selias, Lon, Walkir, Eler0, Diller, EmpirePlayer, Smuthunter, EternitynChaos, Fellgar, Silversun17, noahgab1133, Grosstoad, Yzarc, Malcolmo, kinglugia

[] Ranged Attack
    # of Votes: 2
    Supporters: Brandark , BFldyq

9. kinglugia

kinglugia A Randy Avian

[X] Second Overdrive
    Hora.

10. megrisvernin

That's 28 votes. Most so far I think.

The last update with a major vote was what we were going to do on Sunday after the shrine. That had 23 votes.

11. megrisvernin

Looking back over updates I noticed you describe our original overdrive pool as

With this newest Overddrive Pool it's
    So our Booster gear is actually quite defensively built. It gives a stronger boost to defensive stats & has an entire Overdrive Pool which is just used defensively.

Sol Mark-1 likes this.
  12. Threadmarks: Training Days II: A Not So Peaceful Month (Part 18)
    Alexander

Alexander That is not dead which can eternal lie

Right. So old good "Social Link Method" is a go. You know, drawing power from friendship is something that fit an Exalt, so "Social Link Method" would make a great Charm.

[X] Second Overdrive
    ----

The ranged attack sounds great, but it would be unreliable until you learn how to use it properly. No, better to stick with what you know how to use.

'I choose the Second Overdrive.' You reply firmly.

At that thought the jewels start glowing brightly, green energy pouring from them and enveloping the gauntlets. Then your own golden Essence surges forth and starts mixing with the green energy. The scales shifts and a second jewel appears just below the elbows.

[Evolution!]
    "What just happened?" Rias asks, eyeing the change with curiosity.

"Boosted Gear gained a new ability. It's almost uncanny how it seems to fit my own Exalt abilities so well." You tap a finger on a jewel. "I suppose that my Exaltation made Boosted Gear weaker at the beginning, but capable of greater and faster adapting."

"Sacred Gears are mysterious things." Kiba comments, his eyes saying that he knows exactly what he is talking about.

Only... 'Ddraig, what was that green energy? It had your presence.'

[That was Dragon Power. Sacred Gears with a dragon inside them allow the user to draw forth it along the Gear's natural ability. That was leftover energy from my soul: normally it's sealed, but recently Boosted Gear has started to draw a tiny bit from it. It's possible it's starting to learn how to mix the two properly. Be on your guard however: overuse of Dragon Power will change your body to that of a Dragon.]

{Don't worry about that.} Bright reassures you. {There are Charms to remove unwanted Shaping effects.}

Oh good. Dragons are great, but you like your human form.

[We are shapeshifters you know?]

'Don't temp me.'

----

It took time, but after that unexpected encounter the Trio finally managed to find fitting familiars. Kala found a large python (that she promptly named Ekaterina), Dohna a wolf and Yuuma a little fairy. They perform the bidding ritual there in the forest, but you refrain since Bright told you that the method for an Exalted is different and more time consuming.

Eventually you go back. After exchanging goodbyes you leave, Yatagarasu still perched on your shoulder.

"Aah..." You sigh as you close your room's door. Your parents are sleeping, so an explanation will have to wait for tomorrow. "That was an interesting experience alright."

Yatagarasu jumps on your bed and stares at you. You makes a thinking pose. "Now that I think about it, I need to find you a name."

"This one's own name is Eiko ("Splendid Child") Master. However Master is free to call Eiko however he wants if Master so desires."

"Good to kno-What?!"

You stare in disbelief at the raven. 'Did it just...talk?'

[{It did.}] Your partners say at the same time.

Suddenly the raven's body erupts into light. When it subsides, in place of the Yatagarasu there is a girl with large raven's wings, wearing a kimono and sitting seiza on the ground.

[​IMG]

"It's an honor for Eiko to finally greet properly you Master." She says with a small smile and a bow. "May Eiko inquires about Master's name?"

"Ah, Nice to meet you Eiko. I'm Hyodo Issei." To find a Yatagarasu old enough to know how to change its shape and talk in both forms, truly this was unexpected. "Wait a minute. If you can shapeshift why did you do it only now?"

"It wouldn't do to show my majestic form to lowly devils." It's her answer.

You narrow your eyes. "Those 'lowly devils' happen to me my friends. I would like that you refrain from such comments."

"Hai hai. As Master commands. Master is free to associate himself with whoever he wishes." She replies with a bow, her tone, smile and eye's glint telling you that she doesn't mean a single word and instead find it amusing.

You sigh. "You're going to be an handful, aren't you?"

"Eiko will do her best!" She chirps.
    ----

The next day you decide to see Abe-sempai to discuss Eiko: while you know already the proper way to treat her advises from an expert are always welcome.

"Ohohoh!" Sempai greets you with her rich girl's laugh as she spots you approaching. "If it isn't Hyodo-kun. Since the last time we talked there was a lot of rumors about you."

"Such as?"

"One said that you're an alien. Another that you're a robot. Another that the President of the Gardening Club started grooming bushes with your face." Okay, that one is creepy. "There also talks about the formation of a fan club in your honor."

You facepalm. "How naïve I was, thinking that being popular was all good sides."

"Naïve, naïve." She 'tut-tuts'. "So, what bring you to me?"

You tell her about you went to observe how devils acquire familiars and how, instead, one found you. Next you tell her you came to ask her advices. She asks to see the familiar, so you summon Eiko with a magic circle.

You weren't prepared for Abe to literally prostate herself in front of Eiko, hands clapped and eyes full of stars.

"A Yatagarasu! A real Yatagarasu! A super-mega-ultra rare creature that only one Tamer among 10'000 is allowed to talk to, let alone own! Ah! Forgive my impertinence Yatagarasu-sama. It's a honor to meet you!"

"Hai hai." Eiko waves her hand. "There is no need to bow in front of Eiko."

"Really?"

"No: please continues bowing. Your bow is quite good."

"Yes!"

"Eiko..." You groan in embarrassment. "Please stands up sempai. Eiko will allow that. Right?" You glare at her.

"As Master commands!" She chirps before turning raven and landing in front of the room's only window to bask in the sun's rays.

Abe-sempai, who is now standing, is glaring at you with scary eyes. "You, who are you that a Yatagarasu-sama would acknowledge you as her Master? There is no way you're a normal Sacred Gear possessor."

"You're right. Do you know what a Longinus-class Sacred Gear is?"

You tell her the whole story. The Exalted part takes longer, but eventually she's convinced.

"So, you the famous [Welsh Dragon] rumoured in the business world who is also known as Sekiryuutei?"

She asks, her eyes taking a new level in scariness. If you are to define them, it's the "eyes of a dangerous collector".

"Ne, Hyodo-kun. Join the tennis club!"

"Eh? Wait a moment, isn't the club female only?"

"As a mascot then. Ohohoh, having a rare dragon would be the best indeed, with a Yatagarasu-sama included in the package."

She takes a step forward, fingers wriggling in a dangerous way and eyes shinning like a predator in the dark. You take a step back, eyes darting frantically to the door.

"Consider it. If you accept I will adore you!"

"A-adore me!?"

"Yes! I will definitely take care of you! It will feel good!"

Solars don't run away.

So you do a 'strategic retreat'.

----
    ----

"That was scary." You murmur as you stare at the cup of coffee before taking a sip. After escaping Abe-sempai's "attentions", and in the process leaving the school altogether, you stopped at a bar to calm your nerves.

[Why? Until now you handled girls' attentions well.]

'Did you see her eyes? That wasn't a girl having a crush on me, that was a fanatical collector that found a super rare piece and was ready to do anything to have it!

[Ah. I can't say I approve to be seen as just a rare piece, but I can understand the desire to collect and amass things you like.]

You raise an eyebrow. 'So the rumor that dragons like to hoard gold and other treasures is true?'

[They're shiny!] He says as if that explained everything.

It seems like dragons have simple desires.

"Excuse me, is this seat free?" Someone asks next to you.

"Yes." You reply, and see as a foreign man sits in front of you. He looks like he's around 20, has black hair with golden bangs and is wearing a yukata.

Despite smiling politely he has a "bad boy" vibe around you. There is no doubt he has great success with the ladies.

After ordering something he turns to you and smile. "Is this place good?" He asks.

You shrug. "They say their strawberry cake is heavenly, but I never tasted it before." You take a sip of coffee. "Did you come to Japan to sample the local culture?"

"No, that's a bonus. I came to see the Sekiryuutei."

'!'

You freeze. Slowly you put down the cup and raise your head to look the man in the eyes. "And...you are?"

He keeps smiling. "Azazel, leader of the Fallen Angels. Nice to meet you, the Sekiryuutei, Hyoudou Issei."

'Ddraig, on a scale to 1 to [bend over and take it], how much I am fucked?'

[Bend over and take it. Where 'it' is a freight train running 120 miles for hour.]

'Thanks for the mental image Ddraig.'

[] Write-in.
    ----

[​IMG]

Because I am evil like that and a big fan of derailment >:D

Last edited: Apr 2, 2021
  13. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

14. Lon

Lon Well worn.

Well, number one thing is not to panic. If we really are screwed, then whatever we do won't matter so we might as well see what he wants and then go from there.

Akuma-Heika likes this.
  15. BFldyq

Azazel is pretty cool, actually.

16. Alexander

Issei thinks he's screwed, since you know the one in front of him is super-strong and he hasn't any chance to defeat him.

However, those who read DxD can be assured that Azazel's character is identical to his canon counterpart.

Asdercol, TheWave, Nickballas and 5 others like this.
  17. Malcolmo

Poor Eiko, her reveal got overshadowed by Azazel. How rude of him. :p

18. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

Oh it's not Azazel that I'm worried about, aside maybe from the possibility that he has one of his weird inventions on him and that Shenanigans are about to happen. But we have the personal attention of faction leaders now, and if Azazel knows about us then Vali almost certainly knows about us too.

Pfft. We all saw it coming.

Briareus the Gardener likes this.
  19. Malcolmo

True. Though I wasn't being very serous when I said that.

20. Diller

Diller Versed in the lewd.

Oh yeah Azarael sense is a total bro and also a mad scientist who loves experimenting with sacred gears so he'll be very interested in ours since it's both a longius and mutating in abnormal ways.

Eiko chan is going to be a hoot I see and Abe reacted predictably lol

Oh fuck. We need Balance breaker YESTERDAY.

victor janus likes this.
  21. ZipLopz

ZipLopz Know what you're doing yet?

Good thing we just got that defensive Overdrive pool, eh? Plus at the timing of coming right before our rival who has Balance Breaker.

So, who's up for a mega bundle of Training From Hell? :notfunny:

victor janus likes this.
  22. BFldyq

Vali's unlikely to break ranks and attack us at this time.

Before I vote, what does Issei know about Azazel? It'll influence my write-in.

23. Brandark

We certainly went off the tracks by a huge margin. Right now , best course of action would be this -

[img width=600 height=375]http://wtmcclendon.files.wordpress.com/2013/11/keep-calm-carry-on.jpeg[/img]

If we impress him enough , this might work in our favour , actually. Azazel is the Sacred Gear expert in the dxdverse , and he is rather free-minded about handing out that knowledge to Sacred Gear users.

24. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

[X] Spend 10 EXP to buy two dots of Martial Arts

[X] You consider the situation for a moment. A being as powerful as Azazel wouldn't have bothered to confront you if he wanted you dead, unless he's one of those showy action movie villains. Somehow you don't think so, so you decide to continue running on the assumption that he doesn't intend to kill you.

"Likewise, Azazel-dono. I can't say I've ever had a chance to speak to someone of your status."

[You certainly have.]

"By any chance does this have something to do with that business with Raynare last week?"

Trooper1021 likes this.
  25. EternitynChaos

EternitynChaos Once there was a Maiden...

We already gave Awareness 3 Smuthunter just fyi

26. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

Right, I was wondering whether that price was right. It's five EXP for the fourth dot and seven for the fifth. That'll put us in position to buy up the surprise-negator next time we have EXP or to do into EXP debt to buy it as soon as we need it.

27. Alexander

His rank and status: leader of the Fallen Angels and head of their technological department. Personal history, personality and abilities are, obviously, not included.

28. BFldyq

Replace "-sama" with "-hakase" or "-dono", smuthunter. Do that, and I'll support your vote.

29. Mu-Sensei

Mu-Sensei No Work, No Life.

Look who is talking, oppai-man...

Oh, FFFFFFFF....

Plan Smuthunter.

[X] Spend 12 EXP to buy two dots of Awareness

[X] You consider the situation for a moment. A being as powerful as Azazel wouldn't have bothered to confront you if he wanted you dead, unless he's one of those showy action movie villains. Somehow you don't think so, so you decide to continue running on the assumption that he doesn't intend to kill you.

"Likewise, Azazel-dono. I can't say I've ever had a chance to speak to someone of your status."

[You certainly have.]

"By any chance does this have something to do with that business with Raynare last week?"

SoulofaGremlin likes this.
  30. EternitynChaos

EternitynChaos Once there was a Maiden...

Hmmmm, you know, I'd have Issei give a rejoinder along the lines of "Eh I had assumed a God-Empress of the Sun who was handed the Divine Mandate to Rule from Sol Invictus would rank a few more rungs higher then the leader of a group of rebels who got kicked out of Heaven because they couldn't keep it in there pants?"