1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Trials of the God-Harem King [Highschool DxD/Exalted] (CLOSED)

Discussion in 'Questing' started by Alexander, May 2, 2014.

1. Threadmarks: Training Days II: A Not So Peaceful Month (Part 20)
    Alexander

Alexander That is not dead which can eternal lie

Previous Thread

"Things were starting to turn serious. So a certain someone decided to turn serious too."
    ====

You're not sure if everything he said is true. But if it is, and all profit from it...then why not?

"Huh, well if I get the go ahead from the Gremory Clan I don't see why I can't help you out." You reply with a sincere smile, putting the number in your pocket. "Heck, there are a couple of other things I can think of that you may find interesting and should be able to help with, but until then nice to meet you Azazel-san. It's nice to know there's someone reasonable in charge of the Grigori."

"Ahah, I wouldn't do as well without my trusted subordinates. But thanks for the compliment. Goodbye Hyodo-san."

As he stands up and walks away something comes to your mind. "One last thing, Azazel-san. This Hakuryuukou. What kind of person is he?"

He stops and puts an hand on his chin. "What kind of person is he? I took care of him since he was a child, and let me tell you: the most fitting word to describe him is [prodigy]. He is someone overflowing with talent and intelligence. I can't get into details, but I firmly believe he is going to be the strongest White Dragon Emperor in history."

He grins in a strange way, as if he's both proud and apologetic about what he's going to say next. "He's also a battle maniac. He's obsessed in finding strong opponents, and he has reached the point where few of us in Grigori can give him a satisfying battle. He has great expectations about you, his rival."

You groan. "Sounds like a most troublesome person. Did he achieve Balance Breaker already?" Azazel nods. "Then tell him he needs to wait until I get mine, because there is no way I am going to seriously fight him without at least that. If you want to shorten the time you better prepare a super-special training for me to follow."

"So eager. I like it. I will prepare something just for you Hyodo-san."

After he left you lean back and calm down your breath. 'You heard that. Your thought?'

{This doesn't concern me, but from the history behind it this rivalry is bound by Fate. In this case you are destined to fight regardless of your actions. Regardless, any who opposed a Prince of the Earth will be swiftly and mercilessly put down.}

[Yes it's fate. I know Albion very well, and I know we will meet each other eventually. If what Azazel said is true he got a good host and a long head-start on us. We need to take your training up a notch partner.]

'I am not opposed to that, but I don't want to do this blindly. Tell me about Divine Dividing: what kind of Sacred Gear is it? What are its powers?'

[Divine Dividing is a pair of mechanical wings that let the user fly. It's powers are the opposite of mine: where I Boost and Transfer, he Divides and Steals. Divine Dividing has the power to halve the power of one enemy he touches every ten seconds and adds it to his own.]

'Nasty. It's a set of powers suited for a one-to-one fight, while mine is more suited to fight with allies.'

{As the Red Dragon Emperor. As a Solar you have a lot of options to defeat those who are technically stronger that you. I already thought of Charms suitable for the deed ahead. We will begin immediately once you return. The time for you to slack off is over.}

----

The first thing you do after returning home is calling Mittelt, Asia and Eiko to your room and placing a sound-muffling barrier over it. From Mittelt's face she was ready to make a lewd comment, but stops when he sees your serious face.

Once you're all seated on chairs you brought over you ask her a question. "Mittelt: this may sound strange, but do you know how Azazel, the leader of Grigori, looks like?"

"Azazel-sama?" She adopts a thinking pose. "I once saw a photo of him in a journal: he's a tall man appearing to be in his twenties, with black hair and golden bangs and a black goatee."

"So that was really him." You groan. You look them in the eyes. "Not even a hour ago I met Azazel in a bar."

As their astounded faces you relay the conversation you had with Azazel.

"I heard there were two Longinus users in Grigori, but I didn't know one of them was the Hakuryuukou." Mittelt comments.

"Wait, if what Azazel-san said is true does this mean that he personally knows Rias-san's family?" Asia asks.

"Fufu, Eiko smells a secret affair!" Eiko snaps a fan she picked up who know where. "There are rumors that the current generation's leaders of Devils and Fallen Angels are in a better relationship compared to what it was in the past."

"Rumors from where?"

"Why Master, from the Celestial Bureaucracy of course! The Shinto faction keeps a particular eye on the activities in the Underworld. Eiko was taught from the tribe's elders all about this sort of things."

And thank God she understands politics. You're more comfortable with small groups of people. "I see. If I really receive the okay from the Gremory clan I will accept Azazel's offer. I know this may be dangerous, but it would be worse if I don't accept: at least this way I will know what to expect. In any case, I will need to resume my training. Sorry girls, but my free time will be drastically reduced."

"Don't worry Ise-san. I understand. I have faith that you will not lose against anyone." Asia reassures you.

"If you have people gunning for you, you train. That's simple. And we will be happy to help." Mittelt smiles.

"If the lord goes to war, it's the duty of the vassal to follow. Eiko will assist Master in anything he will needs." Eiko grins and flaps her fan.

Later, when the girls leave you stop Mittelt. "Before you go, can I ask you something?"

"What is it?"

"This may sound strange, but can you tell me what your parents do for a living?"

"Papa and Mama?" She blinks in surprise. "Papa was in the military before retiring: now he's the director of a company that research alternative sources of energy. Mama is half-time housewife and half-time drunkard."

What. "D-Drunkard?"

She shrugs. "She's half-Oni. I don't feel the need, but she needs to be drunk for a certain amount of time regularly or she will suffer from abstinence."

'Thank whoever is responsible for this: God, Unconquered Sun or anyone else. I will make an offer to you tomorrow ASAP.' "I see. What about your grandparents?"

"Grandpapa is an archeologist and he often travels around the world. Grandmama is a full-time drunkard and a wanderer."

What a dysfunctional family! Still, she said her father was in the military time ago. So maybe that's the one Azazel is afraid of? Considering how they don't sound as strict as a typical Japanese family, maybe you don't need to worry about angry fathers trying to castrate you.

Just in case, you will be on your best behavior around them. Just in case.

----

After dinner you retire to your room. Sitting on your desk you write on a sheet of paper.

[Snake Gang]

It's been almost two weeks since you learned about them. You put aside the matter until now, but maybe now is the time to take care of it. While your time is limited it should be easy to take care of the gang: they're just normal guys, while you're and Exalt. But while defeating them is easy, tracking them down is not. You should ask Matsuda and Motohama's help, or whoever may looks like knowledgeable about things like this.

Pursue Snake?
    [] Yes
    [] No

[Magnus]

You're wary about introducing Ruby and Yang to Azazel, but he may be the best person to teach them how to use their Sacred Gears. Asia too.

Introduce the girls to Azazel?
    [] Yes
    [] No

[Exaltation]

Now, that's a conundrum. There is no way Azazel will miss that Boosted Gear is different now. This mean you will probably have to tell him about it. But if he is interested, you may even work together into reproducing Solar technology.

Tell Azazel about Exaltation and all that it implies?
    [] Yes
    [] No

[Evil Pieces]

You don't know if he will be interested, but maybe Azazel can give you advices about your little project.

Tell Azazel about your research on the Evil Pieces?
    [] Yes
    [] No

What else?

[] Write-in.

After you finish putting your thoughts on paper you focus back on your mental connection with your partners. Just in time to hear fragments of a conversation.

[...Sure about that?]

{My analysis don't lie dragon. It was I who perfected biotechnology. Integrity-Protecting Prana will serve the worm well if you decide to go with this training. I am not particularly enthusiastic about it, but I can see the benefits. Grave times call for grave measures.}

[Perfect!] The dragon guffaws.

'Ohi. What are you two doing while I am distracted?' You ask, fearing they may be up to no good. While you respect both of your teachers immensely, you are aware of their quirks.

[Partner! Just in time.] You can picture Ddraig grinning from ear to ear. [Say, want to be a dragon? Or better part of it?]

'...Explain. Then, I decide how long I need to ignore you.' You deadpan.

[I'm serious, listen to me. Since your body, albeit perfect according to Bright, is still human I thought of a way to give you an edge against other supernatural beings. The answer?]

A pause.

[Dragon Energy. My soul gives Boosted Gear its power, but it's also possible to use directly the energy within. Compared to powers like Demonic Power and Light Power, who are determined by race, anyone can use the power of a Dragon. But many don't because it's hard, and also because losing control of it means either death or your body transforming into that of a dragon.]

You pinch the bridge between your eyes. 'And you're suggesting this, why?'

[Because you, partner, can both master it in a short time and avoid getting turned into a Dragon.]

You blink. 'Go on.'

[I had Bright made some tests. Not only you are already proficient in the qualities needed to successfully control the Dragon Energy's changes, your Charm "Integrity-Protecting Prana" can protect you from any screw-up and instantly revert your body to normal.]

'So you want to turn me into a Dragon?' You ask intrigued.

[Just part it. High-level dragons like myself are shapeshifters: your body will look human, but it will stronger, faster and more resistant. Plus you will acquire some powers that will help you greatly.]

'You're okay with it Bright-sensei?'

{Shapeshifting is more the realm of Lunars and audacious Eclipses, but considering the nature of your foes every weapon counts. The only thing that will never change, is that you need to win. Always. Excel in everything and rule as the perfect king. This, is what Solars do.}

'Hai hai. So Ddraig, how I do this?'

[You will need to access the newly opened source of Dragon Energy in Boosted Gear and learn how to properly channel it into your body.]

Materializing Boosted Gear you sit down on the ground and assume the Lotus position.

[Now, follow my intructions...]

[] Stunt: write-in.

Roll: [Wits + Resistance] At the end of each hour
    Difficulty: 3
    Successes needed: 15
    ----

To celebrate the opening of a new thread, and your past efforts to make a 100-pages long thread, I give you a boon:

Bonus: 20 Xp!

Use them well.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2021
  2. Index: Character Sheet
    Alexander

Character Sheet

[​IMG]

Name: Issei Hyodo
    Exalted Name: Sovereign of the Radiant Scales
    Quest Difficulty: Easy
    Exaltation Type: Solar
    Caste: Twilight
    Motivation: To become a Harem King, a person worthy of the affection of multiple girls
    Battle Theme: I Burn
    Virtue Flaw: Imprudent Infatuation
    Anima Banner: A great western crimson dragon with scales of orichalcum, its maw burning with the cleansing flames of the sun.
    Anima Power: Solar Exalts of the Twilight Caste may perceive Essence through their Anima, allowing them to hone their senses for magic (this is considered a free-cost Essence Sight). By spending five motes a Twilight may add (Essence) automatic successes on any (Intelligence + Occult) roll to identify a Charm or to analyze it with Essence sight, and on any (Perception + Awareness) roll made to notice a magical effect or Charm. In addition, this supernatural perception easily pierces through deception, adding a +3 bonus to the Solar's Dodge MDV against unnatural Illusions. These effects come into play automatically once the Solar spends 11+ motes of Peripheral Essence.

Attributes:
    Physical - Secondary
    Strength: OOO
    Dexterity: OOOO
    Stamina: OOOO

Social - Tertiary
    Charisma: OO
    Manipulation: O
    Appearance: OOOOO

Mental - Primary
    Perception: OO
    Intelligence: OOO
    Wits: OOO

Abilities:
    Dawn Caste
    Archery:
    Martial Arts: OOOOO
    Melee: OO
    Thrown:
    War:

Zenith Caste
    Integrity: O
    Performance:
    -Presence: OOOO
    -Resistance: OOOOO
    Survival:

Twilight Caste
    -Craft: OOO (Earth, Wood, Water)
    -Investigation: O
    -Lore: OOOO
    -Medicine:
    -Occult: OOOO

Night Caste
    -Athletics: OOO
    -Awareness: OOO
    -Dodge: OOO
    Larceny:
    Stealth:

Eclipse Caste
    Bureaucracy:
    Linguistics: O (Indo-European Languages Family)
    Ride:
    Sail:
    Socialize:

Specialities:
    Defying the Established Social Order (Presence): OOO
    Eroge (Lore): OOO
    Sexual Techniques (Performance): O

Merits/Flaws:
    Selective Conception: The character has full conscious control on his own fertility. He cannot ensure pregnancy, but he can prevent any undesired one.
    Common Sense: The character has an inner voice that warns him when his present course of action is unwise or dangerous, a voice that sounds remarkably like that of the Storyteller.
    Ward 2 [Harem]: At the start of every month the character rolls to choose two girls of his Harem (those girls who have a romantic relationship with him). Then he rolls again once for each of them and based on result applies the following:
    10: Minor, easily fixed trouble (Example: Asia needs help shopping, Ruby found a minor evil spirit that needs to be exorcised).
    7-9: Minor trouble (Example: Asia got lost, Ruby accidentally showed off her powers).
    2-6: Trouble (Example: Asia got lost in a bad part of town, Ruby accidentally pissed off a local supernatural being).
    1: Major Trouble (Example: Asia is being attacked for her Sacred Gear, Ruby stumbled across a dangerous supernatural being).

Advantages:
    Backgrounds
    Contacts (Perverted Trio): O
    Contacts (Abe Kiyome): O
    Mentor (Ddraig and Bright Shattered Ice): OOOOO
    Backing (Gremory Clan): O
    Allies (Tomofuri, Kami of Fertility; Mittelt, Fallen Angel): OO
    Followers (Ruby Rose, Yang Xiao Long, Asia Argento, Shougo Kitsukawa): O
    Demesne: O (1 Void Aspect-Level 2 Demesne)
    Demesne: O (1 Wind Aspect-Level 2 Demesne)
    Cult: OOO (there are thousands of people that admire you)
    Familiar: OOO (Eiko the Yatagarasu)
    Resources: OOOOO (50'000'000 Yen and a solid income from your parents)

Familiar Bond Traits:
    -Immortality: the familiar will not age or die until its master does.
    -Sense Sharing: the master can share one of the familiar's senses (at a time) when the familiar is within 100 yards.
    -Telepathy: the master can communicate with the familiar telepathically, and vice versa, provided both of them are within 100 yards of each other.
    -Essence Pool: the familiar allows the master access to an additional 5 Personal motes when in contact with him.

Virtues:
    Compassion: OOOOO
    Conviction: OOO
    Temperance: OO
    Valor: OOO
    Virtue Flaw: Imprudent Infatuation (Compassion)
    Limit Points: [X] [X] [X] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]

Intimacies:
    Harem (Dream)
    Beautiful Females (Lust)
    Parents (Filial Love)
    Perverted Trio (Friendship?)
    Aika Kiryu (Friendship/Sex)
    Asia Argento (Love)
    Mittelt (Love)
    Ruby Rose (Mentorship)
    Yang Xiao Long (Friendship/Love)
    Occult Research Club (Friendship)
    Shougo Kitsukawa (Friendly Rivalry)
    Rias Gremory (Love)
    Eiko (Trust)

Essence: OOOO
    Personal: 20/20
    Peripheral: 42/49
    Committed (Personal): 0
    Committed (Peripheral): 7
    Committed (Total): 7

Willpower: 8/8

Soak:
    Bashing: 4
    Lethal: 2
    Aggravated: 0

Health:
    -0 [ ]
    -1 [ ] [ ]
    -2 [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]
    -4 [ ]
    Incapacitated [ ]
    Dying [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]

Combat:
    Join Battle: 6
    Dodge DV: 6

Punch: Speed 5, Accuracy 10, Damage 3B, Parry DV 6, Rate 3. Tags: C, N, P
    Kick: Speed 5, Accuracy 9, Damage 6B, Parry DV 4, Rate 2. Tags: N
    Clinch: Speed 6, Accuracy 9, Damage 3B, Parry DV -, Rate 1. Tags: N
    Boosted Gear: Speed 5/6*, Accuracy 9, Damage 8B/7B*, Parry DV 7, Rate 2/1*. Tags: M, C
    *Right one, left one

Join Debate: 6
    Dodge MDV: 6
    Parry MDV: 3

Dragon Knacks:
    Predator Reflexes
    Duration: Permanent
    Dragons are at the top of the food chain, and those who attempt trickery against them soon find out why. When an unexpected attack targets the user with this Knack but he fails to get enough successes on the (Wits + Awareness) roll to notice the attack coming, he instinctively defends himself with his highest applicable DV plus half of it rounded down. The character cannot preemptively attack his attacker or even shout out a warning to his comrades, as he's reacting to an attack that's already taking place, but he is much more likely to dodge or parry that attack. Nonetheless, the user cannot actually join battle himself until everyone else does after the unexpected attack is resolved.

Dragon Body Hybrid
    Cost: 1m; Duration: One day
    The user of Dragon Power learns how to change a limited part of his body into that of a dragon. He doesn't have to invoke every mutation whenever he uses this Knack: he can choose all or only one. The possible mutations are:
    -Claws: the user's hands acquires short but sharp claws (S:5/A:+1/D:+3L/D:+0/R:3)
    -Enhanced Senses: The user's five senses become unnaturally acute. He gains two dices on all Awareness rolls. The mutation is physically obvious in the eyes, who are slitted like a dragon and glow.
    -Scales: The user's skin changes and he is now covered in delicate but sturdy scales. Add 2B/2L to Soak. He gains one die in all Survival pools and he does not need to wear clothing to protect himself against the elements.
    -Wings: The user has a pair of wings with a wingspan of six yards and can fly. He flies at two times his normal running speed, ascends at his normal running speed and can dive at 10 times his running speed. He does not need to make checks to pull out of dives.

Dragon's Might Technique (x2)
    Dragons are eternal: not so easily are their mighty bodies slain. This Knack gives the user additional health levels. He may purchase this Knack multiple times, but no more than once per dot of Stamina. Each purchase provides 1 additional Dying health level and the following:
    -Additional three -2 health levels
    -Additional three -2 health levels

Deadly Dragoon Warrior
    Cost: 2m; Duration: One scene
    The user can shift into what the Lunar Exalts call the War Form, a monstrous amalgam of human and dragon. He gains several feet in height and increases proportionally in mass. Muscles ripple across his form, which has fearsomely long and sharp fangs and claws. He is three meters tall and has a wingspan of twelve yards, with a tail one yard and half long. When the user is in War Form he heals even faster: halve the healing time for all wounds save Aggravated.
    -When the user is in War Form he adds two dots each to Strength, Dexterity and Stamina. This increase can bring physical Attributes above five and only affect the user when he is in War Form. Any improved Attributes are considered natural.
    -The user gains all mutations from Dragon Body Hybrid plus: Bite (S:5/A:+0/D:+3L/D:-/R:2); Claw Feet (S:5/A:+0/D:+5L/D:-2/R:2); Tail, which is purely cosmetic.

Infinite Factory of Life
    Cost: -/2m/4m; Duration: Indefinite
    This Knack super-charges the dragon's healing abilities beyond anything it knew before. After purchase it allows the character to heal 1 level of Bashing damage every 10 ticks, this increases to 1 level of Bashing per 5 ticks or 1 level of Lethal per 10 ticks at Essence 4 and 1 level of Bashing per tick and 1 level of Lethal per 5 ticks at Essence 5. The character also gains the ability to spend power to enhance his healing to even greater heights: as a reflexive action he may spend 2 motes per level of Bashing damage and 4 motes per level of Lethal damage healed, however he may only spend a maximum of (Stamina + Resistance) motes every 10 ticks until he gains Essence 4 at which point this cap is removed.

Granting: "Touched by Dragon"
    Cost: 6m, 1wp; Duration: Permanent
    Those who Dragons favor carry a mark of greatness on their souls: this Knack grants the Merit "Touched by Dragon" to a person the character has a positive Intimacy to. Characters with this Merit finds themselves at ease interacting with Dragons, and vice versa. When those who have the Merit "Touched by Dragon" channels or rolls one virtue, selected when they gain this Merit, add one die.

Child of Mother Earth
    Primordial Dragons were born from magma, the life-blood of Earth. This Knack permanently enhances the "Scales" mutation, giving the user an extra +4 soak against all fire attacks.

Lightning Sprinter
    Cost: 1 Willpower; Duration: One scene
    This Knack doubles the amount of distance the character can cover in a Move and Dash action. What's more, it negates the movement penalties a character should accrue for dashing through water or mud as long as the user began his Dash action on terrain with no such penalty and continues to perform consecutive Dash actions. As long as he keeps dashing his feet skim the surface of the water or muck like a skipping stone. If he should slow down or stop, however, he sinks into the sucking terrain to suffer the normal penalties. He may purchase this Knack multiple times, but no more than once per dot of Dexterity.

Charms:
    DxD Magic:

Devil Magic
    Proficiency Rank: 1
    Fallen Angel Magic
    Proficiency Rank: 0
    Weapons:
    [​IMG]
    Boosted Gear "Dragon Twins": The Red Dragon Emperor's Gauntlets
    Artifact: N/A (rating subjected to change as the Artifact evolves)
    Description: Soul-bound Artifact
    Quality: Fine (+1 to Defense)
    Form: Two gauntlets covering up to the elbow
    Speed: 5*, 6**
    Accuracy: +0
    Damage: +5B*, +4B**
    Defense: +3*, +1**
    Rate: 2*, 1**
    Attune: 7m, 1w
    Tags: M, C

*Right one, **Left one
    Lightsaber: Speed 4, Accuracy +2, Damage +5L/2*, Defense +1, Rate 3, Attune 5. Tags: O
    *Aggravated Damage against Creatures of Darkness

Description: a weapon used by Exorcists. It's a hilt that can generate a blade of light. So cool.

Armour: //

Experience:
    Current: 3 Xp
    Total acquired: 211 Xp
    Training Time:
    Intelligence: 16/30 days
    Strength: 10/30 days (1 Month completed!)
    Dexterity: 10/30 days (1 Month completed!)
    Perception: 0/30 days (1 Month completed!)
    Socialize: 0/6 days (1 Week completed!)
    Performance: 0/6 days (1 Week completed!)
    Charisma: 7/30 days
    Stamina: 11/30 days
    Wits: 22/30 days
    Manipulation: 12/30 days

Initiation to Terrestrial Circle Sorcery:
    Trial of Humility: Passed.
    Trial of Tutelage:
    Trial of Journey: Passed.
    Trial of Fear:
    Trial of Sacrifice:

Side Quests:
    [Magical Man Child Mil-tan] Conditions for victory: make Mil-tan a girl; give Mil-tan magical powers that satisfy her; do it before the time limit expire (Three Years)
    [Discover the secret of the Evil Pieces] -10m every day. Progress: 63.72/100%

3. Index: Main Continuity
    Alexander

INDEX:

I will become God-Harem King of the World
    Trials of the God-Harem King
    Tribulations of the God-Harem King
    Advent of the God-Harem King

Issei's Forces - Character Sheets
    God-Harem King - NSFW Stuff

List of important people in the story:
    Raynare. Human disguise: Yuuma Amano. Fallen Angel Devil.
    Yuuto Kiba. Devil. Sacred Gear "Sword Birth" user.
    Kiyome Abe. Human. Beast Tamer.
    Mr. and Ms Hyodo. Humans.
    Ddraig. Heavenly Dragon. The Welsh Dragon.
    Bright Shattered Ice. Elder Solar Twilight Exalted.
    Aika Kiryu. Human.
    Matsuda and Motohama. Humans.
    Rias Gremory. Devil.
    Akeno Himejima. Devil.
    Koneko Toujo. Devil. Nekoshou?
    Tomofuri. Local Kami of Fertility and Pregnancy.
    Dohnaseek. Fallen Angel Devil.
    Mil-tan. A...thing. Kiba's customer.
    Ruby Rose (Kougyoku Mizoguchi). Human. Sacred Gear "Crescent Rose (Death's Scythe)" user.
    Asia Argento. Human. Sacred Gear "Twilight Healing" user.
    Mittelt. 3/4 Fallen Angel, 1/4 Oni. Solar Half-Caste.
    Kalawarner. Fallen Angel Devil.
    Shariel. Fallen Angel. One of Grigori's Leaders.
    Yang Xiao Long. Human. Ruby's big sister. Sacred Gear "Ember Celica (War's Gauntlets)" user.
    Eiko. Yatagarasu. Issei's Familiar. Solar Half-Caste.
    Sona Sitri. Human disguise: Sona Shitori. Devil.
    Tsubaki Shinra. Devil.
    Azazel. Fallen Angel. Governor General of the Fallen Angels and One of Grigori's Leaders.
    Sayanomiya Kaoru. Human. Member of the History Compilation Committee.
    Grayfia. Devil. Queen of Maou Lucifer's Peerage and his wife.
    Beowul. Hero Descendant and Devil. Pawn of Maou Lucifer's Peerage.
    Shougo Kitsukawa. Heroic Mortal. Ex-gang's leader. Solar Half-Caste.
    Raiser Phenex. Devil.
    Ravel Phenex. Raiser's little sister. Devil.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2021
  4. Index: Experience and Training
    Alexander

Experience and Training

Favoured or Caste/Not Favoured or Out-of-Caste

New Trait Xp Cost Training Time
    Ability 2/3 Immediate/6 days (3+ hours for day)
    Specialty 1/2 Immediate/6 days (3+ hours for day)
    Charm 8/10 (Min. Ability) days (3+ hours for day)/(Min. Ability + Min. Essence) days (3+ hours for day)
    Sorcery Spell 8 (spell circle) weeks (6 days, 3+ hours for days)

Improve Trait Xp Cost Training Time
    Attribute 6/7/8* 1 month (30 days, 3+ hours for day)
    Ability 3/4 Immediate/6 days (3+ hours for day)
    Specialty 2/3 Immediate/6 days (3+ hours for day)
    Essence (current rating) x8 (current rating) months (30 days, 3+ hours for day)
    Virtue 3 Immediate
    Willpower 3 Immediate
    *(6 Xp to improve it from 1 to 3, 7 Xp to improve it from 4 to 7, 8 Xp to improve it from 8+)

Spells and Abilities from DxD don't follow this scheme and don't require Xp. They require a teacher and training time, that can be shortened with enough dots in an ability/abilities that resonate with them.

Bright and Ddraig are very good tutors, so they can reduce the time to train the stuff they knew best in life.
    Bright can use a spell to transfer knowledge directly from mind to mind, so the training time for (Attributes, Abilities, Specialties, Spells, Charms, Essence) is shortened to 1 hour per dot. Bright's rating in that trait must be greater than Issei.

Things you do during the game can count as training to related things. For example spending a week crafting things count as 7 days of training Craft Charms. Spending a day chatting with your friends counts as training for Socialize. Etc...

You can stunt your pure training actions, which will reduce the time needed for something to count as your day of training. Same goes for having a good teacher.

-------------------------------------------

DxD World's Magic Systems

Every Magic System follow a Paradigm: a core concept that define it. Spells that resonate with this concept are easier to cast (+1 to Casting roll and Target roll for every Proficiency Rank in it).

Sacred Gear. "Wish" Paradigm. Component allowed: all of them.
    Norse Magic. "War" Paradigm. Component allowed: Conjure, Damage, Divination, Energy, Enhance, Heal, Movement, New Power, Protect.
    Devil Magic. "Destruction" Paradigm. Components allowed: Control, Damage, Energy, Enhance, Metaspell, Movement, New Power, Protect.
    Angel Magic. "Blessing" Paradigm. Components allowed: Conjure, Damage, Divination, Energy, Enhance, Heal, Movement, New Power, Protect.
    Fallen Angel Magic. "Glamour". Components allowed: Conjure, Control, Damage, Divination, Energy, Illusion, Metaspell, Movement, New Power, Protect.
    Black Magic. "Curse" Paradigm. Components allowed: Control, Damage, Energy, Illusion, Metaspell, Movement.
    White Magic. "Cure" Paradigm. Components allowed: Conjure, Divination, Energy, Enhance, Heal, New Power, Protect.
    Fairy Magic. "Nature" Paradigm. Components allowed: Conjure, Control, Divination, Energy, Enhance, Heal, Illusion, New Power, Protect.
    Summoning Magic. "Travel" Paradigm. Components allowed: Control, Divination, Metaspell, Movement.
    Spirit Magic. "Natural Spirits" Paradigm. Components allowed: Conjure, Control, Divination, Enhance, Metaspell, Movement, New Power.
    Dragon Magic. "Might" Paradigm. Components allowed: Damage, Energy, Enhance, Movement, New Power, Protect.
    Runes. "Symbol" Paradigm. Components allowed: Conjure, Control, Damage, Divination, Energy, Enhance, Heal, Illusion, Metaspell, Movement, New, Power, Protect.
    Onmyouji Arts. "Purification" Paradigm. Components allowed: Conjure, Control, Damage, Divination, Energy, Enhance, Heal, Illusion, Movement, Protect.

The following arts are not considered magic systems, but they follow the same rules:

Ki Manipulation. "Ki" Paradigm. Components allowed: Control, Damage, Divination, Energy, Enhance, Heal, Illusion, Movement, Protect.
    Touki. "Ki Mastery" Paradigm. Components allowed: Damage, Enhance, Movement, Protect.
    Senjutsu. "Chakra" Paradigm. Components allowed: Control, Damage, Divination, Enhance, Heal, Illusion, Movement, New Power, Protect.
    Reversal Magic. "Reverse" Paradigm. Components allowed: Metaspell.

Spells

Spells of every Magic System are divided into Ranks. The Rank of a Spell is determined by the number of its Components:

001 - 025 Rank 1: kill a person, destroy a motorcycle
    026 - 050 Rank 2: Kill a Low-Class Devil
    051 - 100 Rank 3: Kill a Middle-Class Devil
    101 - 150 Rank 4: Kill a High-Class Devil
    151 - 200 Rank 5: Kill an Ultimate-Class Devil, decimate an army, destroy a city
    201 - 250+ Rank 6: vaporize a big army, kill a god, wreak a region the size of Saitama's prefecture (every 50 Components add +1 to Casting Difficulty)

-The roll to see if a Spell Casting is successful is: [Int + Lore + Occult + Essence]. The Difficulty is the Rank of the Spell, Casting is an automatic success if the Difficulty of the Spell is less than half of [Int + Lore + Occult + Essence].
    -If successful there is another roll to see if it hits: the roll is Dexterity+[Attribute](it varies depending on the Magic System)

-When casting a spell you take one level of Exhaustion Damage (-1 penalty to all actions. Internal Penalty) per Rank of that Spell. The is reduced for each Proficiency gained: IE Rank 3 casting with Rank 1 Proficiency inflicts 2 levels of Exhaustion damage.
    -This damage heals at a rate of 1 level per hour resting for mortals, 1 level per minute for Characters with Essence of 2 or more, and 1 Level per 10 Ticks for Characters with Essence of 6+.
    -Motes can be spend to reduce Exhaustion. The motes cost must be spent separately for every Level:
    -First Level: 2m
    -Second Level: 4m
    -Third Level: 6m
    -Fourth Level: 8m
    -Fifth Level: 10m
    -Sixth Level: 12m
    -7+ Level: 14m

Learning Spells

Extended Roll measured in days (3+hours for Exalt Issei).

Rank One. Requirements (Int+Lore+Occult+Essence) = 3, Successes 10
    Rank Two. Requirements (Int+Lore+Occul+Essence) = 4, Successes 15
    Rank Three. Requirements (Int+Lore+Occult+Essence) = 5, Successes 30
    Rank Four. Requirements (Int+Lore+Occult+Essence) = 6, Successes 50
    Rank Five. Requirements (Int+Lore+Occult+Essnece) = 7, Successes 75
    Rank Six. Requirements (Int+Lore+Occult+Essence) = 8, Successes 100

Proficiency

Rank One Proficiency. requirements (Int+Lore+Occult+Essence+Speciality) = 3, Successes 10
    Rank Two Proficiency. Requirements (Int+Lore+Occult+Essence+Speciality) = 6, Successes 30
    Rank Three Proficiency. Requirements (Int+Lore+Occult+Essence+Speciality) = 9, Successes 60
    Rank Four Proficiency. Requirements (Int+Lore+Occult+Essence+Speciality) = 12, Successes 100
    Rank Five Proficiency. Requirements (Int+Lore+Occult+Essnece+Speciality) = 15, Successes 150
    Rank Six Proficiency. Requirements (Int+Lore+Occult+Essence+Speciality) = 20, Successes 210

-Specialties are for example, Norse Magic, Angelic Magic, Devil Magic Etc.

Components

List

Create Spells

Ask the GM. If you have a spell, and he approves, the GM will tell you the details of the Dramatic Action necessary to learn it.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
  5. kinglugia

kinglugia A Randy Avian

Hora.
    Pursue Snake?
    [X] Yes

[Magnus]
    [X] No
    -[X] But tell the girls about him and let them make their own decisions on whether to contact him or not.

[Exaltation]
    [X] No
    -[X] Only after the fight against the Hakuryukou will you tell him of this...that is, if he wanted to know.

[Evil Pieces]
    [X] No, unless he asks

I'll let you guys stunt the rest.

6. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

Pursue Snake?
    [X] Yes
    Get them out of our hair now while we have time to spend on them. Eiko can speed our search enormously by scouting around the city from above, in fact she can probably do this on her own while we handle other business. Once we've found the Snakes we go in and have a word with their leader whenever we have some spare time.

[X] No
    -[X] But tell the girls about him and let them make their own decisions on whether to contact him or not.

He's probably going to find out about them sooner or later anyways, and we want the girls to become as strong as possible as soon as possible. Still, this should be their decision and Asia at least may have some reservations about meeting him.

[X] No
    This is the crafting route, and we don't need or want crafting while we're still trying to get up to speed with our combat skills. Maybe later once we're better-established.

[X] No
    Right, let's go around handing out sensitive information about the devil faction's primary means of reproduction. This can't possibly have any negative repercussions!

[X] First Occult Excellency, Fists of Iron Technique {16 EXP total}

7. touhou ranfuku

touhou ranfuku Versed in the lewd.

@Alexander

Story-only thread when? That's what I mean the last I typed "Archive thread".

8. EternitynChaos

EternitynChaos Once there was a Maiden...

Pursue Snake?
    [X] Yes
    Get them out of our hair now while we have time to spend on them. Eiko can speed our search enormously by scouting around the city from above, in fact she can probably do this on her own while we handle other business. Once we've found the Snakes we go in and have a word with their leader whenever we have some spare time.

[X] No
    He's probably going to find out about them sooner or later anyways, and we want the girls to become as strong as possible as soon as possible. Still, this should be their decision and Asia at least may have some reservations about meeting him.

[X] Yes
    He's going to find out anyway. Best to come clean now, and build a rapport.

[X] No
    Right, let's go around handing out sensitive information about the devil faction's primary means of reproduction. This can't possibly have any negative repercussions!

[X] Stunt : As Boosted Gear forms around your arms power flares, green and full of pride and arrogance, Your mind clears and firms, the Dominion of Dragons is no challenge to the supremacy of one of the Chosen of the Sun.

Time flows slowly as Dominion wrestles with Excellence, neither giving way, neither surrendering, all the while you watch on from the quite of your mind taking note of how this new power flows and pools within you, and how you may direct it to reduce the strain it places on your body and mind.

9. Alexander

A story-only thread? I suppose I can do it.

Sol Mark-1 likes this.
  10. BFldyq

BFldyq It's pronounced Be-Fled-Ick

Pursue Snake?
    [X] Yes

[X] No

[X] Yes
    He's going to find out anyway. Best to come clean now, and build a rapport.

[X] No

11. Alexander

Smuthunter, and those who wants the First Occult Excellency, following EternityChaos's advice I decided that different magic styles uses different ways to roll for hitting.

Devil, Angel and Fallen Angel magic use [Dexterity+Occult] to target and hit.
    Norse Magic uses [Dexterity+Athletics].
    Black Magic and White Magic, being human creations, use [Dexterity+Lore].

For now know that every magic system gives bonus to some pursuits, penalize others and don't permit a few. Those that break those rules are super-exceptions like Odin and Ajuka.

Sol Mark-1 likes this.
  12. EternitynChaos

Alexander the magic we have been learning up until now from Akeno, is that Black Magic, or Devil Magic? I figure its Devil what with us learning the primer spells for Devils as it where but better to ask now then regret later and all

Also, is my Stunt workable or should I rewrite it?

13. darklord

darklord Versed in the lewd.

Pursue Snake?
    [X] Yes

[X] No

[X] No
    This is the crafting route, and we don't need or want crafting while we're still trying to get up to speed with our combat skills. Maybe later once we're better-established.

[X] yes

14. Brandark

Brandark Not too sore, are you?

Removed.

15. Alexander

Devil Magic.

It's workable.

Telling Azazel about the Exaltation is not a crafting route. You don't decide now that you will start building something, it merely opens up as a possibility.

Sol Mark-1 likes this.
  16. Yzarc

Yzarc The Spark of Madness

Pursue Snake?
    [X] Yes

[Magnus]
    [X] No

[Exaltation]
    [X] No
    -[X] Only after the fight against the Hakuryukou will you tell him of this...that is, if he wanted to know.

[Evil Pieces]
    Tell Azazel abou

17. Walkir

Walkir Super Happy Awesome Fun Time On Vacation

[X] Smuthunter

The notification didn't work, just as expected.

18. Deathwings

Deathwings Questionable French Guy

Pursue Snake?
    [X] Yes

[X] No

[X] No

[X] No

[X] Stunt : As Boosted Gear forms around your arms power flares, green and full of pride and arrogance, Your mind clears and firms, the Dominion of Dragons is no challenge to the supremacy of one of the Chosen of the Sun.

Time flows slowly as Dominion wrestles with Excellence, neither giving way, neither surrendering, all the while you watch on from the quite of your mind taking note of how this new power flows and pools within you, and how you may direct it to reduce the strain it places on your body and mind.

19. codeRR

codeRR Heroic spirit unkown

Pursue Snake?
    [X] Yes

[X] No

[X] No

[X] No

Ah, makes sense that different magic's use different abilities and attributes.

I forget but do we know what happens if we go full dragon? Would we be a humanoid dragon or full dragon like Ddrig?

[Edit] By that I mean would we have a human shaped body or a traditional dragon's

20. EternitynChaos

humanoid dragon, full dragon would be a botch *which we can reverse with ease before it takes hold* or a knack I would think

21. Brandark

Stunt:-
    An overwhelming amount of red energy bursts out from the boosted gear and surrounds you , trying to invade your body , mind and soul. Desires , impulses , emotions alien to you nature suddenly fills your mind. You want to see your enemies broken at your feet , begging for mercy. All the riches of this world, piled at your feet. And yet an unquenchable desire fills you. You need something more , something greater....

Just as suddenly, the invasion stops , and warmth feels your body. The feeling was.... It was like one of these cold and rainy days that leave you miserable and make you wonder whether there was any warmth left in the world , and suddenly the clouds part and the warm rays of the sun embrace you , and drive the memory of cold away from your body and mind.

When you return to your senses , you sense an invisible barrier separating the energy from your being. The red energy seethes about your body , and you can sense its intentions , sort of. It won't bow to your will , but it is willing to work with you , instead of against you.

22. Diller

Diller Versed in the lewd.

Pursue Snake?
    [X] Yes

[X] No

[X] No

[X] No

Stunt [X] You rest on your bed in the lotus position. Opening one eye you survey your room, windows closed with the blinds drawn & all potentially distracting devices turned off & placed away. Across from you in wooden chairs sit Mittelt & Asia. The fallen angel rests her enormous hammer along her shoulders with a bored expression on her face as she leans back, one leg popped against your bed. A few feet to her left, Asia focuses her attention on a novel she's holding tightly. You'd asked her to present to heal you if absorbing the Dragon's Energy placed some injury or strain on your body; you won't let misguided pride or arrogance place you in danger needlessly when you know others still depend on you.

Boosted Gear forms around your arms power flares, green and full of pride and arrogance, Your mind clears and firms, the Dominion of Dragons is no challenge to the supremacy of one of the Chosen of the Sun.

23. Larekko12

Larekko12 Connoisseur.

Pursue Snake?
    [X] Yes
    You've tolerated there prescence long enough they are a blight on this city. Expunge them and take your cohort with you.

[Magnus]

You're wary about introducing Ruby and Yang to Azazel, but he may be the best person to teach them how to use their Sacred Gears. Asia too.

[X] Tell them about Azazel and let them decide.

[Exaltation]

Now, that's a conundrum. There is no way Azazel will miss that Boosted Gear is different now. This mean you will probably have to tell him about it. But if he is interested, you may even work together into reproducing Solar technology.

[X] Yes
    He's gonna hack it anyway and telling him may let you learn more about how things interact and further species unity. And Craft route ain't that bad with a whole new system.

[Evil Pieces]

You don't know if he will be interested, but maybe Azazel can give you advices about your little project.

[X] Yes
    Didn't he work on this? And he's one of the primeer scientists here with his help we can push new boundaries and maybe even turn this project into something that may turn this ceasefire into a lasting peace.

[X]You begin to breathe. In down up out. In down up out. You breathe and drown out everything but your breath and the beat of your heart. And when those are the only things in the eye of your mind you open yourself to Ddraig trying to synchronise your heart beats.

[X]First Occult Excellency,3 Dots Investigation 9 xp,(17/27) , 1 Dot Athletic, Awareness,Dodge 9 xp (26/27)

That's checking from the Old Op. So this might be off a bit.

But that should flesh out things like figuring out what people think, tracking down those dirty crooks, not getting hit And casting.

Though we could probably stand to drop fists of Iron Technique in exchange for maxing many more of our actually favored skill and digging deeper into being a Blaster Master. Our favored skills seem to all but demand we be a lightning Juggernaut Spellslinger who's nigh impossible to hit and even harder to hurt when you do.

Edit Read that Wrong.
    Favoured or Caste/Not Favoured or Out-of-Caste

New Trait Xp Cost Training Time
    Ability 2/3 Immediate/6 days (3+ hours for day)
    Specialty 1/2 Immediate/6 days (3+ hours for day)
    Charm 8/10 (Min. Ability) days (3+ hours for day)/(Min. Ability + Min. Essence) days (3+ hours for day)
    Sorcery Spell 8 (spell circle) weeks (6 days, 3+ hours for days)

Improve Trait Xp Cost Training Time
    Attribute 6/7/8* 1 month (30 days, 3+ hours for day)
    Ability 3/4 Immediate/6 days (3+ hours for day)
    Specialty 2/3 Immediate/6 days (3+ hours for day)
    Essence (current rating) x8 (current rating) months (30 days, 3+ hours for day)
    Virtue 3 Immediate
    Willpower 3 Immediate
    *(6 Xp to improve it from 1 to 3, 7 Xp to improve it from 4 to 7, 8 Xp to improve it from 8+)

24. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

This is a reason to do it later, not when we're trying to gear up our combat skills for big fights against people who are a lot more powerful than us.

Issei doesn't know that, so this is metagaming.

It is. We spent some of that buffing our Martial Arts score up to 4.

Our spells are nifty but none of them are Solar-tier. Fist of the Daystar is the way to go for huge damage and close combat proficiency. Plus it has Heaven Thunder Hammer, so whenever someone gets too close for comfort we can knock them into the next district.

Sol Mark-1 likes this.
  25. Brandark

Telling Azazel about Exaltation is not craft route. If we want Azazel to train us , he at least needs to know the basic principles of how we work. We don't have to blab everything. Let's just give him a general outline.

26. Noctum

Noctum I trust you know where the happy button is?

Pursue Snake?
    [X] Yes

[Magnus]
    [X] No

[Exaltation]
    [X] No

[Evil Pieces]
    [X]No

27. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

Then here's a better reason: we just met the guy and already we're thinking about spilling all our secrets to him, stuff we didn't even tell Rias until we'd known her for a week or two. Let's give him the benefit of the doubt with one thing, and then when he proves himself trustworthy we can deal him in on other things.

28. Diller

Diller Versed in the lewd.

In fact we didn't tell her until after she saw us personally beat the shit out of Raynare with our anima banner flaring right behind us.

29. Brandark

Again , I am not proposing to spill all our secrets. Notice my wording. I want to give him the simplest , most basic outlines of our new power , of which he already has a vague idea. If we are trusting him enough to make a training schedule for us , we might a well trust him enough to give him the necessary information so that the training schedule is more effective.

30. codeRR

codeRR Heroic spirit unkown

True, I wouldn't let him near the boosted gear let alone my exaltation without knowing him personly for awhile