1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Trials of the God-Harem King [Highschool DxD/Exalted] (CLOSED)

Discussion in 'Questing' started by Alexander, May 2, 2014.

1. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

I'm pretty sure he's talking about the dev commentary that I posted.

This is the true nature of the sacrifice, unless I've seriously misinterpreted which post Alexander is referring to.

2. Diller

Diller Versed in the lewd.

You mean inner furnace since that's the stamina 3 furnace knack.

3. Alexander

Alexander That is not dead which can eternal lie

No I am not. I said that I read everything and I will take it into consideration. I thought it was explicit. If so let me say it clearly: thanks to all your comments I have now a better idea of the meaning of the Trial of Sacrifice.

FictionalFun likes this.
  4. Indrik

Indrik Getting sticky.

Typo. It has been fixed.

I realize that. My point was that the actual sacrifice is still typically presented in play as 'give up something the character values or is beneficial to gain sorcery' (even that quote merely further offers 'give up one of conflicting desires or a possible beneficial development path to gain sorcery' as an addendum) rather than the broader 'give up some character weakness (whether that be a bad relationship, poor personality trait, etc.) to gain sorcery'. That distinction is important in my mind, as it means the sacrifice is a decision to change the nature of the character rather than simply surrendering a benefit or other opportunity to gain sorcery. As that quote says, sorcerers are players; they should be gaming the system.

I'm not trying to be antagonistic, but what you said was, "Smuthunter handled the true meaning of Sacrifice well. I have nothing else to add." That doesn't particularly imply a wide-ranging source for the issue. I tried to clarify an important point that I felt Smuthunter's dev quote didn't adequately cover and it went unremarked twice despite explicitly calling for your acknowledgement the second time. If I misinterpreted you, so be it and apologies for any unintended insult (I seem to be somewhat more irritable and thus confrontational than usual today and it is unintentionally coming through in my posts to some degree), but I felt it was important enough to push.

5. Deathwings

Deathwings Questionable French Guy

[X] Plan Megris-Help for Tomofuri-san Only

6. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

7. Alexander

You didn't insult me, it was me who misunderstood your words. For that I apologize.

8. Alexander

Good news for those interested in the NSFW content. Check here (warning: NSFW content)

9. Human8130

Human8130 Getting some practice in, huh?

Is this a crossover with Campione? It'd be cool if Issei became a god-slayer at some point. Exalts are pretty much tailor-made for godslaying after all.

10. Mu-Sensei

Mu-Sensei No Work, No Life.

Actually is a mass crossover, but all series are being adapted to work on DxD world. So while History committee is here, Campiones are not a thing.

11. EternitynChaos

EternitynChaos Once there was a Maiden...

no, Alexander is however pulling in characters and such the fit the themes he is building, by and large this is a Exalted/High School DxD cross, anything else added is secondary, and Campione and god-slayers don't fit from what I can tell.

Ninja'ed /laugh

12. Silversun17

Silversun17 Connoisseur.

not a crossover, Alexander is using stuff from Campione to fill in roles canon DXD doesn't cover.

13. Alexander

Sadly no Campione here. Oh, welcome to the quest :D

Charisma 2 + Presence 4 + Compassion 5 + Stunt 2 + Excellency 6 = 19
    [blockquote]Rolled 19d10 : 2, 9, 2, 3, 2, 7, 7, 5, 2, 4, 3, 2, 3, 3, 7, 1, 4, 10, 5, total 81[/blockquote]

From now on tell me how many motes you want to use when using an Excellency, alright?

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
    Walkir likes this.
  14. Alexander

6 Successes.

Irresistible Salesman Spirit doubles all Successes!

12 successes!

Walkir likes this.
  15. codeRR

codeRR Heroic spirit unkown

Good.....hope it's enough......

Only 6? Could have been better....oh well

16. megrisvernin

megrisvernin Connoisseur.

2 better than we managed with Sona. It's a pitifully simple request. That being said we wouldn't be a true Solar if we didn't cheat & load the deck in our favor.

Alexander correct me if I'm wrong but we can spend 6 xp to raise an attribute from 2 to 3 immediately right?

I'm thinking of writing more REVEAL case files. Would you consider them viable for winning XP? They aren't drawn from any particular reaction of his classmates, rather the general disbelief & rejection of his classmates to the idea good things could happen to Issei.

17. Alexander

Only when you completed the training required. For some attributes it wouldn't take long, and you are advanced enough in the others that a bit of Training from Hell will complete them nicely.
    Sure, if they meet the requisites:

-A single omake can neat only 1 Xp. 2 if it is judged of exceptional quality: the other readers must agree too, and the post must be liked by at least 10 people.
    -A fanart is also allowed and follow the same rules.
    -Only 2 omakes and 1 fanart can be rewarded per IC week. You can post more, but you will not gain Xp.

Requirements:
    -The omake must not be from Issei's POV.
    -The omake must show other characters off-screen or their actions/reactions to something that happened in the quest. If it's in character and makes sense I can even can rule it as canon for the story.
    -The omake's length must be at least 1200+ words.
    -Grammar must be good.

18. megrisvernin

I'm interested in raising Charisma: We're at 7/30 Days. How do we do training for it?

19. Larekko12

Larekko12 Connoisseur.

Because of Bright we can basically raise damn near everything as a free action over night if we have the Xp.

20. megrisvernin

I'm a little interested to raise Charisma given our subpar rolls. That being said I want to offset the cost with some omakes I'll write.

21. Threadmarks: Training Days II: A Not So Peaceful Month (Part 22)
    Alexander

----

As Sayanomiya-san's finishes you place your left arm under your chin, allowing it to rest on couch's side as you clearly consider his words. You know far too little to commit at this time but you think being too dismissive might reduce the chances the History Compilation Committee might help in regards to Tomofuri-san or other matters. Beside, if there are really people up to no good you want to help, but acting too harshly can be detrimental. After a minute of silence you begin, your voice resolute but allowing some regret to show on your features and a sympathetic tone to color your words.

"As far as associations go, I'm afraid I can't make that decision at this time Sayanomiya-san. There's still far too little I know of the supernatural for me to be comfortable at this stage to make that commitment. The same applies to this investigation you're asking of me. While I know of the Fallen Angel, Devil and Angelic factions my knowledge of them is still cursory and I'd want to know about any independent groups or supernatural individuals I might interact with during this facts finding search. If you could provide me with this information on the supernatural world and either a means to contact you or for you to return in a few days time I'd be prepared to inform you of my decision."

He listens to your words, his face calm but his eyes are showing he's thinking intensely about what you saw. You pause for a moment as you shift your posture, leaning forward from the couch and interlacing your fingers together letting a thoughtful expression crossing your face. But before allowing Sayanomiya-san to respond you begin again.

"There is one other issue I would like to speak with you on though,-" You say giving him a reassuring smile. "It's a matter that I think falls squarely within your organization's purview. I've recently assisted a kami of the land, Tomofuri-san, in rebuilding his shrine. Sadly during the years it was in disrepair, worship of him as fell off and only a few shrine goers visit him. I convinced Gremory-san to help, but I would like to formally request on his behalf any assistance you can offer in helping to increase the number of people who attend and offer prayers to him."

"I see." He nods before his posture changes from serious to easygoing. "It's a far better response than I expected. You're right to be cautious, even if I assure you I'm telling the absolute truth." He crosses his legs and both hands on his knee. "Sadly I can't discuss the finer details until you formally accepted, but there is something I can tell you."

He frowns, obviously concerned. "The most pressing matter is Japan's Youkai activities. In recent years we picked up signs that they started flow together into organized groups, more probably under a single strong leader. Groups like those existed since the Edo period, but of those many have a long-time peaceful relationship with the Committee. However those new ones answer to no one but themselves, so you can image how worried we are that they could start large scale battles on the territory like the times of old."

So Tomofuri was right. "Couldn't the Shinto Gods take action?"

"That would be the equivalent of using a nuclear bomb." He smiles sadly. "The message of the Old Ones was clear: we have to resolve this by ourselves. There are other matters that need their full attention, and there would be grave consequences if distracted."

Harsh. Then again, maybe such measures are wholly justified.

"The second problem is of pure human nature." He grimaces. "Since ancient times Japan hosts a great number of humans born with special powers, not only Sacred Gears, and families handing down secret arts. However, in recent times there were cases where many...disappeared."

"Disappeared?" You ask, your mind instantly going to Ruby, Yang and Asia.

"Yes. Not recruited by other organizations. They have a normal life and then one day they just disappear, as if vanishing into air. Since the circumstances are all the same, we believe a single organizations is recruiting in secret, or just plain kidnapping, humans with powers. I say humans because among those who disappeared there isn't a single hybrid, or people who used special techniques to extend their lifespan. We received similar reports from China and Oceania."

Now, this is seriously disturbing. "I know the Fallen Angels recruit people to study Sacred Gears, but this sounds like someone is creating an army!"

"That's exactly what we thought. For what reason, we don't know. But it would be enough to shatter the fragile peace we currently have."

He takes a deep breath. "There is another matter, a minor one but still worrying. There is a certain multi-national shadow organization that operates all over the world. Its origins and methods are mundane, but recently they started having contacts with minor organizations with similar purviews that dabble with the supernatural. Beside this, they are cause of concern because as a whole this organization has the power, if sufficiently motivated, to drastically alter current society. And they are showing a great interest in Japan." He tilts his head. "That's not surprising considering their main enemies have their main base here. Actually not much distant from here."

[Wow. This is a great clusterfuck!]

How right are you Ddraig.

"This...is a pretty grim picture you're painting Sayanomiya-san."

"And now you see why we need all possible help." He smiles wryly. "I will leave you a few days to think about your answer before contacting you again Hyodo-san. I will also submit a formal request to the Gremory Clan about acquiring your services via a formal contract. For the matter of the shrine, aiding gods is of course the very reason the History Compilation Committee exists. I will need the permission from Gremory-san, but it shouldn't take long."

He stands up and holds out a hand, which you shake. "It was a pleasure knowing you. I'm glad you're a decent guy. I hope you will accept my request."

"You need no worry." A voice suddenly says from nowhere. "Master does what Master does, but Eiko will do her best to show Master the right way."

In a burst of flames Eiko appears in the air above you, wings flapping lazily and an amused grin on her face.

Oh, and she just flashed you: she's wearing a fundoshi.

You could see shock appearing on the redhead's face at the sight of Eiko, and it stays here long enough for you to realize he wasn't prepared for Eiko's appearance before he squashes it and bow formally. "Forgive my impertinence. It's a honor to meet you Yatagarasu-sama. My name is Sayanomiya Kaoru of the Sayanomiya Clan, one of the Four Great Families."

"Greetings child of the Sayanomiya's. The one named Eiko is from the "Natsu-no-nagai Hane" tribe ("Long Wings of Summer" tribe) and she serves as a vassal of Hyodo Issei, the Red Dragon Emperor who also hold the blessing of the Sun."

"Eiko." You say, a hint of exasperation in your words. "Were you spying on us?"

Did she also time her entrance for maximum effect?

"Eiko did not such thing. Eiko merely performed her duties of taking care of Master's affairs!"

As you come to the realization that, no, you're probably never going to win against her you become aware that Sayanomiya-san is looking at you with a strange expression. "To have a Sun Raven willing submit herself to your service...I'll be honest, I absolutely didn't expect that."

"What can I say." You smile wryly. "I am not just the possessor of Boosted Gear."

"I've noticed." He replies, his expression now contemplative.

----

After Sayanomiya-san left you leave together with Asia and Mittelt to walk to school.

"It's a good weather today. Ise-san, we are playing softball for physical education today. It's my first time, so I'm excited."

"Really? Good luck then Asia. Do your best."

"Don't worry: it's fun. You will like it."

As the three of you walk together you happily chat about everyday things like normal students. Meanwhile the students who goes to the same school as you are looking at your group with intense eyes: some are showing disbelief, while others looks like they are searching an excuse to join you.

Well, that's natural. This situation will seem impossible for anyone who knows the old you. You, who was just an unpopular perverted student, are now a bishonen surpassing Yuuto that get along with two foreign blonde beauties and also the school idols. You're also walking to school with the new blonde students every day who everyone has been talking about since their arrivals. From other people's view, this is an unbelievable situation.

There were some students who confessed to Asia because they were like "If Hyodo can, so can I!", but they were rejected immediately.

Not that you would have let them anyway. You know the type of guys that goes to Kuoh.

"By the way Asia, Mittelt, are there any problems at school? Are you getting along well with other girls?"

Asia makes a smile which comes from the bottom of her heart. "Everyone is very kind towards me. They are teaching me a lot of things so I would get familiar with Japan. I also made lots of friends."

"They're good people." Mittelts smiles. "Aika-san taught me about a lot of funny things I didn't know about Japan."

Yes, you heard that right. After having sex with Aika-chan, you were worried that there would be tension between her and Mittelt.

Instead, them and Asia istantly became best friends.

You should be happy, and yet you can't help but worry. Why is that? Is your [Genre-Savy] sense trying to tell you something?

[The hell is a Genre-Savy sense?]

'It's a special sense that all avid readers of stories have, that let them predict the future based on logical patterns tested on past circumstances.'

[For real? Wow, that's amazing. But why I haven't heard of it before?]

...Gullible. Your dragon is just too gullible.

"Asia-chan! Good morning!"

"Good morning, Asia-san. Your blonde hair is shining today as well."

As soon as you arrive in the class the bald headed guy, Matsuda, and the guy wearing glasses, Motohama, approache Asia. These two are your friends. Kinda. Male friendship is rough anyway. Now that you think about it, you didn't spend much time with them in the last two weeks. Maybe you should remedy that.

"Good morning Matsuda-san, Motohama-san." Asia politely greets them. And then, they start getting emotional after being greeted by her.

"This is the thing, isn't it, Motohama-kun?"

"That's right, Matsuda-kun. Getting greeted by having a beauty say "Good morning" gives life to us from morning."

....Like usual, they feel happy with minor things. But until recently you were probably the same as them.

As you think that you raise a hand and block Matsuda's punch. "Good morning to you too." You say with false cheerfulness. "Is punching your friends the new trend when it comes to greeting them?"

"Hahaha. Ise-kun. I heard about it." He says while keeping up trying to hit you, and failing miserably.

"Heard what."

"I hear that you walk to school with Asia-chan and Mittelt-chan every day, right?" Motohama asks.

"What about it?"

"You! You actually know lots of cute girls, don't you!? Rias-senpai! Akeno-senpai! They are the "Two Great Onee-sama" of our academy, you know!? Then our school's small idol, Toujou Koneko-chan, and now the blonde beauties that just transferred, Asia-chan and Mittelt-chan! This is wrong! It's so unfair that I'm about to break!"

Matsuda whines while holding his head down. Motohama glares right at you through his glasses and it looks like he's about to shed tears of blood.

You briefly wonder what would they do if you present them to Ruby and Yang.

Probably an heart attack. Thus it's your duty as a friend to keep them from the grim reality. Grim for them obviously.

"Ise, I don’t think introducing a single girl to us will be a bad thing. No, I mean, please introduce us to someone. I beg you. Please."

Motohama says it while putting his face close to yours. He says it with a low tone, however it has so much intensity to it.

Introducing? Let's see: do you want them making a pass on Ruby?

Nope.

Do you want them making a pass on Yang?

For the sake of their continued existences, nope.

In other words, if you present them to a girl it will end poorly.

[Ehi partner. I have a suggestion.]

'Do tell.'

Ddraig explains his plan.

'Are you sure...?'

[Positive. This will be a great learning experience for them. They will become new people!]

Well, if he proposed it he should be very confident it will work. He is the one with thousands of years of experience after all.

You take your mobile phone out.

"Hold on a sec."

You make your two pals and Asia wait there for a bit, and then go to the corner of the room to make the call.

You talk for a few minutes, and at the end reach an agreement.

"Well guys, I found one person that's okay with meeting you guys. That person will also bring friends as well. This is the number. Use the mail first. That way, you guys will feel happier."

"Thank you!" Matsuda who was down on the floor until a moment ago grabs your mobile phone. Him and Motohama quickly copy the number into their phones.

"Thank you so much, Ise-sama! I will never forget this debt!"

"Yeah, let’s do a triple date next time! Just wait! We will also make a girlfriend instantly!"

The two of them are giving a good smile. It seems like they are experiencing happiness, or rather, the inside of their heads is on party-mode.

"So, what kind of person is she? She’s a beauty right?"

You answer while scratching your cheek. "Umm, yeah, we're talking about a [maiden]. That, I'm sure of."

"Maiden......w-wonderful.......that's really wonderful, Ise-kun!"

"Man, we just can't thank you enough Ise-sensei."

These guys are just pathetic. They keep on changing their attitudes. You just hope this experience will really help them.

"Oh Ise-kun. By the way, why is "Mil-tan" called Mill-tan?"

'I will like for you guys to ask him yourself. Even I don’t know the reason.'

----

"...Is there a reason for why you did that?"

"I want to see their faces after their meet that monster and his friends."

"..."

"..."

"..."

"C'mon! It will be hilarious!"

"...Whatever."

"You're not fun."

"And your idea of [fun] is juvenile at best, infantile at worst."

"...You do realize this means war, right?"

"Now this, is what [fun] is like!"

----

You hear strange noises from the recesses of your mind. Noises that sounds suspiciously like a battle going on.

What the hell are those two doing?

[] End of Part 1. Please wait for Part 2...

----

If you know Japanese and are of the opinion I horribly mangled Eiko's tribe name, you're probably right.

I used Google Translate. Enough said.

22. Carrnage

Carrnage Well worn.

Issei's crossed a line.

Ainkrad, Rakih Elyan, Mil and 13 others like this.
  23. Selias

Selias Well worn.

Yeah. Imagine poor Mil-tan, finding out that he's being used as a joke.

24. Diller

So to sum it up Youkai are gathering together mysteriously, Hero Faction is "recruiting", and we have a mysterious international organization whoose enemies live near us.

Clusterfuck doesn't even begin to describe this shit.

God I am so glad we picked Eiko as our familiar. I just love the way she acts.

Ddraig just had us introduce those two to Mil-tan and friends. Ddraig is a too much of a troll.

Hopefully this traumatizing experience will make this two into better people.

That meeting is going to end badly for everyone involved.

25. Mu-Sensei

Mu-Sensei No Work, No Life.

Poor, poor Mil-tan... setting Matsuda and Motohama on it its just cruel... Or we should at least have waited until we properly turned it into a girl.

26. Megaolix

Megaolix Moderator

Last I remember, that ended with them executing a double lariat on Issei in canon.

Can anyone blame them however?

Akuma-Heika and Prince Charon like this.
  27. megrisvernin

As Issei sat in the Occult Research Club Room he felt a jolt of pain run through his skull, & rubbed his forehead somehow hoping it would make the discomfort go away.

Akeno gave Issei a questioning. He shrugged noncommittally. She sighed before asking, "Issei you've been wincing a lot the past few minutes. Are you in some pain?

Well," Issei answered. "The dragon & god queen inside of my head are fighting each other in battle." Everyone else in the club couldn't help but turn to look at him. Their disbelief at such statements from him had long since whittled away. Still even for Issei this was an odd statement. "I mean," he continued. "I wouldn't mind so much if they weren't so loud about it.

As if on cue the din of battle began to build in the clubroom. T heclang of metal & a crashing sound of something of immense bulk moving. The noise gradually grew louder & louder till it became nearly deafening. "Oiii! cut it down some! Even my friends can hear you louts!," Issei shouted out.

The clanging vanished as suddenly as it first appeared & Issei spasmed, his right eye dilated for a moment before returning to normal. "So rude. Even when they do listen to me they still stab me for my troubles."

At the worried look from his companions Issei shook his hands reassuring. "I'm fine! Fine! It's just in my mindscape. Not psychosomatic or anything. Just hurts a bit to have Bright's Cruel Wisdom stabbed into my head. Even Ddraig was a bit irritated at being interrupted & actually got me in the eye. "

28. Diller

You know I was wondering if the two of them fighting would have any effect on Ise lol.

Ainkrad likes this.
  29. codeRR

codeRR Heroic spirit unkown

Why are we so cruel now? Wait....that's Ddrig so never mind :))

Wow.....I wonder why their fighting this time.....did Ddrig make a pass at her?

30. megrisvernin

A few possibilities.

Bright & Ddraig are fighting for dominance. Perhaps over a disagreement they have planned for Issei. Winner gets to proceed their preference.
    Bright is practicing a new technique or ability she'll give to Issei. What you thought just because she was in Issei's head she couldn't make new charms?
    Boredom.

Least Devotee and Sol Mark-1 like this.