1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Trials of the God-Harem King [Highschool DxD/Exalted] (CLOSED)

Discussion in 'Questing' started by Alexander, May 2, 2014.

1. EternitynChaos

EternitynChaos Once there was a Maiden...

Eh, I can live with that for Half-Castes, and yes, yes you are, Though Raksi and Ma-Ha-Suchi were always two of the three Luners I felt sorry for, along with Lilith

The golden king likes this.
  2. Adyen

Adyen Experienced.

Let's do this. Now.

Though Kaguya could be fun too. :p

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
  3. EternitynChaos

nope, nope nope nope nope nope, we chose Easy, not Hard => BOHICA

4. noahgab1133

noahgab1133 Don't you trust me?

lol as for the debate it was just two people arguing about it. If you find something funny please do try to include it. What you wrote made me laugh and i enjoyed it.

5. EternitynChaos

What noahgab1133 said, I'm not one for Tsundere or the sort of thing you see from Asuna in Negima, but I found it amusing

6. Indrik

Indrik Getting sticky.

While they have tragic backstories and are thus deserving of some pity for the people they once were, any sympathy is overwhelmed by their now being a psychotic cannibal sorceress (Raksi), a vengeance-obsessed serial killer (Lilith - yeah Desus was a huge dick, but she targets all Solars), and a genocidal mad scientist breeding armies of his beastmen children in a bid to replace humans (Ma-Ha-Suchi).

7. Alexander

Alexander That is not dead which can eternal lie

I'm still working on the way Boosted Gear Transfer works on objects. One of the idea proposed was:

"We can spend 10 motes to increase the quality of the item, or if making an artefact, spend (current rating x 10) motes to increase it's rating by 1(maximum 5)"

If we follow it, you can use motes to increase the quality or Artefact rating. Determining the benefits of doing it would be left to me, the GM: this way we can do it case by case, thus avoiding making rules to predict all possible scenarios.

Are you okay with it? If yes, please also suggest a name: I noticed I am not very original with them.

8. EternitynChaos

sounds like a good idea, as for a name, Transfer : Craftsmens Apothesis, maybe, can't say I'm much for naming things myself

9. Brandark

Brandark Not too sore, are you?

Not bad at all. But how about simply Apotheosis? It's short and sweet, and the meaning, which is "the glorification of a subject to divine level" is grand enough to suit a Solar Exalt. It's also an apt description of what we will be doing.

10. BFldyq

BFldyq It's pronounced Be-Fled-Ick

How about "I will snap this setting over my knee, young man!"

:p

11. EternitynChaos

Ya, that works. *cough* to Brandark I mean, though the whole Exalt thing can be summed up as your statement BFldyq /laugh

12. Brandark

That sounds like something Wynne from Dragon Age Origins would say, if she was an Exalt. :D

13. megrisvernin

megrisvernin Connoisseur.

I vote for apotheosis. I'm not familiar enough with Charms to do it but I agree with Smuthunter's idea of in-house social charms. We're interacting with a lot of factions & we could use an edge there...

14. The Slumbering Crocodile

The Slumbering Crocodile Sleeping in the mud

I am satisfied with these rules.

15. Larekko12

Larekko12 Connoisseur.

That's seems a bit expensive to be combat relevant. But with a little work over the night we can Artifact fives I think if over drive pools apply.

16. Alexander

Alright, how's this:

17. EternitynChaos

all the Transfer charms are powered by the Overdrive pools, just like the charm that lets us Boost our stats, and thinking about it, that abilities exhaustion after using it for more dots then we can handle even fits with the new version of the DxD magic /laugh which is amusing, I wonder if we can build up our ability to handle those boosts with training.

-Edit after seeing I'd been ninja'ed

Very nice, I'm guessing Sacred Gears count as Artifact's, and most aren't anywhere near N/A like Boosted Gear

-Edit the second

One question Alexander, would it be possible in the future to be able to get Boosted Gear to turn into a pair of bracer's, so we could use them in public *or when gang busting* without needing them to be big ass claws? note I'm just meaning the overdrives etc, rather then using them as weapons, them being Bracer's would kinda preclude that after all.

Just figured I'd ask

18. Brandark

I like it. The setup is good, and the case by case decision by GM will make it mesh smoothly with the storyline.

19. Alexander

Yes. For example the swords created by Kiba are Artifact 2, while a sword like Durandal is Artifact 4.

Uhm, it should be possible I presume.

20. Kelenas

Kelenas Experienced.

In regards to improving items via Boosted Gear, maybe just buy bonus-points for their performance - similar to how it currently works with attributes?
    Mundane items could be cheaper to buy points for/enhance (ie, motes per improvement/point), but have a lower limit for how much they can be improved, while artifacts are more expensive to enhance (ie, motes per improvement/point), but have a higher limit for how far they can be enhanced?

Should be somewhat easier to scale than improving the Artifact Rating or Quality of an item.

21. Alexander

How would those points being allocated?

22. MHLord

MHLord Why hello there.

Who would we have gotten if we chose that here?

23. Brandark

Probably Asia. >:D

She fits the outward image Raksi likes to project. And Alexander'd have this expression while writing.

[​IMG]

24. Threadmarks: Training Days II: A Not So Peaceful Month (Part 26)
    Alexander

"E-Etchì!!"

"Another tissue Beowulf-dono?" Akeno holds out a tissue with a smile on her lips.

"Y-Yes." The Pawn grabs it and sneezes loudly in it before tightening the blanket around himself.

"I'm sorry." You say for the umpteenth time, your body bowing at a perfect 90°. "It was my careless mistake that get you into trouble."

"Don't beat yourself kid." Beowulf grimaces. "Boss-lady was always this crazy. Every time we slack off when we shouldn't she makes her d-displeasure known. But never this strong! The boss pissed her off royally this time. Etchì!"

Rias massages her forehead as to ward off a migraine. "Then the next time that Oni-sama try to involve you in his hobbies, please refuse Beowulf-san."

"He's the boss. I can't just say no." He counters before sneezing again.

Feeling there is no need to apologize further you plop down on the couch next to Kiba.

"Say Ise." He starts asking. "What hap-"

"Answering that will shorten my life considerably." You deadpan. "Sorry, but she's too scary to consider disobeying."

"...I see." He cautiously answers.

[Phfew! That was fun!"] Ddraig's voice suddenly appears back in your mind. [What did I miss?]

'A lot. What were you doing? Where's Bright?'

[Sleeping I think. Ah, I'm hurting all over my body but it was totally worth it.]

One has to wonder what the hell those two think your mind/soul is.

[I have news that can interest you. Do you remember when I explained the Transfer function? I forgot to mention another trick to i: you see...]

You listen to the dragon's explanation. And indeed, what he says is very interesting.

"Kiba? Mind giving me a hand?"

"Sure. What do I need to do?"

"Create a sword. One with a special ability. Ddraig told me about a new way to use Boosted Gear's Transfer and I want to test it."

As Kiba begins forging the sword you materialize the Gear and starts the countdown.

"Here." Kiba hands to you a sword with a straight blade. "This is [Flame Delete], a demonic sword that uses ice to devour flames. But it only works if there fire around."

"Perfect." You grab the sword with one hand and, keeping it perpendicular to the ground, place the index and middle finger of the other on the blade.

The others stop what they were doing and stare at the scene.

You concentrate and activate the Charm. "Boosted Gear Apotheosis."

[Transfer!]
    Golden light pours into the sword, streams of energy rippling in and out of the surface like electricity. The appearance of Flame Delete changes: the hilt becomes more ornate and a sapphire appears on it; the blade elongate and over it appears a sheen of ice crystal arranged to form an exquisite pattern.

"...This all?" Koneko questions.

In response you swing the sword in the wall's direction. A stream of ice shoots out and soon completely covers the surface in ice, complete with spikes that are more like spears.

You flinch as Beowulf jumps back in fright.

Kiba stares. "...It shouldn't do that."

"Now it does." You return the sword. "The normal Boosted Gear transfers the accumulated power to an object to increase its power. My version directly change the underlining existence of the object, elevating it to a higher existence. This way you don't just have a sword that absorb fire faster and in greater quantity, but one who is better all around and a power over ice expanded to include generation and complete control."

"Akeno. Tea." You hear Rias orders.

"Oops!" You flinch. "Sorry."

"No matter, I was seated already anyway. And Akeno is fast." She sighs.

"So, what next?" Dohna asks. "Make raining? Transform lead into gold? Crapping pink elephants? Just how ridiculous can you get, you bastard?"

"Well..." You assume a thinking pose, your mind remembering one of Bright's lessons about Creation. "I am tempted to create a dinosaur that eat opium and piss heroin. Only, you know, without the opium and heroin and more with Coca-Cola."

They all stare at you.

You wave your hands in embarrassment. "I-I'm joking! It's only that Bright mentioned that they used genetically-engineered animals as a drug factories, and so I got curious!"

"You know, this [Creation] sounds more and more like a place where people know how to live." Kala whispers to Dohna.

"Bah!" He scoffs. "If it has more people like the brat, I am not stepping foot on it even if paid."

[] Wait for more...
    ----

Sorry I have to cut it short, but I need to do something somewhere else right now. I will finish tomorrow. Bye.

25. Alexander

Who knows? ::)
    I'm very tempted to use that as my avatar from now on :))

26. Lon

Lon Well worn.

Full Kubo?

27. Brandark

So, the sword Kiba picked for us randomly happened to be effective against fire, and our new-found power can make it more powerful. And all these before the Raiser arc, too. How convenient!

Go right ahead, if you want to. ;D

Yep.

28. Diller

Diller Versed in the lewd.

Naw we still haven't met the asshole Suoer mastermind who basically has been manipulating us our whole life from before we were even born.

"Coincidences" are fun aren't they. I'm sure Raiser's going to love all of these "coincidences" :notfunny:

29. The Slumbering Crocodile

The Slumbering Crocodile Sleeping in the mud

In all fairness, it's probably not permanent. So it may not be useful vs. Raiser, if Issei is unable to participate. Plus, they've already got three people with Holy magic, I doubt Raiser will be a problem (Holy is one of the few things that can halt Phenix regeneration).

Looking at the Artifact Charm, I don't see a duration. Alex, how long does Boosted Gear Apotheosis last? Is it a scene-long?

Akuma-Heika likes this.
  30. Brandark

We are a Solar Exalt. We don't do fair. It's boring, anyway. As Diller said, this type of coincidences are fun.

I wouldn't put too much faith on the fallen angel trio. They were fairly weaksauce in canon. They may have gotten strong enough in this quest to give Raiser's peerage some trouble, but I doubt they could take down Raiser, even with the three of them combined.