1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Trials of the God-Harem King [Highschool DxD/Exalted] (CLOSED)

Discussion in 'Questing' started by Alexander, May 2, 2014.

1. Eler0

Eler0 Versed in the lewd.

Maybe we should think about taking something other than -2 health levels? Maybe 2 x -1 and 4 x -4, also giving us a total of 6 health levels.

2. EternitynChaos

EternitynChaos Once there was a Maiden...

-1 levels are not worth it, simply because we can reduce -2's to -0 with smart charm and spell work; well that and an efficiency point of view anything less then 3 health levels is a waste of time, -4 wouldn't be bad but others didn't like the idea of taking them last time we talked about it

3. Eler0

Eler0 Versed in the lewd.

Maybe they'll like the idea more now that we have some -2 levels to stop us from falling to -4 immediately?

4. Fellgar

Fellgar Connoisseur.

[X] Follow Azazel's plan

5. noahgab1133

noahgab1133 Don't you trust me?

[X] Follow Azazel's plan

i like the experience point distribution. should be able to get us most of the knacks and we can buy and equip them when the fights come up hopefully.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
  6. megrisvernin

megrisvernin Connoisseur.

[X] Follow Azazel's plan

7. EternitynChaos

decided to try my hand at making the regen knack something a little more, worthwhile

the current version is this

Where as I was thinking something more along the lines of

This makes it useful, while not making it as good as the Luner healing charms and gives us more reason to raise our Essence quickly ^^

anyway, just thought I'd throw this out here and all before I crashed for the, err day /laugh as its just hit 7:30am here

Akuma-Heika likes this.
  8. Prince Charon

Prince Charon Just zis guy, you know?

[X] Follow Azazel's plan

9. Indrik

Indrik Getting sticky.

[X] Follow Azazel's plan

10. ZipLopz

ZipLopz Know what you're doing yet?

[X] Follow Azazel's plan

11. Deathwings

Deathwings Questionable French Guy

[X] Follow Azazel's plan

12. Least Devotee

Least Devotee Experienced.

[X] Follow Azazel's plan

13. Odysseus2099

Odysseus2099 Versed in the lewd.

Isn't this a shaping effect? Shouldn't Issei just reflexively activate Integrity Protecting Prana and lolnope it?

14. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

By some definitions it could be shaping, but they're most likely hitting him with an effect that applies external penalties to physical actions, which is within the realm of something a non-shaping charm or sorcery could do.

15. Odysseus2099

How so? I was under the impression "shaping" applied by default to anything that couldn't be blocked in more traditional ways. A non-shaping method could be turning up the gravity, though that would be ignored by environmental defense charms, for example.

16. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

Right. And Issei got shot by lasers that he could have dodged or blocked but didn't for story purposes.

17. Odysseus2099

A punch that knocks out the target's soul, that can be dodged, counts as shaping. Basically, anything that alters the targets stats directly counts as shaping as well.

18. EternitynChaos

...or it could simply be a training effect... you know, like it's being used for, no need to make thing more complicated then they need to be, and even if he could no sell the effect, why would he, he's here to train, not to show how awesome he is by lolnoping everything Azazel does

19. Fellgar

Fellgar Connoisseur.

Its probably just anchoring some altered gravity to his person. Not intrinsically a shaping effect that directly effects Issei, therefor it bypasses the Integrity Protecting Prana. Its stated why in the charm itself why issei would be effected by such a thing.

20. Odysseus2099

By that logic he would have stayed on the ground to tank the explosions and just stood in front of the machine guns. He was nervous before it hit him, and he had no idea what it did. For all he knew, testing his magic resistance might have been the point of the exercise.
    That would probably work, it's just from Azazel's "Those are special seals that put a great load on your body Hyodo-kun." it sounded like they were effecting him directly, not the area around him.

21. Alexander

Alexander That is not dead which can eternal lie

That's quite good Eternity. It's worth a vote:

Which version of Infinite Factory of Life do you prefer?
    [] Alexander's
    [] EternitynChaos'

He probably could have, but after hearing Azazel's explanation Issei decided to not do it since he needs the training. It's like "This is a dick move, but I am going with it anyway because being defiant will make things worse for me".

Anyway, a little interlude is coming. This should be fun...

Akuma-Heika likes this.
  22. EternitynChaos

[X] EternitynChaos

For some reason I feel the need to vote for this /laugh

Akuma-Heika likes this.
  23. Ubylkoen

Ubylkoen Not Ganondorf.

[X] EternitynChaos

24. shibosho

shibosho Ring-a-Ding-Ding!

[X] EternitynChaos

25. shadowward

shadowward Versed in the lewd.

[X] EternitynChaos

26. Indrik

Indrik Getting sticky.

[X] EternitynChaos

27. Threadmarks: Training Days II: A Not So Peaceful Month (Part 30)
    Alexander

Alexander That is not dead which can eternal lie

Interlude

In Japan, situated between the Nagano and Yamanashi Prefectures, during the year 1964 was founded the Yatsugatake-Chūshin Kōgen Quasi-National Park. There, between the Yatsugatake mountain range and Mt. Kaikoma, exists a valley that is near Lake Suwa. And in the middle of this valley exists a uninhabited but well conserved shrine called the Komagatake Shrine, situated at the base of Mt. Kaikoma.

However, very few are aware of the old, original name of the Shrine.

Hakurei Shrine.

Let's look closer, past the barrier erected many years ago by powerful supernatural forces, and you will see that the temple, the other half of it, isn't uninhabited as the other one.

"Reimu! Give me tea, da ze!"

It is much more worn down however.

"No donations, no tea. Go away Marisa."

On the shrine's grounds, there are three unique individuals.

The first one is a young miko with long black hair wearing a red and white shrine maiden outfit. Said outfit leave her armpits and skin exposed in a way that no proper miko would consider acceptable. Sadly, her ancestors were perverts and she herself doesn't know better.

The second one is another young girl with long blond hair wearing a very stereotypical black and white western witch outfit complete with pointed hat. She wears an apron over it, but that's her personal preference.

The third one is another young girl with long ginger hair, two horns coming out from them, wearing a tattered white singlet and a long purple skirt. She is also drunk, but that's a common occurrence.

As the other two argue over tea and sweets the girl with ginger hair, stare at the sky with a content face, her cheeks red as she drinks sake from her gourd that never run of it.

The idyllic scenes is however disturbed when a girl with black raven wings coming out of her back flies over the shrine and land at the entrance.

"Tengu Mail Service, here's to satisfy all your requests!" The girl adopts a cute poise before addressing the others. "Who is Suika Ibuki?"

"I-Hic!-am!" The ginger haired girl replies.

"There is mail for you!" She hands out to Suika a letter before flying away.

A large smile blossoms on Suika's lips as she reads who the sender is. Opening the letter she starts reading it with fondness. "Mh...Mh-Hic!...Ohoh, she is having fun I see. A Yatagarasu? Hic! Now that's not a lesser feat. Hic!"

"Someone you know?" The miko asks Suika while she is busy keeping the witch away from her kitchen. "I never saw you receive mail before."

"From my granddaughter. She lives in the outside world, so letters take a lot to travel."

"I see-" And then time stops.

No, this wasn't the fault of a certain perfect maid or a certain Nietzsche vampire. It truth time didn't stop. However, seeing how the two girls seem to have become stone statues it's like the time stopped for them.

Eventually, after long agonizing seconds, the two turn their heads and stare at Suika with perfectly stoic expression and pupils the size of saucers. "...Pardon me?" The miko asks. "I could have sworn you said you have a granddaughter."

"I did-Hic!"

"That's impossible, da ze!" The witch exclaims. "To have a granddaughter you...you...yeah! You need to have a child!"

"I have a child. A daughter to be precise." Suika answers as it was the most natural thing in the world.

"You have a daughter?!"

"I'm also married."

"You are married, da zeeee!?!?"

"Oi-Hic! What are you surprised about?" Suika childishly pouts. "I have a personal life you know? It's not as if staying here drinking sake is all I have ever do in my life."

"Then why are you here?" The miko demands.

"Free meals of course-Hic!"

As the witch restrains the miko, who now holds a Gohei and seems fully determined to murder Suika with it, Suika takes out a wallet from her singlet and show the contents to the other two. "See, see? Those are my handsome husband and beautiful daughter!"

[img width=502 height=600]http://i59.tinypic.com/dgoxed.png[/img]

[img width=600 height=598]http://i61.tinypic.com/1zek1vt.jpg[/img]

The two young girls could only stare, their minds failing to comprehend the sheer impossibility before their eyes.

"Is he a lolicon, da ze?"

"Why yes! How did you know?"

"Call it intuition." The witch deadpans.

"How-How did you give b-birth?!"

"With a lot of troubles." Suika grimaces. "I kept switching between constantly wanting to eat miso soup and wanting to eat strawberries. It was maddening!"

"That's not what...nevermind." The miko shakes her head. "S-So you're married. How did it happen?"

"Weeel-" Suika puts a fingers on her lips. "I was drunk at the time, but I think it went more or less like this:-"

*Flashback*

"Hic! Hic! Party! I want a party! There are only rubbles here! Hic! Give a party!"

*sound of something being destroyed*

"Noooo!! The ancient Maya Temple! You! What did you do? Get lost! Lost!"

"Woah. Hic! Are you picking up a fight with me? Hic!"

"I will if necessary. As an archeologist I can't allow for the priceless relics of the past to be violated!"

"Bring it on! Hic!"

*out-of-this-world battle*

"Y-You're pretty good you know?"

"Passion for my work gives me strength! I. Will. Not. Fall!"

"This is fun! Keep going!"

*another out-of-this-world battle*

"Aaah, aaah...I-I lost?"

"Aaah, aaah...S-Seems like it."

"Aaah...Ehi."

"What?"

"Do you want to marry me?"

"Will you stop destroying ancient temples?"

"Yeah."

"Then I accept."

*End of Flashback*

"-And the next day we had a big party to celebrate and I got drunk with a lot of very good eastern wines. Not as good as sake of course." She takes another long sip, completely ignoring the shell shocked faces of her friends.

"T-This is the most stupid thing I have ever heard!" The miko screams in outrage.

"Wait, he defeated you?" The witch asks. "Is he a Youkai?"

"Nope. Fallen Angel."

"Fallen Angel? You mean those guys from Christianity who got kicked out of Heaven because they had sex or something?"

"Yeah. He's a beast in bed." Suika leers in a sultry way, making the other two step back in disgust at the mental image. Ignoring their reactions Suika cups her chin. "Mmh...Now since Mittelt-chan is having so much fun, maybe I should give her a visit! Yeah! I will do that." Lifting the gourd over her shoulder she starts walking away. "Plus I want to see in person this Sun Dragon Demigod. Never saw one before. Maybe I will ask Yuugi if she wants to tag along..."

And so Suika disappears in the distance, leaving the miko and witch alone.

"....Sun Dragon Demigod?"

"Your guess is as good as mine."
    ----

The ritual to make Eiko Issei's familiar was brought to completion for the cost of 3 Xp. Check the results here.

28. EternitynChaos

I... I... Ieieie this will only end in tears, and FIRE, and BLOOD and oh god WHY!

still nice Interlude, always fun to see what's happening out in the world, I have this distinct impression that we are going to get stuck with a unwanted lodger or two huh /laugh

29. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

So when our friend in the Shinto pantheon* is talking about Japan having problems with the youkai population is he also talking aboGAPPED

*(Oh shit, is he going to try to get back to us while we're stuck doing Azazel's training?)

Prince Charon likes this.
  30. Dimensionist

Dimensionist Grand Master of Apologism, Keeper of the Faith

:facepalm:

Alex, why are you crossing this with pretty much everything? I mean, seriously. It's just getting ridiculous now.