1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Trials of the God-Harem King [Highschool DxD/Exalted] (CLOSED)

Discussion in 'Questing' started by Alexander, May 2, 2014.

1. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

Whether we can do something about it or not isn't the point. The interlude is foreshadowing an upcoming conflict with Bright so it doesn't come across as a random ass-pull when it eventually happens. This is a pretty basic technique in literature.

2. Alexander

Alexander That is not dead which can eternal lie

? You sure? I'm looking at it and, no, I clearly changed it.

3. Alexander

Uhm, not that I can think of at the moment. I think not.

That would be awesome :D . I suggest the Infernal Manual and Broken Winged Crane for that. In Shards of the Exalted Dream there are also the Charms (including a Shintai) for Theion, who was Malfeas before becoming a Yozi.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
  4. Gnarker

Gnarker Versed in the lewd.

After several hors spent futilely trawling the internet for the rules of Devil-Tyrant Avatar Shintai I'm afraid I'll have to finally concede defeat, go from memory, and leave the numerical values for someone else to fill in. It'll need to be hammered into shape some by someone who actually knows what he's doing anyway. If I forgot any part of DTAS (boost to Green Sun Nimbus Flare maybe? Like I said, I forgot.), please someone say so.

Supreme Radiance Shintai
    The Exalt chooses dragon-themed Mutations and appropriate Dragon Knacks analogous to Devil-Tyrant Avatar Shintai. Of these, he has to first fill up the basic physical traits of a dragon form (claws, scales, wings, a tail, as well as at least one level of increased size per point of essence. Should he at a later point receive one of these mutations or knacks separate from Supreme Radiance Shintai, he may remove it from this list and replace it with something else, as long as the separate purchase does not require a shapeshifting effect to appear.

When this charm is activated, the Exalt transforms into 'A great western crimson dragon with scales of orichalcum, its maw burning with the cleansing flames of the sun.', assuming all of the previously chosen Mutations and Knacks. His Anima flares, and assumes red and golden coloration like a Solar's. Armor and Weapons interact as they would with Lunar Shapeshifting, i.e. they vanish should they stop fitting unless they're made from Moonsilver or are a part of Boosted Gear.

Additionally, anyone seeing the Shintai for the first time in a scene has to resist the Exalt's Presence or develop an Intimacy towards him: Terror (for those who oppose him or threaten an innocent or something that is his, etc.), Love, Adoration, or Fan-Like Worship (for those with a compatible orientation), respectively Awe, Respect, Loyalty, or Friendship (everyone else). A special case are those who are both enemies of the Exalt and capable of loving him; They develop two intimacies, one of Love or something similar towards the Exalt, another of Guilt or Shame towards themselves.

Anything else (cost, keywords, duration, etc.) is largely similar to the Devil-Tyrant Avatar Shintai, including analogous prerequisites and upgrade charms.

5. Alexander

Found it:
    There is also this from Shards of the Exalted Dream. Malfeas before falling:

6. Gnarker

Gnarker Versed in the lewd.

Thanks! Where, if I might ask? The Theion Charms I've actually found: http://ninjasensei.wikidot.com/yozi:theion, unfortunately the site doesn't seem to have the entire Malfean Shintai Charm Tree.
    Also, I could've sworn there was some kind of Mental Influence Component to that Shintai, but I guess that was the Greater Malfeas Shintai then. Could you please post that and By Rage Recast too?

7. Alexander

Ink Monkeys Collection. I was lucky while searching.

Greater Malfeas Shintai? I think you mean Demon Emperor Shintai:

8. kinglugia

kinglugia A Randy Avian

Alexander.
    Can I...ah...try making some custom MA for Issei?
    If yes, can you PM me something to work with?
    (And I might need to make some spells just because)

9. Alexander

Sure. What kind of MA are you interested into? The general theme is sufficient.

10. kinglugia

kinglugia A Randy Avian

Well...given Issei has played Monster Girl Quest (all three, as per my headcanon), as well as certain harem genre anime/LN/manga (such as FSN, Campione and SAO), I say create a form of MA that is inspired by them.

But what I truly wanted to recrea- no, improve upon is Luka's Demon Sword Skills. Such interesting attacks, yet we can only get one per turn. Now that we have combos and flurries, I believe that I can either make custom Melee charms or create a whole new MA style that can be used with swords.

And considering that with the exception of Wood, I have such ideas on how to utilize the elements of Monster Girl Quest.

Kufufufu, those silly Dragon-Blooded will get lotsa aneurysms on our brand of Glorious Solar Bullshit. Especially when we have Bright Shattered Ice to tell us on DB Celestial MA.

Oh, the fun I can do with them!

11. EternitynChaos

EternitynChaos Once there was a Maiden...

Sadly we probably have to reinvent the wheel when it comes to the Elemental Dragon Styles, as they were not around in the First Age

12. Alexander

Gotcha. I will see what I can provide. Just one thing: there aren't DB Celestial MA, they are all Terrestrial.

13. kinglugia

kinglugia A Randy Avian

-_-
    Fire, Water, Earth, Air and Wood Dragon Styles beg to differ.

Akuma-Heika likes this.
  14. EternitynChaos

I think he's meaning they are not Native charms, like Solar Hero, Fist of the Day Star and other such styles are, in other words, Celestial MA, yes, DB, no

15. Alexander

Uh, I forgot about those. Still, all DB needs to undergo initiation before they can learn them.

16. kinglugia

kinglugia A Randy Avian

Ah, I see what you mean.

17. EternitynChaos

It's all right Alexander, its not like DragonBlooded are real Exalts anyway, so anything to do with them doesn't REALLY matter anyway /laugh

Akuma-Heika likes this.
  18. Heaven Canceler

Heaven Canceler Behind You!

You know, I just remembered that Explanation of Issei about the different martial arts types with terrestrial being the roots, celestial being the plant and sidereal being the flower, does that mean sidereal martial arts are better normally?

19. EternitynChaos

Sidereal Martial Arts let you do things like Turn someone into a duck, Kill someone's dreams, or jump out of a tea cup to assassinate someone, they are the Metaphysical bullshit tier, so yeah, its basicly a grading scale, TMA => CMA => SMA, just like with Sorcery, TCS => CCS => SCS

Duck Punch No Jutsu

20. Alexander

Before leaving (because I have things to do), I would like to post here a custom Charm I am working on. I accept suggestions:

Synchronized Partner(s) Symphony
    Ability: Performance?

The Lawgiver and his forces moves as one body, their actions synchronized and their hearts communicating without the need of words. With this Charm the character and those influenced become extremely good at modifying their movements to coordinate perfectly with each other. This Charm comes in handy in the ballroom, the bedroom, even the thick of battle. The dance performance of two characters with this Charm would put the best work of Fred Astair and Ginger Rogers to shame. The sexual prowess of a character with it would be legendary all on its own. The third application of this Charm makes coordinating assaults that much easier. Using it, the character automatically succeeds at the roll to coordinate a group of attackers to assault a single target. The designated target's Dv is reduced by a number of successes equal to the Solar's Performance? rating. This penalty cannot exceed the number of attackers in the group. The character can attach himself to any coordinated assault he sees fit, without the player of the person coordinating the assault having to include the character in the dice roll to do so.

I know what you are thinking. And the answer is: yes, this Charm can be used to make awesome orgies. Managing a harem is easier when the girls find each other's company enjoyable :))

21. kinglugia

kinglugia A Randy Avian

*reads Synchronized Partner(s) Symphony*
    Hmm, an interesting Hora.
    Perhaps make it Stackable to limit the numbers of people we can Hora with? Because if someone munchkins it the right way, we might accidentally create a War Charm instead.
    Meaning? We use it on an army of Magnitude 9 and...
    So, um, (Stamina + Performance + Specialities)/2 people we can use it with per purchase, up to Essence?

22. Alexander

Uhm, you right. Let's, how about this: the first purchase allows you to coordinate a group of Magnitude no greater than 1 (max 10 people). Further purchases allow you to raise the max Magnitude.

23. EternitynChaos

sounds workable, fits with our first goal as well ^^;

24. EternitynChaos

Rias "Issei-kun... when they said 'Make Love, Not War' I don't think this is what they were talking about."

Corvus 501 and Sol Mark-1 like this.
  25. kinglugia

kinglugia A Randy Avian

Hora Hora Hora!

Akuma-Heika likes this.
  26. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

IMO, this is too similar to DTAS. A shintai is supposed to be the penultimate expression of the yozi's themes. This expression has more to do with the Red Dragon Emperor than with Hyoudo Issei, or with the combination of Dream and Infinite that supposedly gets us into devil-tiger status.

Now, what our Shintai should look like I'm really not sure. We're a really weird rules-ignoring devil-tiger who came from a Solar and multiple power sources that aren't related to any of the Exalted. But I'm thinking maybe less an actual transformation and more the manifestation of something like warstrider armor. Our core is still that of a human, so our form should remain such as well. All the actual mutations are inflicted on Boosted Gear, like Juggernaut drive save that it's completely under our control.

27. Extras: Omake - 7
    Alexander

No no, they were talking exactly about this ^-^.
    Like someone said: Devil-Tigers are Windows, a Cosmic Dragon is Unix.

Ophis' related Charms should be something about increasing the amount of Essence available, while Great Red...something Craft related?

Surprise! Omake time!
    ----

A Solar Circle's Adventure Time

"Hurry up! There's too many of them!"

"I'm almost done!" You yell back without raising your eyes from the streams of numbers flashing on the screen, your fingers dancing on the Essence-infuse keyboard. You push a final button and turn to the raven-haired boy on your left. "It's open! Lelouch!"

"Alright!" He grabs the gate's handle and pulls. He also completely fails at moving it even of a millimeter.

"Oh, for the love of-!" You rush to him and pull the handle together with him. This time the gate opens and you and Lelouch enter.

"Quick! Come on!" You yell while keeping the gate open. A brown-haired guy and a girl in a black sailor uniform run inside, followed by a pink haired beauty firing with her rifle behind her. The first two give you a hand and together you quickly shut the gate. You hear the crystal, zombie-like monsters chasing after you slamming on the metal door and start banging on it in rage, but without success.

For now, you're safe.

"Aah.." You and your four comrades sit down on the ground, your breaths ragged. "Seriously Lelouch, do something about your body. You're too weak."

"Well, excuse me." He rolls his eyes. "I was busy organizing a rebellion against a continent-spamming military empire. I didn't have time to do exercises."

The girl with the sailor uniform chuckles. "Senketsu says you're a horrible liar Lulu. We're Exalted, we can do stuff like that in minutes. Just admit it: you just hate physical activities."

"I will not be belittled by a talking uniform, Ryuuko. And don't call me Lulu!!"

At this point you suppose an explanation is necessary.

You are Hyodo Issei, once a normal Japanese student. One day you were almost killed by your (fake) first girlfriend, but was saved by the Unconquered Sun who make you one of his Exalts, a Twilight Caste. Later you found out people were after you because you have Boosted Gear, a weapon capable of killing gods, in your soul.

From that point on you had many adventures, that lead you to a journey through multiple dimensions. It was during your travels that you me other Solar Exalts, whose Exaltations found themselves outside Creation like yours and bound with the natives of other planes, namely them. With your interests aligned you and the others formed a group.

You look at the black haired, with a single red bang, girl in a sailor uniform wielding the half of a giant pair of scissors. Her name is Ryuuko Matoi, a Dawn Caste. She came from an alternate version of Earth, and received her Exaltation while fighting a, in her words, 'tyrannical bitch with bushy eyebrows' while searching for the one who killed her father. Her uniform, Senketsu, is sentient and is capable of transforming into an armor that made her stronger. It also shows a lot of skin, so she doesn't use it often.

You look at the brown haired boy. His name is Shi-Woon Yi, and he is a Zenith Caste. He came from the Korea of another alternate Earth. Once a normal student like you, he was involved into the world of dark martial arts after a series of convoluted circumstances. He received his Exaltation while trying to save a little girl from a gang of martial artists bikers. His martial arts are powerful, but he's reckless.

You look at the pink haired beauty, a full woman even if her short height may hint otherwise. Her name is Lightning, a Night Caste. We're in her world now, a giant floating sphere with an entire civilization living inside called Cocoon. An ex-soldier, she received her Exaltation after avenging her sister who was turned into a crystal statue by a god-like being. Taking her Second Breath protected her from being turned into a L'cie, which is a curse that would eventually transform her into a mindless Cie'th, like those monsters that were chasing you. Sadly her friends weren't so fortunate, so now you and the others are helping her save them. She wields a weapon that his a strange mix of a sword and a rifle.

The last one, the boy with black hair and purple eyes, is Lelouch Lamperouge, an Eclipse Caste. Formerly a prince of a modern empire from an alternate Earth, he was disowned after her mother was killed and exiled. He received his Exaltation while fighting soldiers of his country, and used his new powers to lead a rebellion against his tyrannical father. His combat abilities...are lower than zero.

"I think that's enough rest." Shi-Woon stands up. "We can't afford to waste more time than necessary. We need to save Snow and the others."

"Umph." Light snorts. "Don't worry about the idiot: he is too stupid to die." She turns to look at you and frowns. "Issei, are you sure about...?"

"You heard Vanille. L'cie that complete their Focus become crystal statues, but wake up again if the Fal'cie who turned them needs their services again." You sigh. "This means that your sister is alive and that there is a method to save her. But I need to see her first and be absolutely sure, because I'm not trying anything before that."

"Just making sure." You turn around, but you catch a flash of smile. "Let's go."

You all stand up and follow her.

"Lelouch, if you want I can show you this method to train your mu-"

"If I say no, it's no Shi-Woon!"

Tough times are waiting for you.
    ----

I promised it some time ago, and today I finally delivered it. Enjoy 8)

Shador, Akuma-Heika, zebrin and 18 others like this.
  28. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

I'll see your special snowflake syndrome and raise you a swat on the head. :p Devil-Tigers are the penultimate result of an exalted-style creature defining itself using bits and pieces of another being's power. The Cosmic Dragon is a devil-tiger, whatever else you want to call it, and not something better than a devil-tiger. This stinks of something like kids who argue about stuff that's better than infinity by tacking +1s and +2s onto the end of it.

29. EternitynChaos

heheheheh, God help creation if that Circle ever turned up in the Realm, Lulu would take on look at Her Rednesses work and throw a fit. also I think Shi-Woon and our Issei would have alot to talk about considering how we are taking him /laugh.

Hai Hai Smuthunter, as you say

Though I was more meaning Soul Archtecture then anything when I said that, Fetch Soul mostly, as I would not mind at all Alexander letting us learn the Charm that lets us spawn 3rd Circle Deva so we could re-enbody Ddraig and Bright in the future

30. Alexander

Hai, hai :D. Sorry about that, but I wasn't trying to say Cosmic Dragon is better than Devil-Tiger. Honest. I only wanted to say they are different things.
    Oh? Give me a minute.