1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Trials of the God-Harem King [Highschool DxD/Exalted] (CLOSED)

Discussion in 'Questing' started by Alexander, May 2, 2014.

1. Eler0

Eler0 Versed in the lewd.

[X] Yes
    [X] Revlid (access to one area with every dot)

2. Fellgar

Fellgar Connoisseur.

[X] Yes

3. Indrik

Indrik Getting sticky.

[X] Yes

4. codeRR

codeRR Heroic spirit unkown

5. Kelenas

Kelenas Experienced.

Mkay, that's a whole lotta text about crafting, it seems.

In all honesty, I liked how Sojiko handled it in her quest;
    - you buy up Craft like any other ability, and get one Group/Type (ie, Fire, Earth, Air, etc) for free
    - additional types can be bought for 4xp (3 if caste/favored)

Kept it nice and simple; no big massive changes to the system, and it's still a non-trivial investment if you want a Craft-focused character, but it no longer would be an utterly crippling expenditure.

Though maybe I misunderstand what you mean with the Revlid revision; I didn't read the document, since it seems a bit much and I currently don't have the time.

6. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

The part which is relevant to your post:

In Revlid's revision, you buy Craft dots and get a craft element for free with each dot you purchase, like how Linguistics gives you bonus languages to speak with each dot you purchase. So at one dot you might have Craft (Fire), then at two you pick up Craft (Air) or whatever. At five dots you have access to all the core craft elements. Exotic crafting is done by combining these elements and one or more other skills; Craft (Magitech) for example is a mix of Craft (Fire) and Craft (Air) with an extra requirement that the dice are capped by our Lore score.

7. EternitynChaos

EternitynChaos Once there was a Maiden...

Well, hrrrrm, 6th time's the charm? anyway, found what I think is my new headcanon, if nothing else it should keep Issei from starting a One Dragon War on all the Yozi when he hits creation *because seriously whoever was in charge of writing 'That Chapter' should have been dragged out into the street and heckled to Death, oy*

But yeah, a diffrent, and far preferable take on Little Lillun

God damn I'm finally finished.
    Well I can honestly say I've read the whole thing with this one, three times over infact /laugh, and while its a bit tongue in cheek its still got the basic's without pushing things down the Oh God Why route.
    so, even if its not canon, I'll be using this for the very of Creation Issei is going to end up in for my stuff, hell I may well end up with the changes from 'The Book' to this being somehow Issei's fault, we'll see.

Anyway, I need to sleep now, fingers crossed the preview works this time or I'm going to cry

(Edits) And Even The I still have to go through and delete all the bloody coding, farking retarded Gahhhhh *flails Wildly some more* right gods willing thats everything, sleep unless its Wallotext again

(Edit2) Missed a Quote tag, but thats all, done and done

This and others like it can be find at the following addy http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?197276-Exalted-Xefas-Infernal-Behemoth-Garden enjoy, theres some intresting stuff there

Sol Mark-1 likes this.
  8. Least Devotee

Least Devotee Experienced.

Yeah, that's one of the better Lilun rewrites. And yeah, there's reasons everyone ignores the first two chapters of MOEP:Infernals. For anyone who hasn't read that I would advise you completely skip the first two chapters on your first few readings, use the storyteller section instead, then once you have a decent idea of if you actually like Infernals then read the first two chapters to cherry pick the good stuff and ignore the crap.

9. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

Shador likes this.
  10. Karnven

Karnven Know what you're doing yet?

You know isn't Issei kinda like Biblical Lucifer? With being all shiny for the 'Morningstar', being a genius scholar and the like and giving mortals knowledge, and being a Dragon? A crimson one at that?

11. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

That actually describes the Unconquered Sun. Way back in 1st Edition, Creation was supposed to be a prequel to the World of Darkness setting and Sol Invictus eventually became Lucifer. He has the added bonus of having staged a rebellion against "God", only in this version it was God who was cast down into hell rather than Lucifer.

12. Diller

Diller Versed in the lewd.

Wait so your saying we made Solar Iss into an expy of sorts of both the Unconquered Sun and the Biblical Lucifer?

That is ironic yet very appropriate considering the setting.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
  13. Least Devotee

Least Devotee Experienced.

I was looking over Issei's force list and noticed that Asia has 'Linguistics 1 (Italian and English)', shouldn't that be 'Linguistics 2 (Italian, English and Japanese)'? Or am I forgetting something.

14. Alexander

Alexander That is not dead which can eternal lie

To be fair what they did to Lillun in the Infernals Manual is very Yozi-like. It's squick yes, but still very Yozi-like.
    Oh, if one were to look closely he would see a lot of similitudes between Exalted and religion. How could it not be? The authors of Exalted had to take inspiration from something to write an epic setting. And the more ancient epic stories are almost all religious ones.

Yes: Asia doesn't really know Japanese, she uses a translation spell. So she hears Japanese words in Italian and those who listen to her hear her words as Japanese.

Anyway: Revlid's version won. However, I am going to make exotic Craft like Magitech and Genesis their own separate subsets. You will need to acquire dots separately with them in order to use them.

I reflected a bit upon Revlid's guide you suggested me Smuthunter. One passage hits me:

"After - or more likely, alongside - that, you've got all your other Charms. The advice here is simple - two trees, one that describes how your Devil-Tiger understands the world, the other describing how he manifests within the world. The root Charms for these generally manifest as some sort of mental/sensory enhancer and some sort of physical enhancer, respectively. In the former category, Malfeas has "I know who is weaker than me", Cecelyne starts with "I intuit the nature of spirit-slaves", She Who Lives in Her Name has "I can tell truth from lie", the Ebon Dragon says "I understand darkness and lies", Adorjan has "I survive through murder", Kimbery gets "I know the proper nature of relationships", Theion has "I know the worth of my servants". I gave Isidoros "I understand that my whims are paramount". In the latter category, Malfeas is a thing of self-inflicted pain, Cecelyne is a being of desolation and desert, Adorjan is fast as the wind, the Ebon Dragon has no real fixed shape, Kimbery is a creature of water, and Theion is divine rulership embodied. She Who Lives in Her Name is made manifest only through her philosophy, and so gets just a single tree. I made Isidoros into a force of weighty destructive force."

I think I know how to apply it to Ophis (her "Chaos" theme is her understanding of the world. I think?), while I have difficulties with Great Red. I accept suggestions here.

However, I think I have a clear image of how apply it to Cosmic Dragon's Issei.

Issei's understanding of the world is: "The things I care about are the most important". In short he is someone who act on his Intimancies, caring for the positive ones and fighting the negative ones.

Issei manifesting within the world is: "Excellency. As, being good enough in the abilities necessary to help protect/aid my Intimacies". This is clearly an off-shot of his nature as an Solar Exalted. This is his Pride.

In short the Unconquered Sun is a being that is Perfect at anything he tries. Radiant Dragon Issei focuses his perfection on his personal goals and interests: by doing so he shifts from Perfection to Supremacy.

An hypothetic Infernal with Issei's Charmset would be pushed to the mindset "Take a decision. Stick with it, protect it and damn the consequences." This is Issei's Freedom: the freedom for a person to choose what he truly wants, without being pressured by anything.

It is, all in all, an individualistic mindset that place importance first and foremost on what/who is more important for the user, with things like Compassion, Justice and Gift used to make sure he doesn't accidentally hurt his precious things/people in any way.

Needless to say, this work so well because Issei is, well, Issei. But this mindset all too easily can give rise to a self-centered asshole of truly epic proportions.

Yes Diller: Issei is an expy of Lucifer, less Biblical and more "modern romantic vision".

Sol Mark-1 likes this.
  15. Unelemental

Unelemental Not too sore, are you?

Dreams/Illusions really sound like his manifestation, but as for his understanding of the world? I see a lot of similarities with Issei here. Supremacy sounds like a common theme for a lot of dragons, doing whatever he wants, so the Great Red is probably not an exception here.

16. noahgab1133

noahgab1133 Don't you trust me?

for great red what about freedom?

17. Alexander

Yeah: ignoring a Dragon King even if he attacks you, but being utterly aggravated when someone looks at you in the eye...he's a true dragon alright.

Or he isn't?

Read this part from Exalted: The Fair Folk.
    Does this remind you of something?

It's Zero. "Zero is less nothing but more not something or rather absence of things (that allow the user to individuate matter in space and therefore make sense of the world.)". It's a boundary that define things.

Great Red acts like a stereotypical dragon. But consider this: what if he is acting as people expect him to? For a being born from Dreams, wouldn't make sense that even his personality is shaped by the beliefs of others. This would make him like a Raksha, a being that act in accordance to the shape and identity he assumed. That is forced by his own nature to act that way.

So his understanding of the world is likely Illusion (or Dream), in the sense that he has not a fixed understanding, but adopt a role with specific characteristics and play like an actor on a stage.

His own name, Great Red, is not a name or a title but a description of what he is.

He is a Lie.

He is Zero: something that can be anything but it's fundamentally not-something. Thinking with more deep, Zero is truly how he understand the world. No: how he understand and defines himself.

Shador, Hazardine and Sol Mark-1 like this.
  18. EternitynChaos

Great Red is the Archetype of Dragon, that has Gained a Soul and Mind of its own, and now trys to find a Dream of his own among all the Dreams of Reality

Hmmm, seems legit

or not ^^;

19. Unelemental

Wow. That's awesome. What would determine his specific role at the time then? And for how Long would he retain that Shape? It's not like the majority of humanity are consciously aware of him.

20. Alexander

Uhm. Raksha uses an Assumption Charm to take form. Do change it, they need to go back in the Wyld and shred the form.

It's possible that Great Red is incapable of changing his current form. Or he doesn't know how. It's even possible he isn't aware he is only a fictional identity applied to a swirl of Chaotic energy.

I think that Great Red came into being in a time when most of humanity (and other races) wished for a "true supreme being/God", more in line with their desire.

Wait, that isn't right.

All living beings are fundamentally selfish, right? It's possible the collective accumulation of selfish desires gather and take shape, a shape based on what the majority thought as the quintessential representation of "selfishness".

In this case: Dragons.

All in all, both humans and magical beings always wished for "power". Great Red was born as the embodiment of the ideal to which all living beings aspire: a true all-powerful being. Kinda like the Idea of Evil in Berserker.

That would explain why he does nothing but staying in the Dimensional Gap: just by existing, he is fulfilling his Motivation.

21. Threadmarks: The Snake - Part 1
    Alexander

Now, here's the new chapter:
    ----

"It's good to see you back." Kiba greets you with those words as he sits on the bench next to you.

That's right. You're back at school: not because the training has ended, but because today is the day of the Snake-Ragnarok confrontation. There are many preparations to do beforehand, and you couldn't afford to exhaust yourself before the fight. So you prepared a convincing speech to persuade Azazel to give you a free day.

Instead, when you mentioned that he replies: "Sure. Come back Sunday." and left it at that.

What an unfathomable depth of character: despite all your efforts, you still haven't a grasp of his personality.

"Likewise." You sigh and lean back against the wall. "I even thought my circadian rhythm was going to end messed up."

"Ah ah. Hyodo-kun takes his training very seriously. I'm almost envious." He replies with a refreshing smile. "I'm curious: what drive you so hard?"

"Oh, it's simple." You raise your hand to the sky and open it. "Ddraig and Bright made abundantly clear what kind of expectations rest now on my shoulders. Whether I like it or not, tough things await for me in the future. And most of them will be dangers."

You close your raised hand before shrugging. "I want to be able to protect myself and those I care about. That's all there is to it."

"I see, it makes sense. How like Hyodo-kun. Protecting someone, uh...?" He adopts a wistful look.

"...Do you have a goal too?" You ask with hesitation, fearing to intrude into a delicate territory.

"Something like that." His eyes narrow. "I need to destroy something that did me a grave injustice."

"Something? An object?"

"Yes. And the people behind it."

"Ah..." And with that both of you fall into silence. For a couple of minutes you just stare at the numerous students walking on the playing field.

"Aren't you going to say something?" Kiba suddenly speaks.

"About what?" You reply with a even tone.

"How I shouldn't focus on revenge and the past and instead think of the future and be happy?" He says in a self-depreciating tone.

"I probably should. However, there is one single reason for why I will not."

"What?"

"If I was in your shoes, I would do the same."

He turns to stare at you in shock. You stare back with a mirthless smile. "What, you thought I was a saint or something? Far from it. I'm flawed, and selfish. Just like everyone else. I'm just able to admit it more easily because, for everything I do-" You tap your head. "I have two more different points of view."

Kiba just stares more before snorting. "Must be a handful."

"Oh yeah. I even made a little grave on my desk: on the gravestone, I wrote [privacy]."

At that you both burst out laughing. Unaware that, from behind a corner, a group of girls is taking pictures of the both of you and writing something on sketchbooks with worshipful adoration in their eyes.

----

After school, and the customary visit at the Occult Research Club, you walk straight to your home. There you remove your uniform and change into more formal clothing.

Describe Issei's clothing:
    [] Write-in.

After all, you're going to beat up delinquents. It wouldn't do for someone to recognize your uniform and track you down.

You say goodbye to Mittelt and Asia and leave, Eiko flying high in the sky above you. Halfway to your destination you meet up with Ruby and Yang in front of a fountain.

"Hai." You raise two fingers up in greeting. "Are you girls ready?"

"Yup." Yang replies, her hands clad in black fingerless gloves.

"Hi!" Ruby is carrying a long bag, the type where practitioners of Sojutsu would keep their spear. Inside it's probably the staff you told her to bring, as her Sacred Gear can't be used.

"Good." While you already have Boosted Gear in Stealth Mode. Since it evolves, you made a habit of keeping it constantly active. 'Eiko. Show the way.'

Hai Master! She replies through the telepathic link. By sharing what she sees with you the three of you follow her instructions and reach an abandoned building in the district where you first encounter the members of Snake. And also where one of Ruby's friends live.

You stop before coming into view of the place and scan ahead through Eiko. "Let's see..." You murmur. "No one outside, but there are a bunch of guys inside talking among themselves. We can enter from the main door-" Eiko's vision shifts. "Or take the stairs to the side, and end on a platform above them. Jumping down will not be difficult."

"From the front!" Yang cracks her knuckles.

"From above, like true heroes!" Ruby's enthusiasm is palpable.

[] Front
    [] Above
    [] Write-in.

22. Megaolix

Megaolix Moderator

...So, suggest rock-paper-scissor between the two? It's not like the end result will change much.

Or the girls can separate and enter from both entry points at the same time, but Issei still needs to pick one.

Xion930 likes this.
  23. Eler0

Eler0 Versed in the lewd.

[X] Above

We can stunt the sun shining directly behind us blinding the delinquents and making us look more majestic.

24. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

You want formal? I can do formal. >:D

[X] White pants and business suit, red undershirt, black tie, black cape with gold lining. Looks like this.

[X] Above

25. Kelenas

Kelenas Experienced.

Why not both? Split up, one group attacks from the front, the other from above. One starts off and catches the enemies' attention, the other then jumps in to catch them in the flank or rear.

26. Unelemental

[X] Yang goes through the front, Ruby jumps from above. Issei bursts through a wall?
    -[X] "We are going to overwhelm them with our full strength in a pincer maneuver! Yang, Ruby, choose your preferred opening, while I make a more direct entry."

27. EternitynChaos

Describe Issei's clothing:
    [X] Smuthunter
    [X] Front
    -[X] "Sorry Ruby-chan, we are here to bust heads on there terms as much as anything, if this was a rescue or something like that it would be different."

28. noahgab1133

noahgab1133 Don't you trust me?

[x] above

as for issei's look? Let's go the good old fashion man in suit like james bond. Its classy!

29. Unelemental

Either 'What an unfathomable depth of character', or 'What an unfathomably deep character'.

30. Unelemental

As for clothes,
    [X] Smuthunter
    looks suitably majestic.