1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Trials of the God-Harem King [Highschool DxD/Exalted] (CLOSED)

Discussion in 'Questing' started by Alexander, May 2, 2014.

1. Diller

Diller Versed in the lewd.

I'm both excited and scared for our version of the scene because I can't even imagine what lurk exalt ion would've done to Juggernaut drive.

Hmm more appropriate thank you.

I just thought of something. We just started learning Martial Arts like a month ago and yet thanks to solar awesome, alot of hard training, and the few battles we've been in so far we've reached the master level already.

Can you imagine just how much that's going to blow the minds of the HSDK people?

Not only are we Master level at our young age but we did it in a month. That's a simply ridiculous growth rate and they're all going to be very interested in us after learning that fact. Also after we beat Ragnarok we're going to have Yomi and at least Ogata of the OSNF of Yami know about our martial prowess.

Ogata in particular is going to want us so bad.

And this is all before they learn we're the red dragon emperor(Yami is both an old organization and known to have had contacts with other organizations that dabble in the supernatural. I wouldn't be surpsied if they found out we have boosted gear and know what that means.)

It seems like each day we do something that makes more and more people interested in us. Then again we have Dragon Swag and are a solar exalt so it should be expected.

2. EternitynChaos

EternitynChaos Once there was a Maiden...

We will confuse the fuck out of the Katsu/Satsujinken crews, our morals are kinda alien compared to them what with us being seriously influenced by both Dragon Morals *and Obviously Superior form of Moral of course* and Creation Morals *thanks to Bright and the Exaltation* in the form of Virtues etc, the fact that we won't even blink at killing someone that harms say Asia or someone we care about, but will go out of our way to protect innocents and such will send very mixed signals I think

3. Diller

Oh that's a good point. We're the type who won't hesitate to protect or help someone in need like a Katsukjinken yet we will kill if we have to like a Satsujinken.

Instead of walking the yin or the yang path. We walk the Yin-yang path. Knowing when to hold back and knowing when to fight to kill.

4. kinglugia

kinglugia A Randy Avian

Basically we are being balanced instead of going into the extremes /lol

5. Unelemental

Unelemental Not too sore, are you?

I think the Katsu- and Satsujinken are more about the use of martial arts than proper morals.
    I.e. Katsujinken is about the Conviction to avoid killing at all costs, while Satsujinken strives to prove that striking to kill is the path to victory.
    We are entirely outside this debate, because we don't care for martial arts philosophy.
    That's how I see it.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
  6. BFldyq

BFldyq It's pronounced Be-Fled-Ick

Actually, we'd count as Satsujinken, but only barely.

Not all Satsujinken followers are evil: soldiers would be a good example.

7. EternitynChaos

"pity for the guilty is treason to the innocent"

Now if that's not something Bright would say I don't know what is /laugh

8. kinglugia

kinglugia A Randy Avian

But you're the one who said it, EternitynChaos...Q-Q

9. EternitynChaos

/snerk new thought for if Raiser turns up

"Sooooo, he's a Phoenix right, Firebird, heals from anything, that sort of thing, Right?"

"Thats right you worthless mageling, TREMBLE in fear at my."

"Cool, Do you have Any idea how annoying it is having all my fights end in one punch, seriously, other then Beo, but he's always busy with stuff so we rarely ever get to throw down properly, and even then its only for like 8 hours, that's barely enough to get my blood pumping now days. I do hope your not going to leave me hanging birdy..."

"Errr... I think I just remembered I have an appointment elsewhere perhaps another time Ria's goodbye *Fwosh*"

"...FUUUUUUUCK"

And this is what would have happened if we had high Valor instead of High Compassion, heheheheh

TheWave, Corvus 501 and Mizuki_Stone like this.
  10. Selias

Selias Well worn.

I love the idea of One Punch Exalt. Also, it's "snerk," not "snirk."

11. Diller

High Valor Ise and Vali would be the best of friends. They'd be on brother from another mother level.

12. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

Oh Jesus. I just remembered: there's no way Raiser is going to get near us without attracting Eiko's attention. Is it possible to overdose on haughty disdain?

13. Diller

Seems like we're going to find out to Ise's horror(and our own amusement.)

Ise's going to wonder if being haughty is a genetic trait for fire-birds.

14. kinglugia

kinglugia A Randy Avian

But High Compassion Ise and Vali is more terrifying...
    Imagine Vali wants to beat them up dead, but Ise holds him back.
    "Now now, Vali, don't kill them too much, or else they won't be able to grow stronger and give you a good fight."
    "Doesn't matter, I have you, Ise-kun~"
    "*sigh*"

15. Threadmarks: The Snake - Part 3
    Alexander

Alexander That is not dead which can eternal lie

[X] {FISTS OF IRON TECHNIQUE} (Deal bashing damage, we're not trying to kill anyone)
    ----

This is it. The decisive moment. Lessons from both Ddraig and Bright come to mind, reminding you that holding back even a little in a fight without rules can be fatal. Drawing from your Personal Pool, Essence flows into your fists, making flesh as iron and your blows as hammers.

Not too much of course. Bad as he is, Kitsukawa did nothing deserving death.

Even then, your opponent and his minions are responsible for who knows how much misery for the people of your town. There are certainly worse villains in the world, but for the moment only this one is within the reach of your fists.

In the background you can hear the sound of cracking wood and fleshy strikes, but the only yelps of pain are male in origin. You taught them well.

You charge forward, your feet kicking up dust as you open the fight with a vicious right cross to your opponent's chin.

Kitsukawa somehow manages to react fast enough, one hand coming up to deflect your blow while the other tries to strike you with an uppercut. Thanks to your superior experience you manage to shift your blow and let it pass through the thug's defense, while your left hand stops his punch.

Your fist hits his skull with a booming noise, sending him flying backwards until he hits a stack of sand-filled sacks someone left there.

You tense, expecting him to jump up and counterattack. Seconds slowly tick....

And nothing happens.

To say you're shocked is an understatement. "...Seriously? Down already?" There is a trace of disappointment in your voice.

You turn around. Some delinquents have been knocked out already. Yang is choke holding one in each arm. Ruby has her staff buried into the guts of an unfortunate thug. The rest of them seem fine, if distressed.

Everyone is standing still while looking at you with complete and utter shock. Everyone but the girls, who are cheering you. "Way to go Ise!" "That was great Sempai!"

Like a spell being broken the thugs start reacting: some run away, but the others renew their attacks. Those that decide to try their hands at you are quickly put down with a punch in the guts each, while you evade their pitiful attempts with almost casual ease.

'Did I overdo it?' You ask your mentors.

[Maybe.] Ddraig yawns. [Then again, you didn't know how strong he was. Now you have a good measure of the gap between you and common guys.]

{I honestly find ridiculous that you're worrying about-ooh, what's this?} Bright's voice suddenly changes from annoyed to intrigued.

As are you. Standing up clearly shaking, but undeniably conscious is Kitsukawa. He coughs a split of blood before he starts giggling.

"Hahaha..Fuck. It was like being hit by a fucking freight train.." He doesn't look angry. Quite the contrary: his teeth are gritting together, forming a weird smile that wouldn't look out of place on a deranged tiger. "Is..Is this pain? Yes, yes it is! Hahahaha!"

{What an interesting specimen was hidden under the layer of mediocrity.}

"More! Give me more!" The Snake's leader shoots towards you even faster than before. Before coming inside your reach he suddenly turns around and jumps backward in a splendid demonstration of natural grace. He lands with both hands on your shoulders and hits you with an elbow with a weird angle, before lashing out with a spinning kick. You push away the blow before jumping back.

'He should be out cold!'

{He's close, teetering at the edge of consciousness. Just one attack and he will be knocked out. Just defend for now: I want to see something.}

You don't know why, but quietly follow her order. Kitsukawa charges at you with wild attacks coming from weird angles. There is no style or pattern in his blows, but that just makes them harder to predict. Some even break through your defense and hit you, but without causing any damage.

"What's wrong?" he yells. His pupils are dilatated, the way his eyes reflects the light making it look like they are two spotlights behind a dark curtain. His breath is also caught in the light, the reflection causing it to resemble a continuous steam being released from his mouth. "Why are you only dodging now? Your first blow was so fast, I could barely see it! More! This excitement...Give me more!!"

'...He's a battle maniac.'

[He's a battle maniac. Should have been born a dragon.]

{Enough. Put him down, without killing him.}

'Hai.'

On the outside you sigh. "I was just thinking about the best way to end the fight without killing you."

Faster than he could react you lash out with both hands, the right one grabbing his arm in a steel grip and the other slamming palm-first into his sternum. Instantly all air is forcefully ejected from his lungs, making his eyes bulge in shock. You grab his shirt and raise him in the air before slamming his body on the ground with less than your full strength.

Amazingly, he doesn't pass out. He wheezes and coughs, more blood coming out of his mouth. He shakily tries to stand up once more, but he manages only a few centimeters before falling down again.

"Che." He weakly says over his ragged breath. "Defeated in three hits. Just when I was starting to have fun..."

You crouch down next to him. "You don't have fun often?"

"Everyone else is so slow...like snails. They are so boring...I am having nothing but boredom those days...I am sick of it."

Frustration for having his desires negated then. Hardly an excuse, but it's a problem that can be easily resolved. "Don't feel so bad." You reassure him. "My teachers are amazingly powerful people that trained me under hellish training. You are strong, but they are monsters."

"Hooo~ I want to meet them."

You grin. "Maybe. Let me deal with the leftover stuff and then we can talk about affairs. I think I can do something about your boredom." To make him atone for his mistakes of course.

Gently you drag him to one of the sand's sacks still whole and lean him against it. When you walk back to Yang and Ruby, it is to see them standing on a sea of downed bodies. "How'd it go?"

"Just some bruises." Ruby massages her shoulder. "But nothing serious."

"Endure little sis, endure." Yang playfully pokes her cheeks. "Big girls don't cry."

"I'm not a kid!"

Master. Eiko's voice comes through your link. The warriors from Ragnarok are coming. Among them are the three special persons I talked about.

Just on time.

[] Leave with the girls and Kitsukawa. Let them wonder what happened.
    [] Meet them at the new 'leader' of Snake.
    [] Ask the girls.
    [] Write-in.

----

Just to be clear: I tried to make a faithful portrait of Shougo in Exalted rules. He came out as a monster.

Issei is even more of one.
    I read them, but I don't understand. How do you use it? How are the various techniques used?

16. rkbinder

rkbinder Not too sore, are you?

We have Martial Arts 5. Let me put that into perspective for you.

1 dot = trained in the ability. This takes 3 weeks, working non stop for 8 hours, 6 days a week to get this good (with a teacher). The example in the book is board breaking and performing a form well in a calm environment.

3 dots = Is the low level to be considered a professional in any skill (4 is usually the elite soldier level). The example given is being able to fight multiple people easily.

5 dots = Is the maximum a mortal can achieve ever, the example given in the core rules is skillfully fight a dozen men while showing off. The Masters in HSDK probably have this along with specialty dice.

We are at 5, along with a excellency. This pretty much gives us a effective MA score of 5+. Along with using a magical effect to make our fists stronger than steel.

Of course we won! The only way he could have not is if he had used his rage ability along with virtue channels (which indicate he is interested, which he wasn't) and even then we only would have been a easy fight, not a curb stomp.

There is a reason this (http://theunshaven.rooms.cwal.net/RPG%20Motivational%20Posters/Mortals%20in%20Exalted.jpg) demotivational poster exists.

17. EternitynChaos

Actually the Masters in the Ryozenpaku I'd say would be MA 6 +2 Spec, Elder would be MA 7 +3 Spec. ymmv of course

Plus whatever they get from Ki techs and such, I imagine Seikuken would be something like defend for 6-MA dv refresh and you remove the /2 part of the DV calc, probably make it so you can't channel valor or convicton while using it as well *Sei technique and all that*

And Berserker is in character, he's a battle junkie, but a loyal one if you can gain that loyalty ironicaly enough

also look at Kenichi, if he dosn't have 5 ranks of an Ox Body equivalent I will each my keyboard

18. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

[X] Are you girls ready for round 2?
    --[X] Introduce ourselves to Ragnarok as a concerned citizen cleaning trash off the streets.
    ---[X] "This is our city. Pretentious kids pretending to be badasses aren't welcome here."

Trooper1021 likes this.
  19. Unelemental

Unelemental Not too sore, are you?

[X] Meet them at the new 'leader' of Snake.
    -[X] As you stand before an immaculately dressed young man, you see a number of underlings line up behind him. "Here is my challenge, Odin! We fight right here, right now, with our authority at stake! Prepare yourself!" He tenses noticeably, ignoring the uneasy whispers of his followers, then concurs, radiating arrogance and disdain. "Very well, Hyoudou Issei. I accept."

--[X] Introduce ourselves to Ragnarok as a concerned citizen cleaning trash off the streets.
    ---[X] "This is our city. Pretentious kids pretending to be badasses aren't welcome here."

20. Eler0

Eler0 Versed in the lewd.

21. Ubylkoen

Ubylkoen Not Ganondorf.

22. Disminded

Disminded Versed in the lewd.

So we just beat up Berserker?

23. Walkir

Walkir Super Happy Awesome Fun Time On Vacation

24. megrisvernin

megrisvernin Connoisseur.

This works. Should we invoke first Presence Excellency or other charms? Stunt it mayhaps?

Edit-I suppose it might be better to save those stunts after he appears so we can gauge his motivation & what we want to do.

25. EternitynChaos

I don't think so, we are not trying to convince them we are concerned citizens, or that they at pretentious kids we are just making a statment

26. megrisvernin

megrisvernin Connoisseur.

Fair enough. We want to see how they respond to this.

27. Dreadis

Dreadis No idea whats going on

28. noahgab1133

noahgab1133 Don't you trust me?

29. Diller

So anybody want to bet on how long Odin lasts against us before we beat his ass into the pavement?

Least Devotee likes this.
  30. EternitynChaos

Been watching the Kenichi anime and OVA's

so I felt like making something nice, not as overpowered as I was going to make it to start with, but I think it does a nice job of that Odin and Ken-chan show