1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Trials of the God-Harem King [Highschool DxD/Exalted] (CLOSED)

Discussion in 'Questing' started by Alexander, May 2, 2014.

1. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

It's not like we've got anything better to do while we wait.

Anyways, my point is that the final match showed the way Raiser fights when he's being at least remotely serious; he swoops around like a jet, throws fireballs, and when he lands a solid hit Issei goes flying like he got hit with Heaven Thunder Hammer. He does dodge hits rather than tanking them and relying on his regeneration, by the way. Moreover, Raiser really wasn't taking Issei very seriously until he got punched with a cross, and a few seconds after that Issei lost his balance breaker form which lured Raiser into a false sense of security.

Issei kept up in that fight mostly by virtue of the shoulder thrusters in his armor that gave him a measure of limited flight and enhanced movement speed. We lack those; the best we have presently is Monkey Leap Technique. Moreover, I wouldn't be surprised if Alex made Raiser a lot stronger and said "he's taking you seriously this time" as justification. We do have holy charms, but we had those back when Alex was saying Raiser would be a big challenge for us, so I'm not willing to count on them as the only trick in our book.

2. touhou ranfuku

touhou ranfuku Versed in the lewd.

So you mean this time there's a chance we will fight prep!Raiser? Since in canon he's a decent Rating Game participate I guess we have to be more careful, increasing what not only allows us to defeat him gloriously (to get Ravel) but also helps us in later fight.

3. EternitynChaos

EternitynChaos Once there was a Maiden...

we can also fly now, have the whirlwind spring charm, can clinch from a distance and we all know how much of a bitch clinching in Exalted 2ed is, have basicly doubled our combat attributes and actually have combat abilities, we also have Adamant skin and our Defence Overdrive which we didn't back then, I think you are seriously overestimating Raiser, but I will say better that then seriously underestimating him *please note, I'm not saying he's going to be a breather fight if/when he turns up, just not as much of a pants browning terror as you seem to be saying, from what your saying if he shows now we have no chance of winning, at all, even with being an Exalt*

and yeah ^^; there really isn't a hell of a lot else to do is there /laugh

4. Diller

Diller Versed in the lewd.

Remember we have this knack.
    Dragon Body Hybrid
    Cost: 1m; Duration: One day.
    Relevant part

-Wings: The user has a pair of wings with a wingspan of six yards and can fly. He flies at two times his normal running speed, ascends at his normal running speed and can dive at 10 times his running speed. He does not need to make checks to pull out of dives.

We also have deadly dragoon warrior.

Then there's this.

Gauntlets of Distant Touch Mode: a force-projection weapon, it works by transmitting the kinetic impact of a close combat weapon across intervening distance as an invisible pulse. This allows wielders to use their weapons to strike at range using their close-combat training, rather than learning an entirely separate curriculum of combat. By charging Boosted Gear with an additional commitment of three motes an invisible aura of force forms around both hands for the rest of the scene. During this time, the character may perform any task that would normally require his hands simply by making the appropriate gesture (the action uses its normal dice pool and difficulty), and the Exalt may affect any objects within (Essence rating x 3) yards. From a utilitarian standpoint, the gauntlets can levitate objects (but not the user), manipulate them, pull them close or push them away. In combat, the gloves can deliver ranged Martial Arts hand strikes or clinches that benefit from close combat magical material bonuses. Such attacks also impose a -1 penalty to the opponent's Parry DV because of their invisible nature. Finally, a character wearing charged gauntlets can parry attacks directed at anyone else in range, though each such parry cumulatively decreases her Parry DV by -1 until her next action. All close and ranged attacks made using gauntlets of distant touch are considered unarmed for the purposes of compatibility with Martial Arts Charms.

When Boosted Gear is in Stealth Mode perfectly fitting red gloves form on the Exalt's hands. The gloves add the Fine Quality (+1 to Defense) bonus to the character's unarmed punches and allow unarmed parries of lethal and ranged attacks.

If we can use fists of iron technique and apply holy aspects to our invisible fists we can use invisible holy martial arts from a range on Raiser.

Not saying Raiser won't be a challenge. Wouldn't be surprised if he used his wind affinity this time around.

5. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

Oh hell no. We have good combat skills and a few charms that work great against demons. We also have those five extra charms we can buy up with EXP debt if we really get into a pinch. I'm just not particularly interested in being surprised by Raiser being more powerful than anyone gave him credit for. Treat him like a boss fight and he will probably go down pretty easily. Treat him like a mook and he'll probably give us some unpleasant surprises.

6. EternitynChaos

also, there's the knack that doubles our movement actions or something like that, I do know it made us fast enough to run over water as long as we didn't stop and effected everything, that would make a good second knack to grab on top of the Mother Earth Fire Resistance One if your worried about us not being able to keep up with him

here we go

as a side, and personal preference note ^^; I do hope our Warform charm dosn't give us a great big Dragon Face when we use that, when we finally get a full Dragon Form fine, but until then I'd like to keep my human head as human as possible ^^ like Ryu or Fou-Lu from Breath of Fire

Sol Mark-1 likes this.
  7. Alexander

Alexander That is not dead which can eternal lie

First question: no.

Second question: don't know. Assume around WWII.
    Solar charm (the social one), and stopping acting perverted so openly.
    Koneko isn't very quick.
    Sorry, full dragon face :-[

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
    Sol Mark-1 likes this.
  8. EternitynChaos

Oh well, such is life, it just makes that threat about Dragons eating Birds all the more pointed when/if Raiser finally turns up then doesn't it /shrug maybe we will get more control over it when we get more essence so we can get the buffs and mutations we want while shelving the rest

9. Diller

You just described the Dragon Body Hybrid knack which we already have.

The user of Dragon Power learned to change just part of his body into that of a dragon. He doesn't have to invoke every mutation whenever he uses this Knack: he can choose all or only one. The possible mutations are:
    -Claws: the user's hands become short but sharp claws. Clawed punches inflict lethal damage.

-Enhanced Senses: The user's five senses become unnaturally acute. He gains two dice on all Awareness rolls. The mutation is physically obvious in the eyes, who are slitted like a dragon and glow green.

-Scales: The user's skin changes and he is now covered in delicate but sturdy red scales. Add 2B/2L to Soak. He gains one die in all Survival pools and he does not need to wear clothing to protect himself against the elements.

-Wings: The user has a pair of wings with a wingspan of six yards and can fly. He flies at two times his normal running speed, ascends at his normal running speed and can dive at 10 times his running speed. He does not need to make checks to pull out of dives.

Only it doesn't give us is the buffs and faster healing of our warform.

10. EternitynChaos

well yes, but I was meaning more control over our warform, so we could have the buffs without all the added extras being out, rather only getting the ones we wanted, which is why I said maybe we would get enough control to pull that off when we got more essence, since that's what gave us the control to pull off the warform in the first place, well that and stamina ^^

and sadly DBH dosn't include the head or tail mutations, so we can't use it to pull those in I wouldn't think even if we could use it to pull the rest in

11. Diller

Isn't the tail cosmetic?

Deadly Dragoon Warriot

Cost: 2m; Duration: One scene
    tail, which is purely cosmetic.

Yep it is.

12. EternitynChaos

point on the tail, though I'm sure it will be fun to use for stunts, the head and the bite it brings however isn't however, which Alexander has said is a full dragon face

13. Threadmarks: Phoenix From The Underworld - Part 1
    Alexander

Alexander That is not dead which can eternal lie

"Uh? Is nobody here?" You comment as you step inside the Occult Research Club's room, only to discover it's empty.

Today is Sunday, and as per accords you will resume your training with Azazel. So you came to say goodbye to Rias and the others, knowing they usually meet at this hour. But there is no one inside.

"Since the canvas are open they were here before." You glance around the room, taking in all possible clues. "A sudden matter that needed to be attended ASAP? Possible." You shrug. "I suppose all I can do now I sit down and wa-!"

Suddenly the magic circle on the floor that Rias and her Peerage uses for teleportation glows. You half-expect to see your friends or Grafyia-sama appear, but narrow your eyes when the color changes from crimson to orange. The symbol at the center changes too.

That isn't the Gremory's seal.

It's the Phenex's seal, another family of the 72 Pillars. As the circle finishes glowing flames come out from it, and the room gets flowed with heat. Not so much to be unbearable however.

The being who appeared swings an arm across to the side, and the flames disappear.

"Tch, it's been a while since I came to the human's world."

The one standing there is a tall man in his early 20's with short blonde hair and dark blue eyes. He is wearing a burgundy suit, without a tie and the shirt open to show his chest.

He's good looking, and like Azazel has the aura of a 'bad boy'. However, compared to the fallen angel you sense a lot more of malice underneath his aura.

[Yare yare, a phoenix?] You hear Ddraig grunt. [Never liked the damn fire-birds. They don't stay dead when killed.]

'Aren't dragons immortal too?'

[And that's why we are an individualistic race.]

The guy looks around the room, only to frown. He then looks at you with a haughty expression. "You! Where is Rias?"

You decide you don't like him. "I would like to know too." You cross your arms over your chest. "I came expecting to find everyone, but the room is empty."

"Tch!" He puts his hands in his pockets. "I personally came, and nobody is here to receiving me? Absurd."

'Maybe you should have informed Rias you were coming.' You smugly think. Then again, you doubt that Rias like him: she probably did it on purpose.

"You." He says as he sits down. He isn't even looking at you anymore. "Prepare me some tea."

Your left eyebrow twitches. "First, I can't do it." Here anyway: Akeno is jealous of her personal tea set, and always keep it under key when she isn't using it. "Second, didn't you forget a little secret word called [please]?"

"Aah?" He says with a displeased expression. "Do you know who I am?"

"A member of the Phenex Clan I suppose, judging from the seal." With your head you mention to the magic circle. "Other than that? Nothing."

"Oh?" He seems a bit surprised. "Rias hadn't mentioned me to her servants? I mean, are there guys who don't know me? For a reincarnated Devil this is a serious blunder."

You shrug. "I don't know if she did. And even so I wouldn't know, because I am not one of Rias' servants. I am not even a reincarnated Devil."

The guy's eyes narrow. "...Then who the heck are you?"

[] Write-in.
    ----

You know, many had said that compared to other Game Masters I am more fair O:)

The actual truth, is that I just favor trickier curveballs >:D

14. EternitynChaos

Trololololololololol nicely done

[X]"I'm a friend of Rias and a contracted magician trading favors with the Gremory family. As for my name, a person who can't show basic politeness doesn't deserve to know my real name."

As much as gloating and boasting would be fun and satisfying the less information we give out the more we have to pull on Asshat later on, pity I was looking forward to pull out our Solar Title for the first time to.

15. Silversun17

Silversun17 Connoisseur.

I have several ideas of how to go about this
    [?] "I am a Solar of the Twilight Caste." Have our caste mark glow.

[?] "A dragon." convert a part of our body into a dragon's as proof if he doesn't belive us.
    (we can do that right now right?)
    [?] "An ally of Rias."

Prince Charon likes this.
  16. Disminded

Disminded Versed in the lewd.

[X] "A friend."

Almost entirely because fireturkey will reply with something along the lines of "Presumptuous fool" or "I don't need a wretch like you as a friend" to which we can reply "I didn't say I was your friend" and smile mysteriously.

Or, y'know, if someone else has an idea.

[X]"I'm a friend of Rias and a contracted magician trading favors with the Gremory family. As for my name, I don't feel obligated to offer it to someone who doesn't give their own first.

17. Eler0

Eler0 Versed in the lewd.

How about
    "A Magician working for Rias"
    It describes our relationship with her the best and in a way he can comprehend, I think.

18. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

[X]"I'm a friend of Rias and a contracted magician trading favors with the Gremory family. As for my name, a person who can't show basic politeness doesn't deserve to know my real name, so you can call me Sovereign of the Radiant Scales."

"And on the topic of reputations, it's funnier that you haven't heard of me. Rias tells me the whole underworld is in an uproar over the Gremory family's new fertility charms. Where do you suppose those came from?"

Nickballas and Trooper1021 like this.
  19. The Slumbering Crocodile

The Slumbering Crocodile Sleeping in the mud

[X]"I'm a friend of Rias and a contracted magician trading favors with the Gremory family. As for my name, a person who can't show basic politeness doesn't deserve to know my real name, so you can call me Sovereign of the Radiant Scales."

I like this one. He's merely a devil, he should know his place. /Bright

20. Least Devotee

Least Devotee Experienced.

As tempting as Smut's write in is I feel it reveals a bit much.

[X]"I'm a friend of Rias and a contracted magician trading favors with the Gremory family. As for my name, I don't feel obligated to offer it to someone who doesn't give their own first.

Trooper1021 likes this.
  21. Dreadis

Dreadis No idea whats going on

vote changed

22. Larekko12

Larekko12 Connoisseur.

Ah. That's something completely different.

I'd still want to abuse SCJ to pound some manners into him verbally before a fight happens. It soften them up and we have the motes to burn.

And Sovereign of the radiant scale isn't our solar name.

23. EternitynChaos

yeah it is, check the first page and there it is
    so yeah it kinda is our Solar Name, as given to us by Bright Shatter Ice

Least Devotee likes this.
  24. megrisvernin

megrisvernin Connoisseur.

Let's not be needless antagonistic to him.

Raiser is an asshole, but there's no one here but us. If we give a quippy comeback only he's going to witness it. Whatever we tell him let's be it something he can spin to his family back home.

Hmm let me think on this...

25. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

Issei isn't a doormat. If someone starts treating him like dirt he's going to respond with antagonism regardless of who else is hanging around.

26. EternitynChaos

megrisvernin I'm sorry I'd love it if you were right here, but no, Issei is not the sort of person who will bend over and take this sort of crap from someone let alone some nobody who has barged his way into his friends territory and tried to order around someone he considered under his friends protection *Issei* there is no way this is not coming to blows, and anyway if we really need to its not like we can't convince everyone else he was in the wrong, creatures of darkness + various solar presence charms remember

27. darklord

darklord Versed in the lewd.

[X]"I'm a friend of Rias and a contracted magician trading favors with the Gremory family. As for my name, I don't feel obligated to offer it to someone who doesn't give their own first."

28. hunter09

hunter09 Versed in the lewd.

29. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

That would imply someone might blame us for wanting to clean Raiser's clock. The whole peerage hates him as much as Rias does.

30. Diller

Seriously the guy complained Rias didn't welcome him when he made a surprise visit, told us to prepare tea like we're his servant and didn't even bother to look at us when he did so.

"Treat others the way you want to be treated."

He's going to be a dick to us then we'll be a dick right back