1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Trials of the God-Harem King [Highschool DxD/Exalted] (CLOSED)

Discussion in 'Questing' started by Alexander, May 2, 2014.

1. megrisvernin

megrisvernin Connoisseur.

Not saying we shouldn't throw down, just pointing it out. Also we're at Kuoh Academy so we can't exactly go elsewhere to fight. Let's just not use any techniques that'll burn the Club House Down....Not that Raiser won't do that for us...

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
  2. Diller

Diller Versed in the lewd.

If we came to blows with Raiser, I see it going one of two ways,

either A) we social charm Raiser into moving the fight to a less conspicuous area or

b) The occult research club comes back and Rias breaks up the fight.

3. EternitynChaos

EternitynChaos Once there was a Maiden...

he's made of fire and burning, if we are using fire techniques we are doing something wrong /laugh

4. noahgab1133

noahgab1133 Don't you trust me?

everything burns when you wield holy fire! even things that are on fire XD

5. megrisvernin

Excellent point!
    Well maybe that's something people more familiar with Raiser can comment on. Does he have access to attacks which would easily burn down or gut the Occult Academy Club Room, or destroy the building? Is He the type to escalate quickly(to room destroying levels) when it becomes obvious that a low level attack won't stop us?

Because if he does that's going to get Rias pissed as hell if it happens.

It's also the type of thing that'll have Sona & her family wanting to take a dig at Raiser. They invested in Kuoh Academy & do not want to see it destroyed because of some arrogant Devil. With the credentials we've earned with the Devil Faction, and the general desire of Rias's brother & Azazel for peace, the kind of meaningless posturing & aggression Raiser might unleash here is something they'll want to discourage strongly.

Depending on how this goes, if we give a good showing & avoid wrecking the clubhouse ourselves(moderate damage is fine, just no massive AOE attacks) & Raiser blows up the building as I expect I think it'll be grounds for Rias to break off the wedding.

6. Diller

Diller Versed in the lewd.

Fire and wind but the point still stands.

Seriously though I doubt we would fight at the club unless Raiser attacked first and we can't lead him away from there.

While that's true for creatures of darkness

Eiko would like to remind you that using holy fire on an great and beautiful Yatagarsu like herself wouldn't do much. Unlike those dirty phoenix devils.

7. kinglugia

kinglugia A Randy Avian

I have a better idea~
    [X] You frowned at the Phoenix guy's dismissive tone as you replied, "Oh, I'm just an ordinary magician under contract with the Gremory family, and also a friend of Rias. As for my name, I don't feel obligated to offer it to someone who doesn't give their own first."

8. megrisvernin

*puzzled expression*

Any reason we're downplaying our status?

9. kinglugia

kinglugia A Randy Avian

...Ever heard of Kirisame Marisa?

10. EternitynChaos

somehow I don't think Issei is in a playful mood right now kinglugia, I doubt he's going to be popping out a comment like that, particularly without an audience who could appreciate it, because which, she exists in universe remember, so those games don't

11. Lon

Lon Well worn.

Unless you subscribe to the theory that Zun actually sees what happen's in Gensokyo and then remakes the events as stories that he sells as games to the ignorant masses. O:)

12. iamnuff

iamnuff Connoisseur.

We tried to blow Rias's mind with out half-caste thing, but did we ever actually mention that we suspect it could be used to make devils immune to Holy weapons, by stealing them away from god.

we should have waited till she'd gotten used to the first part, then dropped the second one.

HA! you thought increased potential and golden wings was the bombshell, but it was just a feint!

13. EternitynChaos

iamnuff we have no clue in character that we have made them immune to that special hurt that holy stuff gives devils and fallen, so we never mentioned it

14. Prince Charon

Prince Charon Just zis guy, you know?

[X]"I'm a friend of Rias and a contracted magician trading favors with the Gremory family. As for my name, I don't feel obligated to offer it to someone who doesn't give their own first."

15. EternitynChaos

you know, no matter how badly this goes for us or Raiser, we may end up with Ravel turning up as a desperate attempt by his parents to apologize for there son acting like a monumental cockbite, considering all we have done in what? one month, the fact that we are on good terms with Azazel now, and how shown we are loyal... if he fucks up and does anything that could in the view of others get us to throw our hands up and go ask Azazel if he's go a job going they are going to do a lot after this is done to try and save face I think.

After all, we are not just some Low-Class Devil who is a member of his fiancés peerage, we are an ally to the Gremory Clan, and currently the student of Azazel, and perhaps the person directly responsible for 'saving' the pureblood devils from 'dying out' as it were, yeah I think Raiser is about to bite of more then he can chew, politically if not physically, though maybe that way as well ^^

Eh, hopefully that was coherent, well I'm crashing, catch you in, 6-10 hours I guess

16. iamnuff

iamnuff Connoisseur.

why the fuck not?

Holy hurt devils, Solar Half Caste are no longer devils (due to being solar half caste)

the logic seems pretty sound.

I wonder how Rias would respond when they realize Solar's are basically mini gods (Christian God, not Kami or minor gods)

He has his own version of Holy damage, which does extra damage to anything he designates as "Evil" (which he can do at will)

but only works for his attacks [If he lent his own essence out somehow, would it carry the same effect as "holy" to his designated targets?]

Craft Genesis would probably turn some heads.

any biblical shit that God could do, Issei can probably do on a "one person at a time" scale.

17. megrisvernin

Ranw out of time. Hope someone else can vote count.

18. Least Devotee

Least Devotee Experienced.

Hope I did this right, it's my first time.

[X]"I'm a friend of Rias and a contracted magician trading favors with the Gremory family. As for my name, a person who can't show basic politeness doesn't deserve to know my real name."
    1 - EternitynChaos,

[X]"I'm a friend of Rias and a contracted magician trading favors with the Gremory family. As for my name, I don't feel obligated to offer it to someone who doesn't give their own first.
    18 - Disminded, Least Devotee, dreadis, darklord, Diller, megrisvernin, Fellgar, Eler0, Melfician, overmind, Walkir, Drakebane, noahgab1133, nightblade, Silver W. King, Deathwings, Unelemental, Prince Charon,

[X]"I'm a friend of Rias and a contracted magician trading favors with the Gremory family. As for my name, a person who can't show basic politeness doesn't deserve to know my real name, so you can call me Sovereign of the Radiant Scales."

"And on the topic of reputations, it's funnier that you haven't heard of me. Rias tells me the whole underworld is in an uproar over the Gremory family's new fertility charms. Where do you suppose those came from?"
    1 - Smuthunter

[X]"I'm a friend of Rias and a contracted magician trading favors with the Gremory family. As for my name, a person who can't show basic politeness doesn't deserve to know my real name, so you can call me Sovereign of the Radiant Scales."
    4 - The Slumbering Crocodile, hunter09, Yzarc, codeRR,

[X] "It is impolite to demand an introduction from someone without introducing yourself first."
    1 - Tetsurō

[X] You frowned at the Phoenix guy's dismissive tone as you replied, "Oh, I'm just an ordinary magician under contract with the Gremory family, and also a friend of Rias. As for my name, I don't feel obligated to offer it to someone who doesn't give their own first."
    5 - kinglugia, Darik29, TmDagger, Z000, Indrik

19. Darik29

Darik29 Verified Delicious

Touhou joke, all my yes.

And if we manage to get Marisa to sneeze, from all the way over here, I will laugh.

20. TmDagger

TmDagger I trust you know where the happy button is?

21. Z000

Z000 If this is trash, then find me in the dumpster

22. Indrik

Indrik Getting sticky.

Even if this option is essentially identical in content to the winning vote, I simply prefer this phrasing.

23. Lon

Lon Well worn.

24. BFldyq

BFldyq It's pronounced Be-Fled-Ick

[X]"I'm a friend of Rias and a contracted magician trading favors with the Gremory family. As for my name, I don't feel obligated to offer it to someone who doesn't give their own first."

25. kaciw

kaciw Getting sticky.

26. Threadmarks: Phoenix From The Underworld - Part 2
    Alexander

Alexander That is not dead which can eternal lie

[X]"I'm a friend of Rias and a contracted magician trading favors with the Gremory family. As for my name, I don't feel obligated to offer it to someone who doesn't give their own first.
    ----

"I'm a friend of Rias and a contracted magician trading favors with the Gremory family." You show him a smug smile. "As for my name, I honestly don't feel obligated to offer it to someone who wouldn't give their own first."

He scowls, but soon his eyes slowly widen in realization. "You...You're Issei Hyodo."

"Hyodo Issei." You correct him. "In Japan the family name is said fi-!"

You duck down and roll away to dodge the fireball aimed at your head.

"You bastard!" The blonde screams. "I came here specifically to find you! Because of you my wedding with Rias was postponed by years!"

"Woah, woah!" You yell back as you stand up. "Nevermind the completely uncalled attack, your wedding with Rias?! Dude, what the hell are you talking about?"

With a haughty aura he points a thumb at himself. "I'm Raiser Phoenix. I'm a pure-blood High-class Devil, and the third son of the distinguished House of Phoenix. I'm Rias' fiancé."

You stare at him with a face devoid of all emotions. "Are you keeping Rias' parents hostage?"

He looks completely shocked. "What? No!"

"Strange-" You nod to yourself. "Because it's the only way I can see Rias agree to marry you. Unless it was a combined union decided by your parents." You hit your open palm with your fist. "Either Lord Gremory is a horrible judge of character, or he never meet you in person. I'm inclined to the second."

"You dare belittle me?!" He snarls, more fire appearing in his hands. "I'm a pure-blood De-"

"Yeah, yeah." You wave him off. "You've a certified pedigree. Like I care. And your family holds the title of Marquis, which by the way is below the Gremory who are Dukes. Not that you would know: being the third son, not only you don't have the title, you can consider yourself lucky if you receive an allowance."

He stares in complete shock at your audacity (not that you said untrue things) before starting to splutter incoherently.

"Now that we have made clear how much respect you can expect from me because of your family's connections-" Here's a hint: between 1 and 0, it's not 1. "So, your wedding was postponed? What can I say, it happens. But how exactly would be my fault?"

He's gritting his teeth together so hard you can hear them groaning under the pressure. Taking some deep breaths he manages to regain a semblance of calm. "If you are really so ignorant let me enlighten you, you lowly human." He sneers. "The date of the wedding was already decided, even if Rias keeps insisting she wanted to decide herself who she wants to marry." Well, duh! As any living being has the right to. Phenex scowls. "But then things started happening: the fertility charms, that made every pure-blood family want one; the incident with the Fallen Angels and the formal apology from the Grigori; again the Grigori, with the offer to share important data on Sacred Gears that every Peerage with Sacred Gear users showed interest; and now rumors of a possible true, stable peace with the Shinto Gods!"

He accusingly points a finger at you. "All because of you, the supposed Red Dragon Emperor that allied himself with Rias and the Gremory! With so many achievements, mine and her parents started spouting non-sense about how she is proving she's taking the role of future heir seriously so it's okay if she completes her education before marrying and how a sudden change in leadership in the family now could be detrimental to those new alliances!"

And they're right: not that you would have a problem (unless Rias really marry this asshole) but it's a sound decision by their part.

"I see." You shrug. "And? Being mad at me will resolve nothing. I suggest you focus your efforts into convincing your parents."

"Don't tell me what should I do. Tch, everyone talk of the high and mighty Sekiryuutei, but you're just a lowly human. Boosted Gear is certainly one of the invincible and dangerous Sacred Gears. By how you use it, not only me, but you can also defeat a Maou and God. There were quite a number of possessors who had that before. But there hasn't been any case where it defeated a God or Maou. Do you know what this means?"

Raiser then laughs really loudly.

"It means that this Sacred Gear is imperfect, and the possessors were also bunch of weaklings that couldn't use it! You are no exception! How do you say this in the human world again? ...Yes, [Pearls before swine]. Fuhahaha! Yeah, pearls before swine!"

[Okay, now that's personal: nobody insult my previous partners, even those who were assholes. The birdy is going down.]

{I completely agree. Worm, there is a Charm to kill immortals: it's called-}

As alluring the option is, you can't just start killing people because of their attitudes. You turn their voices off and raise an eyebrow at Raiser. "Your point?"

A fireball forms in his hand. he sneers. "It's simple: if I show everyone how you're just a weakling, those silly arguments will become invalid and I will be free to marry Rias."

It's only the threat of a sudden attack that prevent you from rising your eyes to the sky. 'How stupid can he be?' "Congratulations: sound like an amazing way to get the entire Devil society mad at you. Rias first and foremost: do you really think you will win points with her if you hurt me?"

"I don't care! I'm also a Devil who carries the name of House of Phoenix behind me. I can't let that name get tarnished! I will take Rias back to the underworld, even if I have to burn you and all of her servants!"

His hostility and killing intent fills the room, both directed at you.

But for you the world stopped existing at the end of his words.

"You're joking, right?" You say with a even tone, the shadow from your hair covering the upper part of your face. "No matter how you spin it, that's murder. Do you really think there will be no consequences if you kill the entire peerage of another High-class Devil?"

"She will not need them anyway." Fire starts covering his body. "Her role will be to be my docile and devoted wife. There is no need for her to fight. Me and my Peerage will fight in the Rating Games and bring glory to the house of Phenex."
    Your hands start trembling. 'Ddraig. Bright.'

[...]

{...}

'I'm going to snap. I am going to utterly lose my shit and teach this fucking bastard a lesson he will never forget even if he were to reincarnated a million and one times. So if I am going to do something stupid, please stop me!'

[Ahahahaha!] Ddraig laughs and roars at the same time. [Go get him partner! Rip his wings and stuff them down his throat!]

{...Took you long enough.} Bright's grin turns sadistic. {I have only one advice. Don't let anger cloud your judgment: instead, channel it into your fists and let it burn the enemy to ashes!"}

You look up, eyes literally glowing as intense rage beyond anything you ever felt before makes your whole being shake with barely restrained violence.

[] Punch to the face.
    [] Punch to the face.
    [] Punch to the Face
    [] Write-in.

27. nightblade

nightblade Gone for Good

Wow Raiser is an idiot. I suggest we give him as much aggravated damage as possible. That way he takes an nice and long time to heal.

TheWave, Nickballas and Prince Charon like this.
  28. nightblade

nightblade Gone for Good

Actually considering that he attacked first we could probably kill him and get in no trouble at all.

29. Selias

Selias Well worn.

Kill a member of an influential devil family, and not get in any trouble? Yeah, sure. ::) Well, semi-influential.

Ainkrad, TheWave, Nickballas and 3 others like this.
  30. kinglugia

kinglugia A Randy Avian

...Excuse me, I must check what Charms/Knacks/magical tricks we have now. Vote incoming-hora.