1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Trials of the God-Harem King [Highschool DxD/Exalted] (CLOSED)

Discussion in 'Questing' started by Alexander, May 2, 2014.

1. EternitynChaos

EternitynChaos Once there was a Maiden...

huh, ok, so switching out to DBH to follow after him and we are fine then? in my write in? and guess that's another reason to try and get more control over our shapeshifting in the future ^^ study study study /laugh

2. EternitynChaos

Ah well, since I've got to go grab dinner, and my write in seems to have won *and the form is more useful then the warform in the grand scheme of things atm* Alexander can you replace the part of that which says we change into our war form before following him, into 'activating Dragon Body Hybrid, with all the mutations but the claws before following him our the window' basicly the same thing but dosn't make us loose our damage bonuses that the form gives us or the ability to double successes ^^, anyway, back in a few

3. Alexander

Alexander That is not dead which can eternal lie

typed wrong

4. Alexander

okay, one moment...Finally

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4525447/

5. nightblade

nightblade Gone for Good

So how badly did we just hurt Raiser?

6. EternitynChaos

just from that roll it was 13 successes, which doubles for damage purposes thanks to FotDS form, +5 from OFoB + well, alot, a whole lot more then we have hurt anyone else, ever, but, Phoenix, so we are probably going to have to hurt him even more, because in the end the UCS likes us, and wants us to be happy, and right now, hurting him more would make me very very happy /laugh

7. nightblade

nightblade Gone for Good

Can anyone else see anything beyond the first post on the first page of this thread?

8. BFldyq

BFldyq It's pronounced Be-Fled-Ick

I think that might have been iniative.

If not, I'm hoping we don't accidentally kill the guy.

I would prefer disfigurement(Appearance 0) and the loss of both eyes. He'll heal.

Eventually. >:D

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
  9. nightblade

nightblade Gone for Good

Am I the only one who can't see the rest of the posts on page one? Cause I am getting this weird error.
    it says Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_ENCAPSED_AND_WHITESPACE in /home/geryona/public_html/cache/data_7954c1489777acbd24f290752dee36fd-SMF-parse-81794-c00925f479429b259b4ada3d1301ea30.php on line 1

10. EternitynChaos

seems that way nightblade, I can bounce around without a care or problem, just hit pages 5 19 37 and 46 without error

11. Silver W. King

Silver W. King King of Adventures

Isn't it 15 successes? There are two tens.

12. BFldyq

BFldyq It's pronounced Be-Fled-Ick

13 successes with the tens counting twice. It would be 11 successes otherwise.

13. EternitynChaos

nope, 13, 7-9 1 success 10 = 2 success, 7 = 2, 8 = 4, 9 = 3, 10 = 2x2=4 total = 13

14. Silver W. King

Silver W. King King of Adventures

Does "Success" start from 6 or 7?

Never mind. Alright, then.

15. Threadmarks: Phoenix From The Underworld - Part 3
    Alexander

[X] Child of Mother Earth
    [X] Lightning Sprinter
    [X] Fist of the Daystar Form
    [X] Orichalcum Fists of Battle

----
    You unfold your arms as Boosted Gear changes to full gauntlet mode. It's not just your fists that are trembling; now the the air is trembling too. It quivers under the weight of your essence, under the malevolent killing intent you are radiating like a star about to explode into a supernova.

"Raiser Phenex" you say, as you begin to trigger a list of charms you'll need to tear his pretty-boy face off. You didn't actually know them, only knew of their names and nature from Bright's lessons on Solar Hero Style, but as you activate Fists of Iron Technique knowledge surfaces through the rage.

Orichalcum Fists of Battle

Fist of the Daystar Form

And you know them.

"There are a lot of things I can forgive. My first girlfriend tried to run me through and I didn't hold a grudge. My best friends are a pain in the ass but I still look out for them regardless. I even forgave Azazel for making the technique that almost killed one of my friends."

Your flesh ripples. Beneath your clothes your skin starts to transmute into scales, fingers into talons, bones shifting and muscles realigning for your imminent transformation. But not just yet; first you have to get this out.

"But you have crossed a line that only one other person has ever crossed before, and that person is dead. You can threaten me as much as you like, fling insults, do whatever. But I would strike the face of God to protect my friends! SO JUST IMAGINE WHAT I'M ABOUT TO DO TO YOU!"

As you scream the last part and start running toward him, Raiser's response is to start laughing. "Big words from a lowly mageling! If you know my clan, you should also know we're immortal! I can't die, do you understand what this means? It means I'm invincible! Even if you've a Longinus, there is no way you can hurt me!"

He puts his hands back in his pockets, abandoning all types of defense. "To prove it to your clearly delusional brain, I will be merciful and give you a free shot. C'mon, try it, and see the truth: that there's an insuperable abyss between us that cannot be cleared!"

You lean your fist back.

----

A heterogeneous group of people walked towards the building that housed the Occult Research Club. They are composed of: the whole ORC, Beowulf and two unknown females.

"I repeat, I didn't see or hear about Raiser today." Rias says to a woman with long, wavy purple hair. Her tone is polite, but from the coldness in her eyes it's clear she isn't happy. "I hope you understand it would be a problem for me. I need to be informed beforehand with this sort of things."

"We understand perfectly Rias-sama." Yubelluna, Raiser Phenex's Queen, replies with a respectful tone. "We just want to learn Raiser-sama's whereabouts since he disappeared without saying anything. We checked here under Ravel-sama's suggestion."

Ravel, a young girl with long blonde hair and dark blue eyes, the little sister of Raiser, shrugs as Rias' glare shifts to her. "I thought he would be here, since he was screaming 'I'm tired of waiting' before disappearing. Oni-sama is easily irritated those days."

Rias resists the urge to roll her eyes, part from irritation and part from amusement. "Alright. You can wait here for him. But if something bad happens I will consider Raiser responsible."

"You're overacting Ojou-sama." Beowulf comments. "What's the worst that could happen?"

A wall on the third floor of the Occult Research Club's building explodes with a sound akin to a dragon's roar. A comet of golden, searing light shoots out of it and rams on the ground with the force of a meteorite.

"-!-!-!-AAAAARRRRGGGHHHH!!!"

Two seconds later the screaming, half carbonized figure of Raiser Phenex rolls out of it, his orange flames trying to restore his body even as golden flames oppose and ferociously fight them for every inch of exposed skin.

"Raiser-sama?!" "Oni-sama!" What the...?"

A figure surrounded by a bonfire of burning sunlight jumps from the hole in the building and lands gracefully on the ground before slowly walking towards Raiser, revealing the determined form of Hyodo Issei, Boosted Gear deployed and murder in his eyes.

"The worst that could happen?" Dohna comments. "Apparently, that those two meet and immediately start killing each other."

"Who is he? Daring to attack Raiser-sama?!" Yubelluna steps forward.

Only to stop as her eyes meet their reflections into the lucid surface of a black blade.

"Now, let's not be so hasty." Beowulf casually comments, even as the drawn sword and his tone make it clear it was an order. "It appears two spirited young men are having an argument. It would be disrespectful to interrupt them without a reason, don't you think so?"

"Argument?" Kiba deadpans. "That's a battle to the death."

"In Scandinavia we call it 'manly bonding'."

Everyone look at Beowulf.

"It's true." He nods his head in a knowing manner. "My old man used to wake me up like that every morning while we were in the woods, learning how to kill bears bare-handed."

"...Explains so much." Koneko comments.

The others stare incredulously at Beowulf, all but Rias who is looking with worry and concern at Issei. Eventually she steals a quick glance at the Pawn, eyes hard. "What are you planning Beowulf-san?"

"Who know?" The Hero Descendant smirks.

Unseen by all the fingers of his free hand move to form a pattern.

----

'...I just learned two new Charms on the fly.' You comment in your head as you walk.

{I wouldn't call it learning. Like I said, for Solar Exalts Solar Hero Style is not a Martial Art, but the way their bodies naturally move. It's engraved into the very essence of what it means to be a Lawgiver. It often happened that a young Exalt, during particularly stressful moments where his emotions run rampant, called upon abilities he could wield but has yet to learn.}

'...Side-effects?'

{You will need to learn them properly at the first possible occasion, or they will fade and it will be more difficult to learn them in the future. Until them, there will be a motes surcharge for their activation.}

'Plenty of time.' You nod grimly.

"IT HURTS! IT HURTS! WHY IT HURTS?!" Raiser stands up, looking completely bewildered. His clothes are in tatters, burn marks all over them, and over his navel is still present a burn shaped like a shinning sun. "L-Light? Are you an exorcist?!"

"You're wrong." You stop, your arms kept perpendicular to your body. "Beyond my Sacred Gear, I has no other ties with the Biblical God. But I am the champion of another God, and he gave me the power to judge what is right and what is wrong." You point a clawed finger at him. "I am surprised you're standing up so soon. That blow, should have been enough to kill you three times in a row. My attacks inflict wounds that cannot be healed by magic. I'm impressed you were able to do it anyway. But it must have cost a lot."

"Y-You-!" Raiser's eyes burn with hate, and yet now there is also wariness and insecurity behind them.

You smirk. "[There's an insuperable abyss between us that cannot be cleared] is what you said, right? It appears it's true, but in the opposite way. Why don't we try again?" You point at your chest with a thumb. "This time, it's me who is giving you a free shot. We need to keep things fair, I don't want you later to complain like a sore loser that I've cheated."

That sends him over the edge. "YOU TRASH!" He shoots towards you and slams his fire-enveloped fist into your face.

Your body is swallowed by a wall of fire.

Raiser smirks triumphantly. "Ah! Who is the arrogant one now? Even with some cheap tricks, you're just a weak hu-Guah!"

The Devil coughs blood as a huge, red-scaled arm emerges from the fire and stabs him with its claws before clenching, the motion crushing half of his body into paste.

"That's where you are wrong."

A silhouette steps out from the flames.

First are the wings, draconian and with a wingspan of twelve yards.

Second are the legs, ending with thick claws instead of feet.

Third is the tail, with a length of one and half meter.

Fourth is the broad chest, covered with shinning red scales.

Fifth, and last, is the face: displaying a fearsome saurian visage instead of any human traits.

[​IMG]

"Because I don't hold the title of [Red Dragon Emperor] without a reason."

"WHAT THE HELL?!?" He screams as your three-meters frame towers over him. "You're a Dragon?!" His eyes almost pop off as he notices the burn marks on your neck healing with an incredible speed.
    "Human. Exalted. Dragon. And so much more." You toss him away and wait until he regenerates. "C'mon Raiser Phenex, let's start it again. A proper battle: a Phoenix against a Dragon."

You grin, and on your new face it's a thing of nightmare.

"Exciting, don't you think so?"

[] Write-in
    ----
    Both Issei and Raiser act on Tick 0
    ----

You can't use Fist of the Daystar Form while in Warform. Until you learn them properly, using the new Charms suffers from a surcharge of 3 motes.

16. Alexander

Join Battle:

Issei:
    [blockquote]Rolled 8d10 : 5, 9, 10, 4, 6, 3, 3, 10, total 50[/blockquote]

Raiser:
    [blockquote]Rolled 4d10 : 10, 9, 8, 7, total 34[/blockquote]

17. Alexander

Both Issei and Raiser act on Tick 0.

Darik29 likes this.
  18. Diller

Diller Versed in the lewd.

He gave us a free shot? Oh that idiot and he paid for it dearly.

Hmm those options for a reward.

Hey if we got another point of Xp could We buy another charm without going into exp debt?

Least Devotee likes this.
  19. megrisvernin

megrisvernin Connoisseur.

I'm a little bad at combat oriented Exalted builds. Suggestions for Strategy here?

20. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

Ahahahahahahahaha! Run little birdie, run! :))

[X] 1 Xp

Glorious experience points!

[X] With a might beat of your wings you drive yourself into the air and let out a mighty roar. "Still so proud of your regeneration, phoenix?! Being able to die as many times as you like isn't so useful when your opponent doesn't even notice your attacks, is it!" Light begins to pour from your maw as you avoid Raiser's blade of wind with only the slightest of movements, the trees behind you parting into splinters under the power of the spell. then you fire your attack from your jaws.
    -[X] HOLY DRAGON SHOT

21. EternitynChaos

Eh, worth it ^^ so very worth it

22. Alexander

A little question:

"She may reflexively spend 1 mote in Step 7 to count bonus successes on her unarmed Martial Arts attack rolls twice for the purposes of damage."

Does this mean that I need to add bonus successes twice to raw damage? I am not too sure what this part means.

23. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

That's my reading of it. You don't actually roll damage until step 8, so this charm enhances how many damage dice you roll, not how much damage you inflict.

24. EternitynChaos

yep what Smut said, its why it combos with HTH so very well

25. Diller

Diller Versed in the lewd.

[X] 1 XP

[X] noahgab1133

26. EternitynChaos

how much do you want to bet this is being broadcast to the whole underworld ^^; damn it Rias your brother is an asshole and probably set this whole thing up /laugh we should buy him something nice after his wife finishes beating the hell out of him

27. darklord

darklord Versed in the lewd.

[X] 1 XP

28. Dreadis

Dreadis No idea whats going on

[X] 1 XP

[X]With a beat of your wings you drive yourself into the air and let out a mighty roar. "Still so proud of your regeneration, phoenix?! Being able to die as many times as you like isn't so useful when your opponent doesn't even notice your attacks, is it!" Light begins to pour from your maw as you avoid Raiser's blade of wind with only the slightest of movements, the trees behind you parting into splinters under the power of the spell. then you fire your attack from your jaws.
    -[X] HOLY DRAGON SHOT

this seems like a good idea to me

29. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

The reasoning behind using a ranged attack rather than closing in and punching him again:

Raiser is wary of us now and is most likely going to fall back and pelt us with wind spells now that we're outdoors. Showing him that he can't escape us just by running away is the next step in crushing his ego.

30. EternitynChaos

good point, though we probably want to stunt it better, we might get a 1 dice with the current vote as is